Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:19:20 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 05:32:58 PM by bumface

edgar: this thread is not the time and the place....

and you cant go around accusing people of being thieves and liars, i dont work for btc-e im simply a chat mod.i never stole a cent from anybody there,and i haven`t lied

and i actually cant afford to loose it,that money is all i got.That money was from the UTC IPO, and those asics have to fund developements, and my company.it was a long term desicion.However IF i loose it, i did not endanger my rent,food or family matters such as christmas

when your logic fails you resort to name calling and that is a shame.This is not how gentlemen talk.

so again,wishing that i loose my money shows very little character and a disproportional anger for a chat ban that transpired 9 months ago,a ban that you deserved because you broke the rules stated under terms (rules that i did not make).

But if you want to live your life hating the big and mean world, thats your choice....

Life is alot nicer when you dont think of people as your enemys,you also need to know that your words are hurtfull,and that im a human being just like you.Imagine getting horrible PM`s like you used to send frequently.people who are incapable of admitting they broke the rules so they decide to lash out in a personal way.The lowest form of communication is personal attack.

and i remind you again that this is a thread about alpha technology, not a platform for your misguided frustration.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:33:22 PM

So Fiaz posted some BS reason why he deleted all his posts from here and litecointalk. This is a guy who's job as "customer manager" is customer communication and community relations right?  Roll Eyes

Quote from: Fiaz
I deleted them because I have no interest in having my own account on those forums, we already have an 'Alpha Technology' account should I ever feel the need to use it and my posts on there were old anyway.

The photos were removed a good while ago not recently, this was a technical decision as we are updating the website and changing its layout and at the moment they don't look very good. They will be up again, if we had something to hide they wouldn't have been up in the first place.

A lot of effort to go to deleting all those posts if he just doesn't have any interest in the forums, why not just stop posting? Oh right because the posts were "old anyway". The photos being removed as a "technical decision" is pretty hilarious. I guess they were placing a pretty heavy load on their web server having them there. LOL. Cheesy

Ref: https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=709.msg4487#msg4487
His posts were old?

Project Development / Re: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
*account deleted*

11 days ago was his last post on litecointalk, about the same time on here. They have had an Alpha forum for months, why didn't he remove his accounts then?
Also, have you noticed he just removed his picture from his Alpha forum profile? It's probably just a coincidence but the timing sucks.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

The analyst in me has to wonder, why remove the photos?

The opinions and expressions, I can understand if I really stretch my viewpoints. But the photos? That's a particularly interesting thing to remove. Speculation can run wild, no doubt. And it takes, what, moments to update a page? You wouldn't remove something for days on end if you plan to revamp it, you'd create a new version, and just switch.

To remove the photos and simply not put anything else up...

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:57:50 PM

Anyone notice LTC is still going down? I wonder how this is going to affect Scrypt ASIC's?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
vesperwillow

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:05:54 PM

Anyone notice LTC is still going down? I wonder how this is going to affect Scrypt ASIC's?

The "great synthetic dive", to buy tons more before difficulty exponentially rises.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

The "great synthetic dive", to buy tons more before difficulty exponentially rises.

I really wondered about this. The chart (me being a TA guy, at least more in the past) is ugly though.
Not saying we don't go up though, but short term it does look like down for a bit more.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:31:56 AM

With the exception of that two week period in November of last year, has Litecoin ever gone up?
vesperwillow

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:00:53 AM

Spikes, but mostly trailed BTC proportionally.

On Alpha, they're over a week late for an update (as per Fiaz a week and a half ago promising a Monday update). It's also noteworthy it's July in the UK, and they were supposed to have a program in place before July for credit processing.

For a transparent company with no issues, they seem to have an issue with followup and followthrough.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:45:16 AM

Something is afoot at alpha tech. Fiaz deleting accounts on bitcointalk and litecointalk and editing alpha tech forum posts. No removing photos.

Assuming he has inside information that he has not reported to contenders yet I think that things are not going well inside the company and they are piling on the Sand bags preparing for the shirt storm when they have to announce that either they can't get a payment processor up and running, the foundry will not send them chips until they remit payment or both.

Imagine the backlash when that happens. So fiaz is going through all the old posts deleting all his "guarantees" and anything that he could be held liable for in a court of law. It's only July 1st, wait a week or two to see what a mess this thread will be.

Where are the chips fiaz!!! Post a photo with you and them in hand with today's newspaper!
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:03:09 AM

edgar: this thread is not the time and the place....

and you cant go around accusing people of being thieves and liars, i dont work for btc-e im simply a chat mod.i never stole a cent from anybody there,and i haven`t lied

and i actually cant afford to loose it,that money is all i got.That money was from the UTC IPO, and those asics have to fund developements, and my company.it was a long term desicion.However IF i loose it, i did not endanger my rent,food or family matters such as christmas

when your logic fails you resort to name calling and that is a shame.This is not how gentlemen talk.

so again,wishing that i loose my money shows very little character and a disproportional anger for a chat ban that transpired 9 months ago,a ban that you deserved because you broke the rules stated under terms (rules that i did not make).

But if you want to live your life hating the big and mean world, thats your choice....

Life is alot nicer when you dont think of people as your enemys,you also need to know that your words are hurtfull,and that im a human being just like you.Imagine getting horrible PM`s like you used to send frequently.people who are incapable of admitting they broke the rules so they decide to lash out in a personal way.The lowest form of communication is personal attack.

and i remind you again that this is a thread about alpha technology, not a platform for your misguided frustration.

'dont blame others'

'accept responsibility for your own actions'

'dont invest more than you can afford to lose'

dont be a hypocrite & a liar & dont twist facts into garbage to suit your ignorance.

my complaint was you banned me when i was asking for support, NOT when i RETALIATED to your little gang of internet thugs wrt a PREVIOUS NON RELATED issue (trolling & the allowance of mod 'friends' to troll/swear/abuse at will)

but i agree, not the time nor the place.

deep down i DO hope you get your money back (next january) but now you know how it feels to have your money & life fucked with by dishonesty & greed.

karmas a bitch aint it...

as for LTC, shes breaking my balls!!

kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:55:23 AM

bumface. lol.  Cheesy
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:23:05 AM

Buying something before it is invented is a high risk venture. The odds are that it will fail so why are people acting surprised?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:37:20 AM

Fiaz has now removed his photo from his Alpha Technologies forum user avatar...the slow but deliberate decline into anonymity continues.

Buying something before it is invented is a high risk venture. The odds are that it will fail so why are people acting surprised?

They're not, they're acting like they want their money back because they didn't get what they were promised, and that is wrong how?
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:44:39 AM

Thank you all for your replies, it's been very helpful.
Does anyone here have a copy of the previous T&Cs?
All I have is what was posted in this thread recently from google cache.
Hey Ana, I noticed they deleted your post on the Alpha forum asking for a copy of your T&Cs, I guess they really don't want people getting their hands on them. Luckily I have the original and every revision saved to my harddrive.

I saw from that post you have a 29th March order. These would have been the terms they had at the time. This is the first revision not the original so you have that nasty clause in it I'm afraid (under law and liability). I suggest you copy and paste this into a word doc and print it out, for what its worth.

Terms of Order

PRE-ORDER TERMS AND PROCESS

Introduction

We are Alpha Technology (Int) Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08483921. Our registered office address is 66 Dickenson Road, Manchester, M14 5HF. Our VAT number is 176115022.

We are an innovative technology firm based in the UK. We are currently working with Dexcel Designs to bring the first scrypt-based ASIC hardware to market.

There are currently two products in development: the Viper (Scrypt) Miner (targeting 5 Mh/s) and the Viper (Scrypt) Miner (targeting 25 Mh/s). You can find out more about these products on the relevant product page.

We are currently working hard to ensure that the products will be available for delivery as soon as possible, and hope to have them available for shipping in the second or third quarter of 2014. In the meantime we are offering the opportunity to pre-order the products on payment of a 30% deposit.

These terms and conditions form part of your pre-order for our products to the exclusion of all other terms required by you. Please read them carefully before placing your order.

Warranty

We offer a warranty on our products of six months following shipment. If the product fails during that period by reason of a defect in the design or manufacture, you can return it to us and we will repair or replace it at no cost to you.

We guarantee that on delivery and for at least the duration of the warranty period the products will comply with the specification set out on their product page, including (if used properly) achieving at least the specified hashrate (5 Mh/s or 25 Mh/s as appropriate).

After shipment we intend to roll out regular firmware and software updates which we shall make available to you at no charge during the warranty period.

Pricing

We charge the same price (and require the same deposit) regardless of where in the world you are ordering from. If you are based in the UK we are required to charge VAT, so that will be charged in addition (note that you do not pay any VAT at the time you pay your deposit; the whole of the VAT is payable at the time of the final payment).

Viper (Scrypt) Miner (5Mh/s): Price excluding VAT = £1,350, (deposit £405).

Viper (Scrypt) Miner (5Mh/s): Price including VAT = £1,620, (deposit £405).

Viper (Scrypt) Miner (25Mh/s): Price excluding VAT = £5,450, (deposit £1,635).

Viper (Scrypt) Miner (25Mh/s): Price including VAT = £6,540, (deposit £1,635).

There will also be a shipping charge which will be payable when you make the final payment. Shipping costs depend on where you would like the product shipped to. Details of shipping costs can be found here.

Customers based in the UK are not liable for any import duty or other taxes (other than VAT as set out above).

Customers based outside the UK should be aware that they will be responsible for paying any local import duty and taxes.

Payment

As you are pre-ordering, you only have to pay a 30% deposit at the time you place your order. We accept payment by Paypal, Bank Transfer or in Bitcoins via BitPay. For more details about the order process, see below.

The remaining balance will be required around 8-10 weeks prior to the shipment date. We will contact you and ask you to make payment, which you can pay using the same methods as are available for paying the deposit (you do not have to use the same method as you used to pay the deposit).

You will have 2 weeks to make the payment. If payment is not made within that period, we treat your order as cancelled, and the cancellation provisions set out below will apply. If you are outside of the permitted cancellation period at the point your order is cancelled for non-payment, we will refund 25% of the deposit, less the cancellation fee.

Cancellation & Refund Policy

You may cancel your order at any point within the five month period following the date on which we received payment of your deposit (provided that your product has not yet shipped). The amount of the deposit you will be refunded will depend on when we receive your cancellation:

Up to 1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

More than 1 month and up to 3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

More than 3 months and up to 5 months after receipt of payment : 50% of the deposit, less the cancellation fee, will be refunded.

On cancellation you will also be required to pay a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges. We will deduct the cancellation fee from the amount due to be refunded to you in accordance with the terms above before we process the refund.

Using our products

We have developed our products to be standalone with an easy to configure WebGui. However, they do require some basic technical skills to set up and operate, and you should not order unless you are comfortable with this type of technology.

As you are probably aware, the value of Scrypt based cryptocurrencies is subject to significant fluctuation and to difficulty changes, which are entirely outside our control. We do not give any guarantee as to the level of return you will receive from using our products, and you should not place an order unless you are confident that you understand the way Scrypt based cryptocurrencies work and the risks involved.

Updates

As we go through the engineering process we will keep our customers regularly updated on our progress via Live Updates. We suggest that you subscribe to all the updates including twitter/web/newsletter etc which may contain information related to shipping date, hashing performance etc. We may also arrange for an open door invitation for our customers to witness the development and meet the team at a later point in time.

Registration and Wishlist

We will open registration for customers before we open our pre-order books. During registration you can set up your shipping and billing address in preparation to launch. You will be able to register here: https://alpha-t.net/login-register/

We advise customers to add their desired item at the correct quantity.

Order process

You can view the status of your order anytime at My Account > View Order.

When you place your order, you will be given an order number. Please note that once you place the order you must then pay the deposit following the process set out below.

Paying by Paypal: Once you have placed your order, you will be redirected to Paypal to make payment. If at any point your session expires or you exit the webpage your order will remain “pending” – in this case go to the order page to re-commence the payment process. If your order gets cancelled, please create a new order.

Paying by bank transfer: Once the order is placed you will be sent an email with our bank details. Your account will be set on “on-hold” status. You will need to make full payment as advised in your proforma invoice (including any transfer charges) directly into our bank account. For international payments (IBAN & BIC), and for local payments using our Account Number and short code. Once we receive payment we will automatically notify you via email and your My Account > Order Status will be set to “processing”.

Paying by Bitcoin: You will be redirected to the BitPay processing site. You will then have a 15 minute session to pay via Bitcoins. Upon success your order status will change to ‘processing’ and you will receive an email confirmation. If at any point your session expires or page cancels, your order will remain “on-hold”: in this case just create a new order.

Once you pay the deposit will your order be added to the queue for shipping. You can tell whether your order has been added to the queue for shipping as your order status will change to “processing”.

Whichever method you choose to pay by, on receipt of your payment we will provide you with a pro-forma invoice.

Wholesale & Special Requests

Due to the high demand of our product and limited availability we unfortunately cannot retail the products on a wholesale basis or fulfil any special requests at this stage. We have made a significant amount of information regarding the products publicly available, which can be viewed on our website at alpha-t.net. We may offer wholesale and custom options at a later time.

Contact

If you would like to contact us for any reason, the best option is to email us.

If your email is about an existing order, please email [email protected] Emails will be checked on a regular basis during the pre-ordering phase, and you can expect a response within one working day. Please always include your order number in the subject line of any emails.

Any other questions can be emailed at [email protected], but before emailing us check out the information available on our website at www.alpha-t.net.

Alternatively you can phone our office on +44(0) 161 871 8643. Phone lines will be open between the hours of 12:00 and 17:00 local UK time.

Law and liability

The rights set out in this these terms and conditions represent the full extent of your rights in respect of the product and all warranties, representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations), conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are excluded from your pre-order to the maximum extent permitted by law. We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence. These limitations and exclusions of liability shall not apply to our liability: (a) for death or personal injury caused by negligence; (b) under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) due to any breach by us of the conditions and terms as to title or warranty as to quiet possession; or (d) for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.

Your pre-order is made under English law and under these terms to the exclusion of all other terms you may seek to impose.  You and we hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to the resolution of any dispute or difference under your pre-order but we may commence proceedings in any jurisdiction in order to enforce our rights under the pre-order and these terms.

Grin Ty vm!!

I've quickly saved it! I'll read with more attention at night when I'm back.
Still regarding English consumer's law, I'm not sure of the exact phrasing but I think you can request a refund up to 7 days of receiving your purchase, so I don't need for a breach in contract. The "pesky clause" is "illegal" I think, they can write whatever they want and it will count up to a point. But I have to confirm.

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:07:15 AM

yes, if you agree or agree by not disagreeing (i forget the actual term) they can use that against you legally.

'assumed consent' maybe?

kinda off-topic but this is why the TV licence vermin can only come up to your door until you tell them they cant - and then they legally can NOT.

you might be surprised how many people live in fear of the TV license people, unaware that a simple 'you are trespassing/not welcome' is enough to legally force them to comply.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

I am kind of at a loss as to what removing their online presence would do at this point.  Its not like the community does not know who/where they are and what was said previously.  There are a lot of excellent trolls and scam hawks roaming around the forum.  If it made its way onto the internet you have lost control of it....period.

Someone unleash PG!!!!

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:48:21 PM

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=708.25

Fiaz:
"Right so your concern is if we don't have the processor up before shipment. This is something that I cannot possibly give you our response to at this time, it is something we are considering as we really appreciate where you're coming from but we will cross this bridge when we get there and will make no decisions yet."

Alpha just went from "next week", "any day now", "any hour" to "maybe never" about the CC processor.
anderl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:00:22 PM

I am kind of at a loss as to what removing their online presence would do at this point.  Its not like the community does not know who/where they are and what was said previously.  There are a lot of excellent trolls and scam hawks roaming around the forum.  If it made its way onto the internet you have lost control of it....period.

Someone unleash PG!!!!

Because fix used a lot of outlets to spread the word he is cleaning them all up to reduce the chance of someone finding some nugget that will destroy their defense in court. It is a desperate move and even if it seams futile it might help in some ways. Lot at what the us irs is doing. Shading hard drives and not backing anything up.   Fiaz is hoping for a bungling court at this point.
vesperwillow

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:04:58 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 02:29:16 PM by vesperwillow

Totally contradicting himself too.. he promised it upon his own well being that they would have it by the end of June. Remember they guaranteed it by the end of June, without question?

Also, pay particular attention to their wording in their last update (Source), especially the highlighted:

"And we are sorry the payment processor keeps getting delayed we are doing everything we can to get it to you as fast as possible, rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen but some things are just outside of our control; as soon as it’s up we will email you. It could in fact be any day now but do note this is an issue separate to production and does not affect our schedule. We will be producing as many units as ordered without waiting for card customers to pay thus if you have not yet paid your order will still be manufactured regardless. Therefore our development isn’t delayed by this and if we end up with extra units they will first be offered to existing customers and if they still haven’t been taken up they will then be put up for sale to the public. "

Having read that, keep this in mind:

1. Most folks signed on because they offered credit processing (the bait)
2. They're going to make the same amount of machines regardless of who's paid (the distraction)
3. They have no method to take credit
4. If your account is unpaid, they will offer your machine to someone else (the switch)
5. Your deposit isn't refundable, ergo, they got a free loan

This isn't to say this was the plan from the beginning (could've been, but not necessarily), however, the way they're posturing themselves, they apparently almost seem to benefit from not having a credit processing method. In their minds, they don't have to issue refunds on unfulfilled orders (their T&C saying their faults do not constitute default). If you had planned to use a CC to pay this whole time, you'd be bum out of luck, and your order would go to someone else.

Consider for a moment how many chips they would have to have ordered to complete the project. The original systems were what, 5 and 20? The new systems are 50 and 250. Going on their estimate of 1.4mh per chip, batch 1 of 1,200 orders for each (I think that was right, correct me if wrong):

5mh @ 1.4mh/ch = 4 chips
20mh @ 1.4mh/ch = 15 chips

That's 19 chips total. 1,200 orders each = 22,800 chips. Most smart OEMs will order 25% extra for spares/issues/etc. So that's 28,500 chips. Now consider, according to their timeline, they began the foundry process without telling us, sometime in April. This is before they promised more and more hashpower for folks. So their order was placed and done.

How then, can they achieve these results with 28,500 chips:

50mh @ 1.4mh/ch = 36 chips (43,200 chips required)
250mh @ 1.4mh/ch = 179 chips (214,800 chips required)

215 chips at 1,200 orders = 258,000 chips. In other words, they're promising to deliver ten times the hashpower, despite locking in their order at 1/10th the capacity. UNLESS of course, they originally planned to order 1,000% more chips. Even the 10% gain in efficiency doesn't make up for it.

With even more chips than they likedly ordered, let's say 30,000, they still couldn't fulfill just the 50mh orders.

The only way to make any of this even close to working, is to prevent many people from getting their orders, and/or to raise more money to keep the foundry pumping out chips. There's also possibilities not covered here.

This is all speculative, but when you run the numbers--there's lots of math not adding up. A promise of tenfold increase in delivered product, after locking in their foundry order, with only a 10-20% increase in chip efficiency.

(edited to fix typo in numbers)

anderl

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:06:01 PM

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=708.25

Fiaz:
"Right so your concern is if we don't have the processor up before shipment. This is something that I cannot possibly give you our response to at this time, it is something we are considering as we really appreciate where you're coming from but we will cross this bridge when we get there and will make no decisions yet."

Alpha just went from "next week", "any day now", "any hour" to "maybe never" about the CC processor.

Lol. I thought they were supposed to be transparent. This is why I feel things have reached critical mass at alpha tech. They were posting every step in the design process. Then announce chips are ready to ship and they want money. Now all of a sudden it is silent with a few vague announcements and statement about nothing at this time. And it's been over a month. And then recently the company starts scaling back is Internet presence.

Hashfast did the same thing. I give it about 2 weeks before bankruptcy rumors and another 3 weeks before you see an official filling of bankruptcy.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: