Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unobtanium: Current Release 0.9.5  (Read 148768 times)
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

I'm pleased to bring you the return of this thread. OP has been updated, thanks for flying Un.

great stuff!

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tuner

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:09:09 AM

does anyone know why was it locked?  Roll Eyes

I'm pleased to bring you the return of this thread. OP has been updated, thanks for flying Un.
vector.iso

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

you're going to need to give us more than that.  we thought you abandoned Unobtanium.  
Why did you leave?  Why are you back?  what are your plans?  will you be developing for UNO?
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:06:57 PM

I have the same information that the rest of the readers here have, but right now is not the time for this.  I have been adamant about this question, myself, and still have no additional info., except that Fallingknife has indicated that it was discussed.  (...And I'm not particularly trusting nor necessarily gullible.)

Regardless, please, put this question aside for now.  JIMHO.

"Timing is everything~!"  Wink

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

takeower

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:25:54 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/2h7mm3o.jpg

this pool is   locked..pay out .. Angry  www2.coinmine.pl/
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:54:26 PM

Is it not simply that you aren't at the minimum?  Mind you 10 Uno is a lot.
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

Set up your auto-payout threshold instead...
Blazr2 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:36:07 AM

you're going to need to give us more than that.  we thought you abandoned Unobtanium.  
Why did you leave?  Why are you back?  what are your plans?  will you be developing for UNO?

Abandoned/transferred is subjective. There is much to the Un saga that you may not be privy to and why we chose to transfer management and/or return to assist with it again is of no consequence. Un stands on its own with or without Blazr2 or any of the other 'devs' who may have a hand in updating and maintaining it. Un has suffered no ill effects and has been updated regularly enough even in our absence.

Current plans for Un: none earth shattering. Updates/maintenance of the clients will continue. Shilling to increase value is not up to the software maintainers--there is plenty of community support for that. We have returned to assist now that the community has been unable to find a new maintainer of the code--not so that you can count on making more money, that's up to you.
myk3916

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:04:19 AM

no peers? no network traffic? offline?

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
tuner

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:37:43 AM

there are some issues with the new windows wallet(not finding nodes), but i'm sure it will be fixed soon Smiley
no peers? no network traffic? offline?
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:26:56 AM

Set up your auto-payout threshold instead...

Hi - I was not aware of this limit Smiley - corrected now

kyma

Activity: 479

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

QT on the website is outdated.

Great to see some action here Smiley

EDIT: I actually cant get the newer mac version to work. It comes in a zip full of files rather than just a .app file. When executed it suggests that it does not work on this version of OSX.
....now I remember this is why you lost me as an investor a few months back :-/ any suggestions to get this updated QT working on a mac?

walkdev

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

EDIT: I actually cant get the newer mac version to work. It comes in a zip full of files rather than just a .app file. When executed it suggests that it does not work on this version of OSX.
....now I remember this is why you lost me as an investor a few months back :-/ any suggestions to get this updated QT working on a mac?

I had the same problem - it's not working as yet, but I've got v0.9.2.9 working quite happily...
vector.iso

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

the "new" version of Unobtanium-qt for OSX does not work.  Mac users are all still on the old version
Philogus

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

Bryce Weiner...welcome to the UNO community! Smiley
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:00:54 PM

So glad to see this thread re-opened.

I'm especially excited that Blazr2 is returning to help UNO!   Great to have you back, Blazr!

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:07:14 AM

Oh man, come on. You mean i have to go out and promote this shit on my own? Why didn't the dev just premine so he had an interest in doing that for me?!

I joke. It is nice to see the original creator back at play in a sense. Skeptical as to why one would come back and claim ownership all over again but meh, the coin has been steady since it's release.

What is there to promote though? There are no services or uses for the coin yet. That is what makes it sort of hard. Usually you promote by getting people to use the coin. Promotion for this coin: "go out and buy uno from people who don't want to sell it"

The most "exciting" time uno has seen is when it was being used as a tool of manipulation. The coins concept was and is interesting, but the coin really exists only to exist. As was stated from the start.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
voluntarist500

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:11:22 AM

Oh man, come on. You mean i have to go out and promote this shit on my own? Why didn't the dev just premine so he had an interest in doing that for me?!

I joke. It is nice to see the original creator back at play in a sense. Skeptical as to why one would come back and claim ownership all over again but meh, the coin has been steady since it's release.

What is there to promote though? There are no services or uses for the coin yet. That is what makes it sort of hard. Usually you promote by getting people to use the coin. Promotion for this coin: "go out and buy uno from people who don't want to sell it"

The most "exciting" time uno has seen is when it was being used as a tool of manipulation. The coins concept was and is interesting, but the coin really exists only to exist. As was stated from the start.

lol. what a comment.

check new promo-video here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=408962462575549&set=vb.402101039928358&type=2&theater

more to come.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:49:01 AM

LMFAO, seriously, that video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rLof2cnzg Oh my god it is so tacky and 80's health class feeling. Really guys, thanks, the time and effort of actually doing something is appreciated. "Real store of wealth"; Not enough of a store of wealth to actually hire someone to produce something a little better. NEVER FORKED! ZOMG! I don't even think people care so much about forking any more. There have been quite a few coins that fork and still have people dabbling in them. What ever other pointless points the video makes.

Here is a video for Continuum coin, the coin is blech, but i think the video is a little nicer to look at. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WoE87l7B2MI

Uno deserves something of epic proportions, after all it is FUCKING UNOBTANIUM, you can't just get this shit anywhere, i would venture to say it is rather hard to obtain. I am no scientist though!

It is the same selling points as on the website, buy uno and other people are going to want them just because they can't have them. That is true. Some will want it simply because they cannot have it. Is that enough?

I mined this coin when it was first released and bought up my fair share of them. I have been sitting on it, because with the rarity of it, it should be worth more. But if no one wants it, it doesn't matter how rare it is. The recent news on the other thread about uno, would be nice if they some how merged both threads, might give it some attention but i just don't know.

If ya go back and read Blazr2's comments about the coin when it first came out. The guy certainly seems to have quite the personality.

What i envisioned was some guy flipping off everyone with both hands being all "bah, i made the coin for you, have no stake in it, if you wanna do something with it, here it is."

I had a flash back when i read:

Current plans for Un: none earth shattering. Updates/maintenance of the clients will continue. Shilling to increase value is not up to the software maintainers--there is plenty of community support for that. We have returned to assist now that the community has been unable to find a new maintainer of the code--not so that you can count on making more money, that's up to you.

Which is the same from the start, here is this thing i made, what can you guys do with it? Nothing wrong with that, just nothing much has really been done either.

I am really wondering what can be done to garner more interest in this coin? I am pretty clueless, with the amount of coins out there, what type of things can uno do to set it's self up for becoming the platinum standard of the crypto world?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:08:35 AM

Just coming here to offer my condolences. RIP UNO. With Bryce at the helm the coin has no future after an expected small pump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: