Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:39:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171795 times)
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:06:17 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 01:48:42 PM by extro24

PROPOSAL TO CREATE A DATACOIN GATEWAY ON RIPPLE

A Ripple Gateway is like an exchange, and we need NO PERMISSION, but does need some IT skills which should be available in the Datacoin community.  We can set up trading pairs for XRP/DTC, DTC/BTC, DTC/ETH etc.

Ripple seems to help you.  They have something like a support centre for gateways.

This would expose Datacoin to the thousands of users of the Ripple GateHub wallet.

I think this should be doable.  Dash recently did the same thing:  https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-create-the-first-dash-gateway-on-ripple.14721/

It is very easy to create a GateHub wallet - go to www.gatehub.net.

I have a fixed IP address (154.66.207.206).  I understand I have to set up a rippled server.  Anybody else have experience with this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:45:59 AM

OK, really WTF? WE have http://www.bytestamp.net/blocks/index block explorer, right?

Look at those 2 images:
 http://graymines.net/upload/dtc-be_494986a.png before
http://graymines.net/upload/dtc-be_494986b.png after
 some time, when good blocks on pool changed on bad blocks.
Even in block explorer blocks change.

1st I've checked when I saw info there is block explorer, left page opened few hours when I was busy in work,
now I checked same blocks again.... hashes differ. Even in block explorer hashes changed. Really? LOL.

How my pool can trust ANY blockchain source?Huh
How any miner can mine if ANY time blockchain can change without any known reason?

Is the network working at all? how many nodes are available? Was not there a dangerous blockchain fork?

Roll Eyes

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:02:14 PM

Is the network working at all? how many nodes are available? Was not there a dangerous blockchain fork?

Hi WGD,

We've been tracking 20 or better nodes for the last several months.
    The coinbase maturity is 3000 and I haven't witnessed any wipeouts due to reorganization.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
extro24

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:27:06 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 04:29:26 PM by extro24

I was going to write and post a short progress report but “partner support mode” has been engaged, so ... later.

Not unreasonably, I've been asked if I would care to elaborate on the meaning of “partner support mode” ... Ngaio has a LTMC, fibromyalgia. In direct consequence my primary role is now to support her, engaged at the drop of a hat (literally). Which is why I insistently style myself as a “contributor” and not a “dev”. My own LTMC is CAD, l survived an infarct over a decade ago. You know the old Queen track, “Waiting for the hammer to fall”? A favourite of mine.

Cheers

Graham

Sorry to hear that.  You need to drink regular glasses of red wine.  The Mediterranean diet and all that....  My uncle had a heart attack a few years ago, and he is basically being kept alive by raw garlic and liberal amounts of red wine.  Cleans out the arteries.

extro24

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

Hi WGD,

The coinbase maturity is 3000 and I haven't witnessed any wipeouts due to reorganization.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

I say we need to drastically reduce the number of confirmations needed.  All the coins are trying to increase transaction capacity and Datacoin is chugging along at 3000 confirmations.  I understand that it was probably to stop censorship via 51% attacks, but that is not our immediate concern.  We need adoption, and that means network speed.

So I am seriously proposing that we drop the number of confirmations needed to 6. 

We all think that the disappearance of the developer killed the coin.  But if there had been wider adoption other developers would have stepped forward sooner.

Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:26:05 AM

I say we need to drastically reduce the number of confirmations needed.  All the coins are trying to increase transaction capacity and Datacoin is chugging along at 3000 confirmations.  I understand that it was probably to stop censorship via 51% attacks, but that is not our immediate concern.  We need adoption, and that means network speed.

So I am seriously proposing that we drop the number of confirmations needed to 6. 

We all think that the disappearance of the developer killed the coin.  But if there had been wider adoption other developers would have stepped forward sooner.

Hi Extro,

The two types of transactions to be concerned with here do not affect transaction capacity or network speed by any large measure.
    We're basically speaking to the properties of transaction inputs.
    One case is where the input to the transaction was an unspent output from a mining reward and the other case is an input which happens to be an unspent output from a user signing over some datacoins to another address.

The first type of transaction is just like what you find in the Genesis block.
    These are emissions from the blockchain in the form of miner rewards and are referred to as coinbase transactions.
    Coinbase outputs are created out of thin air due to consensus protocol and proof-of-work; as an incentive to miners for securing the network.

These outputs must be 3,000 blocks deep and considered "matured", before they may be used as an input in another transaction.

The second most common type of transaction is the ordinary transaction where an unspent output held by one address happens to be signed over to another address as an input within a transaction.
    The owner of the matured datacoins may spend them and use them as inputs in a new transaction.
    The new owner will have unspent outputs which can be used in a subsequent transaction.
    The new owner will not need to wait 3,000 blocks.
    These types of transactions are the common transactions you are referring to which typically have 6 confirmations before they may be used as an input in another transaction.

In other words, if you buy some datacoins on an exchange you do not have to wait 3,000 confirmations before the coins are yours or to be free to spend them.

COINBASE_MATURITY has nothing to do with transaction capacity whatsoever.  It is a consensus rule which helps people from losing coins.
    If you want to decrease it substantially, first we must grow the network such that the proof-of-work hashrate is orders of magnitude greater and sustain it for a very long time and only then *maybe* consider reducing COINBASE_MATURITY.

Here's how it works.  Let's suppose there is a fork.
    Now, let's suppose the fork isn't reconciled for 500 blocks.

Now let's suppose merchants are concerned they will lose datacoin as a result of the 500 block deep reorganization.
    Since the transactions are going to be reconciled on both sides of the fork, none of those merchants will lose any datacoin.
    The above statement precludes any malicious intent or attempts to double-spend.

... also, since the COINBASE_MATURITY is 3,000 there will be no chance for "new" coins from the losing fork to have ever been spent because the fork was small ( 500 < 3000 ).
    Therefore, only valid coins would ever be spent on a 500 block re-organization and the transactions will reconcile on both sides of the fork.

The only loser in a 500 block re-organization when there is a 3,000 confirmations deep network confirmation protocol would be the pool or miner who happens to have been on the losing fork.

Hopefully this helps to clarify how COINBASE_MATURITY is a relatively insignificant feature of the protocol when it comes to evaluating network speed.

Network speed is governed by target spacing, hash rate and peer connectivity.
    The target spacing determines how many seconds / minutes there are supposed to be between each block.
    The hash rate being regular and sustained keeps the network hitting its target (difficulty) at the prescribed time repeatedly.
    The peer connectivity helps to relay new blocks and transactions in a timely manner.
    These properties are within our control by influencing an outcome where we achieve an ever increasing hash rate and continue to add new well-connected nodes to the peer swarm.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
extro24

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:32:16 AM

Thank you Chicago.  My bad.  Nobody has ever sent me Datacoin so I assumed that 3000 confirmations were needed for ordinary transactions.  So it turns out that normal transactions can already be spent after 6 confirmations.  Then no change in the coin is needed.

bugreporterr

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:32:15 AM

A Ripple Gateway is like an exchange, and we need NO PERMISSION, but does need some IT skills which should be available in the Datacoin community.  We can set up trading pairs for XRP/DTC, DTC/BTC, DTC/ETH etc.

Ripple seems to help you.  They have something like a support centre for gateways.

This would expose Datacoin to the thousands of users of the Ripple GateHub wallet.

I think this should be doable.  Dash recently did the same thing:  https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-create-the-first-dash-gateway-on-ripple.14721/

I have a fixed IP address (154.66.207.206).  I understand I have to set up a rippled server.  Anybody else have experience with this?

Make a topic on xrpchat.com. Some Ripple staff read it.
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 10:52:50 AM

Make a topic on xrpchat.com. Some Ripple staff read it.

Server is not a problem, I can host it for free to help :-)

extro24

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:50:12 PM

Thanks bugreporterr and MarcusDE.  I put the topic on xrpchat.com  (Under Problem Solving).

My ripple address is rngnE9TXY5FguLPrtKncZx4jYRRhaR1Zhd.  I understand a "trust line" has to be placed on it before I can issue Datacoin to other users.

See if you can put a "trust line" on that address and also send me your ripple addresses so that I can put trust lines on them.

I remember that I created Freicoin (FRC) in the old Ripple Trade wallet.  Not sure how to do it in this new Gatehub wallet.

Anybody who has experiences with "Issueances" and gateways in Ripple please speak up.

extro24

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:22:09 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 03:08:57 PM by extro24

I am now playing with the www.theworldexchange.net.  Seems like a friendlier way to issue DTC on the Ripple network than Gatehub.

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/36180070/new-ripple-based-decentralized-exchange-for-point-and-click-icos

Looks like I am set to issue and trade 10000DTC on the Ripple Network but I think I will wait to see if other people on this forum have set up.

I also want to watch the video tutorials:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHAK7FXoElZOyM6MaQ_O_i6ATap2k9r-o

muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:31:04 PM

It's quite nice idea, but can you make it working for Datacoin? I think that, it's only working for a tokens released on ripple network, and you can't have cross atomic swaps chains, with it (besides probably you wouldn't do it anyway, because datacoin doesn't have malleability fix).

Or you could try to issue a token, which could be reedemed for Datacoin? But how would you enforced to make it reedemed for DTC? With your own stash of Datacoins? Because nobody would support for now, and it would be only up to people if they would accept these tokens or not.

So your thought is mainly to create a token, which 'could' be reedemed for real DTC, and it would trade to XRP? Like a credit based security? Without any other ideas, or without exchanges, it's the only way for now.
extro24

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:51:05 PM

It's quite nice idea, but can you make it working for Datacoin? I think that, it's only working for a tokens released on ripple network, and you can't have cross atomic swaps chains, with it (besides probably you wouldn't do it anyway, because datacoin doesn't have malleability fix).

Or you could try to issue a token, which could be reedemed for Datacoin? But how would you enforced to make it reedemed for DTC? With your own stash of Datacoins? Because nobody would support for now, and it would be only up to people if they would accept these tokens or not.

So your thought is mainly to create a token, which 'could' be reedemed for real DTC, and it would trade to XRP? Like a credit based security? Without any other ideas, or without exchanges, it's the only way for now.

Yes, I want to issue a token.  Do you have a Ripple address?

extro24

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:10:41 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 07:23:19 PM by extro24

To trade DTC for XRP:

https://www.theworldexchange.net/?symbol1=DTC.rngnE9TXY5FguLPrtKncZx4jYRRhaR1Zhd&symbol2=XRP.

You should also be able to trade the DTC with each other.  I set the "Rippling" to true.  Please try it out.  At the moment I am backing the token with real DTC.
Just be aware that I do not have an XRP reserve, so for now I can only sell DTC for XRP.  You need to buy the DTC from me for XRP.

muf18

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:05:19 PM

Nice. Can you show me how I could make such thing for other coin as well?

Don't you think that 1XRP is a little too "high" price right now ?
I know there isn't any exchange, but still, this coin have higher supply than Slimcoin, and less functions than it (and before 2-3months didn't have any development).
Because Slim is traded between 270-400 satoshi, like 0.01-0.015USD. And 1XRP = 0.2-0.22USD.
extro24

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:03:40 AM

Nice. Can you show me how I could make such thing for other coin as well?

Don't you think that 1XRP is a little too "high" price right now ?
I know there isn't any exchange, but still, this coin have higher supply than Slimcoin, and less functions than it (and before 2-3months didn't have any development).
Because Slim is traded between 270-400 satoshi, like 0.01-0.015USD. And 1XRP = 0.2-0.22USD.

Here is the video tutorial I used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4uOVUz42Q

If you don't agree with the offers posted you can paste a few "lowball" offers for a small amount of DTC, so that we can also have buy orders to get the exchange going.  I will do the same for Slimcoin once you have it up and running in www.theworldexchange.net.  Basically moving the same money back and forth to test the system.

extro24

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:59:05 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 08:15:27 AM by extro24

Is this the current Datacoin/Bitcoin order book?  Or is this DTC some other coin?

https://www.theworldexchange.net/?symbol1=DTC.rngnE9TXY5FguLPrtKncZx4jYRRhaR1Zhd&qty1=1000&symbol2=BTC.rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B

muf18

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:19:47 AM

Yeah, problem with this exchange is you never know, what actually are you buying - backed by real token or fake or none? Or can you see attached security/asset crypto ?
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:20:22 AM

Hi,

Just want to know if anyone could help me to achieve the following?

1) How to compile a Windows-qt wallet - sorry I am a Windows person but not by choice Roll Eyes
2) How to interact with the wallet using php and conf file.
3) Set up a simple block chain on Digital Ocean.
3) Set up a mining pool on Digital Ocean.

I'll send you all of my DTC 600.23  Grin  for this educational experience.

Thank you,

H

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
extro24

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 02:46:55 PM by extro24

Yeah, problem with this exchange is you never know, what actually are you buying - backed by real token or fake or none? Or can you see attached security/asset crypto ?

Yes, but I see that DTC really is Datacoin.  When you buy 1 "something" you find DTC in the dropdown menu along with BTC, ETC, ETH, LTC, XLM etc

Where is your Slimcoin?

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: