Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:51:26 AM

people buy high and sell low...this happened because when people heared that bitcoin price is high they will get attracted so they buy but then when suddenly the price dropped they panic and the tendency they will sell their bitcoin with out thinking that it will increase again

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Thamon

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:54:57 AM

The goal of investing is to sell something at a price that's higher than what the investor paid to buy it. The problem investors face is determining when prices are low enough to indicate a buy and high enough to decide that selling is the best choice.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Many people buy Bitcoin at high prices and hope it will be higher than the old rate so investors buy in spite of the market price, but the market is where no one can guess in advance, so the coins they buy are down. After that, those people panicked and sold at low prices.

a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:25:22 AM

Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

Im agree and disagree on your opinion that they are lack of knowledge in terms of buy and sells coin. We are always depending on the fluctuations of bitcoin and we didn't control the value rising and falling so that some of traders was afraid totally their money. Im agree with in the terms of because they are new here in trading so that is why they are panic selling and disagree for we didn't know what is there reason why they sell their coins.
barontamago

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:13:16 AM

People who are buying at high price then selling when the price is decrease, it is panic selling and many people who do this is new or beginner in trading and sometimes short term investors.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:23:00 AM

One thing that i believe which create such a lose is that you and those people that do end up buying high and sell low is that many of you people do not know when to buy, this is because the time at which you buy bitcoin determine your selling point.
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:27:58 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 11:26:00 AM by evader11

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Definitely you are among to those people have a panic sellers. You buy coins when the price is high because you still believe that this will go up higher without thinking in the future of it. When the price dumping, you've sell it because you are arfraid that they will keep on falling down. That is a bad idea you have think it well before you make a big decision.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

I agree. This has happened to the market again and again, where so many coins are dropping in value simultaneously, and many people are panicking as to what will happen to the market. I think that as you go get more experience and explore the other facets of this market, then you would have a better grasp panic selling is, for most parts, not a good move. The key virtue here is patience because why would you even dispose your holdings, when in the end, it would only give you a loss or little profit. Most people here target around 20%-50% gain, so if you see that getting rid of it would only you something lower than that, then why bother? Just be smart mate.

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:41:56 AM

Yes everything is correct. That who so does is subject to panic and mood of crowd. It is necessary not to give in to emotions and always to think most. It is necessary to wait for growth if you bought good coins - that to you nothing to be afraid

_Mikasa_

Activity: 234
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:23:36 AM

Because you are a panic seller I think. You are taking risks of buying high amount of crypto then you sell because you are afraid that you will lose more money than you thought you were. Being into crypto must be a risk taker and must be well-informed on what kind of crypto you will buy.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:36:31 AM

People buy currencies when their price increases. They think that the price will continue to rise and earn a lot quickly. And as the price begins to fall they panic. Not to lose too much, they sell even at a lower price than they bought.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:42:57 AM

Thanks guys!

That could be the lesson you should learn. Remember that before you invest, you should study and research first to avoid circumstances like this where you sell at low price and you buy at high price. I hope you learn from that mistakes and try to improve the next time you invest.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
centr

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:46:31 AM

Thanks guys!

To my opinion, such people like that have a FOMO)) Wink but it's not a problem, as for me.
the first that should keep in mind every traders, as for me,  - just waiting and fixed wishing profit on time)
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:48:04 AM

because they are panicked, they worry that their prices will go down and they will not lose more. they can not wait to hold him any longer.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:08:56 PM

Thanks guys!

When the price goes up, everyone will think that prices are still going up again and also when the prices come down very sharply, many people think that prices will continue to fall. I think, It would be very wise if we weren't hooked with a very sharp price movements and do not do panic sell.
If we do trade on bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, it would be better if we have ability to analyze market with technical analysis

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:17:54 PM

Thanks guys!
Because you failed to determine what are the lows and highs or either you got FOMO. You should educate yourself more so you will not fall victim by this.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:26:59 PM

This is applicable to the less courageous Traders that are panicking anytime they feel the coin they bought high are drastically declining in prices. They would not be patient enough to still hold and watch the trend of the Market if there shall be increase in future. In some cases, their research is not so strong as to predict the value of any coin in the Market. So, when this issue now came up, they tend to sell at that lower prices, for fear of not totally loosing out if per adventure the coin involved totally crashed out.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:27:22 PM

I think people who sell in low price and buy high price is does people didn't still have ENOUGH knowledge  yet. Maybe if someone will talk to there or mentor they will think that there strategy is wrong
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:41:08 PM

Thanks guys!
it's because you are easily panicked and impatient just because you see the price of coins are getting down. should you already know the risk of investing in bitcoin, because as we know that bitcoin prices always fluctuate. of course we must be ready to take those risks before investing.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

When I was new in trading I feel the same way because every time I see that my coins drop I feel I'm losing and losing so end up to panic selling then I lose some part of my money then I realize patience is the key and proper knowledge, now I always research and study on the coin or token I'm going to trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: