Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we support altcoins ?  (Read 5499 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:23:40 PM

From a "lets make the world a better place perspective" should we support only bitcoin right now or altcoins also?

We should support them very wisely. They can be very good playgrounds for testing things in the wild, and they can have some fundamentally different features that might make them fill some niche, but at the same time they are drawing attention and some resources away from Bitcoin, and that's not good because it would be much efficient to have all the cool features like privacy and smart contracts and apps running on Bitcoin's blockchain, since it's secured by the highest amount of PoW.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:23:50 PM

It would be stupid to ignore altcoins and the reward that they can bring you. A lot of altcoins price increase many times more than bitcoin's does. You just have to spend the time researching the coin, it's team, project and if the price of it could go up. If people see potential in an altcoin - they will buy it.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:24:37 PM

We should support altcoins simply because Bitcoin can't be used for everything. Does Bitcoin support smart contracts and tokens like Ethereum? Does it work as fast as Litecoin? Does it have completely anonymous addresses like Zcash? Bitcoin is far bigger than all this coins. They are all used for different purposes by different people. It is really hard to introduce an upgrade to Bitcoin because our community is big and has many different opinion on for example the block size or whether or not we should have introduced SegWit.

Yes we need to support the altcoins as there are many altcoins like you have mentioned which are specialized in something or the other thing and it will be really difficult to make any update or changes to bitcoin considering the size of community but we have to support and adapt to new altcoins with better technology and better features which could help everyone in future.

Am I spamming? Report me!
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:25:58 PM

It has been always OK to invest in altcoins as well as in bitcoin because they both can give in return huge profits , but the thing you ought to consider is the choice of which altcoin to invest in ( since you have  large interval of choices
cryptorami

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

Of course. From the altcoins depend the future of the entire crypto industry.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:30:32 PM

I think supporting Altcoins also promotes a healthy competition and keeps Bitcoin and the development on their toes because they could be overtaken and so I think it's ok from me if we support credible Altcoins also.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:37:04 PM

Well from the experience and history who ever gets the ultimate power even if it is created for good, falls under evil, so we must separate the power not to put all the support in just one asset.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:06:12 PM

I definitely support them, they are a big part of the crypto ecosystem, for me at least. Without alts crypto would be boring and wouldn't get pushed forward this fast.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

From a "lets make the world a better place perspective" should we support only bitcoin right now or altcoins also?

Not only bitcoin makes crypto currencies being popular, but also with the aid of altcoins. Although bitcoin is the known currency in the community for its incredible price but we can't deny altcoins is still a part of crypto. As we support to bitcoin, it is much better if we support also altcoins as it will make the entire crypto moving forward without any coins left behind.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:20:48 PM

I am more a Bitcoin person, but I support some alternatives that have potential and are not a scamcoin. I mostly like LiteCoin out of all of the altcoins, but still Bitcoin is the big man. If nothing, alternatives are good investments and thats mainly why I like them.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:44:35 PM

Only the altcoins that have a proven record and that are not scams are going to survive anyway, those projects that have nothing going on for them are going to collapse as people begin to move their money from those useless projects to the ones that have a future, if you care about supporting an altcoin you believe in you can do it but it is a mistake to spread your investments too much, it is better to have a portfolio that contains only the best coins.
tengek37

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:06:51 AM

I  think the Bitcoin and Altcoin will continue to run together. So I think we should also endorse altcoin because altcoin is part of the Bitcoin as well.
polymerbatt

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:10:05 AM

Why not ? I mean altcoins is also crypto currency family and yes we should support altcoins too. Let's make crypto currency become big and popular in the future, not only bitcoin but other altcoins too and actually many people also use altcoins too for trading, gambling and many else.
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:14:35 AM

Bitcoin is all supported, and I think Altcoin is also going to be welcome. Because Altcoin can improve the function of the encrypted currency community. Some Altcoin transfer speed and transfer cost have a great advantage, and now more and more people use Altcoin.
niceone

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:20:57 AM

Altcoin should be supported too most people don't see it but you can also have a large profit from alt only few people know it cause a lot of people are really into bitcoin, If something bad happened to bitcoin a lot of people will gonna suffer a large loss altcoins good too you just need to make the right decision and have your strategy then for sure you'll really have a really great profit.

Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:22:04 AM

both of these (bitcoin and altcoin) are digital currency technologies that make it easy for us especially in terms of transaction processing.
in my opinion, it is appropriate that we should support these two things because I think there must always be innovation for the world of crypto is always growing. then we need altcoin so that the crypto world can always advance well.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:26:48 AM

Yes, it is always good to support altcoins because without altcoin today nobody don't know the value of Bitcoin. When compared to all other altcoin bitcoin created history and became very popular. So it is always good to support altcoins as long as Bitcoin is there.
Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:30:11 AM

Altcoin should be supported too most people don't see it but you can also have a large profit from alt only few people know it cause a lot of people are really into bitcoin, If something bad happened to bitcoin a lot of people will gonna suffer a large loss altcoins good too you just need to make the right decision and have your strategy then for sure you'll really have a really great profit.
yes i really agree with you ..
many people do focus on bitcoin because they see the price so high ..
and many people have known altcoin but they just think of having an altcoin profit instantaneously if we want to examine and learn a lot about altcoin we will be able to gain tremendous benefits.
so it is proper that we support altcoin.

THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:30:36 AM

We can support altcoins it healthier for bitcoin. Any competition is the opponent is week that game will not attract anybody so there should be touch competition should be there to motivate ourselves so nothing is going to affect bitcoin but in fact new things can be added to bitcoin service to sustain for ever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
kuberayt

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:34:26 AM

Support anything and everything that can help with Bitcoin's meteoric rise towards world domination Wink Let's go all the way to the moon. That's where crypto dreams are made out of of course Wink yaeeeee
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: