Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:28:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Purse.io - Bitcoin Amazon Marketplace - Save ~10-25% on Amazon Wishlist  (Read 99224 times)
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:12:47 AM

I feel you definitely should limit the discount. I see some people giving BTC a value at over $900. Maybe allow some fluctuation/discount but that is insane.

+1 That one is pure greed. Who's gonna buy bitcoins at double the market rate?

On another note, maybe you could include an option for a slightly bigger discount when prime isn't available. You would reach a bigger buyer base this way.

mrkent (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:04:18 AM

I feel you definitely should limit the discount. I see some people giving BTC a value at over $900. Maybe allow some fluctuation/discount but that is insane.

+1 That one is pure greed. Who's gonna buy bitcoins at double the market rate?

On another note, maybe you could include an option for a slightly bigger discount when prime isn't available. You would reach a bigger buyer base this way.

We try to make the marketplace as nonrestrictive as possible. As the service scales, the prices should move towards market, as higher priced orders will be lower on the list. Additionally, some liquidity is better than no liquidity.

I agree that overpriced orders create a bad image, and we will probably test out a varying fee structure that scales with the discount set by spender.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
PurpleTentacle

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:20:20 AM

We try to make the marketplace as nonrestrictive as possible. As the service scales, the prices should move towards market, as higher priced orders will be lower on the list. Additionally, some liquidity is better than no liquidity.

I agree that overpriced orders create a bad image, and we will probably test out a varying fee structure that scales with the discount set by spender.

I understand that it's a liquidity problem, just wanted to bitch about it. Apart from that I really like your service, it's a viable solution for amazon affiliates to cash out their earnings for bitcoin.

PurpleTentacle

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:05:55 PM

I have a question:

Is it possible to buy only part of a wishlist if it consists of multiple items?

tim-tams

Activity: 479
Merit: 252

You, Me, and BTC: *Your* Liberty & Bitcoin Podcast

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

I'm having trouble with order SP-812ea015. I can't mark the items as received because nothing happens whenever I click the button. I've tried multiple browsers and computers. Any thoughts?

mrkent (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:15:26 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 06:42:26 PM by mrkent

I have a question:

Is it possible to buy only part of a wishlist if it consists of multiple items?

Nope, you gotta order the entire wishlist. That's why we allow spenders to split them, or buyers to enter in the amount they're looking for. Splitting orders would become a support nightmare.

I'm having trouble with order SP-812ea015. I can't mark the items as received because nothing happens whenever I click the button. I've tried multiple browsers and computers. Any thoughts?

Tim-tams, I'll look into it, but emailing support@purse.io will help us keep everything organized.

This video here should give you a quick overview in the meantime (sorry for font size but it's so others can see).

Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:07:56 PM

So far I can comment and say transaction went smooth both as a buyer and seller. I bought something for someone they received the item and released the bitcoin to me no problems. I just put in a buy order as well and someone fulfilled it and it should be shipping out soon. Great service and reasonable fees hopefully they stay reasonable. Highly recommended we just need more order volume
SuchGravity

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:58:36 PM

Well done site. Now all it is missing are more orders!  Grin
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:01:49 PM

Looks great. I will definitely buy some Amazon products for BTC!
PurpleTentacle

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

The new design looks nice, but can you please make the market data accessible again without having to be logged in?

mrkent (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:53:11 AM

Well done site. Now all it is missing are more orders!  Grin

We recently started marketing after the redesign. The orderbook is pretty deep now.

Looks great. I will definitely buy some Amazon products for BTC!

Do it!

The new design looks nice, but can you please make the market data accessible again without having to be logged in?

We decided against that for the simplicity's sake. May I ask why you'd prefer not to log in?

Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:37:14 AM

the new design is nice however please separate the euro from usd orders. Also consider showing more available orders than just the 5 or 6
PurpleTentacle

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:18:11 AM

We decided against that for the simplicity's sake. May I ask why you'd prefer not to log in?

I'm checking the site at work where others may have access to my computer, so I have to log in and out again each time I want to check if there are new spend orders. It's just easier and safer to not have to log in.

mrkent (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 03:26:22 AM

the new design is nice however please separate the euro from usd orders. Also consider showing more available orders than just the 5 or 6

You can filter the orders by country the settings tab. They are listed according to exchange rate, so you might actually pay less (even with intl cc fees) by buying an order from different countries.

We will add a button to list more than the 5 currently being displayed.

I'm checking the site at work where others may have access to my computer, so I have to log in and out again each time I want to check if there are new spend orders. It's just easier and safer to not have to log in.

A quick and dirty solution for your case might just to create a 2nd account. There's a bunch of cheap orders now (since I'm assuming you're a buyer.)

Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:54:11 PM

mrkent: set a read-only account for bugmenot.com

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
yupy123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

For some reason there is something that I'm just not getting.

If I make a wish list from amazon and put it on your site, (I believe that's called the spender) Do I have to purchase coins by being a buyer (by purchasing someone else's wish list) then I go and spend them by creating my own wish list? I don't understand how I save money this way? How else do I get BTC in order to put up a spend request?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:02:18 AM

One glitch I found: If you create an amazon.com wishlist, and have it shipped to another country, the site doesn't take into account the shipping/import deposit fees.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 04:15:11 PM by MrWDunne

I have been trying to use Purse.io to make some orders but it seems to be being abused successfully by scammers.
The system is automatically giving the money to the "buyers" as soon as the item is removed from your wishlist... which happens sometimes when the order is placed.
Because of this someone has ordered my items, and then cancelled the order and taken the money - I know this because suddenly the item is back on the list.
Furthermore, I've had many items "ordered" with next day shipping but after 4 (four, yes four) business days post order they've not arrived. Not. Even. One. The buyers haven't logged on and given any shipping details and I don't know what to do.
Please do not use this site, it is awful.

They are possibly making it right now

No action taken yet

ajw7989
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:27:59 PM

I have been trying to use Purse.io to make some orders but it seems to be being abused successfully by scammers.
The system is automatically giving the money to the "buyers" as soon as the item is removed from your wishlist... which happens sometimes when the order is placed.
Because of this someone has ordered my items, and then cancelled the order and taken the money - I know this because suddenly the item is back on the list.
Furthermore, I've had many items "ordered" with next day shipping but after 4 (four, yes four) business days post order they've not arrived. Not. Even. One. The buyers haven't logged on and given any shipping details and I don't know what to do.

you sure the bitcoin was not returned to you? I only put enough bitcoin in to fund my transaction and I had this happen once to me a few weeks ago and when the person cancelled it the bitcoin was given back to me. Since it was a few weeks ago maybe the scammers did not perfect the method yet so not sure. Regardless I readded the item to my wishlist and it went through successfully by another buyer.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

you sure the bitcoin was not returned to you? I only put enough bitcoin in to fund my transaction and I had this happen once to me a few weeks ago and when the person cancelled it the bitcoin was given back to me. Since it was a few weeks ago maybe the scammers did not perfect the method yet so not sure. Regardless I readded the item to my wishlist and it went through successfully by another buyer.
Yeah, the funds were removed from my account.

And it would be just as concerning if it had returned the funds because I could then just remove the item from my wishlist and get my money back after they ordered it

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: