Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:13:39 PM

For me the case is closed months ago. Money lost. Invest time ans energy in BS is eben a bigger loss. SO WHAT? See You on the next pre-order?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:40:38 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 06:37:24 PM by Zeta0S

Why have u guys ordered whit some Mohammed's, Ali`s or Hassans? Why? racism is bad, but this is just stupid.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Derekman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:21:58 PM

Personal judgment on its way against Mohammed and Alpha. Defence was struck out!

So i am planning to ask the court to summon Mohammed and explain the fraud he has perpetrated. If he does not attend they will issue an arrest warrant.(the joy that would bring me...!)

What i wanted to ask you all was, what questions should i ask Mohammed? Wink be creative and polite, as this will be court of law and send them to me on PM as i do not hang out here all the time. Have a few weeks before I can submit this so plenty of time to prepare!

Yes am sending the sheriffs but don't expect any success there with this load of sharks.

Also promise to let you all know when and where his appointment with the court will be if you want to attend!
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

Personal judgment on its way against Mohammed and Alpha. Defence was struck out!

So i am planning to ask the court to summon Mohammed and explain the fraud he has perpetrated. If he does not attend they will issue an arrest warrant.(the joy that would bring me...!)

What i wanted to ask you all was, what questions should i ask Mohammed? Wink be creative and polite, as this will be court of law and send them to me on PM as i do not hang out here all the time. Have a few weeks before I can submit this so plenty of time to prepare!

Yes am sending the sheriffs but don't expect any success there with this load of sharks.

Also promise to let you all know when and where his appointment with the court will be if you want to attend!

One of the key facts that should be established is when they first discovered they had problems with the chips. If you can place this date prior to their requesting full payment and misc. shipping promises, you probably have a good basis for asserting criminal fraud.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

This is classic!!  Keep us updated.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:31:50 PM

I guess I'd just like to know if they really feel it's truth in advertising for their site to claim they are open & ethical, when they refuse to give full refunds after breaking their own terms of order (by a full quarter of a year), after failing to report problems until people had made their final payments to them and now, going a month between updates. I wonder how on earth they can feel justified in making that claim.

Also would like to know what it feels like to realize you're currently one of the most reviled companies in crypto, being routinely mentioned in the same breath as Butterfly Labs.
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:35:54 PM

That's awesome. 

I'll PM over questions if anything occurs to me.

If you want to post how you went about it, here and/or on fightalpha, it might help others.

Nice work in bird-dogging these SOBs.  They should not just get away with this.
jrose120

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:33:28 AM

I can't believe there are actually people who are still expecting their miners to be shipped over at the Alpha-T forum. Are they that excited to get a super high priced heater that requires internet access. Maybe you'll be able to control it remotely? That way you can get the house all warmed up before you get home? That's hilarious.

I can sense an update is coming soon. It's probably going to announce that to ensure proper quality control they will be delaying shipment of any hardware until they have thoroughly broken it in for a minimum of 4 months. This way each customer can be assured there miner will be reliable. New delivery date is pushed back until May of 2015. It's so nice to know they are looking out for their customers.

jrose120

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:38:36 AM

I'm here to declare home mining completely dead and a total thing of the past. There is now no way anyone can possibly make ROI purchasing any of the available hardware out there, period!

Not one product on Rigwarz.com can even come close to achieving a ROI, even though they say they can. I challenge anyone reading this to prove me wrong. After you're done embarrassing yourself i'll explain why it's impossible using any of the miners that one runs in their homes. Even if you get free electricity and pay 0 in pool fees, you still can't make your money back, period.

The days of making money by mining coins is long gone unless the price of bitcoin skyrockets. Which honestly, I don't see that happening with all the new regulations that are making it near impossible to use as was intended. It's a miracle the price has held above $350 for as long as it has. Everyday massive amounts of BTC mining hardware becomes obsolete as the difficulty rises.

The only way to make a buck mining is if you got the chips for free, say you trick a bunch of customers into buying them for you. Anyone come to mind?
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:28:25 AM

I'm here to declare home mining completely dead and a total thing of the past. There is now no way anyone can possibly make ROI purchasing any of the available hardware out there, period!

Not one product on Rigwarz.com can even come close to achieving a ROI, even though they say they can. I challenge anyone reading this to prove me wrong. After you're done embarrassing yourself i'll explain why it's impossible using any of the miners that one runs in their homes. Even if you get free electricity and pay 0 in pool fees, you still can't make your money back, period.

The days of making money by mining coins is long gone unless the price of bitcoin skyrockets. Which honestly, I don't see that happening with all the new regulations that are making it near impossible to use as was intended. It's a miracle the price has held above $350 for as long as it has. Everyday massive amounts of BTC mining hardware becomes obsolete as the difficulty rises.

The only way to make a buck mining is if you got the chips for free, say you trick a bunch of customers into buying them for you. Anyone come to mind?

Well I would agree with you -- if -- all you did was plug it in and set it to some multi pool or LTC pool that automatically converted to BTC. 

Mining these days is for those that want to research other alt-coins and actually spend time picking what they mine, when the mine it and how they trade it.

The days of the "Lazy Miner" are long gone!!

Kuikens

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:21:11 AM

Any decent economic model would state that the price of miners should drop accordingly to the difficulty rise and the price drop.
But as long as there are enough suckers out there that can't calculate, the equipment builders are the only guys making any money.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:45:14 AM

Well said  Smiley

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
jrose120

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:20:31 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 03:33:13 PM by jrose120

Well I would agree with you -- if -- all you did was plug it in and set it to some multi pool or LTC pool that automatically converted to BTC.  

Mining these days is for those that want to research other alt-coins and actually spend time picking what they mine, when the mine it and how they trade it.

The days of the "Lazy Miner" are long gone!!

Things were already like that 6 months ago. A year ago I had 250Mh/s of Scrypt mining hardware under my control. Only 80Mh/s of it was mine but I had pooled together a few hash cows and when a new coin launched we would hit it with everything we had. Insta mine 5-10% of all coins in existence then hold and dump them the moment the pump and dumpers started their market manipulation. Oh those were the good old days. When you could measure your profit in thousands of dollars per day. Yes we screwed it up  for all the small miners since we would stop mining the moment the difficulty went from 0.001 to 15.000 on the first jump.

Now days coin developers try their best to stop that from happening. They've done a good job of it too. Now all that's left is pure speculation, or a more accurate word, gambling it's the only way to make a buck these days. If your lucky enough to pick the right coins and then even luckier to sell them at a top price, buying them back on the dips, dumping them back on the highs, and laughing all the way to Coinbase for your fiat.

I can recall knocking a a few pools offline during a coin launch that will go unnamed. Since we hit the network as hard as we did coins were being generated more than once every 10 seconds. The pools crashed and we kept on going without any competition until the difficulty jumped by a factor of a 1000x. Don't even get me started on the real price of mining in a pool. They tell you 3%, but it's more like 15%.

The plug and play miners are gone, have been gone for at least 6 months, if not longer.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:13:23 PM

Interesting keep the thread updated ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Forceflow

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

Where are they amenable for service of process?  They claim to operate a business but are evading process servers (and customers).  They must list an address or agent address where we can send legal papers.  All of mine have gone unclaimed and process servers report they are no longer in their address anymore.

Tear them a new one.  Let the judge know these guys swindled thousands of innocent people out of MILLIONS of pounds/dollars.  Jail would be too nice for them.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

The hardware manufacturers are gouging people at retail...bottom line. Their markup is insane but they do it because it's a high risk business where their product becomes obsolete within months. There's a reason that the manufacturer who started out selling a piece of hardware at $10,000 can, after two or three months, sell that same piece of hardware for like $3,000. They aren't taking a loss at $3,000, I can tell you that.

However, I remember very clearly a bunch of GPU miners in July-August of last year, talking about how they were getting out of mining because it just wasn't profitable anymore. Then BOOM - prices skyrocketed and they'd have been raking in the money with low difficulty, while others scrambled to get involved. That's the mining game. When we finally see the return of a bull market, things will improve again...but the hardware has to come down in price and the only way that'll happen is if people stop paying the inflated prices. I personally wouldn't pay more than $3.50/MH for an ASIC now (that includes power supply, etc...) and nobody is offering that. Cheapest I've seen is about $5. I'm also not going to do any more pre-orders. So I may be done with mining for a while...which just means what I would have spent on hardware is going directly into coin.
jrose120

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:02:43 PM

Putting money straight into coins is probably the only sane way left to go if you're still strong on cryptos.

When you think about it there shouldn't be any GPU miners left out there at all, unless they are running on free power. Even then, it's hardly worth it. ASICs are way too pricey to make sense. At least when you built a home GPU miner you were still left with a computer to resell, everyone needs computers. A custom built ASIC miner can't hold it value when compared to say a motherboard, GPU, or PSU.
jrose120

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:06:21 AM

Funny how Alpha-T is out of stock of everything on their website considering the bulk of their customers are suing them in one way or another. They must have plenty of unfilled orders? Wonder why they don't even attempt to take in more money? Nothing passes the smell test with these crooks.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:20:46 PM

Funny how Alpha-T is out of stock of everything on their website considering the bulk of their customers are suing them in one way or another. They must have plenty of unfilled orders? Wonder why they don't even attempt to take in more money? Nothing passes the smell test with these crooks.

Welcome to June.. lol.

Just days away from their anticipated 6th shipping date.

hallo_frosch

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:36:34 PM

Harhar.
Are you taking bets ?
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: