Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2410 times)
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

That would be panic selling then.
Only buy bitcoin when the value dips and wait for it to increase; stay updated on the market. Then sell them in.
Investing or selling them in the first place without patience and notgetting profit is kind of pointless.
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:22:57 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.
Selling to cut losses is not the same with panic selling i think, that's a good move i believe if you know that the bearish market will stay for quite a long time.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
There's many reason why some others buy high and sell low some of reason is panic selling when they see market down they sell it immediately or sometimes because they need money immediately.  There's a lot reason and we cannot avoid that when people need money.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:39:34 AM

Thanks guys!
The most common reason is simple, people panic, they buy a coin thinking that is going to make them a lot of money only to realize too late that they made a mistake, since they bought that coin as a way to speculate with the market and not because they believed in the coin they are not sure of what to do, so they sell their coins for a bad price, this is a very common occurrence unfortunately, many people lose huge amounts of money simply by letting their emotions take control of their trades
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:49:49 AM

I've also one of those people that bought high and sold at low. The feeling that I've been through is I felt that bitcoin will surpass those ATH's so just to ride the bull, I don't want to be late so I don't care at all by that time if I bought on high because I believe that it can go further. And after buying at the wrong time, it put me in panic to see that my investment is going to collapse and can lead to zero. Those people who have experienced it can explain in details why they do that.
randyboy

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:57:59 AM

because people who invest in high then sell in low they are in panic mode just like you you think if that coin/token you'll invest continue to fall you'll not gaining profit or your invest may not be back so many of investor think like that so don't be negative or affraid the value of digital currencies are volatile.
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:11:40 AM

LOL, because this is the new trends *kidding.
Its probably they didn't set a stop loss on their buy or sell order. So, when the market suddenly crashed, it will happen. Another factor is, they probably buy when heard a false news. It will be dump hard when the project team announces their statement to counter the false news.

alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:38:44 AM

Thanks guys!

People dont want this process of buying high and sell low,instead the vice versa ,that we called buying low, and selling high,this is the big important if you want to become a successful traders on cryptocurrency,you must find a coins have a potential to grow in the market,with a low price you buy and hold it,for a certain period and sell it when the time if the price will grow,in order that you can earn a huge profit of the coins that you invest.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:48:36 AM

Thanks guys!

That is the common attitude of those new in trading or in investment. When people see that the price is high, they are encourage to buy and hold thinking that it may get higher in the future without thinking that it may change over time. Then when the price becomes low, they are worrying that it will turns to have no value so they sell. You must avoid that and condition yourself that prices change from time to time so do not panic.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:51:55 AM

Thanks guys!
It is simple explanation and by which you can relate with ypur own experience. In my experience first why it was always common to everyone because a lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge and the emotional being that cant be control by a person will be a trigger to sell in loss when the market gets dump hard. Cut loss is needed only if you know that there are more dips to come otherwise a pump occurred.
Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:06:55 AM

Thanks guys!

It commonly happens everytime. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. But its different when youre always losing, and there must be something wrong with your investment strategy. Most of the people who has a weak hands doesnt have a long term perspective for their investment, they tend to think of an easy way to multiply their capital. Thats why there's a saying "invest what you can afford to lose" . Because investment is supposed to be profitable. All we need to do is to study which coins we're going to buy and believe into it until you reach a certain target no matter if it crashes real hard. Patience and composure is one of the secret of a succesful investment.
Yakult

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:14:25 AM

If you will keep doing it, investing in crypto is not good for you. In investing selling low should never be an option. It is either you earn small or earn big. Never let your self lose hope cause we all know how crypto work. Patience and doing some research about the coin/s you're going to invest is the key to success.

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:49 AM

No one is happy with buying high and selling low price, even you won’t be happy with such. The main reason why people buy high and sell at a low price is due to not having patience and being afraid that they may lose their money while price is falling down.

But this is never something to bother about. If you’re smart enough and knows what to do, you should keep calm then and watch others play their game while you play yours. No matter what, people always be buying and selling, and price fall is not the only reason.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:00:32 AM

That is what happened when you easily got panic.. Instead of profiting you earned nothing sometimes you lose. Panic selling is not good, the best thing you should do is to not check always the price of btc so you will not got panic. Put it there for couple of months and see what will happen?
Anteros

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:03:46 AM

Thanks guys!
this can only be explained by experience.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:15:48 AM

I admit never did that. but when my prediction is true the price is further downhill.
I am very happy and proud to be a realistic person. but in some cases I never regret.
cares with assets. and not always thinking about the price target is important
fanBit101

Activity: 228
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:17:14 AM

It is the fear of investors. After the market, the pressure is not easy to tolerate in cryptocurrency. they had to go and sell their coins. they accepted the loss. that's the tragedy in crypto. and is a very valuable lesson.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

before trading you should learn the technique of becoming a trader, because without learning it you will experience many losses just like you gamble.
I used to start trading I also like you, often buy at expensive prices and sell at cheap prices, but after I learned it I have minimized so it is now easy to earn enough profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
uberua

Activity: 179

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

Thanks guys!
The main reason for such actions is panic. You shouldn't succumb to false news and fake comments. Assess the situation soberly Wink
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:37:46 AM

Thanks guys!

This is one of a hellish thing in trading. Everyone of us has different styles and ways but the truth is we can't anticipate what are others thinking when they are trading without gaining profit or even losing.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: