Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:28:47 PM

Yeah did that took a bunch of 1 coin blocks and moved them to make 1k coin blocks

Can you describe this procedure on the TEKcoin wallet? Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:28:36 AM

Yeah did that took a bunch of 1 coin blocks and moved them to make 1k coin blocks

See the tutorial section of this article http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:40:09 AM

Working on getting multi-wallet functionality running on the wallet. I am using what Tranz did to the HoboNickels source as a guide. There are some complex differences that this adds to the wallet code, and I might have to release a beta version for people to test out and find bugs with once I have a functioning framework going.

I am also working on getting a secure environment for the recent patch from dyoungii.

Hopefully things will go as planned.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:34:36 AM

See the tutorial section of this article http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Thanks. That's pretty clear, but I assume I'm to send the coins to one of my receiving addresses?
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:44:56 PM

Thanks. That's pretty clear, but I assume I'm to send the coins to one of my receiving addresses?

You can send them to any address you want including the address they are already held in.

MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:54:49 PM

Can we get an updated Windows download that doesn't have problems with the blkindex0001.dat and synching issues? I got it to work eventually, but a new user may not have such luck. The temporary makeshift Mac download is not in binary form, as google drive has it downloadable as individual files only. I could in theory download every source file and tweak the file types and then compile, but that would take a long time. Usually google drive has a download option, but not like this . (Or I'm an idiot and am missing something obvious.)

Can't complain too much, though. The TEK community is doing great work, and I agree this coin has much long-term potential. There are many seasoned crypto users here, which is great to see. Lots of eyes on the code, like dyoungii really digging deep. Tranz's pioneering work on the HBN wallet is invaluable. Presstab is going above and beyond, and thundertoe is on the cutting edge as always. Seriously, keep up the great work everyone. I know I'm not the only one with serious plans for this coin.

Cheers!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:02:12 PM

Can we get an updated Windows download that doesn't have problems with the blkindex0001.dat and synching issues? I got it to work eventually, but a new user may not have such luck. The temporary makeshift Mac download is not in binary form, as google drive has it downloadable as individual files only. I could in theory download every source file and tweak the file types and then compile, but that would take a long time. Usually google drive has a download option, but not like this . (Or I'm an idiot and am missing something obvious.)

Can't complain too much, though. The TEK community is doing great work, and I agree this coin has much long-term potential. There are many seasoned crypto users here, which is great to see. Lots of eyes on the code, like dyoungii really digging deep. Tranz's pioneering work on the HBN wallet is invaluable. Presstab is going above and beyond, and thundertoe is on the cutting edge as always. Seriously, keep up the great work everyone. I know I'm not the only one with serious plans for this coin.

Cheers!
Since I am hosting the binaries for Monero on Google Drive, I could do the same for TEKcoin. Would that kind of architecture help? http://bit.ly/monerostarterpack

(I should be able to buy some TEKcoin in two days, I hope)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:13:17 PM

Cheers!

I can do an updated release on github that will have a new exe for windows. I have been working with Tranz to fine tune the details so that it will be more secure. For now I will add in checkpoints.

MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Cheers!

I can do an updated release on github that will have a new exe for windows. I have been working with Tranz to fine tune the details so that it will be more secure. For now I will add in checkpoints.
Great! No hurry, as I know this kind of work takes time. Better to have a top-quality release when it's ready than a haphazard release too soon.  Smiley
MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

Cheers!
Since I am hosting the binaries for Monero on Google Drive, I could do the same for TEKcoin. Would that kind of architecture help? http://bit.ly/monerostarterpack

(I should be able to buy some TEKcoin in two days, I hope)

As long as it's downloadable as a single .app or .dmg file, then it should be fine as a temporary solution. No big deal, though. I don't mind waiting for an official OSX release. Most of my wallets are on linux and windows, and if a mac user wants it badly enough, then he can VM or compile it.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:18:39 PM

As long as it's downloadable as a single .app or .dmg file, then it should be fine as a temporary solution. No big deal, though. I don't mind waiting for an official OSX release. Most of my wallets are on linux and windows, and if a mac user wants it badly enough, then he can VM or compile it.
If I am provided a single app, I will host a single app Smiley

Just contact me when something is ready.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:39:34 PM

Great! No hurry, as I know this kind of work takes time. Better to have a top-quality release when it's ready than a haphazard release too soon.  Smiley

The way I understand it, the current working version comments out the block's signature check in the primary block check function. This opens up the room for manipulation of block information for anyone that is using a client built with this part commented out.

We are trying to come up with a solution that still allows syncing but also is secure.  So releasing an exe now would put the user at risk for that particular build.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:18:42 PM

Good news I got the client to sync without having the checkblocksignature commented out. Had to update the whole source code to a newer system of checking the block signature though.

Got some more testing to do and will try to wrap up the update in the next day or so.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

Do we agree there is no reason for me to open up my wallet if I know that none of my coins are more than 29 days old? Or does opening it earlier helps accumulating weight?

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:27:49 PM

Do we agree there is no reason for me to open up my wallet if I know that none of my coins are more than 29 days old? Or does opening it earlier helps accumulating weight?

The only benefit would be helping the network by adding another peer. But yes no bonus coin weight from doing so.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

The only benefit would be helping the network by adding another peer. But yes no bonus coin weight from doing so.
Perfect answer. Thanks.

Katarina00

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:31:42 PM

Nice tutorial!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

I am going to need someone with mature blocks that are ready to stake to try the updated version of the source code I have compiled. I made some small changes to the staking process and need to make sure that it works. I would do this myself, but I don't have any aged blocks. Let me know and I will send you a link to the windows exe.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:09:18 PM

I am going to need someone with mature blocks that are ready to stake to try the updated version of the source code I have compiled. I made some small changes to the staking process and need to make sure that it works. I would do this myself, but I don't have any aged blocks. Let me know and I will send you a link to the windows exe.

I can guinea pig. I have tek running in a win8 x64 vmx with current stake weight over 300 and more maturing tommorrow. If it sends me back in time, eats my coins, or loses an extraneous sock in the dryer...I'm coming for you! lol
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:20:42 PM

Spread the word

https://twitter.com/TEKcoins

http://www.reddit.com/r/TEKCoins/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: