Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:15:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:02:32 AM

Still a partner but the barrage of emails got to them.
https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.msg3978#msg3978

Luckily for Alpha their phone line is broken currently so they can work in peace. Smiley

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=481.0

Second good news is that there is high chance, that chips adjusted themselves a bit, suspecting how hot there would be in a small case, and agreed unanimously to consume less energy without further resistance. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:18:45 AM

Have Dexcel Designs deleted the Alpha Technology 'partnership' story from their news section? Or it was moved somewhere else? Older and newer news are still there.

http://dexceldesigns.com/news_events.html

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.0

Still a partner but the barrage of emails got to them.
https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=631.msg3978#msg3978

What an absolutely lame excuse. Blaming YOU, The Crypto Community. Apparently everyone that contacted Dexcel was an angry, abusive, racist. Otherwise I'm sure they would have just added a short update to their News page and stopped all the emails and calls in their tracks. But the racists would have won I guess.

No updates about tapeout, case design, Fab, certification etc. But the CEO takes time from his busy day to blame you for Dexcel pissing off. What a joke outfit these guys are.

Dexcel could have issued a press release or a joint statement asking for restraint or saying their part of the process was concluded, but no, they remove all trace of Alpha from their site and ask Alpha to remove Dexcel from theirs. This really doesn't pass the smell test.

The more likely story is Alpha cannot pay its bills and Dexcel have terminated their relationship. But as ever there is some serious wishful thinking from the Alpha evangelists. Still dodging the massive elephant in the room that July delivery is almost certainly impossible.
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:42:44 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 12:52:53 PM by retro72

It's interesting to note. Most of the dyed in the wool Alpha evangelists have left the public forums and retreated to the safety of the Alpha forums. They only stick their heads out to defend the weakest Alpha criticisms. They seem to be in a completely different world over there, protected by Alpha's ban hammer.

One of them actually said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I hope more people cancel so there will be less Alpha customers eating into my profits". Really? If more people cancel, Alpha fold. This seems to have escaped him.

Another said "lol KNC are releasing batch 2 a month after batch 1. I feel sorry for KNC customers" As if KNC units only mine "KNC coin" and only KNC customer will be affected by this  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure if you have to be willfully ignorant to be an Alpha customer or being an Alpha customer makes you willfully ignorant.

There only seem to be a few Alpha customers (Searing is one) who aren't just holding hands, singing Kum Ba Yah and praying Alpha delivery as promised, despite the mounting evidence to the contrary.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:45:51 PM

It's interesting to note. Most of the dyed in the wool Alpha evangelists have left the public forums and retreated to the safety of the Alpha forums. They only stick their heads out to defend the weakest Alpha criticisms. They seem to be in a completely different world over there, protected by Alpha's ban hammer.

One of them actually said, (I'm paraphrasing here) "I hope more people cancel so there will be less Alpha customers eating into my profits". Really? If more people cancel, Alpha fold. This seems to have escaped him.

Another said "lol KNC are releasing batch 2 a month after batch 1. I feel sorry for KNC customers" As if KNC units only mine "KNC coin" and only KNC customer will be affected by this  Roll Eyes

I'm not sure if you have to be willfully ignorant to be an Alpha customer or being an Alpha customer makes you willfully ignorant.

There only seem to be a few Alpha customers (Searing is one) who aren't just holding hands, singing Kum Ba Yah and praying Alpha delivery as promised, despite the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Actually this is more my speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

if the dressing up as a girlie girl would help I'd post a pic to alpha

anyway...as stated before I'm only in it with a vyper 50mh down 667 usd ..if i got a refund now according to their terms after penalty
I'd get like 217 bucks back

IF they do get a credit card method going here in a week or so ..I MAY pay them the other 1670 bucks or so usd....BECAUSE I have 60 days under Amex to get a refund on that last 70% payment...

if they don't follow thru I lose the 217 bucks I COULDA GOT and lose 667 usd but get the 1670 back via 'non-delivery' within the stated timeline (ie amex may require web pages/other info to prove ..chat room stuff ..any will do just to show that they said July 2014..no biggie likely amex would just refund on my word it did not arrive and I want my refund..according to the amex lady..it an't there yet you can refund.

So if alpha comes thru we are golden!

If alpha does not go thru I'm out 217 bucks I coulda got back now, but with 450 of it gone either way ..what diff does it make

Hope it all works out..if not well ..then I'm screwed out of 450 bucks at this point anyway another 217 an't gonna hurt all that much
more

but man they an't getting squat if they don't get credit card ordering up as they state..I'll walk....

last point to be fair here I have a Titan on order 300mh ..they have already said that it will likely be Aug for my batch 1 order and 350mh
so to me all this is kinda/sorta moot...I should/could walk now and may not get ROI out of my Vyper 50mh if alpha does come thru..

but I gave my word I will live up to it..if they offer cc and ship it in July...but truthfully if Titans start pop'ing out at 350mh 1st part of august as seems possilbe at 2500 in 2 weeks like the last time knc moved 28mm stuff...well ....the alpha toy will be a novelty (at 375 watts could do something with it i guess)

so up to alpha they ship July i have some cc protection that they don't intentionally or thru bad luck have a couple months of BFL drama...in a NO shipping kinda delay..and all is good

good intentions aside.....a lot of stuff has to work right for them in the next month or so imho..they are legit I understood the risks on the 30% down..but with them initially taking payal ..taking credit cards with the same protections on the last 70% of my order is not unreasonable in that they no longer take paypal imho

still think they will ship (just not sure about july sorry to say)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:51:54 PM

Hey Searing, could you clarify the Amex protection?

I'm not sure how it works in the states but in the UK, not all CC companies are jointly liable when using chargeback, its not the same as section 75 of the consumer credit act where they are.

What this means is you have to recover the money from the company, through their bank.. The CC company is not legally required to pay it back themselves. This means if Alpha dispute your claim, ie they say their terms and conditions state delivery in Q2/ Q3 not specifically July, or they go bankrupt and the money is not recoverable. You may not receive a penny.

You should also note that Alpha are claiming they only sell to businesses and you are not a consumer it their eyes, so you should ask Amex to clarify its position on chargebacks for business purchases.

Any UK customers need to keep this in mind when paying with a credit card. You also need to know, going through a third party processor ie paypal or payza negates section 75 protection and possibly chargeback protection so check with your CC company.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

Has AT covered the CE certification issue anywhere on their forum?

If not, I would absolutely call them a scam or a failure, and they're already skirting the legal issue arena as it is with changing their terms.

stokecrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:52:29 PM

this thread gets more epic every day
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

Agreed that they really need to provide a bit more proof of tech before collecting balances. I'm leaning towards not paying mine and seeing what happens.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:55:59 PM

Agreed that they really need to provide a bit more proof of tech before collecting balances. I'm leaning towards not paying mine and seeing what happens.

Shoot, just ask them to explain the CE issue. That's even better than asking for tech proof.

They said they would include PSU's, which they can't legally do without CE certification, which they can't acquire without providing several "off the production line" units for testing, which takes 2-12 weeks in the EU.

So they either can't provide PSU's, and will have to change design/terms once more, OR they will ship the units ilegally which will get most of them pulled by customs, OR they know the deadline is impossible and aren't talking about it.

Considering their silence on the CE matter ......

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:56:20 PM

Anyone know of a good class action attorney that has helped out in the crypto world?

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:16:08 PM

I find the fact that Alpha are not making any effort to reassure people in recent days that everything is on track is highly worrying.

If they are confident why not relay this to buyers who are deciding whether or not to make their final payment?

If they are not confident, then they are just making things worse by not disclosing the fact.
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:29:32 PM

I haven't seen anything about certification over on the Alpha forums. The general feeling over there, apart from a few "bad apples" seems to be ignorant bliss. Anyone who dares to question Alpha gets tarred and feathered.

The word of Alpha seems to be gospel over there, so because they said they would deliver in July and continue to say they will deliver in July. They must be delivering in July. Despite no evidence to support this.

They seem to be living in a parallel universe where mining asic companies haven't failed to deliver or outright lied in the past.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:34:19 PM

I find the fact that Alpha are not making any effort to reassure people in recent days that everything is on track is highly worrying.

If they are confident why not relay this to buyers who are deciding whether or not to make their final payment?

If they are not confident, then they are just making things worse by not disclosing the fact.

Why would they disclose that Drexel will not give them any chips if they don't remit the rest of the payment for the development.

This is why successful ASIC development companies either self fund or offer full payment preorders with NO refund.  Alpha screwed themselves because they took only 30% down AND offered refunds.  That means that customers could opt out.  It was great at first when they were the only fly by night operation in scrypt asics but now a whole batch of them appeared with better numbers and now people are walking away from their orders.  That is not what AT expected.  They thought we will pay for development by milestones.  So they only took enough to secure development at Drexel.  Probably just 25 to 30%.  They figured a fat profit margin on units so 30% down was way more than was needed to fun the first and maybe even second milestone.  But now they are up shits creek because to complete the order and get delivery of chips they need to remit the rest of the funds.  That is why AT announced they have not received chips but require everyone to pay the remaining 70%.

Sure they have all the cases, sure they probably have PSUs and are ready to start assembly and shipping but without chips those boxes are worthless.  Because it only takes a few people to not fund their remaining 70%  nobody is going to get hardware.  

AT will probably try to hook some customers who walked away by adding some more hashing power to the vipers, or try to pad the deal with a discount on the remaining 70% but if only a few people walk away everyone loses.  Better get a lawyer before the accounts start playing the shell games with the AT money.  After all that is the only thing they are good at... moving money around.
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:39:45 PM

^^ this

Welcome back mate  Grin
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:42:24 PM

Why would they disclose that Drexel will not give them any chips if they don't remit the rest of the payment for the development.

This is why successful ASIC development companies either self fund or offer full payment preorders with NO refund.  Alpha screwed themselves because they took only 30% down AND offered refunds.  That means that customers could opt out.  It was great at first when they were the only fly by night operation in scrypt asics but now a whole batch of them appeared with better numbers and now people are walking away from their orders.  That is not what AT expected.  They thought we will pay for development by milestones.  So they only took enough to secure development at Drexel.  Probably just 25 to 30%.  They figured a fat profit margin on units so 30% down was way more than was needed to fun the first and maybe even second milestone.  But now they are up shits creek because to complete the order and get delivery of chips they need to remit the rest of the funds.  That is why AT announced they have not received chips but require everyone to pay the remaining 70%.

Sure they have all the cases, sure they probably have PSUs and are ready to start assembly and shipping but without chips those boxes are worthless.  Because it only takes a few people to not fund their remaining 70%  nobody is going to get hardware.  

AT will probably try to hook some customers who walked away by adding some more hashing power to the vipers, or try to pad the deal with a discount on the remaining 70% but if only a few people walk away everyone loses.  Better get a lawyer before the accounts start playing the shell games with the AT money.  After all that is the only thing they are good at... moving money around.

Starting to sound a bit like the Terrahash fiasco. In that they may have purchased many of the components but cannot get their hands on chips. This will mean at some point they will not be able to continue providing refunds as they may simply run out of money. Not good...
barruka

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

The problem here is that ALPHA-T is hidding us REAL INFO.

I'm sure that if they told us REAL INFO many people do not run away... but now... I think they are late.

I've sent them cancel email today... my faith level is less than 0 now
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:13:16 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 09:26:37 PM by retro72

Hahhaaaaaa!! I just got banned from the Alpha  Forum for daring to argue with Fiaz.

What a wanker that guy is. He loves to swing his dick around the Alpha forums wielding the ban hammer. But scurries around here like a timid mouse dropping bullshit wherever he goes.

Knowing I was probably going to get booted I copied the thread. Here's the conversation that got me banned. So you all can see what a spineless twat this guy is.

Me:
Can someone point me to the racist statements this guy made to Dexcel.

It seems to me this could have been avoided if Dexcel and Alpha had just issued a statement regarding  their ongoing partnership. Pulling out altogether seems rather drastic if the partnership was going well.

As of now we only have Alpha's word as to why their relationship with Dexcel has  ended so abruptly.

Fiaz:
Our relationship hasn't ended abruptly?  We removed mention of their name as they are displeased with being contacted so often when they don't deal with customers. And we are going a different route for batch 2 for various reasons but more on that at a later date.

Me:
People still know Dexcel are supposed to be involved so I'm not sure what good abruptly removing their name does, apart from starting a FUDstorm.

A simple statement would have probably been a wiser choice.  At this point we only have your version of events to go on and nothing from Dexcel.

Fiaz:
I am sorry but you are not entitled to anything from Dexcel, doubly so considering you're not a customer.

Me:
Ok Fiaz.  Stonewall that's fine. Let the FUD build up as it has been doing the past couple of weeks. Fine by me, as you point out I'm not a customer Smiley
It's good to see you have time to argue with me in this thread but seem to be avoiding like the plague the thread where your CUSTOMERS are asking where your chips are. Funny that.

Seconds later........ BANNED lmfao.

In the thread where people were asking about the chips I posted  what I posted here regarding tapeout. I guess he didn't want people seeing that either.

You should think long and hard about giving your money to this juvenile bunch of kids.

wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:30:41 PM

Hahhaaaaaa!! I just got banned from the Alpha  Forum for daring to argue with Fiaz.

What a wanker that guy is. He loves to swing his dick around the Alpha forums wielding the ban hammer. But scurries around here like a timid mouse dropping bullshit wherever he goes.

Knowing I was probably going to get booted I copied the thread. Here's the conversation that got me banned. So you all can see what a spineless twat this guy is.

Me:
Can someone point me to the racist statements this guy made to Dexcel.

It seems to me this could have been avoided if Dexcel and Alpha had just issued a statement regarding  their ongoing partnership. Pulling out altogether seems rather drastic if the partnership was going well.

As of now we only have Alpha's word as to why their relationship with Dexcel has  ended so abruptly.

Fiaz:
Our relationship hasn't ended abruptly?  We removed mention of their name as they are displeased with being contacted so often when they don't deal with customers. And we are going a different route for batch 2 for various reasons but more on that at a later date.

Me:
People still know Dexcel are supposed to be involved so I'm not sure what good abruptly removing their name does, apart from starting a FUDstorm.

A simple statement would have probably been a wiser choice.  At this point we only have your version of events to go on and nothing from Dexcel.

Fiaz:
I am sorry but you are not entitled to anything from Dexcel, doubly so considering you're not a customer.

Me:
Ok Fiaz.  Stonewall that's fine. Let the FUD build up as it has been doing the past couple of weeks. Fine by me, as you point out I'm not a customer Smiley
It's good to see you have time to argue with me in this thread but seem to be avoiding like the plague the thread where your CUSTOMERS are asking where your chips are. Funny that.

Seconds later........ BANNED lmfao.

You should think long and hard about giving your money to this juvenile bunch of kids.

I got banned for just asking confirmation of tapeout, relatively tame in comparison.

They (alpha) revel in lording about banning people in there own forums. If only they'd spend as much time addressing the concerns of their own customers as they do trying to "whac-a-mole" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0n8N98mpes) for those who'd dare question their integrity!

Run forest, run!!!
retro72

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

They (alpha) revel in lording about banning people in there own forums. If only they'd spend as much time addressing the concerns of their own customers as they do trying to "whac-a-mole" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0n8N98mpes) for those who'd dare question their integrity!

Run forest, run!!!
My thoughts exactly. Ah well nothing a router reset won't fix  Grin
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:30:48 AM

The racist card is out and blaming the community thats unacceptable for there failure to deliver adequate updates and information on tapeout !

Why wouldn't Dexcel Design just do an update in there news section ?

Come on people think before you send anymore money the easiest excuse in the world to say people are been racist to avoid questions sadly only too common here in the UK now !

Im watching from the sidelines with interest as i decided not to invest in Alpha after my own research !

I genuinely hope I'm wrong and they deliver but sadly don't think it will happen !
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: