Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Opportunity to sell for bitcoin  (Read 1754 times)
IllumTSC (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:35:32 AM

I was wondering, if you had an opportunity to sell your stuff alike cars, pc, homethings and etc., would you sell it for bitcoin (or maybe other altcoin)? The main question is to see, are you ready trade stuff for cryptocurrencies and how do you imagine it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:01:57 AM

I am thinking the other way around. I am using Bitcoin and other type of cryptocurrency in order to stabilize my financial needs. Some did sell their belongings and assets just to get on board to Bitcoin some did a great job, some might suffered. The only thing you have to remember is to use only the money you are capable of losing. Selling your belongings and assets just to buy Bitcoin is not advisable for me.
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:08:29 AM

I think, if you sell cars and houses to buy such as bitcoin, then you are a kind of gambling behavior, good trading strategies are more likely to make money, but should try to avoid gambling,

qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:14:40 AM

I was wondering, if you had an opportunity to sell your stuff alike cars, pc, homethings and etc., would you sell it for bitcoin (or maybe other altcoin)? The main question is to see, are you ready trade stuff for cryptocurrencies and how do you imagine it?

The short answer is: NO.
I would not want to risk most of my properties being liquidated for the purpose of acquiring bitcoin as it lacks collateral and security. Even though the profit returns on investing into cryptocurrency (bitcoin to be specific) seems to be high as compared to other investment mechanisms, I would rather use a partial of my monthly income into acquiring bitcoin rather than using my properties which are relatively higher in value.

I think, if you sell cars and houses to buy such as bitcoin, then you are a kind of gambling behavior, good trading strategies are more likely to make money, but should try to avoid gambling,

Well investing is also gambling, in a way that you are risking your assets for a return of profits in the future. I recommend that instead of liquidating your properties and investing it into bitcoin alone, you should try diversifying it by considering other investment types such as stocks, golds, bank deposits in order to reduce the chance of losing everything and to maximise profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:21:13 AM

I can sell it for Bitcoin or Ethereum and other promising coin. All is about business it ether you gain or you loss in business.If your not a risk taker your not a business orientated.
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:23:59 AM

I already sell stuff for Bitcoin but not any other crypto. I even offer 10-20% off for those who want to pay using Bitcoin. It's just my way of promoting BTC
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:30:39 AM

I will not sell my valuables to trade with bitcoin, because it's too risky.
I will use my excess money for bitcoin trading, I choose altcoin as a means of trading, because it does not require large funds. besides the advantage of altcoin trading is greater than the bitcoin.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:36:16 AM

I will not sell my valuables to trade with bitcoin, because it's too risky.
I will use my excess money for bitcoin trading, I choose altcoin as a means of trading, because it does not require large funds. besides the advantage of altcoin trading is greater than the bitcoin.

Yes, but there are people who did that kind of stuff lately:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/dutch-bitcoin-family-sells-everything-and-moves-to-campsite-to-wait-for-the-cryptocurrency-boom/news-story/dc9934d548fcd12c1864b510ceab3641

It looks like he really gamble because after the December madness, bitcoin was never the same. And that was about 4 months ago so I'm sure that he regrets his decision for doing it.

Personally, I'm not that stupid. I will not sell everything just to invest in bitcoin. The risk is too high.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:40:44 AM

If you want to sell your stuffs to invest on crypto currencies then it is a bad idea because price of crypto is volatile so it may lose its value at any time.But you can sell your things which is not important to you or you really wanna sell it then if possible trade it for crypto currency and it will be investment and it will produce return in future and direct convertion of crypto save the transaction fee and withdraw fee from exchange.
google98

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

I would personally only invest what I can afford to lose in case of failure (ie savings or dedicated money for something extra - travel or so on).
But selling my stuff to invest, it looks more like gambling.  Huh

Wipangga

Activity: 600

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:50:28 AM

For me, I will not sell my stuff, to get bitcoin. I think I am with little capital for me is not a problem with getting bitcoin, because by way of trading for me very easy to get many ways to buy low prices and sell higher prices again.
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

Bitcoin should put you in a better position financially and improve your life, this only means that you invest in what you are capable of losing. if you decide to sell things that you use on a daily basis to get on board, then it might put you in a very awkward position especially when you lose it all. as we all know, this is a very risky business, approach it with caution. don't sell valuables for BTC.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:58:51 AM

Why you should sell your items just to get bitcoin? You can spare some of your income just yo buy any amount of bitcoin as long as it is affordable to you. There is so many way to get bitcoin. I was misleading the title and what you asked the first time but I think that it is no way someone will sell his personal things just to buy a little bit of coin here, unless they are in emergency conditions
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:10:01 PM

it depends on the reason for selling those stuff. people usually sell their things because they need the money to do something with it and sometimes they sell their things because they are old.
if it is an extra money that i don't need then obviously i would love to sell it directly for bitcoin instead of selling for cash and then investing that cash in bitcoin.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:38:41 PM

To take big advantage that must take a big risk too. However if I have owned a car or other and sold it for investment or trading in bitcoin the answer is I will not take that opportunity. I don't know everything yet about bitcoin and altcoin is still superficial my knowledge about cryptocurrency. I will be trading and investing with a capital that I have and will not sacrifice anything to do it. Convenience in trading and investment is the main thing, the price of crypto is so volatile that I will not take a second risk after selling a goods that I have.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:38:51 PM

I actually thought of that, but I wasn't able to pull it off since not everyone that I know are willing to pay in crypto. It's actually one good way to get your hands on crypto if you don't have one, you just have to provide your address. Yet, come to think of it, since you're like having a garage sale, FIAT's the more viable payment during that time.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:44:45 PM

definitely at this point bitcoin offers great returns if trading is what your into,ive done some transactions and ive been the one to request payment in bitcoins , sometimes i'm successful sometimes im not as some of my associates prefer to keep a tight hold on their bitcoins. bitcoin prices can go up or down overnight but the general net trend is a upward one so even if your experiencing a slump now all this can change in an instant with the price going up , making me some dough.

zhinaivan

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

For me im not sell my stuff for bitcoin just only if i have a excess money to trade because trading bitcoin its risky you need to accept if your lose or win thats why control your self when you come to trade.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

My motto regarding topics like this would be to always and just always sell the stuff that you have extra items for or those stuff that you really don’t need. I would not sacrifice what I have to give something for my investment to me even if I ak investing on something I would always do it by my own extra money not by my savings or those that I ak currently spending on as that to me is the epitome of what should we do whenever we are going to sell our items for investments especially on bitcoin
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:59:07 PM

I will be happy to do that but the issue is that in my country there is not much acceptance for bitcoins especially among the uneducated people. A lot of millionaires ( who inherited real estate properties or money from parents) do not have any idea about bitcoins and thus they will not accept it for transactions. Another problem is that government is having strict watch on all the big transactions happening in the country related to bitcoins and thus people are avoiding it for large deals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: