Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IS ETHERDELTA SAFE?  (Read 19508 times)
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:31:25 AM

Since the hack of etherdelta some months ago, i dont use it anymore. And i will never use it anymore, because its just to unsafe, and it also very buggy and slow as hell. So if i want to sell some coin who are not listed somewhere, i use forkdelta. It works the same as etherdelta, but is much faster and safe. I mad a lot of traders there and had never problems. i can recommend to everyone to use forkdelta instead of etherdelta.
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 04:54:29 PM

Yes, all etherdelta's problems are solved now. Even when hacking happens until now my funds are safe there. However, I do not recommend you to buy or sell your tokens there, because usually the price in the etherdelta market is lower than the real price.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:59:25 PM

Yes, all etherdelta's problems are solved now. Even when hacking happens until now my funds are safe there. However, I do not recommend you to buy or sell your tokens there, because usually the price in the etherdelta market is lower than the real price.

What do you mean? ED's security problems may have been abated just or now... but that doesn't solve any underlying issues.

Hackers can simply create a smart contract where they reveal your private key once you click on that particular coin on ED. ED doesn't block those as of yet.

ED is simply a hub and a free-for-all. It doesn't really protect you from anything. Anyone can create any kind of smart contract there, and anyone is free to trade there.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
Sweetlover

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:04:12 PM

I usually have shivers and develop goose pimples all over anytime I visit that site....I don't know why...the site is generally stigmatized.
pos-game
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:15:51 PM

I thought EtherDelta died? IDEX is the main DEX for ETH now
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:17:30 PM

Just try not to keep a lot of money on the stock exchange. Try to cash out the tokens after receiving them.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:55:01 PM

Decentralized exchanges are more safer than centralized exchanges because they are performed on smart contracts. It can't be that your funds will be lost.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:18:21 PM

Decentralized exchanges are more safer than centralized exchanges because they are performed on smart contracts. It can't be that your funds will be lost.
That's true, but its still depend on scenario encounter. Anyway, I had Eth stolen from the Dec 2017 hack and can't log back on to the site (not signing up for a new account)!! You can't chat if you don't log in. I tweeted to support and sent an email and they didn't even respond. Ridiculous! This is not their first hack either. So I say, be aware.
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:25:05 PM

I use a metamascan to trade my tokens on the etherdelta. Metamask protects my wallet from stealing a private key. I recommend using it.

mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

I think ether delta is safe, cause a lot of my friends trade there. But of course you should be careful, cause hakers are smarter every day.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:31:06 AM

There was an issue before wherein the page was changed for some kind of promotional page but it was fixed. I am using etherdelta to trade some of my coins usually airdrop and I don't have any issues with it and I can say that it is safe but for bigger transactions I am using other exchanges like binance just to make sure that there would be no problem.
makladun

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

for now etherdelta is safe to use now the issue was solved few weeks back, the etherdelta is working fine i done more than ten trading there last week without any issue, now u can do the trading there its working fine.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:34:10 AM

There was an issue before wherein the page was changed for some kind of promotional page but it was fixed. I am using etherdelta to trade some of my coins usually airdrop and I don't have any issues with it and I can say that it is safe but for bigger transactions I am using other exchanges like binance just to make sure that there would be no problem.
It was DNS hacking which did result into accessing traders account because of indirect logged in with their address and keys but now Etherdelta is safe to use nowadays.Issues been resolved but still we should not be confident on using any exchange specially on decentralized ones,always logged out or signed out your import addresses once you have done on selling out your tokens.
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:04:56 PM

Yes it is safe Smiley . I have long used it, and all that time I have not found a serious problem, except a few months ago, it is because they want to change the domain name to forkdelta. They are supported by a team that is competent in the security system, especially from hacker attacks. Smiley
torai

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:38:50 PM

Of course it's not. I think that every system which is about entering your private key of your wallet can't be considered safe.
crypto-bit

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens.

Has the issue been fixed, is it safe now?

I don't know for now, the last time that I trade on them all transaction is going smoothly no single problem that I encountered. Better use only small funds to try with them and see if they are good.In my experience on there website is not friendly they user interface sucks but all my transaction goes well.
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:19:52 PM

Etherdelta is ok but there are still rumors spreading out right now. But mind you, always think twice if the exchange ask for your private key. It's very questionable that why an exchange need your private key when it shouldn't be ask anyway. So be careful and don't trust anyone when it comes to money issues.

alient86

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:22:52 PM

As I see now, EtherDelta has become safer. Indeed, there were cases when there were problems, but now there are none. But I would not recommend this exchange.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:33:22 PM

Certainly safe to use the etherdelta fact is one of my coins in list so I know it's safe to use because I just traded in the past days so it's safe to trade in etherdelta.

Etherdelta is an exchange for people who are much eager to sell their coins before it is listed on any reputed exchange. Etherdelta has a bad reputation and various time hacked and hence makes a risky choice to trade coins on this exchange. Also, many newbie use their primary account of MEW to trade at Etherdelta which makes it as a risky choice as when exchange is hacked it leads to loss of all MEW coins and ETH. I will never recommended this exchange until it is high emergency for anyone.
SAGEWAVE

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:08:22 AM

A few months ago there was an issue with Etherdelta and some people lost their ETH and tokens. Has the issue been fixed, is it safe now?

Even if it's safe, it's still EtherDelta. You may want to check out DDEX, Kyber Network, or LAToken if you want to explore other decentralized exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: