Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:34:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:54:18 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 07:09:52 PM by mmitech

Wink I do understand merged mining. I'm not against it in this mine. But also, I do not demand it. It's just not that high on my priority list.

Own pool was originally planned for Petamine project (quote from the FAQ):
There will be no mining fee because we will be using our own custom mining pool. This will save the shareholder about 1-5% of revenue

But that was left out later, when they realized to not beeing able to rise the funds to build/start the mine with planned % of the network. (IMHO)

We arent demanding it.
We are discussing and requesting it. And honestly to me merged mining is a high priority, not doing so is leaving money on the table.
We seem to agree on the idea of the merged coins being used only for reinvestment purposes.
Merged mining is supported by p2pool so its 2 birds with 1 stone, merged mining costs nothing to implement and there are at least 5 coins that can be merge mined which means extra money. With the amount of hardware they are bringing online its better for the network for the to mine with p2pool. Its possible they are using eligius at the moment because its easy to use and they can show us they are actually mining and how much is being mined.

- We are mining at Eligius, so we do have merged mining (NMC), I am against mining in other small pools that have more Scam coins just to increase the income with 0.0x% and with that increase the variance of finding a block also increase even more.
- I do not care about other coins, and I don't know how will NMC be counted but I would like to not include it into the dividends and invest it somewhere else instead.
- please stop bitching about pools, and let them focus on getting the operation online at the right time.
- owning a private pool is not ideal at this time, I would be with P2Pool mining if we reach 5-10% of the network hashrate and I wouldnt care about merged coins.

I would better like to see the guys working on DIY projects to build up their own miners and sell to other small miners, even If I had to buy more shares to help them out with this...

Elvis Trout

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:07:35 PM

This is great news.

But I still think we deserve the 20% extra for Feb. Especially considering you're meant to have free miners as we're from the December batch.

nothing has been said either way yet, but I think it's worth noting. Of course, I also think the extra 20% should hold, but if it is the case that there are some "free" compensatory miners, then let's just hope for a nice surprise when everything is up and running and we get a nice proper announcement to the effect that all miners are in place, plus a bonus... give it time and we shall see what happens next week

Cryptx
Do we know how much hashing power is supposed to be delivered next week?

We received our first 2 out of 30 TerraMiners today and are hashing at an average of about 1.6TH / system, a next batch is already under way and according to tracking will arrive on Tuesday.

A next batch could mean the same number as before (2) or it could mean more. It seems all he has is a tracking number.

First miners from Bitmine will also arrive next week.

This also implies a batch of =/>2

So my guess is at least 2 of each, but hopefully more!

Thanks, but thats a conclusion I could have reached on my own. I directed the question to cryptx because I am curious if they know how many machines are arriving on tuesday. I am also curious as to the # of machines bitmine has ready for them to pickup.

Sorry, I know, I just thought cryptx was unlikely to respond, wasn't trying to demean you in any way. It is definitely a question worth asking, but cryptx does not seem to answer many questions.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:31:08 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:12:20 PM by rdyoung

Wink I do understand merged mining. I'm not against it in this mine. But also, I do not demand it. It's just not that high on my priority list.

Own pool was originally planned for Petamine project (quote from the FAQ):
There will be no mining fee because we will be using our own custom mining pool. This will save the shareholder about 1-5% of revenue

But that was left out later, when they realized to not beeing able to rise the funds to build/start the mine with planned % of the network. (IMHO)

We arent demanding it.e are discussing and requesting it. And honestly to me merged mining is a high priority, not doing so is leaving money on the table.
We seem to agree on the idea of the merged coins being used only for reinvestment purposes.
Merged mining is supported by p2pool so its 2 birds with 1 stone, merged mining costs nothing to implement and there are at least 5 coins that can be merge mined which means extra money. With the amount of hardware they are bringing online its better for the network for the to mine with p2pool. Its possible they are using eligius at the moment because its easy to use and they can show us they are actually mining and how much is being mined.

- We are mining at Eligius, so we do have merged mining (NMC), I am against mining in other small pools that have more Scam coins just to increase the income with 0.0x% and with that increase the variance of finding a block also increase even more.
- I do not care about other coins, and I don't know how will NMC be counted but I would like to not include it into the dividends and invest it somewhere else instead.
- please stop bitching about pools, and let them focus on getting the operation online at the right time.
- owning a private pool is not ideal at this time, I would be with P2Pool mining if we reach 5-10% of the network hashrate and I wouldnt care about merged coins.

I would better like to see the guys working on DIY projects to build up their own miners and sell to other small miners, even If I had to buy more shares to help them out with this...  

I am sorry if your view of things has you seeing our discussion of merged mining and what pool we mine on as bitching.

While I do know that the difficulty increase will level out, the 35% reinvestment is going to keep us behind the curve.
We won't catch up until it levels off. If we merge mined nmc/dvc/ixc/i0c and whatever else we could it give us a LOT more revenue for hardware purchases thereby helping us keep up.
And again, its better for the network if they ran a p2pool node. All you need is a somewhat beefy pc running linux and little bit of tech knowledge, for someone that has some experience with anything IT it doesn't take long to get one up and running.

I wish I had as much money as you that I could say that the extra few % income from merged coins wasn't worth doing.
220ths right now would generate an extra 25$/day from DVC and IXC, @ 3$/GHS thats an extra 8+GHS/day they could bring on. Thats an extra 240ghs/month. Now thats at the current BTC/usd, if/when BTC resumes its upward trend that means more GHS that can be purchased everyday.
trek27

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:00:39 PM

1. I agree that merged mining is a nice idea. But surely it is NOT priority.

Priority is to build efficient farm and then to reinvest in cost effective and fast way.
    When and only when this is done and works in a way that allows for some spare time (for CryptX that is) they could turn to merged mining or other interesting ideas.

2. There are some interesting posts by Zefir on official Bitmine forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.1440 regarding what's going on at Bitmine and with development of alternative PCBs

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

Priority is to build efficient farm and then to reinvest in cost effective and fast way.
    When and only when this is done and works in a way that allows for some spare time (for CryptX that is) they could turn to merged mining or other interesting ideas.

2. There are some interesting posts by Zefir on official Bitmine forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.1440 regarding what's going on at Bitmine and with development of alternative PCBs

On the contrary. 1 the extra coins would give income to support the growth of the farm. 2 as I posted before setting up p2pool is trivial for anyone with IT experience/knowledge.
Again, considering they are concerned about the % of the network they control and the fact that merged mining only costs the time needed to set it up it seems the only logical way for them to go.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:23:23 PM

On the contrary. 1 the extra coins would give income to support the growth of the farm. 2 as I posted before setting up p2pool is trivial for anyone with IT experience/knowledge.
Again, considering they are concerned about the % of the network they control and the fact that merged mining only costs the time needed to set it up it seems the only logical way for them to go.

as I always say, if you are not happy with the business model of this operation you can simply sell your shares, I am sure plenty of people out there will buy them at a discount, I for sure would buy them at the IPO price...

Merged mining = Supporting Scam coins, therefor I am against it by principal, add to that it is an additional work for Cryptx and waste of valuable time and energy that should be invested somewhere else... and I am sure many other share holders agree with me on this.
Elvis Trout

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:32:53 PM

as I always say, if you are not happy with the business model of this operation you can simply sell your shares, I am sure plenty of people out there will buy them at a discount, I for sure would buy them at the IPO price...

Merged mining = Supporting Scam coins, therefor I am against it by principal, add to that it is an additional work for Cryptx and waste of valuable time and energy that should be invested somewhere else... and I am sure many other share holders agree with me on this.

Well your principle is wasting us all money. I do not agree with you on this. I doubt there are many things Cryptx could spend time on that would increase revenue more at this stage. There are only two machines at the data centre so there isn't much to do, and it's not like it would even take that long! The sooner it's done the more we gain in the long term due to the compounding effect of having more money to bring in more hardware.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:26:40 AM

Well your principle is wasting us all money. I do not agree with you on this. I doubt there are many things Cryptx could spend time on that would increase revenue more at this stage. There are only two machines at the data centre so there isn't much to do, and it's not like it would even take that long! The sooner it's done the more we gain in the long term due to the compounding effect of having more money to bring in more hardware.

Well the last few days I saw most kinds of investors on this board, I didn't like the way of thinking and the pushing nature of many of them, a quick buck and a shortcut will never bring a business to the top, it will achieve short-term profits but then the selfish needs of the "getting quickly rich" scheme will make it harder for the operator to do some wise decisions for long term.

I was so excited, I even tried to buy more shares (held almost 2% already), but after watching this thread for weeks I understand why Cryptx is not so communicative and hold words most of the time.

to be honest, I didn't expect to get rich of this operation, I always had the goal of locking out my funds in such project and breaking even with 30-50%, this is just fine to keep me out of day trading, I had my doubts about these useless arguments, some arguing about the pool others about merged mining, some others buy shares then call the Operators scammers and Ask for pictures and tracking numbers, and many spamming the thread with useless stuff.

there is something I have to admit, I knew that share price will rise with time when Cryptx start deploying hardware and when they start building miners them selves, I even thought double the share price some when at the end of this year was possible if we consider all the "IFs". but what a surprise when they deployed the miners and pulled out the IPO shares, the price went strait to 0.097xx I was really surprised.

that been said, I was thinking the last few days about the behavior of other people, this IPO have a voting share right, I see that I don't agree with most of you, and I also see that Cryptx will have a tough time operating this operation when some bitch about every small detail (get rich right tonight with these scam coins), therefor I was selling my shares slowly (yes I was the one bringing the price down to 0.055).

just cashed the last shares after reading comments over here, 20% profit is acceptable for me, and good luck everyone with the merged mining and all other matters.
altoidmintz

Activity: 180

After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:35:12 AM

Well the last few days I saw most kinds of investors on this board, I didn't like the way of thinking and the pushing nature of many of them, a quick buck and a shortcut will never bring a business to the top, it will achieve short-term profits but then the selfish needs of the "getting quickly rich" scheme will make it harder for the operator to do some wise decisions for long term.

I was so excited, I even tried to buy more shares (held almost 2% already), but after watching this thread for weeks I understand why Cryptx is not so communicative and hold words most of the time.

to be honest, I didn't expect to get rich of this operation, I always had the goal of locking out my funds in such project and breaking even with 30-50%, this is just fine to keep me out of day trading, I had my doubts about these useless arguments, some arguing about the pool others about merged mining, some others buy shares then call the Operators scammers and Ask for pictures and tracking numbers, and many spamming the thread with useless stuff.

there is something I have to admit, I knew that share price will rise with time when Cryptx start deploying hardware and when they start building miners them selves, I even thought double the share price some when at the end of this year was possible if we consider all the "IFs". but what a surprise when they deployed the miners and pulled out the IPO shares, the price went strait to 0.097xx I was really surprised.

that been said, I was thinking the last few days about the behavior of other people, this IPO have a voting share right, I see that I don't agree with most of you, and I also see that Cryptx will have a tough time operating this operation when some bitch about every small detail (get rich right tonight with these scam coins), therefor I was selling my shares slowly (yes I was the one bringing the price down to 0.055).

just cashed the last shares after reading comments over here, 20% profit is acceptable for me, and good luck everyone with the merged mining and all other matters.

Please...everyone else sell your shares as well...I am loving the low prices...

What you all apparently don't realize is that us, the investors who are not talking so much, are plenty happy with the way things are going.

Please, sell this .055 wall - I would like even cheaper shares Wink

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:05:08 AM

I apologize if in the world you occupy simply discussing something that would/could be an improvement for both the network and our own profits constitutes me not liking their current business model. You must also tell people to move out of the country if they discuss what the politicians, president or military is doing. If your not with us, your against us. Right?Huh?
If I think that a local store should take bitcoins I should stop shopping there because I disagree with their business model? What about if I ask my local grocer to carry a certain item? Or if they stopped carrying a product I liked? I should never shop their again.

And NO I wont be selling my shares and I am glad you did. Because obviously you have a very warped sense of reality and will hopefully stop trolling this thread and return the bridge from whence you came.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:08:03 AM

Please...everyone else sell your shares as well...I am loving the low prices...

What you all apparently don't realize is that us, the investors who are not talking so much, are plenty happy with the way things are going.

Please, sell this .055 wall - I would like even cheaper shares Wink
Then why are you talking now?
What you don't realize is that those of who are discussing ways to maximize the profits from the hardware we are invested in do so because we are invested in it, and want to see them as profitable as they can be.
DropDead.Be

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:59:09 AM

Would you get a dividend if you are selling shares in escrow?

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:12:31 AM

Would you get a dividend if you are selling shares in escrow?
Yes. Shares are yours until someone buys them - fills your sell order.
trek27

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:28:24 AM

I hope you will come back. Normally, variety of points of view helps to make good decisions.
By the way, voting power depends on the number of shares you own so don't give up too early  Wink
Elvis Trout

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:48:07 PM

I hope you will come back. Normally, variety of points of view helps to make good decisions.
By the way, voting power depends on the number of shares you own so don't give up too early  Wink

Yes, pushing you out was the last thing I expected from my comments, I'm sorry if I offended you, I thought we were just discussing options.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:29:54 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 02:40:37 PM by mmitech

By the way, voting power depends on the number of shares you own so don't give up too early  Wink

Yes, pushing you out was the last thing I expected from my comments, I'm sorry if I offended you, I thought we were just discussing options.

I wasn't offended whatsoever, I can debate with you about anything matters to me the whole day and I wouldn't be offended, your point of view is valuable to me but it doesn't mean that I will agree with you, but when we start arguing about a future investment and I see that most of holders doesn't share the view with me, this doesn't mean that I am smarter and others are dumber, it just mean that maybe it is not the right place for me, therefor I sold my shares to not argue with the majority about things I know that I wont agree with...it is just called investing your money where your mouth is and where you feel it is right for you.

there is another thing I would like to point out, the share price was trading for less than the IPO price, and there were around 20K IPO share left at 0.05, none of these buyers bought the IPO shares, but between a night and a day they decided to buy at 30%-100% premium, how is this suppose to help the operation ?

Cryptx needed selling the IPO shares to strengthen the operation with more funds, when you buy a share at 0.09 you are not investing that money into the operation to make it a better but you are just helping a share holder to get richer quickly and without doing any additional effort/risk....

How quickly you changed your tune. seems like you were a nervous investor looking for a chance to cashout. hardly longterm at all if this is really what it took for you to dump off, you were happy to bring the price down with you putting up large walls and biting bids making a quick dash for exit.. how're you feeling with it back at 0.07? bet you are salty.

your last post is mostly nonsense. I had been using Namecoin nearly 2 years before you even came here. for you to turn up and say merge-mining NMC equivalent to talking about 'get rich tonight with these scam coins' .lol, what does that even mean?? nobody Is getting rich off merge-mining NMC.. are you Okay sweetie?.

now you're on safe ground, you have a sudden change of heart accusing investors of being 'bitchy' and understanding why cryptx didn't give often updates.? well that's just  low and not confluent at all with your other posts on forum where you seemed pretty concerned yourself to be holding shares and checking for info from suppliers regularly. newsflash- there was mainly not often updates because issuer is at the mercy of the hardware suppliers who-- once again over-promised and under delivered, when this mining operation working with bitfury hardware everything was sweet as coconut. regular dividends, nobody need to ask for update. Everybody, including cryptx knew and understood it's fair there is some nail biting so no reason to make a scene now and storm out the room. Anyway Good riddance.. One goldfish jumped out the bowl be happy with your 20% but you just left some on the table

it could go to 0.1 and I wouldn't regret it even for a minute, see the difference is that beside wishing to make profit I have principals which are priceless... and yes I was asking for updates from Bitmine and Cointerra, and I was nervous when they were playing around, but why should I make a scene here when I know it is not CryptX fault and they had nothing to add ?

I will ask you something, is it hard for you to understand or is it wrong that I don't agree with you ?  
altoidmintz

Activity: 180

After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

Then why are you talking now?
What you don't realize is that those of who are discussing ways to maximize the profits from the hardware we are invested in do so because we are invested in it, and want to see them as profitable as they can be.

Merged mining would be cool. I'm actually in favor of creating our own mining pool. Represents 1-5% increased mining power amirite? Less consistent, yes, but more powerful which should be better for people who are actually investing to hold for a while.

lol.

michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:28:03 PM

I wasn't offended whatsoever, I can debate with you about anything matters to me the whole day and I wouldn't be offended, your point of view is valuable to me but it doesn't mean that I will agree with you, but when we start arguing about a future investment and I see that most of holders doesn't share the view with me, this doesn't mean that I am smarter and others are dumber, it just mean that maybe it is not the right place for me, therefor I sold my shares to not argue with the majority about things I know that I wont agree with...it is just called investing your money where your mouth is and where you feel it is right for you.

I agree with some of your sentiment and some of your points, however the majority were not represented by those few posts you counted so therefore I feel you have made an error in judgement sorry... Also I don't believe it is important to tell the community you have cashed out, I don't particularly want to theorise why you felt the need to share apart from perhaps affirming you made the right decision. Best of luck

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:07:14 AM

Nice to see things starting to move along with cryptx...both equipment-coming-in-wise as well as share price getting up to 0.0735 Smiley

Whoo hoo!!  Keep up the good work guys!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Foebar

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:51:12 AM

both miners are a bit unstable

Hashrate Average            Weighted Shares
12 hours                2,814.35 Gh/s            28307520
3 hours                1,898.52 Gh/s            4773968
22.5 minutes        2,326.08 Gh/s            731136
256 seconds        2,134.06 Gh/s            127200
128 seconds        2,803.51 Gh/s            83551

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: