Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: do you think younger generation is more open to technology?  (Read 2043 times)
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:25:51 PM

Does technology favor the young! Do you think we need younger lawmakers to translate the language of cryptocurrency.

It is very hard to tell something about a group of people in common, generally. I think the idea that younger people are more open to tech is flawed. This is not a question of age or gender, but more of background and way of thinking.
I don't agree with your arguments. Old people and middle-aged people have a habit. It is very difficult to overcome. For example Smoking is also a habit. Try to quit Smoking. It is very difficult for old people to adopt new technologies. They always prefer to use what they are used to. It's easier to live. They don't make sense to care about perspective. Young people always adopt new technologies. They care about their future and don't want to stay out of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Absolutely. The majority of young people live for technology. Just try to take away the phone of a seventeen years old for an hour or so. it is nearly impossible. Young generation is not only more open, but also it dependable of technology these days.

dreico

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:46:04 PM

a logical assumption, they are already born in the environment of these technologies, so that it is easier for them to master this
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

Yes, I think the younger generation is more easy to accept the relatively new technologies such as cryptography and blockchain, and the elderly may be because they don't understand blockchain and bitcoin, so most of the time, they may think this is a ponzi scheme.

raymondsamillano

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

As technology develops, the quality of education increases with youth. When a child learns to play super Mario eventually he/she can understand the bitcoin. I can say that those in the 9 to 11 year old can influence the knowldege of cryptocurrency by older friends.
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

Does technology favor the young! Do you think we need younger lawmakers to translate the language of cryptocurrency.

Of course since to them it would be like normal and they would need not to adapt compared to the older generation who are not used to modern technology which relatively affects how they will react towards cryptocurrencies. Statistically speaking https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-user-demographics-european-males-age-25-34/  there are much fewer old bitcoin user compared to group age of 30s below.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:34:48 AM

It is very hard to tell something about a group of people in common, generally. I think the idea that younger people are more open to tech is flawed. This is not a question of age or gender, but more of background and way of thinking.
There is no way that we can deny the open mindedness and the attraction towards technology and things like that which this young generation is having in their minds and that they are keen to learn as many new things as they can manage to.

This is why they are acquiring enough of information regarding so many things and exploring new things and also helping others in having that information by letting them know.
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:32:45 PM

In my opinion, the younger generation is well versed with the current technology, and them is more comfortable to accept something new and deal with it. 
procopiapao

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:06:07 PM

Yes. The younger generation is so techy and enjoyed or usually spend more time in holding their gadgets and different devices. Since they are enjoying the concept of technology and easily understand it, I conclude that they are more open to technology but needed the advice from the elders because they have more experience that the younger ones. Through those experiences, the younger ones can improve their experiences.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

It looks like the younger generation are more open to new technology, the probelm with most of the people in the industrial age is that they are scared of change, but change is the only constant thing in the world, though having more young minds in politic s will certainly help drive forward this change

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

As i observe there is a lot of teenager who are learning on what is bitcoin all about. Though having more young minds in politic s will certainly help drive forward this change. It is more easy to accept the relatively new technologies such as cryptography and blockchain, and the elderly may be because they don't understand blockchain and bitcoin. Young generation is not only more open but also it dependable of technology these days. But there are also adult people who perfectly understand the cryptocurrency.  Most likely the result depends on the desire to understand and the belief to learn.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

Of course my mate, youngs are more open to new technologies, i think that crypto is full of young adoptors.. i have seen one time a young guy, a bitcoin millionaire, its a good example.. crypto is getting adopted by the young investors, a wide community means a community with all ages, kids, adults and others.
Victorheywhy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:53:24 PM

We're now in the 21st century where things have really changed. Technology has gone farther to even younger beings. Young ones are now open to technologies these days, which shouldn't be surprising to us. Since technology keeps developing, then we'll have more youths being advanced in technology.
TheHerdsman

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:04:34 PM

They are actually not as open to technology as we think. Of course they embrace it, they have been doing so since they were young. But are they as prepared to change the way they do things? I do not think so. If you tell them to use new tech for showing off their lives on social media, sure. Make their lives easier? Sure. But change the way they do finance? Take control back from the banks and the state? Somehow, I believe they do not care unless it makes them more money. Entitled generation.

I'm also looking at the things in a similar way. Millenials proved to be better at using the technology than the people before them and it's natural since they were raised in that environment. Today's kids know how to watch cartoons on youtube before they know how to speak or write. But is it good for the skills that a person needs to develop in order to be a "creator" and not a "consumer"? Social networks, videogames, tv, youtube, you name it .. All of these services have contributed more to passive way of life than to being proactive and productive. Purpose of technology is to serve as a tool that we use to increase the quality of our lives, something to control and not to be controlled with.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:17:50 PM

off course the young in this era have a great knowledge about technologi, but i think for the lawmakers to translate the language of cryptocurrency we need the person who really interested and expert in this cryptoworld.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
CryptoMishka

Activity: 109
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:54:04 PM

Yes, certainly. I think the older generation is not easy to understand even with modern gadgets, to crypto-currencies they are basically treated as a pyramid. As they say, burned in milk - blowing on the water.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 05:54:12 PM

Yes, of course. the longer the new generation will be very open with technology. and the older generation will be left behind by technology. maybe someday teenagers already play with cryptocurrency
faatipoke

Activity: 321

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:58:15 PM

of course younger generation is more open. moreover, nerds are more open to technology. with the increasing in price of bitcoin and success story of cryptocoins, I think wealth is being transfered to those young nerd people these days.

pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:00:44 PM

Yes of course,younger generations will understand the blockchain technology than those millenials,younger generations has early exposure with the technology that is why this is some kinda old thing,technology and im sure they can easily adopt the technology more than the old school guys so im very sure these people will be more open than other generations.

pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:05:59 PM

Of course yes,because these people are exposed to the latest technology too early,that is why they are more open with these new technology and innovations,it is easier for them to get into something new because they are exposed with good technology as soon as they are born unlike those millenials which doesnt have any computer when they are too young.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: