Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89533 times)
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

I know you all are probably tired of seeing these posts, but I am having trouble installing blue fury usb asics with win8.  I tried to just install on my previously working hub and they are not recognized.  Then I downloaded the BFG drivers and my PC sees the device as a nanofury(?) and when I try to update software, i get error that no driver update software is required (wont let me install)?  I have been working on this for over 2 hours and I am getting tired of hardware and software that is buggy or poorly supported.  Anyone that can help with this... your support would be be greatly appreciated....

NanoFury is a driverless device in BFGminer

have you tried adding your bluefury sticks one at a time?

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
brwn8484

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:21:15 PM

I understand that nonofury is driverless, but why is nonofury being recognized instead of proper driver/software?  Yes I only was trying to install one device.   I now see on an alternate thread that win8 wont allow non signed driver updates and I need to modify win8 to allow drivers.... but I think it still wont allow me to update since Win recognizes this fury device as driverless.  I tried to delete the driver, but I cant since there is no driver.  Then i tried to uninstall the nanofury, but as soon as i plug in the usb blue fury, win8 reinstalls the device as a nanofury....AArgghhhhh

Well... I'll give this 24 more hours and then I am returning the devices for a product that is more robust and better supported.  Thanks for your help, but still trying to install!
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:30:38 PM

I understand that nonofury is driverless, but why is nonofury being recognized instead of proper driver/software?  Yes I only was trying to install one device.   I now see on an alternate thread that win8 wont allow non signed driver updates and I need to modify win8 to allow drivers.... but I think it still wont allow me to update since Win recognizes this fury device as driverless.  I tried to delete the driver, but I cant since there is no driver.  Then i tried to uninstall the nanofury, but as soon as i plug in the usb blue fury, win8 reinstalls the device as a nanofury....AArgghhhhh

Well... I'll give this 24 more hours and then I am returning the devices for a product that is more robust and better supported.  Thanks for your help, but still trying to install!

delete the usb port (see this thread)   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300638.msg3503739#msg3503739

then try the re install again.

I gave up trying with win8x64 (the drivers would not install even with admin privelege and signing settings ) but I have a win7x86 and everything works perfectly.
other forum followers have reported success with win8 maybe they will respond soon.

zamot

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:02:58 AM

Maybe you should change you fancy WIN8 OS which has problems in may ways to WIN7 and you will not have this problem.
This is just an suggestion based on you message which have bottom line that fury is problem maker and your OS the king.
Sorry, this is fact of life.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:01:20 PM

Maybe you should change you fancy WIN8 OS which has problems in may ways to WIN7 and you will not have this problem.
This is just an suggestion based on you message which have bottom line that fury is problem maker and your OS the king.

May be you should stop giving crap advice.

These miners work perfectly on Windows 8.1 x64 for me.  Far better than on Windows 7, especially when using USB3.
zamot

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

May be you should stop giving crap advice.

These miners work perfectly on Windows 8.1 x64 for me.  Far better than on Windows 7, especially when using USB3.
It works for you not for him. So, HellDriver, read his post again and suggest him what to do if he can not start furys on Win8.
The logical try is to do on OS where it works. Isn't it ?

Mudbankkeith

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:15:18 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 11:08:13 PM by Mudbankkeith

I understand that nonofury is driverless, but why is nonofury being recognized instead of proper driver/software?  Yes I only was trying to install one device.   I now see on an alternate thread that win8 wont allow non signed driver updates and I need to modify win8 to allow drivers.... but I think it still wont allow me to update since Win recognizes this fury device as driverless.  I tried to delete the driver, but I cant since there is no driver.  Then i tried to uninstall the nanofury, but as soon as i plug in the usb blue fury, win8 reinstalls the device as a nanofury....AArgghhhhh

Well... I'll give this 24 more hours and then I am returning the devices for a product that is more robust and better supported.  Thanks for your help, but still trying to install!

delete the usb port (see this thread)   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300638.msg3503739#msg3503739

then try the re install again.

I gave up trying with win8x64 (the drivers would not install even with admin privelege and signing settings ) but I have a win7x86 and everything works perfectly.
other forum followers have reported success with win8 maybe they will respond soon.

I have just upgraded from win8x64 to win8.1x64  then re-installed  BFGminerx64 and my devices are working.

Edit:- 1 device reporting 100% error on all my other pc's & Pi's & many different hubs, is now working perfectly on the win8.1x64

stevenf

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:36:58 PM

Hi,

What is the command line to run the BLueFury with cgminer?

Thanks!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

Hi,

What is the command line to run the BLueFury with cgminer?

Thanks!
After you've set up your relevant driver for your operating system (see ASIC-README included with cgminer) then they should just run without any extra command line parameters with cgminer.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:39:42 PM

I have my cgminer point to the pool & worker name via the command line.
(for me this was more convinient and setup multiple pools, rather than type the data by hand at cgminer start)

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
odinhf

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

I installed the drivers again and it is not showing up in my bfgminer please help it is not mining i need help.

regenerationx.net come talk about politics, culture, science, and history!
odinhf

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:43:39 PM

I tried changing bigpic:all to BF1:all and that still didn't work it still didn't detect it.

PDcologne

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:54:29 PM

hi guys, hope everyone has an awesome night tonight....

im in desperate need of some help!

i have just bought a red fury for my mac... and i can t get the mac to recognise the device. seems a lot of people have just plugged it in and it worked, no such luck for me...

i have tried everything i can find on google... to use on either cgminer or bfminer

eg. ftdi drivers, loading or unloading kexts, using different programmes, asteroid, macminer, etc etc. tried everything from blogs from NWOOLS - awesomely helpful but did not help.

now i am worried that i have run so much different software it will conflict with each other... and im no expert to fix!!

seems i can find no more info... to get this thing to work.... i can run bfminer just fine, just does not detect the device.
when i fired up asteroid, it asked to disable drivers  - apple usb ftdi, and the one i downloaded from ftdi vcom or something. i clicked yes but still nothing detected. im really stuck...

i can think of nothing else... anything you can suggest.

for info the mac is running 10.9.1, if any further info is required please ask, and i will reply asap..

thanks in advance

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

It should work without any issues on OSx. Try bit minter. If that doesn't work contact the red fury support team and get them to help. You might have a dodgy device.

I don't think macminer or astroid are compatible. If the red Fury team want to sent some devices to the macminer and astroid developers to help them with compatibility and testing that would be great.

Message me if you have any problems
PDcologne

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

thanks for the quick reply!

i have had a quick look at bitminter, but im not actually looking at mining bitcoin - im after zeta...

i have had a a short look and i can find if you can mine different coins...

without setting it all up, is it possible to mine different sha coin?

i will install just to see if it recognises the red fury though... beginning to think me and this piece of kit are not going to work out...

red fury + mac = HARD work

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:51:20 PM

thanks for the quick reply!

i have had a quick look at bitminter, but im not actually looking at mining bitcoin - im after zeta...

i have had a a short look and i can find if you can mine different coins...

without setting it all up, is it possible to mine different sha coin?

i will install just to see if it recognises the red fury though... beginning to think me and this piece of kit are not going to work out...

red fury + mac = HARD work

Yes you can mine all sha-256 coins. Try the guide in the second post. It should work as the red fury has the blue fury firmware installed on it.

PDcologne

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

quick update - downloaded the bitminter client just to check if it would recognise the red fury....

NO devices detected again...

really pulling my hair out now

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:18:01 PM

quick update - downloaded the bitminter client just to check if it would recognise the red fury....

Could be a faulty unit try asking for a replacement.

odinhf

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 03:05:05 PM

Here is a screenshot of my devices http://gyazo.com/7df4625971d58654187b04d32351b868 it does not say COM and a number under the BF1 how do I fix it, it is not showing up in bfgminer. What am I supposed to do with Zadig or whatever. Idk please help me.

teletobi

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:11:01 PM

What about buying a RasPi, a Hub and then using MinePeon? It's a standalone solution and not that expensive. There You can configure any PoolYou like and mine.
I can't get the Furys to mine on my Mac too, but with the RasPi they're fine.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: