Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:05:19 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 07:26:10 PM by crazyearner

alpha-t care to explain why you wont answer any of my 6 emails I sent regarding units collection marketing meeting, meet up in person etc.  Plus investment and group buys for my client base. I am local to your business and would like to meet in person and make arrangements over the phone however phoned several times to get no response.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
barruka

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

alpha-t we are your customers, we need many answers...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:48:08 PM

THis will not just ruin High Electricity/GPU users, it will have a strong potential in destroying Altcoins all together eventually like bitcoin. It will turn into a rich mans game.. Difficulty will SKY rocket and when new multiprofit coin pools  open and will rise up with new signups they will be switching and dumping like crazy which will eventually demolish these coins... I dont think they realise the potential repercussions of difficulty rising and and more miners joining because very soon even these asics wont catch up and then more asics are needed..$$$ - What is it you guys say  " Shut up and take my money" Thats EXACTLY the words that are fuelling these scammers "IF THE RUMEROUS ARE RI"if infact they are whoever they are but most likely lurking the forums getting the info by our comments and people naive comments willing to throw all they got on these guys claiming they are the first to be able to produce these . sending in q2 q3
All I can say Is if you have free Electricity then you should be OK or even Very Cheap Electricity Via $12,000 Worth Of Solar panels on your double story house.. 12 Large panels to be exact, i will give you an example of one of my bills with Ducted aircon on through out the whole house in the summer 3 months of HEAT - total bill was $960 per Quarter, With the reductions and feedback into the grid the bill came down to $290 .

And Now again the bill is even cheaper they offered us an extra 15% of Electricity bills done by automatic payments.

But for the guys who are getting Smashed with Electricity the asic maybe the way to go..

All in all... I think Asic will turn Litcoin into Bitcoin... No one really wants that unless you have invested in over $10k Worth of equiptment AS A START - get ready to start upgrading...

Last of all I really dont know the if this will go ahead and if it does when ... Not very soon I can tel you that... Lets say you pay 5k on an order that will take  6 months to come... You either get scammed or you purchase the miner with only 5mhs which i nothing and will produce avergae reaults minus the power benifits. But by this time Diff has risen which bring profits down again... so be prepared for the next investement not long after for the upgrade.. You will not make your 5k back with in 6 months with alt coins I beleive .. Not with $5000
have
The Crypto's that survive will be tested in many ways. We have already seen that they will be tested security wise, network wise, legally, politically, religiously, etc. If building a chip (ASIC) can eventually have bad results for a Cryptocoin, then we need to consider that a test. There is nothing fair in this. We are talking about a disruptive technology. It is anti-fragile and if truly so, it should adapt and strengthen and survive in a more mature form. And for that to happen they need to be tested every which way possible.

These Cryptos, ideally, are for the benefit of mankind. So, to get there, it must be tested, really really tested. We are talking potentially trillions of dollars and millions to billioins of lives that will be interconnected with them. I don't want coins to survive because I have them. What helps mankind most is what I want to succeed. (But of course, it would be nice to have chosen correctly). A Crypto worth trillions, or even billions needs to be ready for any kind of attack, unfortunately. And until we get past this money thing, we need to improve on and iron out what we have. That will happen.

Not sure of your last point. I don't think anyone here would argue that buying LTC's outright will definitely be a better investment than buying a miner. These miners, as advertised, seem to cost about 1/2 as much and use 1/20th the energy. I see it more as a way to support the network, eventually break even and then eventually have a very nice profit due to (imo) an eventually very high LTC price. And in a way, the hobby aspect is just plain fun. I could get a remote control helicopter or whatever and spend thousands or I can play a little sysadmin, support a revolutionary technology and get paid back my original investment. Hey, that sounds great to me Grin  

Now, back to the recent point of discussion here recently. I really hope Alpha Technology comes through for us, for many reasons, but also what I stated above. This is like crowd-funding. They appear to have a good idea and it attracted quite a few people. I think we all know it is a chance. And it won't return more than buying LTC outright. So we are here not for profits per say, fair point? That is clear to me. We are past the early days of BTC like returns from mining with an algorithm that is unfriendly to ASIC's.

It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection. We have time to see what they create.
IMO - They aren't going to jump from an idea to "Pay us now as we will be shipping in 8 to 10 weeks." We all expect to see progress, substantial progress and I would imagine a working prototype before collection. The way they got away from collecting everything upfront is a great sign to have. There is protection for us but still enough help financially to get this project really going.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:56:31 PM

Maybe the LTC Devs would fork LTC away Scrypt ASIC devices.

My BFL experience was a fun ride. I got my bank involved after I emailed BFL many times asking for a refund and being denied. I went onto the forums and posted some information I found on how to get a refund even after six months or longer. I was banned for life from the BFL forums and low and behold my ASIC was at my door less  -than a week later.

Congrats to you bro. I read that thread and it's an honor to meet you! You saved a lot of people a lot of money and some headache as well from BFL. Unfortunately I used BTC with them but am looking forward to my transferred order of 50Gh via Mining by the Gigahash, the way BFL delivers, sometime in April-June. I'll make at least .05 BTC over the life I figure. ehehe, but my others ventures were all successes.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
DeadEyeCool

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

I emailed them twice, once a few days ago, and once a week ago.

Just concerns on shipping to USA, and my shipping address not appearing on my order.

....still haven't heard back.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:54:22 PM

The Crypto's that survive will be tested in many ways. We have already seen that they will be tested security wise, network wise, legally, politically, religiously, etc. If building a chip (ASIC) can eventually have bad results for a Cryptocoin, then we need to consider that a test. There is nothing fair in this. We are talking about a disruptive technology. It is anti-fragile and if truly so, it should adapt and strengthen and survive in a more mature form. And for that to happen they need to be tested every which way possible.

These Cryptos, ideally, are for the benefit of mankind. So, to get there, it must be tested, really really tested. We are talking potentially trillions of dollars and millions to billioins of lives that will be interconnected with them. I don't want coins to survive because I have them. What helps mankind most is what I want to succeed. (But of course, it would be nice to have chosen correctly). A Crypto worth trillions, or even billions needs to be ready for any kind of attack, unfortunately. And until we get past this money thing, we need to improve on and iron out what we have. That will happen.

^-- This needs to be on a plaque somewhere in the crypto museum of the future. This is what people need to realize.

gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:26:25 PM

THis will not just ruin High Electricity/GPU users, it will have a strong potential in destroying Altcoins all together eventually like bitcoin. It will turn into a rich mans game.. Difficulty will SKY rocket and when new multiprofit coin pools  open and will rise up with new signups they will be switching and dumping like crazy which will eventually demolish these coins... I dont think they realise the potential repercussions of difficulty rising and and more miners joining because very soon even these asics wont catch up and then more asics are needed..$$$ - What is it you guys say  " Shut up and take my money" Thats EXACTLY the words that are fuelling these scammers "IF THE RUMEROUS ARE RI"if infact they are whoever they are but most likely lurking the forums getting the info by our comments and people naive comments willing to throw all they got on these guys claiming they are the first to be able to produce these . sending in q2 q3
All I can say Is if you have free Electricity then you should be OK or even Very Cheap Electricity Via $12,000 Worth Of Solar panels on your double story house.. 12 Large panels to be exact, i will give you an example of one of my bills with Ducted aircon on through out the whole house in the summer 3 months of HEAT - total bill was $960 per Quarter, With the reductions and feedback into the grid the bill came down to $290 .

And Now again the bill is even cheaper they offered us an extra 15% of Electricity bills done by automatic payments.

But for the guys who are getting Smashed with Electricity the asic maybe the way to go..

All in all... I think Asic will turn Litcoin into Bitcoin... No one really wants that unless you have invested in over $10k Worth of equiptment AS A START - get ready to start upgrading...

Last of all I really dont know the if this will go ahead and if it does when ... Not very soon I can tel you that... Lets say you pay 5k on an order that will take  6 months to come... You either get scammed or you purchase the miner with only 5mhs which i nothing and will produce avergae reaults minus the power benifits. But by this time Diff has risen which bring profits down again... so be prepared for the next investement not long after for the upgrade.. You will not make your 5k back with in 6 months with alt coins I beleive .. Not with $5000
have

Not sure of your last point. I don't think anyone here would argue that buying LTC's outright will definitely be a better investment than buying a miner. These miners, as advertised, seem to cost about 1/2 as much and use 1/20th the energy. I see it more as a way to support the network, eventually break even and then eventually have a very nice profit due to (imo) an eventually very high LTC price. And in a way, the hobby aspect is just plain fun. I could get a remote control helicopter or whatever and spend thousands or I can play a little sysadmin, support a revolutionary technology and get paid back my original investment. Hey, that sounds great to me Grin  

Now, back to the recent point of discussion here recently. I really hope Alpha Technology comes through for us, for many reasons, but also what I stated above. This is like crowd-funding. They appear to have a good idea and it attracted quite a few people. I think we all know it is a chance. And it won't return more than buying LTC outright. So we are here not for profits per say, fair point? That is clear to me. We are past the early days of BTC like returns from mining with an algorithm that is unfriendly to ASIC's.

It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection. We have time to see what they create.
IMO - They aren't going to jump from an idea to "Pay us now as we will be shipping in 8 to 10 weeks." We all expect to see progress, substantial progress and I would imagine a working prototype before collection. The way they got away from collecting everything upfront is a great sign to have. There is protection for us but still enough help financially to get this project really going.

Do you agree with me that people having extremely cheap Electricity rates via SOlar and a place to put your miner away from the heat is something that will continue, as Script asics are not much more powerfull that GPU asics and asics seems to be on the highger level of price.

Let alone this doesnt seem right, collecting money from people for q2, q3, q4.. Why not make a test batch with the frist order and do a ship to one of our memeber so that member can prove to the rest of us these things will be shipped
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:35:46 PM

have

Do you agree with me that people having extremely cheap Electricity rates via SOlar and a place to put your miner away from the heat is something that will continue, as Script asics are not much more powerfull that GPU asics and asics seems to be on the highger level of price.

Let alone this doesn't seem right, collecting money from people for q2, q3, q4.. Why not make a test batch with the frist order and do a ship to one of our member so that member can prove to the rest of us these things will be shipped anot not a scam.... I mean te orders will be flowing through even then which will enable them to start production pretty quickly
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

have

Let alone this doesnt seem right, collecting money from people for q2, q3, q4.. Why not make a test batch with the frist order and do a ship to one of our memeber so that member can prove to the rest of us these things will be shipped anot not a scam.... I mean te orders will be flowing through even then which will enable them to start production pretty quickly

For sure you will see miners (and perhaps older rigs) end up more in those "free electricity" places. Regarding the price to performance and energy efficiency issue - I think we can't look at a miner as just being  e.g. 100% more powerful and 1/20th the energy usage. We should translate that out into a practical number/value based on where you are. If you can at least break even, there will always be miners everywhere. If not, then something has to adjust, as we don't want centralization in any sense. It must stay decentralized AND very well distributed, so good point there. This market is going to grow and grow fast. To a point I almost think it is out of our event horizon to predict what happens...

The collecting money, just comes down to supply and demand. If there is no demand it will stop. And the interesting thing is, as mentioned before is, right now mining is not really about money for most. It can't be for as BTC moves forward, the concept of mining becomes a service, as it was designed to. The days of getting super rich with it are probably done, except for a few unique ideas along the way that perhaps give a new miner a semi substantial advantage for but weeks or even days maybe.

As I said, this is essentially a crowdfunding campaign. Actually, might be nice for them to open things up as they have mentioned because things around here lately have been pretty quiet and I don't believe the first batch has sold out yet.

BTC = Black Swan.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:54:06 PM

It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection.
Actually the 30% down may work against you, as UK law states they don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind. If you had paid in full you would be entitled to a full refund up until the day of shipment.

They have agreed to partial refunds which on paper looks good.

But.........If I was an evil genius, that's exactly what I would do. Then wait six months spread a load of FUD so everyone cancels. I'd only have to pay 50% back minus £70 fee. So even if I only sold 1000 5MH/s units, I'd pocket a cool quarter million, totally legally, then fold the company due to lack of resources.

Just a thought

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:02:42 PM

It is nice that we only had to put down 30% or so. That shows some trust, at least to us that paid with CC's with some protection.
Actually the 30% down may work against you, as UK law states they don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind. If you had paid in full you would be entitled to a full refund up until the day of shipment.

But.........If I was an evil genius, that's exactly what I would do. Then wait six months spread a load of FUD so everyone cancels. I'd only have to pay 50% back minus £70 fee. So even if I only sold 1000 5MH/s units, I'd pocket a cool quarter million, totally legally, then fold the company due to lack of resources.

Just a thought

When a company writes a refund guarantee policy (that is better then the minimum, if any, required by the law) that will be who they have to answer to. They can't just say "UK law states we don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind." What kind of legal system do you think we have? (not an open invitation LOL, just they expression here.)

You are going into an area that is speculation on top of speculation. Not really helping things here.

This is the policy, plus whatever your payment system provides.

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. Would just be nice if they come on here and open up a bit. If questions get answered and such, they will close out the first batch quick imo. Right now there is a lot of fear here and their absence is making it and contributing to it getting worse.

BTC = Black Swan.
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:00:31 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:20:15 AM by retro72

Just a thought

When a company writes a refund guarantee policy (that is better then the minimum, if any, required by the law) that will be who they have to answer to. They can't just say "UK law states we don't have to refund any of the deposit if you change your mind." What kind of legal system do you think we have? (not an open invitation LOL, just they expression here.)

You are going into an area that is speculation on top of speculation. Not really helping things here.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

I really hope it doesn't come to that. Would just be nice if they come on here and open up a bit. If questions get answered and such, they will close out the first batch quick imo. Right now there is a lot of fear here and their absence is making it and contributing to it getting worse.
You misunderstand me. Their refund policy creates exactly the scenario I described.  After 3 months, BY LAW they only have to refund you 50% -£70. If they had not said that on their website they would not have to refund you anything at all. So its a bonus I guess

The reason I point this out is that a lot of people are posting thinking they are fully protected because they have paid with a CC via paypal. But that really only covers you if its a complete scam ie they disappear with the money, or they go bust.
If they run into problems and you decide to cancel, after 3 months you will only be entitled to 50% - £70. So if you put a deposit down of £400 you will only receive £130 back CC or no CC. So in theory they could just sit around for 3 months and walk away with 50% + £70 of all the deposits and there would be no legal recourse.

Of course this is speculation but these kind of scenarios need to be considered if you want to make an informed decision. You can't just cross your fingers, stick your head in the sand and pray.

But you're right. Alpha really need to drop by this thread and clarify a few things. Their silence is becoming deafening.

Edit..... I just noticed their site says, within 3-5 months 50% refund. Which means after five months, legally they don't have to refund a penny. A credit card won't help either (in the UK at least).
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:53:40 AM

That's a pretty quick change of heart -- do you know something the rest of us don't?
Sometimes it's just that gut feeling .... at least I got my refund back. I will wait for version 2 perhaps. See if they truly come through first. In the meantime I will gpu mine. Plus there is another company that was advertising a 25 mh/s for 800 gbp I believe...

you requested and received a refund from alpha tech?

Yes, I contacted them via email on Monday and they refunded via PayPal the same day.

interesting thankyou.

i contacted them on Sunday & Monday & Tuesday.... No Reply!

shady shady shady...
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:13:54 AM

January 5, 2014
Pre Orders have been going smoothly and we are well on our way to complete batch 1. Please note. orders started at #4xxx. Just because your order is at 5000 does not mean you are 5000 in the queue. There will also be various unpaid orders in between, so order number is not an exact representation of your place in the order queue. Order number does NOT mean a place in the queue till payment is made.

We are giving a grace period for uncleared Paypal payments, and Bank Transfers. If orders are paid in a satisfactory time you are placed in the queue based on your order number, we will give a grace period of a number of days for bank transfers and delayed Paypal payments to clear, if batch 1 closes, you will still have this grace period. This does not apply to Bitcoin payments as they should be instant. The team has been responding to emails very quickly, and any order problems are being resolved. Paid an order by mistake? We are offering full refunds during the pre order phase.

If your payment has been fully cleared by Paypal or BitPay, and your status is still showing as ‘On-Hold’, email us at the below email address. Bank Transfer orders will automatically update to ‘Processing’ upon receipt of your payment.

https://alpha-t.net/news/pre-order-update/

Supposedly they are on their way to complete batch 1 but they don't mention how many units, they also say that they have been responding to emails quickly but they are not responding to the emails of some posters in this thread.

Red flags keep raising for this
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:21:10 AM

***BEWARE***

I HOPE YOU ALL REALIZE THIS IS A SCAM. THEIR STOREFRONT FOR EXAMPLE IS PRACTICALLY ABANDONED LOOKING ASIDE FROM THE SIGN. THE PREVIOUS BUSINESS THERE WAS RAN BY A COUPLE OF SCAMMERS BUT IT WAS A DIFFERENT PRODUCT AT THE TIME..

***BEWARE***
[/b][/size]
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:41:39 AM

All considering buying Litecoin ASICs from any manufacturer could take a lesson from early and current Bitcoin ASIC customers.

Suggestion: Do not give your money as a preorder. Wait until a company has product in stock. Then again it is your money and thus your appetite for risk.

Good luck all.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:21:30 AM

Just a thought

You misunderstand me. Their refund policy creates exactly the scenario I described.  After 3 months, BY LAW they only have to refund you 50% -£70. If they had not said that on their website they would not have to refund you anything at all. So its a bonus I guess

The reason I point this out is that a lot of people are posting thinking they are fully protected because they have paid with a CC via paypal. But that really only covers you if its a complete scam ie they disappear with the money, or they go bust.
If they run into problems and you decide to cancel, after 3 months you will only be entitled to 50% - £70. So if you put a deposit down of £400 you will only receive £130 back CC or no CC. So in theory they could just sit around for 3 months and walk away with 50% + £70 of all the deposits and there would be no legal recourse.

Of course this is speculation but these kind of scenarios need to be considered if you want to make an informed decision. You can't just cross your fingers, stick your head in the sand and pray.

But you're right. Alpha really need to drop by this thread and clarify a few things. Their silence is becoming deafening.

Edit..... I just noticed their site says, within 3-5 months 50% refund. Which means after five months, legally they don't have to refund a penny. A credit card won't help either (in the UK at least).

well as to me I paid via paypal cc thru amex...if they don't show me anything of note by 30 days i'll likely pull the plug

30 days I should be OK and it was 1/3 down

but yeah better have some encouraging "real" info by that time or I'm gone (and by encouraging I would consider some word by the dexel group I think it is making your asic chip acknowledging them and you on this project on their site)

anyway...my take on this 30day is what they get to impress me after that I'm poof with my paypal cash back

again this is just me....others do what you will....paypal was the only reason I went this far ..now I need something from their side (as do most of us imho) to continue this dance beyond 30 days

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:27:11 AM

is there no pictures of there office open with the shutters up?

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:02:01 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 12:06:26 PM by edgar

no reply from 3 departments nor PM to the user alpha-t

General Enquiries: info@alpha-t.net
Technical Support: support@alpha-t.net
Orders & Payments: payments@alpha-t.net

Tel: +44(0) 161 871 8643 (Open UK working hours) set to answerphone with no opportunity to leave a message.

OPENED A TWITTER ACCOUNT SPECIFICALLY TO REQUEST THIS REFUND BE HONOURED.

REFUND PLEASE!!!

Dudey109

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:17:51 AM

Ive been keeping an eye on this, i want to purchase a 5MH unit but until i see proof of a real product/company convinces me they are real. I think ill keep my £400

Heck, if they have stock and prove its all real i may purchase a 25 unit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: