Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

i am having this issue and i do not know why

the date and transaction are lapping on top of each other

http://prntscr.com/3h8fuj

any idea how to fix it?

I have the same problem :-( No solution yet.

I will check out the width of the columns in the source code see if I can make a quick fix.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cazze

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:44:09 PM

higher interest rate: yes cent

why was coin created: I had already done the scrypt concept with HBN and Tranz took that over (awesome! i knew it was better off in his hands. looks like i made a good call  Smiley ) and wanted to work on the next project along the same lines but push the stake concept more and try sha256.

Why sha? At the time it was in concept and released Asic was just coming down in price enough to put them in a lot of hands,(erupters and blades etc just getting to the price point of massive adoption) and there wasn't many sha coins to pick from(aug/sept).

Energy efficiency has changed since for all the mining gears, however TEKs design is such that the  PoS can move the chain efficiently and keep it secure. If you watch the profitability of mining TEK it almost always stays lower than btc, and if it jumps higher it wont stay long.

TEK doesnt need alot of hashpower to be secure, you cant 51% with hash alone on a PoS coin. You cant lock the chain of tek with large PoW miner drop off, or with a sudden massive increase like a multipool hitting it. Its been done and it was not an issue when it happened.
Thank you Thundertoe for these informations. I did not know you are the one behind HBN. Unfortunately, I cannot compile the wallet and the binaries do not work on Manjaro Linux neither. I resorted to fire up a Windows XP VM.

I would like to get some TEK, I see a great future for this coin. Unfortunately, I am broke at the moment (plus, I do not know where to buy TEK). Any faucet or giveway? If I manage to get some BTC, where could I buy TEK? (found it)
My TEK address is: BZ5TBTR9L5uRL97kqYkvqMyzbhfK4fsojF

Thank you!

(by the way, I already directed someone looking for good coins to TEK)

I had no problem compiling TEK-V1.1 on arch linux with qt5.
greffd888

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:48:05 PM

i can donate 200 tek for the richlist
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:02:16 PM

TEK, an investment protected by blockchain and guns!  Grin

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
greffd888

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

Wow heavy movement on TEK Front  I like it . Website it's almost ready . It's simple for presentation but better then none at all . Soon a custom TEK Reddit & TEK Twitter Promo .
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

TEK, an investment protected by blockchain and guns!  Grin

lmao

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:36:17 PM

Once explorer is up so I can check existing balance on that address I'll send some TEK, unwillingly though since I think 1500 TEK is a ripoff.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I will put up the explorer soon (still have other jobs in queue but realistically 2-3 days it should be up).

The reasons I'm asking some contribution are as follow:

• I currently am not an investor in TEK (bought 200 earlier this week, don't even have my wallet setup yet Shocked ).  The 1500 TEK would make me one and give me an incentive to make this work.
  • 1500 TEK would help cover the server cost for about 6 months. Prices varies so it could be more, could be less.  The point is that as a community, everyone should invest in that part, at least, as it's a service everyone uses
  • Those 1500 TEK is my entry point in the community, I'm not a dumper, rather I believe in building a strong offer for the coins I invest time in, and increasing it's value over time.  I obviously put more time and efforts in the coins I believe have a future and that I find interesting.  TEK is one of them so I look forward to be here for the long run. Helping the way I can.

Remember that you are not required to donate anything,  If you do, you are helping with the actual costs of hosting the explorer.  

One last thing, I am currently working on new features for the HoboNickels explorer http://hbn.blockx.info (still in development, it will put online at that address once completed), once everything is finished those features will be pushed to TEK's explorer.  I believe it's going to be awesome, but that's just me Tongue

Thanks to all that are contributing towards the bounty. I'm excited to join this community Smiley

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:52:29 PM

Image search for TEK revealed some early investors!

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:11:11 PM

Once explorer is up so I can check existing balance on that address I'll send some TEK, unwillingly though since I think 1500 TEK is a ripoff.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I will put up the explorer soon (still have other jobs in queue but realistically 2-3 days it should be up).

The reasons I'm asking some contribution are as follow:

• I currently am not an investor in TEK (bought 200 earlier this week, don't even have my wallet setup yet Shocked ).  The 1500 TEK would make me one and give me an incentive to make this work.
  • 1500 TEK would help cover the server cost for about 6 months. Prices varies so it could be more, could be less.  The point is that as a community, everyone should invest in that part, at least, as it's a service everyone uses
  • Those 1500 TEK is my entry point in the community, I'm not a dumper, rather I believe in building a strong offer for the coins I invest time in, and increasing it's value over time.  I obviously put more time and efforts in the coins I believe have a future and that I find interesting.  TEK is one of them so I look forward to be here for the long run. Helping the way I can.

Remember that you are not required to donate anything,  If you do, you are helping with the actual costs of hosting the explorer.  

One last thing, I am currently working on new features for the HoboNickels explorer http://hbn.blockx.info (still in development, it will put online at that address once completed), once everything is finished those features will be pushed to TEK's explorer.  I believe it's going to be awesome, but that's just me Tongue

Thanks to all that are contributing towards the bounty. I'm excited to join this community Smiley

Ahhhh I am happy to have Unick on board.  Got to know Unick quite well when we wrote articles on wiki.hobonickels.info together.

About the squished recent transactions display.  This doesn't happen on my machine but I think it might stem from this commit  https://github.com/presstab/TEK/commit/875d0a4622c20df1b87e6e0f78d24f9b293c414d

Just changed hotels and the WiFi charge is insane.  Might not be able to get a fix for a day or two.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:13:50 PM

Grin this is from http://upnorthtrips.com/tagged/Tek/chrono

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:47:42 PM

Lol, all those pictures are pretty funny ... now back to work Tongue

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:07:57 PM

Any ideas for a possible "1 million TEK minted" promo or contest?

"blocks" : 349742,
"moneysupply" : 782820.19270300,

getting there when? any guesses.. maybe that should be the contest hehe
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

About the squished recent transactions display.  This doesn't happen on my machine but I think it might stem from this commit  https://github.com/presstab/TEK/commit/875d0a4622c20df1b87e6e0f78d24f9b293c414d

Just changed hotels and the WiFi charge is insane.  Might not be able to get a fix for a day or two.

I did a quick wifi tether from my phone to upload a quick fix to the squished transaction text. I replaced the download from the release page with the new download. I expanded the width on the text box area and hopefully this should fix it, it doesn't happen on my machine so I can't really test it.

So just go back to the release page and download the new exe https://github.com/presstab/TEK/releases/tag/v1.1

I will be in and out of contact until saturday because I am a groomsman at a wedding. Have fun teking!

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:13:57 PM

I did a quick wifi tether from my phone to upload a quick fix to the squished transaction text. I replaced the download from the release page with the new download. I expanded the width on the text box area and hopefully this should fix it, it doesn't happen on my machine so I can't really test it.

It seems to me "Overview" tab contains two boxes ("Wallet" and "Recent transactions") and each box has width set as 50% of tab width. No matter
how much I resize let's say Bitcoin wallet those two boxes are always equaly wide and left side of "Recent transactions" box is located at the middle
of tab. Inside source-code, can you set width as percentage, not pixels?

Code:
<widget class="QFrame" name="frame_2">
  <property name="minimumSize">
    <size>
      <width>50%</width>
      <height>0</height>
    </size>
  </property>

No clue really, just guessing.

dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:40:51 PM

Block Explorer Bounty address BVHMuf41bXasvkVYXRv3MkRK6YwX62Ko1S

Here's a hundred.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:21:28 AM

I had no problem compiling TEK-V1.1 on arch linux with qt5.
Could you give me your command line? Ideally in a format like this one (I am the author, this is for monero):
Code:
cd ~ && wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3ggvs8zife27dj/install_boost.sh && chmod +x ./install_boost.sh && ./install_boost.sh && sudo apt-get install git -y && sudo apt-get install cmake -y && git clone git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git && cd bitmonero && mkdir build && make
That is a command line that is fool-proof, because all of it is inside.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:43:02 AM

According to you, what is better:

Investing at just-dice.com (last year, it was 56% interest)
Buying TEKcoins?
I feel like TEKcoin is better, but looks too good to be true. Plus, just-dice.com had this awaka incident were people lost a lot of money, but since then some barriers have been installed so that it could not happen again.

Of course you will be biased. And I expect an answer like "divide between the two and check after one year or even a month", but if you could give me some more arguments (one way or another); I'd be happy to read them.

Thank you
(I should get my monthly 100 euros for crypto in one week)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:54:24 AM

Tekcoin's compound annual interest rate is over 6300%. Hardly seems like a tough decision at all.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:02:23 AM

Tekcoin's compound annual interest rate is over 6300%. Hardly seems like a tough decision at all.
Isn't there risk it runs out of control?

Plus, why isn't everyone on his dog buying TEKcoin?

I will put my euros in TEKcoin, I think.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:07:31 AM

Isn't there risk it runs out of control?

I will put my euros in TEKcoin, I think.

The coin seems very well put together on both the PoW & PoS sides. I hit it with 10 th/s regularly and it seems to be very well regulated, with rapidly rising difficulty. While there are always risks involved, I consider Tek to be a below average crypto risk with an enormous upside. The fairly lengthy coin maturity(30 days) and relative obscurity have kept Tek out of the spotlight(till now) which has allowed me to build a healthy stack at much lower levels.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: