Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:28:17 PM

Heh, Sarcasm is easily lost when there are so many shills.

"Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow."

So Fiaz outmaneuvered us again, I guess. We should focus on should instead of other parts of his post. What a smart desert fox cub.  Grin
There is a chance of course, that we have guessed his line yesterday already and he has simply nothing more to add.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

"We should release an update on shipping tomorrow … (but we aren't going to)"

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:58:44 PM

I'm actually flabbergasted there has been no update, Fiaz must be some kind of masochist.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:38:01 AM

Another timely announcement by Fiaz.

Quote from: Fiaz Malik on July 23, 2014, 06:41:00 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:08:07 AM

"Hey guys, sorry for the silence, it is quite a critical time where we want to be confident in anything we announce so as to avoid certain expectations as we have made mistakes in this in the past. I can tell you we should be releasing an update on shipping tomorrow."

Fiaz means avoiding "certain expectations" that they will deliver anytime soon ...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:21:49 AM

anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:41:24 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST
Taking advantage of our partners workforce and facilities we expect to start shipping 4-5 months after pre-orders are taken.

From the FAQ Page of the Website...
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:00:26 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Greetings Miners!

We are less than a day away from closing our pre order books, everything has been going smoothly and our engineering teams have already started to ramp up development! In Bangalore we initially had one team devoted to this project, we now have over 4 experienced teams working on various aspects of this project including ASIC design, Host Mining software porting on ARM controller, Mechanical design , certification aspects (CE/FCC) and WebGui in parallel, so we can fulfill our timeline and product promises. As of now we are targeting end of Q2 as our delivery date. A detailed plan will be published in due course.

Note. Pending payments will be allowed 7 working days after closing time to complete any pending order payments.

The innovative team in Manchester is devoted to guiding the engineering efforts in India, updating the community with our progresses, and all customer support. Our team is actively growing rapidly to deal with our loyal community and to show a great deal of transparency into this project. Our updates will be very regular, at the least weekly and we will show customers every aspect of design and production that is happening.

We have also updated our management team profile on our website to let you know of the people behind this initiative and thus bringing more transparency.

You may check the below link on our management team, along with responsibilities and position of each member:

https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/

Stay tuned for more updates.
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:14:02 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

OUR HEROES AT LARGE.

Fiaz, care to explain this, its not to inspiring my friend.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408722.0

Hi there, firstly just to reiterate our office is for project management purposes, all units are manufactured in Bangalore. Now on to those pictures, our office wasn’t finished at the time they were taken, so they are quite old and as such irrelevant. In the interest of transparency and as a gesture of goodwill for the community I have decided to take a few quick photos of us:

Kind regards,

Fiaz.

Fiaz, That is all nice and well but the pictures were taken yesterday, not "quite old" as you say.

Care to run out and take some pics yourself from outside the building, looking in, just like the pictures supposedly taken yesterday.
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:19:50 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

DON"T WORRY THE ARE SHIPPING IN JULY.  FIAZ SAID SO...
when is the expected ship dates for these?

Our first batch which has now closed will ship in July.

too slow Sad

Big fan of asics although i have none as yet.
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:22:14 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

*GRIN*  Didn't realize I was such a prognosticator.

when is the expected ship dates for these?

Our first batch which has now closed will ship in July.

Funny you guys were saying June a month ago.  First it was Q2/3  Then it was Q2, then it was June.  Some forum members moronically thought that Q2 meant the first day of the first month and you would ship in April.  I know Q2 would mean end of June.  Now you are saying July which of course for product manufacturers mean end of July.  Given 1-2 weeks delivery (includes customs) customers wont see their miners in hand until mid August.

And this is assuming that there aren't any more delays.  Already the reports alpha-tech post stated that they weren't getting optimal performance and they are still in design.  I expect a few more road bumps from here until July.  If the rest of engineering does not run like well oiled machine I would target Sept for delivery.
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:23:54 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Hey folks!

We would like to assure you we are very aware of our competitors hash rates and pricing and intend to match them, we started development in May 2013 and are on schedule to ship in July giving us the clear lead. During development we decided to make our units larger and upgradable so we could accommodate increased hash rates with ease, we gave ourselves this leeway for a variety of reasons. And the announcement of Scrypt miners from competitors was of course one such reason that we anticipated and planned for. A full announcement with details on our new batch 1 hash rates will be released very soon!

Nice reflexes there sport! Caught that hot potato. So were you just hoping no one else would release so you could sell a lower spec at higher price?

BTW KNC started development a while ago and have a proven track record of delivering equipment on time and over spec. I know where my money's going.
anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:26:44 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

NICE FIAZ GUARANTEED A JULY SHIP DATE!
This sounds very reasonable....Thanks
For people who ordered the 5 Mhs model, do you allow them the option to upgrade to the 25 Mhs for the first shipment?

Hey,   

I just wanted to reiterate some points as I feel there are undue misconceptions about our company. Our architecture was built in such a way that it would be feasible to upgrade our units in case we ever needed to. This does not mean it will not come at a cost to us as it will, however we are taking this hit and matching our competitors to ensure our customers get the best deal, not only in matching hash rates but the fact we were the first to start means we can guarantee shipping in July. We are very passionate about this industry and it is our intention of being in this for the long run, we are not after a quick cash grab and in doing this we hope to show that to our customers.

We are definitely able to increase it in time simply by altering the number of chips in our enclosure (as stated in our update one of the reasons we went for a larger enclosure is so it is upgradable in this way) this will of course cost us more but aside from pricing concerns which we will take the hit on we are still at such a stage of development where we can do this and not have it affect our schedule.

The reason we did not initially opt for hash rates this high is simply because this is our first such mining venture and the initial setting up, prototyping, designing and testing will inevitably cost ourselves as well as our partners more than usual, and will take longer than usual (we started in May 2013) and so pricing it any less did not make business sense, this is doubly appropriate considering at the time there were no companies producing such Scrypt miners hence we were offering customers the ability to fund a project to achieve this and with that they are willing to accept compromises. However once we did have our foundations and designs in place subsequent batches would have been significantly more cost effective thus more powerful in addition to being produced and shipped quicker, that was of course the original plan. I say this only to continue our tradition of transparency, this can be proved if you look at how detailed our developmental updates and responsiveness is. Just to add to the point of there being no competitors at the time, if that did remain true, our devices at their original hash rates would have been significantly more profitable at such lower hash rates nullifying the need for us to increase it so dramatically. Just to note, we only take a 30% deposit for pre-orders as opposed to taking 100% when it isn’t necessary, I do feel this is another significant benefit from ordering our miners, also our first batch customers will get priority in the next batch.

The fact of the matter is we advertised a product at a certain hash rate, which is all we can guarantee from our end, external market factors are out of our control, and customers accepted them at that price. So we are of course within our legal right to keep to this agreement. And yet as a company we will not operate like this, we will match our competitors as we absolutely appreciate external factors will affect them and the profitability of our miner. You can expect the announcement of our new hash rates which will match our competition any day now along with more news on our development.

Thank you.

edit: just so customers are aware this increase will apply to the 5 Mh/s model as well, both models will scale equally so expect significantly more powerful machines come July.

anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:36:44 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

SEE GUYS.  They are still on track for a July ship date.

So then has tapeout completed? It would need to be done no later than the end of May (ie, in your hands before June) to really meet a safe July schedule.

anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:53:43 AM

BLAST FROM THE PAST

This is a good one.  I screen caps a bunch of Fiaz's reddit posts before he went over there and deleted them all.  And this is a last one really that has anything posted by Fiaz in it that he has not deleted.  Abot this time he went on a major campaign deleted anything he ever posted and any other Alpha Tech employees posted here, on litecointalk, reddit, probably twitter.  Alpha tech aslo scrubbed their forum and did some major edits of their terms of service.

So the SHITE really hit the fan in mid June and they started panicking.  That is about a month after the chips should have been done and delivered.

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

Full disclosure - I do not have an alpha-t order (thankfully).

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.
That told me everything I needed to know ...

Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd
66 Dickenson Road

Moss Side Family Unit Address:69 Dickenson Road City:Manchester

Top 10: Dodgy British Neighbourhoods
Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

My apologies.  I guess Moss Side ends 3 units down from you.  Not sure if its any better in Rusholme though....

Great, now we are dealing with Logical Fallacies as the basis for arguments.
Let's see, which category does it fall under? The units are being made in India but the location of the organizational team is being put in question due to the neighborhood?
So basically, with this type of ideology we should not support lower socioeconomic areas?
BTW - The logical fallacies covered, include but are not limited to: Red Herring, Ad Hominem, Appeal to the Popular, Begging the Question, and on and on.

Let's keep this fact based. Again, instead of name calling let's keep this on track.

I'm just concerned that theft is a way of life there....

So, now it is guilt through association? Neighborhood no less?
How about the families nice standing in the community, business wise?
If you are going to judge an issue, look at all sides. Don't collect select data.

I'm not against the facts presented as I just stated in my last post here (and in other places in this thread), but when the energy of the thread is just falling apart and becoming personal, conjecture, fallacy based, purely negative, etc. then it is time for everyone to take a breath and step back. No good can come from a factual argument becoming emotional. It is the proverbial snowball headed down the mountain. Things may not look great, but judging by this thread one would think we are 3 months behind schedule.
Emotion, especially when it gets to the before mentioned level, seems to be more concerned with being right than finding truth and that is a dangerous place to be.
No harm can come from just sticking to what we know and trying to be a bit more factual and less personal. (like in the recent past actually).
I

You are right, let's just stick with the facts....

anderl

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:09:15 AM

ALSO IF YOU NOTICE!!!!!

Remember that Tax Geek blog post they made on their forum talking about the laws for miners and taxes that I screen scrapped and posted here?Huh

Guess what?

They deleted it!!!!
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:52:22 AM

I'm wondering if we could all pitch in and buy bulldozers a ticket to go visit them, as his energy level would be better directed on them in person. We could telecast it live and charge a fee.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:54:36 AM

hmmm. so the update is no update.  big surprise :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:21:00 AM

Yeah ABU post more of these stupid pictures and Fiaz will have a great excuse to show us middle finger.  Sad

Let's be realistic.

If they intend to ship units, they will ship units regardless of the criticism. They'll only use the backlash as a cowardly excuse if they didn't intend to ship. They deserve what they get at the moment. They've treated customers appallingly.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:59:20 AM

Yes indeed, I do believe they have already run out of middle fingers to give us. Onto the toes I suppose. Any of the obscene or childish posts here do not match the unconscionable behaviour being displayed. I fear will are about to enter the "doctor's appointment" or "family emergency" stage of excuses.

What I found interesting having not seen the accountant's blog before is the seemingly helpless victim trend ushered by them. Him first referring to haters "over there", the later on Dexcel removed their cooperation notice due to "haters over there" and even the very latest the webmaster referred to "external third-party sources" a/k/a "haters over there" for torpedoing the CC processor that they had in place. It is everyone else's fault except ours.  What we will get is we tried our best but due to circumstances out of our control it failed.

I am trying to visualize what precisely the case may be. 100% there is no product, no chips, no PCB's no cases, not even fans ordered. Not even a mock up of real case. At the  same time they must have "some" money it is a family of 4. Even a pocket full of tuppence. So what is the problem? Dexcel Design got paid and prepared the chip. End of formal relationship.  Now to try to get the chips made. Are we stuck at this stage, where their seemingly expert hired ASIC production manager failed to secure a timely spot at the Foundry? If so why not show that Dexcel has done their job and the design of the chip is as solid as it gets. Nothing. Nothing all the way back then presented that there has been any movement forward other than some crumby video taped in VHS of a FPGA prototype. Months ago.

If it is indeed all an elaborate scam to wait out the refund period then run. That can make sense as they simply just do not care.

If it is indeed lack of funds and they are scrambling around to secure finance as we see in the latest shareholder report, where does that leave us exactly. Back to square one.

- nothing shown to date that Dexcel money was well spent and that they actually have something to be manufactured i.e a chip
- now that they do have finance they still need to do that, take Dexcel's design find a foundry, get them made, secure boards, secure cases, secure components for the cases, assemble them, and then ship them out.

Absurd!

If with all the luck in the world the chips have been made and are not being released by the foundry due to lack of funds, why have they not even shown that stage to everyone.

None of it makes sense if you examine each step of the way. What I suspect by this total silences is that they are trying to procure already made third party chips and surreptitiously install that and  palm them off like there has been no problem all along.

1. If the pre-order money was in fact used and Dexcel did do something for it , it would have been shown long ago
2. If everything is on track up to and including chip making, that would have been shown long ago and a simple explanation being we need to final payment to procure the hardware to run these things.
3. If they plan on doing nothing and waiting for time to run out and run, that is the reason for complete silence
4. If they are mad scrambling to procure someone else's chips and even have them make everything for them, that is the reason for complete silence to date. They will step forward and gleefully show little imprints on the chips with their name on it and make like there was never anything wrong.

Instead of manning up and simply saying hey we have a problem but we have a solution the product you bought will be made and the specs. will be maintained we are working with a third party right now to do that, nothing is said. Nothing but finger pointing to third party external forces who don't like the because of their name or their religion or whatever other delusion they can think of.

The really sad thing is reading the forum you have people there blissfully unaware, crowing out how transparent they have been, how their product will be the best on the market how other companies are all scam, seemingly unaware that the Chinese have flooded the market for months now with functional miners and are in the midst of rapidly dropping the price to near zero. Some of them over there are cheerfully muttering about wondering how will the packaging look like, what color will it be, how loud will it be. They don't get it, there is not even a chip made to run these things, let alone packing boxes to ship them out!

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: