Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Increasing number of celebrities endorsing cryptocurrency  (Read 2605 times)
monomix

Activity: 117
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:25:46 AM

though celebrities are influantial and have many funs, i dont think thei influence is sufficient to substancially change teh marketplace. not at cuurrent stage of market, their strengh may come in force at later, more mature phase
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:33:27 AM

You are talking about only two celebrities here but we need to have loads of them to move the market upside down. Off course any investors that is entering into the market will have some impact on the bitcoin value or any market they invest into. Celebrities for sure will put huge money in single shot as they have nothing to loose and they can afford to loose more than normal person. I think most of the celebrities might be having huge funds already in the crypto as we speak because obviously they have money which is so much that they dont even know what to about it. Lolz. As matter of fact every time these people inevst into crypto the news must ne spread across the globe so that it can support crypto community and push its way upwards. Good news though.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:49:25 AM

Yeah we know cryptocurrency is a high trend now, bitcoin and altcoins like a bombs in crypto market.
Lot of the celebrity support for cryptocurrencies revolves around the ICO startups create.
They famous and a few words of praise from certain celebrities have helped numerous cryptocurrencies earn millions of dollars in funding.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:49:58 AM

Will it benefit the crypto currency market yes i think so. Celebrities have many followers and people who follow them will be probebly interested on buying what they are promoting. Will it be a legit project i hope so i think they will not sacrifice their reputation for money. Once they buy a coi  they might get curious on other coins available in the market and may buy a few other coins.

This is like buying a stock of your favorite sports team they will not care about the price as long as they have some share they will be proud of it.
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:57:47 AM

You think if there is no celebrity joining cryptocurrency then cryptocurrency will be lost and will not be famous? You are wrong, I think cryptocurrency has nothing to do with the celebrities you mentioned .. because there are still many great investors who believe in cryptocurrency ..

btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

Well seems crypto is going mainstreaming huh?manny pacquiao is the most popular boxer of his time,though mayweather breaks his winning momentum,still his name is written in the book of famous,being in crypto will be a good help to populariced this community.added to that is Owen in other sports makes hes way to the top,and i think many of them will come here to invest and try luck in this new means of profiteering

lixer

Activity: 2534
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:32:39 PM

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is launching a cryptocurrency in his own name, joining other famous sportsmen including Manny Pacquiao in a new venture to connect with fans.

The retired England star announced Wednesday his investment in the Singapore-based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) as he unveiled the “Owen Coin”.

http://punchng.com/ex-england-star-michael-owen-to-launch-own-cryptocurrency/amp/

Could this be a booster to cryptocurrency because these celebrities have big influence world wide and could invariably canvass more support for cryptocurrency.
There are two ways in which celebrities are doing this, at first we saw celebrities promoting some cryptocurrency projects that were promoted by them that was just a marketing ploy to try to get more people to invest in the coin, but now we are seeing that some celebrities are creating their own coins and to me this is nothing more than an attempt to make money.
Whatever they are doing, that is ultimately benefitting the base of bitcoins. Bitcoins really need promotions at this time. Or it must be said, it is dire need of time for the developing team to shed an enormous efforts in field of promotions. Because if people don’t know about bitcoins how can they accept their existence and come and join these amazing coins. And celebrities are doing great.

iconicavs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is launching a cryptocurrency in his own name, joining other famous sportsmen including Manny Pacquiao in a new venture to connect with fans.

The retired England star announced Wednesday his investment in the Singapore-based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) as he unveiled the “Owen Coin”.

http://punchng.com/ex-england-star-michael-owen-to-launch-own-cryptocurrency/amp/

Could this be a booster to cryptocurrency because these celebrities have big influence world wide and could invariably canvass more support for cryptocurrency.

We all know what's their deal. If something is a hot topic they'll make themselves involved. I'm not sure who are the people who are actually serious about understanding and learning how and what is bitcoin. But whatever they are doing, bitcoin is benefiting so much since their influence is wide spread so that makes bitcoin's popularity become even more powerful.

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:14:30 PM

We know this is just a hype,they make those coin to get money from investor using celebrities name,either that coin become a hit or it will become another shitcoin that everyone dump.But with the influence of famous people,it will attract another people to start study about cryptocurrency and more people will start to contribute to crypto business.
I never make conclusions on the basis of advertising. I think that a good product needs no advertising. It is enough to declare its existence. Famous people rarely admit to us that they use bitcoin. The best bitcoin advertisement is our specific example. My neighbor bought the same rigs as mine. Now he learns to trade on the cryptocurrency exchange. There are many such examples.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:07:03 PM

If this OWEN coin became successful this would be the start of massive creation of new crypto coins. I wish celebrities should not use their fame to lure people from buying their cryptos.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:30:33 PM

A lot of people are starting to realize that the bitcoin has so much potential and that it is neither a scam nor a ponzi scheme. Some celebrities have actually made money from it, like the likes of 50 cent who invested early and discovered this year that his investment has given such a high ROI so I think even more and more are starting to realize just how useful bitcoin can be and adoption from celebrities means more people would want to invest in it.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:39:31 PM

Celebrities are influential and I think this might help crypto market to get more demand. On the other hand, celebrities can increase their popularity since a lot of people are into cryptocurrency. So, it's a win win situation for both crypto and celebrities. Some celebrities are even starting their own ICOs and some are supporting some projects.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

I do not think that creating their own name in cryotocurrencies will be that influential to the industry itself but the fact that people acknowledge its existence and knowing that cryptocurrencies are indeed alive is what giving the endorsement a bit of a credit. As long as cryptocurrencies are being exposed to the world, it will always have an impact to the whole industry and can be a contribution to its growth. Acceptance is the key to its success.
genocide

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:46:28 PM

This will probably make a big difference and promotion. Cryptocurrency being endorse by these popular and well known people on their own field will make a big help in promotion because people might be curious and aware for the product they are endorsing. It will help others to boost their interest in investing in cryptocurrency.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:00:23 PM

I think that using celebrities to advertise a coin would be an effective way of promotion because many people follow celebrities. When a celebrity uses a product, it's likely that its followers or fans would do so as well. This would facilitate better promotion for the cryptoworld however this does not determine the success of a coin. A coin may still end up into a shitcoin even if it is endorsed by a celebrity.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:33:04 PM

If there are celebrities who endorse crypto business, well it is good for positive credibility of crypto business, especially to bitcoin as the main king of all crypto business. But talking about any celebrities campaigns and endorsements that executed by any celebrity personnel, that endorse about crypto business, well in my country, I don't ever see or heard about celebrity personnel endorse crypto business. And mostly 90% of celebrity endorsers are advertise by way of television broadcast or televising that viewers can watch and see. Hopefully it will done also in my country, that there is a celebrity endorsers of crypto business.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
The Monkey King

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:05:14 AM

Yes it would be great if known personalities will endorse bitcoin. If bitcoin is advertise, surely it will increase tge population of its users in just a span of time because most of the people patronized what their idols want or advertised. So, if there would be numerous celebrities all over the world that would advertise bitcoin, then it would be a great advantage to the bitcoin and its people because surely the price will increase.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:31:37 AM

Owen isn't exactly a big name and he probably needs the money, when we have celebrities with big fame and wealth endorsing cryptocurrencies instead of making their own that will be a big difference. I believe that Messi has endorsed Sirin Labs, guys like him and especially Ronaldo are the big ones in football/soccer. It would be nice if one of them would endorse bitcoin but that will never happen because they won't be getting paid for it.

Owen is also the star of football. He became famous around the world in '98. I've also won a golden globe!

His income from the premier league football team is also objective.

He doesn't need a digital cryptographic currency to earn it!
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:34:45 AM

They only take advantage of their retirement. they are obviously very popular and it's great to market their coins.
one of the great strategies to earn money. we'll see if their coins will be popular.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

This endorsing of ICO by a celeb is breaking point this super bowl will make a lot of profit as long as their project will operate for a longer duration of time in which can benefit the masses or vice-versa.

However even if the endorsement is a success it still relies on whether folks will hold it for certain period of decade that's the only sure fire their ICO will have a price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: