Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:33:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread.  (Read 89532 times)
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:40:45 PM

Blue/Red Furies are the best for watts/Gh (1.23w/Gh)clocked at 2.33Gh, but Ants are a very close follower (1.28w/Gh) clocked at 1.99Gh

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fastcore

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:28:52 PM

So I have 8 block erupters on one powered USB Orico hub on port 1 of my computer and 1 Antminer and 3 red furies on another Orico powered hub. Everything works fine but one red fury starts to slow down Ghash and the eventually starts running at 0.00 mhash. Does this just happen with this hardware that they need to be rebooted every 2-5 days? I have a fan on them cooling them and I haven't pencil moded or done anything like that. It appears to rotate between my red furies. I'm running the bfgminer that is compatible with Antminers and running Windows Home Server 2011 64bit on this particular machine which is a build off Windows Server 2008 R2. Although these are USB 3.0 hubs, my home server has 2.0 ports. Thanks!

Have you swapped the hubs over? That may eliminate a dodgy hub/power supply.

I'll try switching them. Maybe I should invest in an Anker but I bought these when they cost as much as one just because I wanted all black ones.

I'm running the Blue Furies through Orico ten port hubs and it's not the hubs, let me assure you of that (there's comment somewhere on this forum that the Orico's are made by Anker anyway), it's the Furies, they are so fickle. I've got some Antminer U1's arriving in the mail so cannot comment on those yet but I run both Block Erupter usbs and the Blue Furies in the Orico hubs. The trick that has been working is to use two instances of bfg miner, one to recognise the Block Erupters (I use 3.2.1) and once they are hashing away, open up bfg 3.5.1 for the Blue Furies. If at first the Furies aren't being recognised, close your bfg 3.5.1 window, then leaving the Erupters hashing, manually remove each Fury, wait a few seconds, then plug it back into the hub, do that with all of them then open up 3.5.1 again, it should recognise them this time.

There's more about this on my post on page 14 of this thread with other posts subsequent also being very helpful. It might be that you need one window of bfg for the Ants and one for the Furies. I'm half expecting to be using a third window when my Antminers arrive, so maybe I'll have something to post in about a week or so about this.

The other thing that some people have suggested is if you are determined to use only the one instance of bfg and make it recognise your different type of miners, then you can identify each miner in each COM port in your target string in bfg which is fine if you have a handful of usbs but impractical if you're running a lot of them.

There's other solutions that have been found and people have documented their conclusions on this, admittedly, rather long thread but the Furies are not the easiest usbs to use and there always seems to be one that stops working every day or two, so 3.5.1 has to be closed briefly, the offending Fury pulled out of the hub, give it a few seconds, then push the Fury back in, start 3.5.1 and it should recognise them all again.

The other thing to point out is that different versions of bfg appear to work better with different system setups, so look for posts which outline solutions suitable to the OS you're using. I'm using Win7x32 but I did find that 3.2.1 for Erupters and 3.5.1 for the Furies also worked when I tried it on Win7x64, although it gave me hassles on Win8 and 8.1 so went back to 7x32 but you'll find that with hair-pulling and tweaking, most folks have finally got the Furies to work on whatever setup they use but it sure as hell is not 'one size fits all' like some other usb miners out there.

Good luck with it all.

Smiley

I moved the three of them off the 9 port switch with two AntMiners and put them on a 4 port non-externally powered Orico hub and they've been stable for two days!
jacob125

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:03:13 PM

I've tried installing the driver software, and re-installing the firmware, no luck [ http://snag.gy/5aDXu.jpg ]
Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!
jacob125

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:05:33 PM

I've tried installing the driver software, and re-installing the firmware, no luck [ http://snag.gy/5aDXu.jpg ]
Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Could i possibly get a repair/replacement  Huh for this faulty V1? As Ive tried everything possible Shocked

Thank you!
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:21:13 PM

Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Could i possibly get a repair/replacement  Huh for this faulty V1? As Ive tried everything possible Shocked

Thank you!
Do you have access to another PC? ........... or another user with known good devices?

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:05:54 AM

Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Thank you!

Unfortunately you'll need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help with your problem as the Blue Furies can display different errors and act differently on different operating systems.

I don't recall Windows recognising my Furies at first either, so I don't think that's a deal breaker. What you need to do is make sure that you're using the right driver for the correct miner. BFGMiner uses the BF1 drivers and each Fury needs to be seperately updated with the driver. CGMiner use the Zadig drivers and I think it automatically updates each Fury.

Initially I tried to use the Zadig driver incorrectly with my Furies running BFGMiner, but it just didn't happen. I can't advise on CGMiner and Zadig as I don't use CGMiner but for BFGMiner I found that I needed to remove the Zadig files completely from my system (then reboot, always reboot you know the drill) before I could get the BF1 drivers to update properly.

I'm using BFG 3.5.1 for my Furies and its still working well. I know you don't want to hear this but reading this long thread will help as there's loads of people who have commented on their particular OS and their particular problems so you will likely find someone who has experienced your frustration before and managed to overcome it.

I have no idea about firmware updates so perhaps someone else can comment on that but don't overlook seemingly inconsequential things like turning on and off hubs, pulling the Furies out and putting them back in again, rebooting Windows if you've been messing about with various usbs/hubs/ports for a while and if it's going no-where, don't be shy about completely uninstalling all usb root and hub instances using the Device Manager, then do a clean start by powering down then powering back up.

You could spin your wheels for ages waiting for people to provide the key to unlock your Fury mystery but if you're prepared to take the time, much of the gnashing of teeth and tricky solutions are documented on this thread, so dive in, dig deep and when you feel you're getting closer to identifying the problem, post again with specific OS details and other information about your set up.

Anyway, I feel your pain but don't give up, they hash well once you've got them going and then you can move onto the pencil mod Cheesy

Good luck!

Smiley

jacob125

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:56:13 PM

Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

Thank you!

Unfortunately you'll need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help with your problem as the Blue Furies can display different errors and act differently on different operating systems.

I don't recall Windows recognising my Furies at first either, so I don't think that's a deal breaker. What you need to do is make sure that you're using the right driver for the correct miner. BFGMiner uses the BF1 drivers and each Fury needs to be seperately updated with the driver. CGMiner use the Zadig drivers and I think it automatically updates each Fury.

Initially I tried to use the Zadig driver incorrectly with my Furies running BFGMiner, but it just didn't happen. I can't advise on CGMiner and Zadig as I don't use CGMiner but for BFGMiner I found that I needed to remove the Zadig files completely from my system (then reboot, always reboot you know the drill) before I could get the BF1 drivers to update properly.

I'm using BFG 3.5.1 for my Furies and its still working well. I know you don't want to hear this but reading this long thread will help as there's loads of people who have commented on their particular OS and their particular problems so you will likely find someone who has experienced your frustration before and managed to overcome it.

I have no idea about firmware updates so perhaps someone else can comment on that but don't overlook seemingly inconsequential things like turning on and off hubs, pulling the Furies out and putting them back in again, rebooting Windows if you've been messing about with various usbs/hubs/ports for a while and if it's going no-where, don't be shy about completely uninstalling all usb root and hub instances using the Device Manager, then do a clean start by powering down then powering back up.

You could spin your wheels for ages waiting for people to provide the key to unlock your Fury mystery but if you're prepared to take the time, much of the gnashing of teeth and tricky solutions are documented on this thread, so dive in, dig deep and when you feel you're getting closer to identifying the problem, post again with specific OS details and other information about your set up.

Anyway, I feel your pain but don't give up, they hash well once you've got them going and then you can move onto the pencil mod Cheesy

Good luck!

Smiley

OK, im trying to run my blue fury on a MinePeon Raspberry pi, that didn't get picked up, and the light is constantly orange, so then i thought why not try my computer, still no luck, and ive tried installing the drivers both ways, with Zadig, and without, in Zadig i need to click Options --> all devices so that it shows up, and when it does it show up as "Unknown Device" Ive tried installing the drivers but it shows up as "(None)" in the driver box on Zadig.

[ http://snag.gy/bfvGz.jpg ]

Thank you!
ezpen

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:08:41 AM

I had problems installing the WINUsb drivers using Zadig, but then I downloaded and used the XP Version of Zadig on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. It solved the problem.

XP drivers can be found here:  http://zadig.akeo.ie/downloads/
jacob125

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:09:55 PM

I had problems installing the WINUsb drivers using Zadig, but then I downloaded and used the XP Version of Zadig on a Windows 7 64 bit computer. It solved the problem.

XP drivers can be found here:  http://zadig.akeo.ie/downloads/

Hi, thanks for the help, but unfortunately its the same thing, and it shows up as exactly the same as before.

Thanks!
EvilM0narch

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:06:08 PM

Having major issues with bitfury, all was working perfectly till I shut down my pc and moved it to a different location...

I haven't changed anything in the setup...
Yet when I run bfgminer I have this issue:

Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():440: The system cannot find the
file specified...

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried uninstalling the devices and rebooting then reinstalling.
tried different mining software, cfgminer reported no drivers... (I always use bfgminer, but thought it was worth a try)
tried unplugging and plugging back in... I'm at a loss here
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:07:48 PM

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I've tried uninstalling the devices and rebooting then reinstalling.
tried different mining software, cfgminer reported no drivers...
cgminer uses different drivers for these devices so you'd have to change your drivers (as described in the readme) to use it.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dstraycat

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:24:22 AM

To Whom It May Concern:
Installing in Win7

Error 43

Just got my RedFury today... Boy! Was I frustrated... I kept getting an error message in Windows 7... Win7 would recognise that something was plugged into a USB Port, but it came back that it would not run it (Error 43), whatever...

I couldn't find drivers for Linux, so I came back to win7... Then a little birdie spoke in my ear... "Plug it into a USB HUB"... Vola!!! Suddenly Win7 recognized it...

It's working, but now I have to install a Miner that it is compatible with... I've been using GUIMiner but don't seem to be able to run it in that system... So, I've downloaded CGMiner and installed the proper Drivers for that system... Got those at zadig.com

Well, now I need only install CGMiner and configure everything... Thanks!

NOTE: After I changed the Drivers to that, which I got at zadig, I unplugged the RedFury from the USB HUB and plugged it directly into my computer and now, Win7 sees and recognises it... Works great! No more Error 43...

Hope this is helpful :-)

Darryl
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

To Whom It May Concern:
Installing in Win7

Error 43

Just got my RedFury today... Boy! Was I frustrated... I kept getting an error message in Windows 7... Win7 would recognise that something was plugged into a USB Port, but it came back that it would not run it (Error 43), whatever...

I couldn't find drivers for Linux, so I came back to win7... Then a little birdie spoke in my ear... "Plug it into a USB HUB"... Vola!!! Suddenly Win7 recognized it...

It's working, but now I have to install a Miner that it is compatible with... I've been using GUIMiner but don't seem to be able to run it in that system... So, I've downloaded CGMiner and installed the proper Drivers for that system... Got those at zadig.com

Well, now I need only install CGMiner and configure everything... Thanks!

NOTE: After I changed the Drivers to that, which I got at zadig, I unplugged the RedFury from the USB HUB and plugged it directly into my computer and now, Win7 sees and recognises it... Works great! No more Error 43...

Hope this is helpful :-)

Darryl

any linux distro will not need drivers to communicate with the red/blue/greenfury sticks. they show up in /dev as /dev/ttyACM# on debian/ubuntu

then to start bfgminer from say ~/repos/bfgminer/

would be sudo ./bfgminer -c /path/to/saved/config.conf -S bigpic:/dev/ttyACM#

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
BigDook

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:19:17 AM

Hey, a few quick questions.

1 - I recently just bought a RedFury.   I'm assuming this is the place to ask about support?  Despite the thread topic is BlueFury, i see posts about the RF too.   Whats the difference between the 2?

2 - Am i OK to flash my RF with the firmware on page1 of this thread?  Just wanna confirm.

3 - Finally, my main issue.  I've got the RF plugged into the rear USB port on a computer, and used the ZIAG? driver installer, which worked fine.  I then fire up CGMiner and enter my pool details....all good.  It starts hashing away happily.  I have a USb fan on it, and the heatsink is pretty cool (can tell when the fans not on as it gets real hot).

The hashrate hovers from 2.0 to 2.5, which i'm happy with, but after about 20-30mins, i notice it starts to drop down, and then eventually will stop at 0.00, and not move.  If i stop/restart cgminer, it restarts again happily, but then slowly drops down again after the 20-30mins.

This an known issue?  Any suggestions?

Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44]
  Print  

Jump to: