Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Source Avalon Gen2 55nm Board  (Read 35869 times)
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:46:03 PM

Are u gonna publish that as opensource to ? after you have your sales completed i would like to start my own but to little knowledge on this moment

This is already a opensource design long time ago.

https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon2-ref

and now we moved all binary document to :

http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3255/prototype/

It's fairly stable now.

I just put 2 prototype on our shop, at a very high price (6BTC for 140G , really high), and out of stock in a few minutes. We have no plan to make more of them at present.

Because we met unpredictable delays on Gen1 chips, so we avoided pre-order model forever. our "in stock" supply ability is over 1PH pre month now, so there's nothing to worry about.

for out-China customers, here is our overseas chip agent:

World wide sales agent:
ELEN Technology Limited.,
Email: eric_chen@elen-tech.com
Phone: +(852)31658617
FAX:+(852)30071717
Address: Rm.,604,Treasure Center, 42 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong,  Kln. HongKong

Note: Chips only , NO machines available. Accept USD ONLY.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:53:22 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 06:06:16 PM by Wesly

Create a blade which can be used to replace a current one in an avalon and sell it at a price which leaves a 20-30% earning margin to the buyer and you can probably sell six thousands of such blades in a few hours...

That's the impossible part. Everybody has a different idea of what the price should be to "leave 20-30% earning margin". And if you want to satisfy most potential buyers, the price has to be such that the vendor has to sell at loss.

Look: a Avalon 55nm chip at 1.5Gh/s delivered about 2 weeks from today would probably not mine more than 0.060-0.070 BTC during its entire lifetime (most people would agree). If you want to leave 20-30% earning margin, it means the vendor would have to sell at less than 0.046-0.058 BTC per chip. But the chip alone costs 0.060 BTC from Bitsyncom...
Am I missing something Avalon's website says 500 gen2 for 12BTC.
So 12/500 = .024 BTC per chip?

I didn't realize these chips have built-in Wifi Internet and come ready to daisy-chain to each other and power directly by 110V/220V AC outlet all while self-cooling to below 50 °C.  I am ordering 50,000 of these magical chips right away!

what are you smoking? Obviously the chips need to be part of a system, just like the gen1 chips and chips made by every other manufacturer.

I would like to know how much will the PCB board (or boards) cost?  Turnaround to mount the chips?  Firmware tested?  Type of Power supply?  controller?  By the time you are hashing, the difficulty will have grown another 100% and you will be lucky to break even when you can hold or buy bitcoin and wait for it to appreciate.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:58:31 PM

I would like to know how much will the PCB board (or boards) cost?  Turnaround to mount the chips?  Firmware tested?  Type of Power supply?  controller?  By the time you are hashing, the difficulty will have grown another 100% and you will be lucky to break even when you can hold or buy bitcoin and wait for it to appreciate.

You asked a very good question. Let me answer this question for you. Though stupid scammer ngzhang tries his best, he can only design a chip at the shit level. This will make your PCB and IC cost times higher than effective chips. Good luck to order chips from scammer.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Wesly

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:18:30 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 08:13:42 PM by Wesly

It's fairly stable now.

Fairly?  So it should work "most" of the time?

I just put 2 prototype on our shop, at a very high price (6BTC for 140G , really high), and out of stock in a few minutes. We have no plan to make more of them at present.

Very high price?  High profit?  Even reusing existing parts (case, power, etc.) from Gen1 Mini, a 96-chip (2.3BTC in chips alone) 140 GH unit cost 6 BTC?  KnC just sold 140Gh ASIC expansion module (with PCB and $100 worth of VRM) for 2.8 BTC..  the November batch of KnC Juipter was selling for under 13 BTC (13 BTC if you add the cost of PSU) just before they were sold out.  It is guarantee to run at 550 GH or better or 3.3 BTC per 140 GH.  They have better power efficiency and higher density.  And that's not even close to as good as it gets, 3.3 BTC for 140GH is today's price, but BTC/GH is dropping quickly as difficulty rises with HashFast coming out next month and CoinTerra next year.  How can Avalon Gen2 compete?

Because we met unpredictable delays on Gen1 chips, so we avoided pre-order model forever. our "in stock" supply ability is over 1PH pre month now, so there's nothing to worry about.

Unpredictable?  So it is not your fault then?  Let's face it, because you screwed all Gen1 chips buyers over, nobody is ever going to buy pre-order from you guys anymore.  Therefore you really don't have a choice but to pay for these useless chips out of your stolen money and hope newer sucker will buy from you.  Why else would you be here to drum up more business if the chips are selling so well?  You can spin it however you want, but the truth is you are on the hook for all these chips that you have to prepaid for because you screwed people over on Gen1 and not because you want to provide better customer service.

You forgot to mention your no Bullshit, no refund policy.  Ironically you are so full of Bullshit.  So how much will it cost and how long it will take to build a complete working machine based on your chips?  I say save your money and distribute your remaining Gen2 chips inventory to all Gen1 chip buyers to get some goodwill, otherwise you and your company is doomed.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:25:38 PM

It's fairly stable now.

You forgot to mention your no Bullshit, no refund policy.  Ironically you are so full of Bullshit.  So how much will it cost and how long it will take to build a complete working machine based on your chips?  I say save your money and distribute your remaining Gen2 chips inventory to all Gen1 chip buyers to get some goodwill, otherwise you and your company is doomed.

I think marto74 will soon be able to answer this question.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:58:16 PM

I see avalon chips that are cheaper then 10$

Probably Avalon 110nm. We are talking about 55nm chips here.

12BTC for a reel of 500. At $350/BTC, that's $8.40 per chip.

My bad. I didn't see the recent price decrease for a reel (was selling for 30 BTC).
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:32:13 PM

Since low to 12BTC the price of BTC is double ... should lower it to 6 just to keep the same value.
Wesly

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 08:28:56 PM

Since low to 12BTC the price of BTC is double ... should lower it to 6 just to keep the same value.

Besides that, Avalon's Gen2 chips' value is depreciating rapidly along with the increasing difficulty.  Difficulty will double by the end of this month after KnC finished shipping their Nov Batch and probably again in one month when Hashfast released their Gen1/Gen2/Gen3 in rapid succession (Ciara capable of 1000 units a day).  I sure hope Avalon has Gen4 ready early next year, because at this stage, even if they come out with Gen3 (28nm), it won't be enough to compete with KnC.  The only way they can get back in the game is beat KnC and others to Gen4 and have a complete product ready-to-ship before anybody else.  With their history, it is a bit much to ask people to trust them and rely on mom-and-pop manufacturers to create a final product.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 11:19:28 PM

It's fairly stable now.

The first batch of our HEX16a2 is sold out.
You can still get some of the End of November shipment order

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Wesly

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:17:01 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 04:32:13 AM by Wesly

The first batch of our HEX16a2 is sold out.
You can still get some of the End of November shipment order

279,30€ for 24 GH/s?  At the current 300€ per bitcoin exchange rate, that's 0.93 bitcoin per 24 GH/s or 5.58 BTC for 6 HEX16A2 (96 chips) hashing at 144 GH/s.  Avalon's Gen2 96-chip Mini prototype priced at 6 BTC is not far off since it includes extras like the WiFi controller, case, fans and PSU.  Your board sells for double of what KnC charges for their 28nm "Gen3" 140GH expansion module.  Neither your HEX16A2 board nor KnC includes the cost of controller and PSU.   That just proves my point that it is impossible for Avalon to stay competitive with their Gen2 chips that cost 2.3 BTC for chips (96) alone to match the performance of just one KnC ASIC chip.  The gap is only going to get wider when HashFast ship their 400GH chip next month.  You will need half a reel of Avalon Gen2 chips (266) or 16.6 boards to match the performance of a single HashFast Golden Nonce ASIC chip.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

oh no, dear ng, I caught you lying again. The delays are not unexpected, it is absolutely planned. 5 ~6 months back, you are so arrogant, thinking that you have "control" on the network hashing rate. You thought if you ship in September the chip buyer will still earn their investment back. You have even told your dear friends, that "I will not let the first wave buyer cannot ROI." You missed the point whether you will deliver it on time, you just think the hash rate won't increase madly, so that your delaying is not a big problem. During that periods, the total net work hashing rate experienced inexplainable increase, while there are only ASICMINER, BFL and You have the asic, and the other two is far more transparent than your mysterious operation. It is highly likely that you mined with your clients' machine.

The delay is not unpredictable, it is intentional. You think the buyer will accept. You are the lowest rogue I have ever seen, without no consciousness in mind at all.

-----
ngzhang is a scammer. If you are not familiar with this guy, please see his trusting feedback. If you have been hurt by him, give him a negative feedback, it only spends you 20 seconds. The link is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=38132. Remember check the "negative feedback"

[/quote]

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:56:21 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 08:15:12 PM by AdamKD

Why hasn't the btcointalk.org forum given the whole Avalon team scammer tags by now?

Edit:  Just realized you can buy Avalon chips not through Avalon but through a distributor through USD:

World wide sales agent:
ELEN Technology Limited.,
Email: eric_chen@elen-tech.com
Phone: +(852)31658617
FAX:+(852)30071717
Address: Rm.,604,Treasure Center, 42 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong,  Kln. HongKong

wtf?  Probably cheaper than buying through USD on the Avalon site ... wow.  Or would the price have jumped a few hundred dollars with the recent BTC spike?

WTF would anyone, in their sane and right mind, buy off the Avalon website or from Tradehill?  Didn't tradehill have some kind of exclusivity with Avalon?  I thought it was advertised on their (Tradehill's) website but anything regarding 'exclusivity' isn't there anymore.
Rakessh

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:42:58 AM

Ngzhang, are you guys going to produce your own modules, or are you going to abandon the backwards compatibility idea?

We will release a few (very few) Avalon Gen2 Mini prototype on our shop in 1-2 days, this prototype will NOT mass production.

http://avalon-asics.com/shop/

(not put up yet)

It's basically based on our open-sourced design, 96 chips running at 1V/1.5GH, 144G overall speed. most of the parts are the same with Gen1 mini.

I think this is a start, it's easy to build upgrade modules for Gen1 machines.

But we will NOT produce compatible modules our self in large number, a lot of people can do it faster I think.

I see in your shop 5.5 Bitcoin for a 4 module miner, what drugs are you taking?

-
chloegeek

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:28:01 PM

Would love to see Gen2 boards being released for fitting into an Avalon Mini. This would make me super happy... Or just someone picking this up and running with it.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:52:24 AM

I received the two Gen 2 Mini Units today.

Ordered Thursday 14th. Waybill emailed and texted Friday the 15th and took delivery of units today November 18th 2013.

They two systems were simple to setup and pull 495 watts @ 120v.
Just below 140 GH/s performance.

The packaging was excellent and more than adequate.

I will give 1 hour and 1 day stat results.

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:53:16 AM

2 hour results.

Seems one of the systems rebooted 1 hour 40 mins in.
140GH/s 494watt @ 120v

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:13:51 AM

140GH/s 494watt @ 120v

All things considered, that is not very good for a Gen2 :/
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 05:33:34 AM

140GH/s 494watt @ 120v

Not very good at all considering that for that power consumption you can have 500+ GH with bitfury chips.

What I wish someone would do is build a clone of the Avalon blade but with bitfury chips. Naturally there would be considerable technical challenges with this (such as the fact that bitfury chips use a SPI bus, etc) but it would be a shame to waste the avalon chassis.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:08:43 AM

140GH/s 494watt @ 120v

Not very good at all considering that for that power consumption you can have 500+ GH with bitfury chips.

What I wish someone would do is build a clone of the Avalon blade but with bitfury chips. Naturally there would be considerable technical challenges with this (such as the fact that bitfury chips use a SPI bus, etc) but it would be a shame to waste the avalon chassis.
Hey,
you could easily run 10 Fury boards HEX16B with single tplink giving you 450 GH.  Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 07:37:49 AM

140GH/s 494watt @ 120v

Hey,
you could easily run 10 Fury boards HEX16B with single tplink giving you 450 GH.  Wink

True enough, but the idea is to be able to mount them _inside_ the avalon case. I wonder if one could string some of these HEX16B boards in a row (horizontally and essentially laid on its side so the heatsink is facing the flow of the avalon fan). Or just make a stack and turn it sideways and mount several stacks inside the avalon case.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: