Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams  (Read 12149 times)
sergikrnd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:40:53 AM

I often select ico projects, as well as bounty companies and confirm, unfortunately, this statistics. Many projects do not reach the exchange

ORVIUM Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』 Powered By Blockchain
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:00:14 AM

I think most ICOs are NOT scams, they are just too ambitious and overestimate their capability to deliver roadmap milestones. After they fail to meet deadlines, people immediately start calling them a scam. The thing with development is that many factors and unpredictable obstacles can delay a project by months (look at Stratis for ex).

Running away with other people's money is not that easy. Most ICOs are transparent when it comes to teams..they have verifable Linked profiles and scammed users can find ways to locate them wherever they are in the world. What I'm trying to say is that there are scams and then there are just plain bad ICOs. 80% of ICOs ARE bad nowdays, but not every one of them is a scam.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1343

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

I don't agree with you , 80% is too much . I'm more inclined to 40 % ...

I think 80% is very much, in reality about 30%, but even this figure is quite large. It is necessary to study the project very well before joining it, so it is also good to follow the progress of the ico, so that in case of poor pre-sale fees, do not waste your time on this project.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:53:01 AM

I think most ICOs are NOT scams, they are just too ambitious and overestimate their capability to deliver roadmap milestones. After they fail to meet deadlines, people immediately start calling them a scam. The thing with development is that many factors and unpredictable obstacles can delay a project by months (look at Stratis for ex).

Running away with other people's money is not that easy. Most ICOs are transparent when it comes to teams..they have verifable Linked profiles and scammed users can find ways to locate them wherever they are in the world. What I'm trying to say is that there are scams and then there are just plain bad ICOs. 80% of ICOs ARE bad nowdays, but not every one of them is a scam.
You correctly specified, it is really so. When investing, there is always the risk of remaining without the money that you invested in the project, but it will be really hard for scammers to hide with money, because they may be behind bars. Therefore, for them, this is also a big risk.
zvezdopad

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:20:59 AM

It seems to me that the scam of projects is less than 80%.  A lot of not successful projects.  And very few projects that achieve soft cap.
pakole69

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:42:04 AM

I think that you are exaggerating too much and in fact such projects are many times less. there are really a lot of good projects

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
spopovss

Activity: 672

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:53:38 AM

I invest only in those projects that are on icodrops, in projects where a large HYIP, I do x2 and sell everything. This is the best tactic today.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
4ernuy

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 11:56:47 AM

This is a complete nonsense, I do not know where this statistic came from, but there are much more successful projects. What is meant by a scam, this can not be true.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Nabilog

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:59:58 AM

Most like yes. If you plan to invest just do some research for the ICO you want to invest with. THere many legit ICOs in the market.
SHawk

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:02:53 PM

I agree with you that there are so many scam icos in the crypto community recently but there are certainly still some good and genuine ones. It only require a lot of patience and research work to be done when searching for one to invest in to avoid being scammed.
hlopchik3000

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:03:13 PM

More than 80%! Most projects except the site and the whitepaper have nothing. And from the others there are also scamers. So the figure is quite large
cedrixperez

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:06:50 PM

I doubt if 80% of ico's are scams maybe a half ico but not 80% and probably the 40% of projects are failed cause they didn't reached their softcap just always be aware from the scammers and check the company and members if they're legit.
Melech

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:07:04 PM

I am sure that 80% ICO are not fraud. But most ICO in the current realities of the market will be a failure. From an investor's point of view, scam and failure are fundamentally different things, since scam is difficult to determine using the analysis of the project because false information is provided.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
alexhunter54

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:14:16 PM

Yes sure a lot icos are scams but problem its not at scam icos but at people who invest without searching, if u remember just week ago TRUE USD listed at binance and they pump it, they just buy like blind people.
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:31:24 PM

Personally, I fully agree, in fact about 80 percent of all ICO is a Scam. Only a few ICO projects survive and can become quite good projects.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

yes,i agree that some of ICO project coming out now in the market  is consist of scam,but if stated that 80% of  them is scam,i thinks its over exaggerated and below the belt statement,because even  in myself  i experienced  scam,but i still believe that there so many legit ICO project that there purpose is real and make a great investment into the world of cryptocurrency,so even theres a rampant scam ICO now,but i still believe that theres still more good ICO project better than fraud.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Delfintor

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Yes, there are a lot of scam projects now.  And therefore I advise you to be careful.  And now it is very risky to invest in ICO.
dmgrinko1@gmail.com

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:58:49 PM

In fact, it's even good. Thanks to this, we can learn to select a project qualitatively and invest. I would not find such projects as Remme, if in the stream of promises to make money I did not have to screen out bad projects and the market would be too fabulous and we know that this is not possible. Let's just believe that our analysis will allow us to earn a lot of money on projects that are really worth their money, or even undervalued, and among them I can give a variant of the Remme project and its approach to solving real problems of real users. A good product always helps us to distinguish fraud from real projects with serious intentions and I believe in Remme
SanchoBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:00:30 PM

Yes this is true. Now it is very difficult to find a good project. I already lost a lot of money on this. But if I find a good project, it gives me a very good profit. Need to find.
gusardrakyla

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:34:06 PM

Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Yes, it is very sad, but we should not in any case panic and lose trust to each ICO. There are still a lot of good ones, I am sure of it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: