Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams  (Read 12149 times)
GlennChristopher

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:44:37 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
yes you are right most ico's are scams and also that is why DYOR so you

don't get scammed simple as that..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:48:40 PM

I do not agree with this view of you because a lot of ICO campaigns are scam at the moment, but it's only about 30% of ICO campaigns in the market. It may be because you choose a nonpotential ICO that leads to a negative view of the market. Because all ICOs I join is very potential and profitable. Accordingly, it can be said that the potential ICO selection is essential.

aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:51:58 PM

It is too radical pessimistic forecast. I believe that 1-2% of new ICO projects can achieve future success. There is real number of ICO that I hope will be successful and gives us new hopes of crypto world development.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:59:54 PM

Currently there are many ico that failed because their sales results did not reach the target. there maybe some reasons but if the token sales reaches hardcap it will make ico project potentially become a successful ico. In my opinion only 50% if for 80% it is too much.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:07:31 AM

This is why there are so many reasons why social media block crypto services on their platforms, even they themselves do not know the ratio of ICO to be successful and vice versa, there needs to be a special project to accommodate them all to become a trusted ICO/platform that really pays attention to things details

the main problem at this time is the rating is not very effective, at least there should be a commitment fee between the developer and escrower.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:17:13 AM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Will Maybe all of this your statement and researches is true,because mostly all ICO project platform thats already happen now,maybe we could not directly said to them a scam but as your said its divided into 6 groups,and maybe thats the one things happen now into two of my bounty campaign and ICO joined,first they asking an KYC ,but in the end you can gain nothing,while in other side theres other they give your token,but theres no trading exchange that we can make a transaction.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
cryptoyosh

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:49:14 AM

Agree than 80% or even more ICO are scam!  You need to choose ICO who have been analyzed with due diligence by analysts. CryptoCompass is displaying ICO projects at presale stage with good entries. They don’t pool but agree on exclusivity directly with the ICO team. So no additional risk from the investor side.

their new ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3178063.new#new    

website to claim access : https://www.crypto-compass.io/
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:57:15 AM

I wouldn't say that 80% of ICOs are scams but there are a lot of under performing ICOs which people end up calling scams but in reality they just have a team that can not deliver on their promises.  Always research in the team before investing in any ICO. 
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:18:09 AM

Unfortunatly that's how the ICO market looks like at the moment. Unregulated and too easy for anyone to create a nice whitepaper, website and an ANN. Pretend that you have a great product that are completly revolutionary and you can easily raise $10 mill.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

DYOR people ...
Well that's somehow not surprising because ICOs received a lot of hype last year. The upsurge of the price of bitcoin last year made a lot of people invest in anything at all thinking that the trading price will be huge and they'll overearn. That also motivated a lot of people to come up with 'shitty' projects just to get investors money and that made them run away. But it seems the tables are turning this year. The price of bitcoin has been reduced by a very high percentage off its record high, and there's no hype. Twitter, Facebook and Google are also going to ban advertisement for ICOs so i think this year the ICOs that shall stand will be highly succesful. Because people will think twice about investing, and also very few people will be investing.
And by the way, every research is subject to delimitations, the result is highly affected by the type and number of ICOs selected. We need more research on such things to draw a logical conclusion.
sneakycoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Why is everyone getting at ICOs forgetting about the 'scams' that existed for ages? I mean all kinds of investment and gambling. Yes, for me they've got much in common, and I'm not averse to either.

Investing is always risky and always calls for analysis. If you are not able to analyze, don't turn your hand to ICOs, trading, gambling or anything including an element of uncertainty.

Make a bank deposit and earn your modest 1-5% a year.
cupCoins

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:46:48 AM

According to this logic, it turns out that 20 percent are successful. This is in my opinion a pretty good percentage for startups))
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

I'm not surprised with that ratio, and actually thought it was something closer to 90% being scams are failures and only 10% getting listed on an exchange.  ICOs carry the largest risks in an already high-risk crypto world.  It's also why they can be the highest rewards, with 5x as soon as they hit an exchange.  The best investors could filter out all the junk ICOs.
Revi250cc (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:13:48 PM

Yes they are, and they are making mess at the crypto market, people are confused and governments are worried.

So true. All my friends now think that "crypto currency is a scam" and I can't even
Revi250cc (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

if a scam is a whitepaper that will never happen you can assume 90% are scams or greater regardless of their intentions. The teams are unrealistic at best or outright scammers at worst. I would say eventually investors will be terrified to go near anything that is not almost complete.

Yeah I totally agree. Do you think that regulations are coming? I mean do you think eventually it will work like the venture capital world works? It would be hard for a scam business to get investors... how is this different I wonder.

Thank you, good sir Smiley
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

I think 95% of the ico is fraud, which is to defraud the investor's money, and then increase the encryption price, and investors buy more expensive encryption to lose money.

Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

I think 95% of the ico is fraud, which is to defraud the investor's money, and then increase the encryption price, and investors buy more expensive encryption to lose money.

With this post, i understood that you are just a guy who joined this forum to shit post, you clearly do not even know anything about cryptos.

"encryption" you clearly meant "cryptos"

Just that you do not know how to write it.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Revi250cc (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

This is why ICOs are getting banned on social media platforms and ads. It is just a shame that even good and legit ICOs are getting affected by these scammers. They are destroying a good platform for new businesses. That is why I agree if ICO gets regulated to at least restrain some scammers. I know scammers cannot be stopped from doing ICO scams but at least it can be lessened.

I agree with you sir!! now i'm interested to know how will ICOs get regulated?? Doesn't regulation require centralization? where can I go to get news about this?
iAMawi123

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 04:42:00 PM

Yes almost the entirety of projects relies on ICO in order to gain either huge or small amount of money. Some use it in order to contribute to their project and do it for in a good cause. Others, run away with it bringing the money of the investors and sooner or lately will abandon the project. These kinds of ICOs destroys projects who have good intentions. They might be victims in a "crossfire" and people will avoid them if ever.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
leynuuuh

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

DYOR people ...
For me, not 80%, let's just say at least 20% of ICOs I joined was scam. I'm just new when it comes to bounty campaign, out of the 3 campaigns I joined, 1 of them did not pay. I don't know, every people has their own experience. But my friend told me and this forum to study the project if it will be successful and it is active then you must choose a good bounty manager.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: