Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch update  (Read 14067 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:53:44 PM

Just because BFL are a terrible asic company to do business with doesn't mean we should pigeon hole every other BTC Asic company as the same.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this ASIC company comparison at all.

With regard to stereotyping in general, what can I say. Nobody is perfect. Our life experiences shape who we are. But yeah, a little bit of "foot-in-mouth" due to having a degree of respect for Bick. If you've never been rudely shrugged off by a Quebecois IN MONTREAL because you lack the ability to speak French, and they refuse to speak English, then, well, I guess I'm the asshole...

Sorry for derailing this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 07:05:21 PM

Just because BFL are a terrible asic company to do business with doesn't mean we should pigeon hole every other BTC Asic company as the same.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this ASIC company comparison at all.

With regard to stereotyping in general, what can I say. Nobody is perfect. Our life experiences shape who we are. But yeah, a little bit of "foot-in-mouth" due to having a degree of respect for Bick. If you've never been rudely shrugged off by a Quebecois IN MONTREAL because you lack the ability to speak French, and they refuse to speak English, then, well, I guess I'm the asshole...

Sorry for derailing this thread.

I hate people who apologize for derailing threads.

~TMIBITW
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:53:08 PM

I hate people who apologize for derailing threads.

I hate people who... ahh... fuck it... Wink
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:01:55 AM

I hate people who hate people ergo I hate that I hate myself.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:10:07 AM

ROFL

KNC NEWS :::: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63

So BFL ... you get an Update ?
KNC too but knc think about an 16 / 20 nm Structur
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:48:15 AM

ROFL

"Currently almost 70% of all Bitcoins mined today are being created upon KnCMiner hardware, distributed to customers in over 120 countries globally." - KNC

Hmmm.... wonder what Josh would have to say about that?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Leehoya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:08:37 AM

With that time, i will never hit my ROI

BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

ROFL

"Currently almost 70% of all Bitcoins mined today are being created upon KnCMiner hardware, distributed to customers in over 120 countries globally." - KNC

"Butterfly Labs has shipped more units than all other ASIC manufacturers combined.  Twice over."

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

ROFL

"Butterfly Labs has shipped more units than all other ASIC manufacturers combined.  Twice over."

joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:41:25 AM

Here is Prototype #2

Seems like lots of little chips

BuckNaked

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:54:42 AM

Awarded to Butterfly Labs, 2013
"We make computer things to make your ship go."

They are "far from home" ...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:13:58 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 05:31:59 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

ROFL

Since this is a Monarch update thread, who here wants to hear a little story about HashTrade? You know, HashTrade, that new company that just placed a $1M USD down payment of a multi-million dollar Monarch order so that the little guys could mine without owning any Bitcoin mining equipment, for they'll be hosted elsewhere like, I don't know, maybe Missouri?

It's been all over the internet, and guess what? There's millions of smart people worldwide ready to get in on the action. Smart people like, I don't know, maybe like...

Geordie, me going give you Special Olympics hug!
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:30:24 AM

Is that Josh in the "snow" having his winter of discontent?

"Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of Sweden." - Josh

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:25:54 AM

Here is Prototype #2

You know what, seems like it will be their bitforce ASIC die shrunk, tweaked and tuned up running at probably closer to 1Ghz.... Which implies to me that they will have very few teething troubles with it, compared to a completely fresh design.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:30:47 AM

Here is Prototype #2

faux board image removed

You know what, seems like it will be their bitforce ASIC die shrunk, tweaked and tuned up running at probably closer to 1Ghz.... Which implies to me that they will have very few teething troubles with it, compared to a completely fresh design.

More junk... nice. Evidence to support that?

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:27:29 PM

Use your eyes and your math skills.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Bargraphics

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:34:45 PM

I'll just leave this here.....

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:39:26 PM

LOL!

Has it hashed?

Evidence... is not picture... we've been down that road with BFL remember?

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:00:54 PM

Be they ASICs or nay on that test board, the number and size will be the same, therefore same inferences may be drawn... i.e about half the size of 65nm chip, implying same number of logic elements at smaller node size, divide 600 Ghash by 48 chips, you get 12.5 Ghash/chip, which when 65nm is nominal 4-4.5Ghash at 270-300Mhz-ish implies same number of engines running at 3x the speed.

Bargraphics

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:06:50 PM

Be they ASICs or nay on that test board, the number and size will be the same, therefore same inferences may be drawn... i.e about half the size of 65nm chip, implying same number of logic elements at smaller node size, divide 600 Ghash by 48 chips, you get 12.5 Ghash/chip, which when 65nm is nominal 4-4.5Ghash at 270-300Mhz-ish implies same number of engines running at 3x the speed.

LOL what?

Did you not see what KnC did to test their modules?

I don't even like arguing about Butterfly Labs "Chips" based on their past records

Keep drawing your own conclusions though...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: