Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement  (Read 218396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:32:43 AM

Don't see how I can keep up with my cpu miners. I get 330CPM using yam on high end cpu's. I used to get 1 PTS a day and now it takes like 4 days. Wish this stayed a cpu only coin.

Latest version M gave a nice speed boost, make sure you are using the right one for your cpu.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VSym

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:59:16 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 02:27:00 PM by VSym

Don't see how I can keep up with my cpu miners. I get 330CPM using yam on high end cpu's. I used to get 1 PTS a day and now it takes like 4 days. Wish this stayed a cpu only coin.

i agree, even with 2* E5 2643 at 3,5 Ghz  i can´t beat my R9 270 which gives me about 1000 cpm...and needs less energy. Its pretty much worthless to mine with cpus.

thanks for the info about the new version, it is indeed much faster
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 02:25:27 PM

I think it's safe to say proto shares is completely dead  now due to the GPU miners?

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
gnarl

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:21:46 PM

I think it's safe to say proto shares is completely dead  now due to the GPU miners?

I think protoshares and the upcoming bitshares have finally made their coins a little more bot-proof by adding gpu. This should benefit the users/miners of the coin.

Its good to see the developers have stopped attacking gpu miners and are now allowing the coin to grow again, (without the help of large cpu botnets).
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:56:15 AM

Did bitcoin die when asics were announced? What about when gpus were first used?
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:02:29 AM

Well you's have now entered a stupid realm where CPU mining is no longer profitable, and GPU mining is less profitable than scrypt coins.

The result is that only the true believers and coin supporters and perhaps those who don't know how to do calculations will be left mining this coin.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
VSym

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:01:32 AM

Well you's have now entered a stupid realm where CPU mining is no longer profitable, and GPU mining is less profitable than scrypt coins.

The result is that only the true believers and coin supporters and perhaps those who don't know how to do calculations will be left mining this coin.

and all this combined with a low value makes it really unprofitable to mine....
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 08:04:03 PM

Did bitcoin die when asics were announced? What about when gpus were first used?

No, because it's bitcoin.

The only point of an altcoin is profitable mining. Now it's not profitable. So there's no point to it.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:10:22 PM

The only point of an altcoin is profitable mining. Now it's not profitable. So there's no point to it.
you are purely dillusion and have no concept of how it works around here do you?

Are miners the ones buying the currency? If its not profitable then miners hold value rises now viola its profitable again, magic?

Its the same thing as bitcoin.. There is always a crash after more effiient tech comes but the network becomes more secure as a result.. thats positive.

The low amount pts is positive and the fact that shares are given for every project is positive... Now if bitshares is what it claims to be then we are really undervalued.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:12:56 PM

PTS are not a random altcoin. Do you even know what you are mining? Smiley
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:15:02 PM

I think it's safe to say proto shares is completely dead  now due to the GPU miners?

PTS are not a random altcoin. Do you even know what you are mining? Smiley

Its not unheard of for people to be naive in their point of view, especially obviously coming from a miners perspective. Its normal for someone to think that there is only one path to a solution and not explore other paths in their mind, but its annoying to come onto the board and openly flame something which even as common sense would contradict the popular hindsight opinion of efficiency of mining in crypto currencies.. But to each his own, atleast he now knows and hopefully will learn.
brekyrself

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:45:36 AM

New wallet released fixing a lot of issues such as the seed nodes.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2995.0

Funny how people will hate on a coin where GPU miners are only 1.5-2.5x faster compared with CPU's!  Protoshares are much more then a coin and we will find out after the 28th with the release of BitShares.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:50:08 AM

Funny how people will hate on a coin where GPU miners are only 1.5-2.5x faster compared with CPU's!  Protoshares are much more then a coin and we will find out after the 28th with the release of BitShares.

Why static build? You think admins will like having to build dependencies over and over for multiple wallet nodes?

Have you considered a java cross platform installer that will install on osx/linux/windows using one installer? I did one for devcoin. using a web installer.

Will fees mess up tx between clients? is this a hard fork? If fees are less then old clients wont accept blocks mined with new clients?
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:07:53 AM

Funny how people will hate on a coin where GPU miners are only 1.5-2.5x faster compared with CPU's!  Protoshares are much more then a coin and we will find out after the 28th with the release of BitShares.

Why static build? You think admins will like having to build dependencies over and over for multiple wallet nodes?

Have you considered a java cross platform installer that will install on osx/linux/windows using one installer? I did one for devcoin. using a web installer.

Will fees mess up tx between clients? is this a hard fork? If fees are less then old clients wont accept blocks mined with new clients?

- Static build for Windows, mean one executable without additional mingw and qt dll's, everything inside.
- Like other coins (even Bitcoin) now BitShares-PTS has native NSIS based installer for Windows and native OSX installer, do you think java cross platform installer will be better?
- No hard fork, network fee was never changed, in previous version of Windows client it's was by default 0.01 PTS, now we fix it.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
brekyrself

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:10:26 AM

Great questions.  I would suggest posting on the BitShares forum as Invictus pays out handsome bounties to people who help develop their software.

Not that Testz did a bad job but the more help on this project the better!
Mkilbride

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:23:04 PM

Hey folks!

I've been reading around, and it appears that, I will have both Shares & PTS, so I could get my Shares Snapshot, then sell my PTS and still have my Shares?
testz
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:09:46 PM

Hey folks!

I've been reading around, and it appears that, I will have both Shares & PTS, so I could get my Shares Snapshot, then sell my PTS and still have my Shares?

Yes.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Mkilbride

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

Well that seems nice, I sent my PTS to the new wallet a few hours ago - haven't arrived yet, but after that, would it be safe to sellt hem or whatnot? How do I know a snapshot has been taken?
testz
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:50:12 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 08:21:43 PM by testz

Well that seems nice, I sent my PTS to the new wallet a few hours ago - haven't arrived yet, but after that, would it be safe to sellt hem or whatnot? How do I know a snapshot has been taken?

This will be announced here https://bitsharestalk.org/
But if you wait for 2 March you will be safe.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Kato

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:36:24 AM

Does anybody know if there is a specific time at which the wallets need to hold Bitshares-PTS to get an allocation to Bitshares? Just wondering when I need to make sure the PTS is tied up there. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: