Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:18:53 PM

It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Exactly.  In reality Paypal is on the side of the seller.  That's where they generate their fees, so they are going to make every attempt to turn you away.

Best bet is to go to your credit card company first if that is at all possible.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:52:37 PM

It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Exactly.  In reality Paypal is on the side of the seller.  That's where they generate their fees, so they are going to make every attempt to turn you away.

Best bet is to go to your credit card company first if that is at all possible.

On LItecointalk a guy finally got his full deposit with reversed by PayPal.  He escalated to Protection Service and Legal and they finally saw all the complaints.  You just have to keep talking to people at PayPal, don't give up and don't take the Alpha tech we'll refund your 30% if you put down the full 100%.  Alpha still has all the PayPal money frozen so you can get it reversed easily.  The ball is rolling, everyone get on board.
ljcowned

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Total success story: Tada!!!  Unbelievable! I went back to PayPal after reading the above information and pressed PayPal with escalating to their Protection department or PayPal legal, and when I brought this up, the person on the other end said that many more Alpha T customers are on the list and regardless of Alpha T terms of purchase for refunds, since they have not shipped the unit to me and do not have a unit as proof that it exists, I could get my money back NOW !  All I needed to do then was to go to PayPal and transfer the refund they just gave me for my 50Mh ghost unit and put that money back into my bank account!!!!!  ALL DONE.

I did take the time to fully explain the original refund policy of AT. I also made it clear about how AT took final payment and had to stop in July after the CC processor found out they did not have a product to ship. I also told the person that after I paid for my unit in January 2014, that AT sometime much later in the year tried to categorize all of us customers as businesses. The call center PayPal person was aware of all these things and much more negative things about Alpha Technology from many other disputes recently filed by AT customers. She told me that her decision to give me back my money was solely based on no product being able to be shipped at this time. There is no way AT can wiggle out of this one. They had no product to ship by 30 Sep which is painfully admitted in their own recently sent email and post on their site. Regardless of all the other conditions they tried to impose and lies they tried to tell to us, they lose.   The day of their arrogant refusal to give refunds is over for those of us who paid using PayPal.

I suggest that if you used PayPal as payment, regardless of how long ago you made that payment, now is the time to strike and call PayPal back. Ask the call center person to escalate directly to their Protection Services or Legal department and make clear how you paid and never got your unit as promised by AT's own imposed NLT ship date of 30 Sep. You should be able to immediately get your money back.

I am pretty sure that AT is monitoring this site and thread. So if you are, stand by to have to pay back everyone you have misled and deceived since 2013. You would have been much smarter to have just been honest and transparent with your customers, as you site so eloquently states that you do.  The chickens have come home to roost for AT. Strike while the iron is HOT!
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

It is important that when talking to PayPal support to have them escalate to PayPal Protection Services or PayPal Legal.  The reps will only quote the 45 day limit.  They don;t know anything else about what PayPal does.  They couldn't even tell me what the PayPal terms and conditions are for Merchant Preselling, Oh but they are quick to state the 45 day limit rule.  Bunch of monkeys in a cage.

They are not given the permissions to escalate to a claim, so you have to get them to call Protection Services or Legal.  Those guys know exactly what to do.  I spoke to a PayPal rep 2 weeks ago who had to get a supervisor and then a call center manager to finally figure out that yes Protection Services can do reversals after 45 days and even after 6 months.  The supervisor was shocked that it was possible.  WHO knew!!!!

So do not take what the front like reps say as law.  They are just quoting the almighty callcenter tome of knowledge.  They are clueless as to how PayPal really works.

Total success story: Tada!!!  Unbelievable! I went back to PayPal after reading the above information and pressed PayPal with escalating to their Protection department or PayPal legal, and when I brought this up, the person on the other end said that many more Alpha T customers are on the list and regardless of Alpha T terms of purchase for refunds, since they have not shipped the unit to me and do not have a unit as proof that it exists, I could get my money back NOW !  All I needed to do then was to go to PayPal and transfer the refund they just gave me for my 50Mh ghost unit and put that money back into my bank account!!!!!  ALL DONE.

I did take the time to fully explain the original refund policy of AT. I also made it clear about how AT took final payment and had to stop in July after the CC processor found out they did not have a product to ship. I also told the person that after I paid for my unit in January 2014, that AT sometime much later in the year tried to categorize all of us customers as businesses. The call center PayPal person was aware of all these things and much more negative things about Alpha Technology from many other disputes recently filed by AT customers. She told me that her decision to give me back my money was solely based on no product being able to be shipped at this time. There is no way AT can wiggle out of this one. They had no product to ship by 30 Sep which is painfully admitted in their own recently sent email and post on their site. Regardless of all the other conditions they tried to impose and lies they tried to tell to us, they lose.   The day of their arrogant refusal to give refunds is over for those of us who paid using PayPal.

I suggest that if you used PayPal as payment, regardless of how long ago you made that payment, now is the time to strike and call PayPal back. Ask the call center person to escalate directly to their Protection Services or Legal department and make clear how you paid and never got your unit as promised by AT's own imposed NLT ship date of 30 Sep. You should be able to immediately get your money back.

I am pretty sure that AT is monitoring this site and thread. So if you are, stand by to have to pay back everyone you have misled and deceived since 2013. You would have been much smarter to have just been honest and transparent with your customers, as you site so eloquently states that you do.  The chickens have come home to roost for AT. Strike while the iron is HOT!

That's awesome!  Great job!
sikman

Activity: 572

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:51:57 PM

well done guys getting $$$ back from papal. I have a friend who pre-ordered (I warned him) and is pissed off at the moment that he will not ROI due to the long delays. I will surely let him know that he has a good chance of getting a full refund.

PECULIUM                    [  PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED ]
First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence     / WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

▓░          ░  ░░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
                                  █▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
             ░░░░░▒▒░░  ░░░░░░░░░▒█░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒███▓▓████████▓▓
        ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░░░     ▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓██▒▓██████▓█████
     ░▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ░░░░░░▒▓▒ ░░░    ░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓ ████████▒▓██▓▓
          ░░░░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒░ ░      ▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒░████▓███▒████▓▓
      ░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░       ▒▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ █████████████  
       ░░░▒▒▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒███▓█████▓░     
      ░░░    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓▓  ░░░ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░▓██▓▒░          ░ ░
     ░░  ▒▓█████████▓▓▓▒▓░  ░░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒░   ░░░ ░░░░     
     ░ ▓██▒▓▓▓███▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓    ░ ░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░             
     ░▓█░▒██████████▓▒▒█      ░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            
    ░▓▓ ███████▓▒██▓███▒      ░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒░▒░▒▒░░░░░░░         
    ▒▒ ▓██▓▓██▒▓███▓███      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░            
    ▒░▒█░███▓████▓           ░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                 
    ░ ██ ████▓▓     ▒       ░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                    
                   ▒░      ░░ ░   ░░░░░░░░░░                      
            ░░░░░░▒▒       ░░   ░ ░  ░░░░░░░                      
          ░░░  ░░ ░         ░          ░░░░░░                     
                           ░      ░░░░░░░▒▒░                      
                                     ░░░  ░▒                      
                            ░░▒░░░      ░  ░▒                     
                    ░    ░░░░░░ ░░░▒▒░    ░░▒░                    
                    ▒▒░░░░░░   ░░    ░▒▒░░░░▒▒                    
                      ▒▒░░▒░▓███████▓ ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▒                    
                    ▓░ ░▒░░▓██████████░░▒▒▒▓▓                     
                   ▓███░░▒▒▒▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓                      
                    ████▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░                       
                     ▓██▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░                          
                      ▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░                               
                        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▒                                  
                         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒                                  
                          ░▒▒░▒░                                  
                          ░░   ░                                  
                          ░    ░                                  ░
                             ░░                       ░           ░
                                                      ░░        ░ ░
                         ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░     ░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░ ░ ░ ░
                       ░▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░    ░░░░░░░ ░
                      ░▒░▒▒▒▓▓▓███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░
                     ░▒▒▓▓████▓▓▒              ░▒▒▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░░░▒░▒
                    ░▒▓██▒░                ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░   ░░░░░░▒
                   ░▒▓█       ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒░▒
                  ▒▒▓█   ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                 ░░▓█    ░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░░░░        ░ ▒
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385
bithcoin99

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:04:13 AM

I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:26:29 AM

I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.

Better off contacting your CC, you could call PayPal again and probably get a totally different response. Their customers service is very hit or miss.
Kuikens

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:25:49 AM

After disputing the transaction with CC company, I received and E-mail from PayPal they reopend 1 case that was first closed directly because outside the 45 days period.
So people keep pushing PP and your CC company.
It's simple: You ordered and paid for a Viper to arrive by July 2014 and you received 0 (and will probably never receive anything).
Act now while there still might be a chance to recover funds...
alexfgT

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:29:49 AM

and have any solutions thread if I paid through Bitcoin (Bitpay) Can something be done?
juni0r

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:09:05 PM

and have any solutions thread if I paid through Bitcoin (Bitpay) Can something be done?
If you paid by BTC i think the best would be you communicate Alpha to refund you. In this case, you will only get 30% of your initial deposit.
juni0r

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:11:17 PM

After disputing the transaction with CC company, I received and E-mail from PayPal they reopend 1 case that was first closed directly because outside the 45 days period.
So people keep pushing PP and your CC company.
It's simple: You ordered and paid for a Viper to arrive by July 2014 and you received 0 (and will probably never receive anything).
Act now while there still might be a chance to recover funds...

This is what PayPal advised me too. As per PayPal, they will contact Alpha T to refund my full deposit amount. If this is unsuccessful then I need to contact my CC company to charge back. i will fax my dispute to AMEX and see what they are going to do.
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

If you paid by BTC i think the best would be you communicate Alpha to refund you. In this case, you will only get 30% of your initial deposit.

That or you can sue them via small claims.  you can do that from wherever you are.  there are instructions elsewhere in this thread, or just look back through my posts.  I posted a basic outline at one point and I know others have also.

you can also see here:  http://fightalpha.net/index.php?topic=5

if you want to do that and have questions, post them here.  Someone may be able to help you.

Good luck.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:08:05 PM

I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.

Just escalate the claim.  Keep trying.  There are a lot of PayPal reps that do not know what they are doing.  Keep trying until you find one that knows what to do.  Say other people have filed claims against the company and were refunded through PayPal.

But most of all everyone needs to post their PayPal dispute numbers here so you can shares them and use them as evidence.  Email PayPal with all the dispute numbers.  Collectively it make PayPal listen.

There is a guy on the litecointalk forum that was able to get $150,000 reversed from another company that screwed up as bad as Alpha Tech did.  Good check out the FT thread there. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7930.0
SimonBeCoinin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:05:33 PM

I just called PayPal and they would not refund the money.  I asked to escalate to Protection Service or Legal and they told me that I would have to send a subpoena to their legal department.  In order for them to give me a refund, I have to contact my credit card to get them to refund the money.

Just escalate the claim.  Keep trying.  There are a lot of PayPal reps that do not know what they are doing.  Keep trying until you find one that knows what to do.  Say other people have filed claims against the company and were refunded through PayPal.

But most of all everyone needs to post their PayPal dispute numbers here so you can shares them and use them as evidence.  Email PayPal with all the dispute numbers.  Collectively it make PayPal listen.

There is a guy on the litecointalk forum that was able to get $150,000 reversed from another company that screwed up as bad as Alpha Tech did.  Good check out the FT thread there. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7930.0

+1

don't take no for an answer.  send a subpeona?  give me a break.   transfer me and let me talk to someone.

others are right.  if people can post their dispute numbers here for people to use as reference, it might help these others break through.

you are probably better off with your credit card company anyhow, so you might want to chase that down.  you'll have to call and open a chargeback and likely send in supporting evidence.  there are plenty of posts in this thread showing how to do that, and there are people that have websites up to help people, so you may have to go back through the last several pages to find some of that.

here's a basic outline that I posted: 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg8954774#msg8954774

if you have ??'s and post them here maybe some people here can help you. 

good luck.
fightalpha

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:14:51 PM

Congratulations and THANK YOU for doing good. Called paypal, they said if one person gets a refund then we all do. But, they don't have a record of your refund. Can you provide a paypal transaction or ref# that we can use?
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:51:04 PM

Any new news or dates for shipment or any other developments?
There is a free legal support firm here and customers may take support from him.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=811734.msg9086121#msg9086121
ilostmyface

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:16:39 PM

Zero News on ALPHAs end

My Paypal dispute was immediately closed due to the 45 day crap. Can anyone verify a CLAIM# of a successful Paypal refund? This information will help dearly when I make a phone call to Paypal.
jrose120

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:07:09 AM

Just going over the latest mining calculators and it doesn't look good.

If you're in the USA and you bought one 250Mh/s Viper running at 1875 Watts you spent roughly $9,000 USD for your miner by the time it's delivered. If you started mining right this second, you would still not ROI after a year, AND ASSUMING that the difficulty doesn't increase and the price remains stable. We all know that's not going to happen. These Vipers if delivered tomorrow would be lucky to see 30% ROI if ran for a year straight. I would figure worst case scenario they'll recoup at least 10% of their initial cost before they cost more to run then they earn.

Compare that to the Zeus Lightning 6 (250Mh/s) with a cost of $850, I'm not saying they'll deliver on time, or will deliver anything. The point is to show you how far out of the game Alpha-T already are. I used to think they'd ship a product, eventually. But lately I don't even think they'll have that. No one would want it, unless they are into expensive space heaters?

With LiteCoin at an all time high in difficulty and trading for under $4 USD a coin; combined that with BTC dropping below $300 USD also at an all time difficulty high. It doesn't look good, that's for sure...
juni0r

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

Ok, Alpha T defended my small claim court per below

How much of the claim do you dispute?
I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.

Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it?
No, for other reasons.

Defence
The claimant's address is a non-uk address. We have not done any
business with this individual and the address is out of uk
jurisdiction.

Signed
I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true
M.Akram
Managing Director
03/10/2014

Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you
66 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
M14 5HF

These fucking dickheads are liers. Please stop doing business with them.

Has anyone from none UK residential address filed samll claim against AT yet?
I also contacted CC to charge back today.
Mick666

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:57:02 PM

I just found something interesting in litecointalk.    http://postimg.org/image/mul320zw1
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: