Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you encourage friends and family to invest in crypto?  (Read 1822 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:35:19 PM

I'm someone who loves to share.  When I discovered blockchain technology a while ago, I wanted to tell everyone.  I didn't stop with my friends and family.  I told colleagues at work, my doctor, and just about anyone who would listen.  Some who got in early made money and were very happy.  But others waited until after seeing the massive bull run to invest, and bought at the top.  Now I keep my mouth shut because I can't control how people invest.  Even though blockchain will change the world, there are still good and bad investments.  How about you?  Do you encourage others to invest in crypto?
This is exactly the reason you do not advice anyone to invest into anything,all you can do is introduce them to the new platform and let them decide whether to invest in it or not,there are people who would like to wait till the price goes above the intended valuation and then invest in it for a quick profit but it will end up in a disaster and the negative things you are going to hear is ridiculous,so i rather stay away from encouraging someone to invest rather than introducing them and let them decide what they do with it. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
putri,biuty

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:42:48 PM

Well we can't stop them if they are really eager but like I said, since they are new to these things, they need to understand how volatile crypto is and what are the risks associated once they invested. Im asking also some questions like, "why they choose to invest" "did they just saw others getting decent profit out from crypto trading that's why they want to do the same" "are they willing to accept that they might lose the moment they wake up" etc.
I will not risk hiding.Suggesting investments to others is a very bad idea, especially when it is something very risky and unstable like crypto currency. They may claim to be okay with losing their investment in the worst-case scenario, but people will be very concerned if it is wrong and will bitterness and anger against you.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:35:36 PM

I'm someone who loves to share.  When I discovered blockchain technology a while ago, I wanted to tell everyone.  I didn't stop with my friends and family.  I told colleagues at work, my doctor, and just about anyone who would listen.  Some who got in early made money and were very happy.  But others waited until after seeing the massive bull run to invest, and bought at the top.  Now I keep my mouth shut because I can't control how people invest.  Even though blockchain will change the world, there are still good and bad investments.  How about you?  Do you encourage others to invest in crypto?

I only encourage people to invest for those who are interested. I'm not forcing anyone to make invest in bitcoin so i will not be the one who will be blamed if something happen to their money in crypto. The 2 family member, my cousin and uncle are already on board in crypto, making their own money in crypto

heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

No, i did not encourage my friends nor family to invest in crypto, because I know that there are still free sites to have those cryptos.
sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:44:21 AM

Yes, i do. In the month of may there is supposed to be alot of institutional money coming in. i think we might be down for couple of weeks then when april gets here its going to start going up. and may its going to start getting good .i think by the end of the year there will be 2 trillion to 5 trillion market cap. There is institutional money coming in this year Circle is Goldman Sachs firm and they just bought out Poloniex for 400 million and i think the reason they bought out Poloniex is cause alot of institutional money is coming this year.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:23:29 AM

Yes, i do. In the month of may there is supposed to be alot of institutional money coming in. i think we might be down for couple of weeks then when april gets here its going to start going up. and may its going to start getting good .i think by the end of the year there will be 2 trillion to 5 trillion market cap. There is institutional money coming in this year Circle is Goldman Sachs firm and they just bought out Poloniex for 400 million and i think the reason they bought out Poloniex is cause alot of institutional money is coming this year.
Yes i agree on that i also encourage everyone to invest on bitcoin specially to my close friend and family. I really do that because I experience gaining a huge amount of profit in crypto and I really have the courage to extend my learning to everyone as sharing bitcoin blessing to all.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:27:05 PM

Tried that once didn't go well as the price dropped right after they bought. Relationship between us became sore for some time as he was blaming me for him losing money. So I would recommend not going down that path.
That is why it is never good to compel people into making decisions and it is always good to let them understand the volatility risk involved and then allow them to make their decisions themselves after that. As enthusiastic as some of us may be, we would always like to encourage friends and families, but I only tell them so as not to get blamed on my conscience for not doing so when the future gets bright, but I leave them to make that decision themselves.

I have never imagined myself trying to force anyone to do anything as I always believe we are all adults as long as we have the funds to invest and any adult should be capable to make their own decisions and my own is to let them understand what they may be missing, the risk involved, and every other side to it and how I have been doing so far, and if that is not good for them to think on their own and decide what to do, then I am happy having the benefit alone, and at least I tried.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:33:07 PM

Yes, me too, I like to share everything about cryptocurrency to my friends and relatives. I regularly post articles on social media like facebook, twitter because I feel people should know about them because cryptocurrency is the technology currency, there are many potential. However, I just introduced, with the investment I think that perhaps should let them choose and decide according to each person's preferences
Victorias

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

The market of crypto-currencies contains a lot of risks, albeit profitable. Of course, I talk about crypto-currencies to friends and family, but everyone should make a decision about participating himself.

VPoro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:22:04 PM

yes, I sometimes suggest my friends invest in BTC or altcoin but they dont do that. they do not believe in cryptocurrency because they dont understand about blockchain technology. So now i do not encourage anyone.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:46:03 PM

This page already has 9 pages and most of them are garbage. But that won't stop me from contributing :
My family is skeptical on such investments but I did one thing that mesmerized them. I started with almost nothing and now I showed them that my beliefs proved me right. I went the right direction, I was able to do a lot of things which I can't tell but things did change for better. My family trusts me enough to handle all their investments and so far it has been well and good. I don't want to continue on this topic any further.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:33:35 PM

Since when I joined the crypto my family life has been better. Many relatives and friends asked me how, and I said I joined the crypto. they laughed at me. In my country, the government does not support the crypto, every day there is always bad news about crypto in newspapers and tv, so people in my country always think crypto is a scam. They do not know that crypto brings good life to so many people in the world, many countries around the world have accepted and seen bitcoin as a kind of property, people in my country totally without knowledge about crypto, so I do not encourage anyone to invest in crypto.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:14:30 AM

I will put it this way, I'm trying to promote cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin but I don't encourage others to invest. Think that it's too risky to play with other people's money. Besides there are also other ways to get the crypto and to use it.
So far I have learned that there is no use of forcing people to something but you can help them with honest and quality information.
Trying to play safe so that no one will come give you the crap tomorrow on how you were the ones who lured them into being a part of the cryptocurrency world. I understand how a lot of people feel about things like this anyway and the funniest part is that most of the people around me have always been the ones to come to me to tell them all about cryptocurrency and how they can be a part. I take my time to guide them, and I leave the rest to them.
Ferki

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:22:34 AM

I encourage some of my closest friends,but not only to invest but also to get informed.There are not so many people who get knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrency.2 of them going to start with some kind of bountys first and want to learn about whole stuff during this job.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:24:15 AM

As a member of crypto now,many things changes in my life,also financially it makes our life more convinient and comfortable.Sometimes my friends and co.workers ask me how to do it and and I tell them to invest but they need to learn more and know the attitude of being patient when it goes dumps.I did not push them to join immediately but instead study it first before entering in cryptocurrency.
heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:03:40 PM

I never encourage them to invest in crypto, but I always explain the kindness that crypto gives to people who invest, so they have a desire to invest without coercion from me, and until now my brother is interested in crypto and he invests in crypto.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:30:25 PM

I encourage some of my closest friends,but not only to invest but also to get informed.There are not so many people who get knowledge about blockchain and cryptocurrency.2 of them going to start with some kind of bountys first and want to learn about whole stuff during this job.

The best way to help our friends and relatives to invest in cryptocurrency is to give them the right information about cryptocurrency. Sharing the information you know about investing is worth it than to share what you have earn. Let’s encourage more, and help them make good money here.
JayarC

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:48:48 PM

I want to let them know what is crypto and not force them to invest on it but if crypto go sky rocketing they will of course regret not accepting my proposal of a big oppotunity i gave them.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:58:15 PM

Honestly, I will not encourage someone or anyone to be interested in cryptos if the only reason is to earn because it could actually lead to abuse and greediness. I would encourage them to use this as for transactions purposes mainly, like for OFW relatives.
Sometimes when prices go coaster, it gets me a bit excited and sometimes I just wanted to tell it to a friend but not to brag of course. Promoting such technology is a privilege to me because I know it has a great potential and would be very helpful.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

Yes! I encourage some of my classmates and friends many times before but they suddenly refused after telling them that they should learn first the stuffs about cryptocurrency.

It's like that they are eager at first after I introduced the benefits they could get into it, they are impressed in this breakthrough technology and now motivated knowing the fact that they could be able to earn money: but after I tell them that they should first study at least the basics of crypto they suddenly change their mind and made so many alibis like "I'm busy", "I think that's too complicated for me" etc. That's what I hate the most, I'm trying to help them but they are not even trying to help themselves (like spoonfeeding). It also seems they reject its true essence because they got blinded by money so easily.

Nevertheless, I'm still blessed because I at least able to encourage two to three persons to not only treat bitcoin as purely money but also a great tool for daily living.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████