Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【 BOT 】 C.A.T. Cryptsy Automatic Trader 1 Copy@0.8 (Old Topic Beta1-Beta3V8)  (Read 151119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RustyShackleford

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:23:06 AM

Hello Sampey & others  Smiley I have read all 83 pages of this thread and have been enjoying my new copy of CAT for 3 days now. I've made quite a few questions if that's ok?

I have had many gains, but the cumulative total of the gains seem much less than other users have posted. I am trading with ~1btc on ~18 markets, using only default settings: .8% gain, place buy and sell pings at recommended price. Some of the markets are VERY active, one made over 150 ping pongs. It is fun to watch  Cheesy I am looking to increase the total gain though, and not sure how? I see lots of people using 1% minGain and I will try that, any other ideas?

Some very active markets make an occasional loss, buy and sell at same price so fees are removed, but it seems ~5% of the total and not significant. Some market like TIPS/LTC, all but 1 trade were like negative Sad    is this a cat/cryptsy bug or is something about that market I should avoid?

Does min% gain setting include cryptsy fee? after buy and sell cryptsy charges 0.5%, so min 0.8% gain is 0.3% gain after fee? or does CAT calculate in the fee (1.1% for .8% setting)

Will CAT do less quantity than the user set ping order? I would like to trade with a larger amount to get bigger gains but do not want to miss small trades.

The never/buy sell directly option would take off some small gain yes? but with the possibility of more trades because you will not wait for an order? or less trades because less opportunity to meet min%gain (narrower % diff in market)?

If I stop process and leave pong order open, then create new ping orders, will pre-stop pong orders generate new ping orders again?

Sorry for so many questions  Cheesy
saxman717

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:01:39 AM

BTCSELLING MY COPY OF CAT ---- 0.49 BTC --- PM to purchase
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:28:53 PM

I have had many gains, but the cumulative total of the gains seem much less than other users have posted. I am trading with ~1btc on ~18 markets, using only default settings: .8% gain, place buy and sell pings at recommended price. Some of the markets are VERY active, one made over 150 ping pongs. It is fun to watch  Cheesy I am looking to increase the total gain though, and not sure how? I see lots of people using 1% minGain and I will try that, any other ideas?

First try to increase the % Gain on the 18 Markets. Then check the high/min values of these markets and try to set very higher % Gain and buy/sell when they are at min/max market values.

Some very active markets make an occasional loss, buy and sell at same price so fees are removed, but it seems ~5% of the total and not significant. Some market like TIPS/LTC, all but 1 trade were like negative Sad    is this a cat/cryptsy bug or is something about that market I should avoid?

This is a particular case i will remove in the next version.

Does min% gain setting include cryptsy fee? after buy and sell cryptsy charges 0.5%, so min 0.8% gain is 0.3% gain after fee? or does CAT calculate in the fee (1.1% for .8% setting)

Yes % Gain is WITH Fees.

Will CAT do less quantity than the user set ping order? I would like to trade with a larger amount to get bigger gains but do not want to miss small trades.

The never/buy sell directly option would take off some small gain yes? but with the possibility of more trades because you will not wait for an order? or less trades because less opportunity to meet min%gain (narrower % diff in market)?

What do you mean by "do less quantity than the user set ping order"?
When you create a PING, cat will create the Ping Order and if there's a way to recreate in better position, CAT will recreate with the Same Total Amount but difference Price (so quantity will change).
When there's a Trade, Cat will create the Pong Order. If a Ping Order is filled with 5 trade, there will be 5 Pong.

If I stop process and leave pong order open, then create new ping orders, will pre-stop pong orders generate new ping orders again?

If you stop the process, all orders will remain open on cryptsy, but CAT will stop lookup on that markets.
RustyShackleford

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:59:02 PM

What do you mean by "do less quantity than the user set ping order"?
When you create a PING, cat will create the Ping Order and if there's a way to recreate in better position, CAT will recreate with the Same Total Amount but difference Price (so quantity will change).
When there's a Trade, Cat will create the Pong Order. If a Ping Order is filled with 5 trade, there will be 5 Pong.

I think I was misunderstanding how CAT made gains before  Cheesy  So basically it's always better to use larger amounts when possible (after testing! and being ok with exposure to market) with CAT unless the market is so small that your trades would cause market swings?  Grin
smith7800

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:43:30 AM

Selling my copy for 0.4 BTC  PM if interested.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:35:35 PM

Selling my copy for 0.4 BTC  PM if interested.

Sent you PM
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:42:59 PM

I think I was misunderstanding how CAT made gains before  Cheesy  So basically it's always better to use larger amounts when possible (after testing! and being ok with exposure to market) with CAT unless the market is so small that your trades would cause market swings?  Grin

Yes, big orders are suggested only for stable markets.
But you must place the order at the right time.
I mean : if market X have Max Y and Min Z (in 24 hours) it makes sense to create a Buy Ping when markets is at Z, or create a Ping Sell where is at Y.
% Between Y and Z could the your desired GAIN, But , i suggesto you to place a little lower value: Ex : %(y,z) = 12% -> Your % GAIN 8-10
andycee

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:10:09 AM

A question...

Never Buy Over also seem to rule on PONG Buys.

Surely this is not right.

In an overvalued market, if you have PING Sold high, you will still want to PONG Buy to return a profit, as all you are doing is completing the PING-PONG, not buying further into the market.

I think Never Buy Over should only apply to PING Buys, not PONG Buys.

golikcoin
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:37:00 PM

you can use it on PONG buy too, it will give you an higher gain % (if you'll BUY at that price), i usually use it on PONG BUY when i want to close an open market  Wink

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
BTCMS

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:42:07 PM

So how do you guys determine what market to enter en when? Join markets with high buy/sell volume? Buy ping markets when price is at min% price difference or just looking at graphs?
andycee

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:10:34 PM

So how do you guys determine what market to enter en when? Join markets with high buy/sell volume? Buy ping markets when price is at min% price difference or just looking at graphs?

Well...

Sort markets, discard anything with low volume. Also check actual trade frequency on Market Trade History. Look for healthy balanced Buy/Sell order book.

Check charts for each market. I look at 1d chart, looking (hopefully) for price bouncing between two rough limits. Then check 1w chart to get a better feel of rising/falling market. Rising or falling a little is OK, as C.A.T. should turn around the trades in time to move with the market. I'd avoid anything rising too fast, its only gonna crash at some point. Set a realistic Never Buy Over from the 1w chart. You want to stop buying just before the market turns, so I'd base this limit on previous highs. I don't worry too much about the % diff at time of entering market - UNLESS theres a massive stack of orders right either side of the current price. Also if you're entering a market that looks like its peaking in its cycle, set a fixed order around half way in the days cycle.

Just my way...hope this helps  Smiley
rurki

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

Is there a way to download and audit our trade history? I seem to keep missing coins, most recently 66 VTC vanished and cryptsy had to retrieve it. Makes me wonder if our gains are being impacted by cryptsy's disappearing currency tricks.
golikcoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:51:43 AM

Is there a way to download and audit our trade history? I seem to keep missing coins, most recently 66 VTC vanished and cryptsy had to retrieve it. Makes me wonder if our gains are being impacted by cryptsy's disappearing currency tricks.

i dont know, i usally copy and paste the single market history, but it's not easy, you have to be fast else it will lose focus on the selected text

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Binoum

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:45:12 AM

Selling my copy of CAT (with attached Cryptsy account) for 0.39 BTC only.

PM me if interested.
BTCMS

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:20:20 PM

Well...

Sort markets, discard anything with low volume. Also check actual trade frequency on Market Trade History. Look for healthy balanced Buy/Sell order book.

Check charts for each market. I look at 1d chart, looking (hopefully) for price bouncing between two rough limits. Then check 1w chart to get a better feel of rising/falling market. Rising or falling a little is OK, as C.A.T. should turn around the trades in time to move with the market. I'd avoid anything rising too fast, its only gonna crash at some point. Set a realistic Never Buy Over from the 1w chart. You want to stop buying just before the market turns, so I'd base this limit on previous highs. I don't worry too much about the % diff at time of entering market - UNLESS theres a massive stack of orders right either side of the current price. Also if you're entering a market that looks like its peaking in its cycle, set a fixed order around half way in the days cycle.

Just my way...hope this helps  Smiley

Thanks, I appreciate it. May I ask what your average gain is with # of markets and btc balance?
andycee

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:39:08 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it. May I ask what your average gain is with # of markets and btc balance?

I'm typically running 20 markets...all LTC. Gain is a bit subjective as I'm also mining but using C.A.T. to top up my balance, and cashing in whenever I get to ~1BTC.

So my balance starts at zero (and hence my 'playing' amount on C.A.T. is zero), then increases by ~0.08BTC per day due to mining. I inject this into my open markets each morning as new Pings. So my amount live on C.A.T. increases each day and as you would expect the returns also increase due to bigger Pings.

Current run (5 days) is +1.2 LTC gain on todays balance of 16LTC though of course it hasn't been 16LTC in play over that period.

Have to say that mining and trading with C.A.T. is a very good combination. After each 24 hours running, orders can get a little stuck and putting some fresh pings in each day from your mined funds (rather then stopping and restarting market and taking a loss on cancelled orders) is a great way of keeping things turning over.

Small gains, but I have very little in play. Need to cash the BTC to pay lots of bills ATM.

..now where was that electric bill...

andycee

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:42:47 PM

More fun with Pivot Charts & Tables on the log files...

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 11:46:12 PM

^ That looks great man. Well done on the profit and those lovely charts!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
andycee

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:44:50 AM

^ That looks great man. Well done on the profit and those lovely charts!

Thanks. If people want a copy of this I might just be bothered to clean it up and automate it a bit more and post it somewhere.

Cryptsy balance looking poor this morning until I realised they have removed DOGE from the system temporarily (and so also from our balances).

Its probably to do with the DOGE wallet move - http://blog.cryptsy.com/

C.A.T. appears to continue trading on it on the API, and the price has shot up to 0.00011000 !
golikcoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:47:50 AM

this is my 24H gain

MarketGainTrades
ANC/BTC0,0013267228
CAP/BTC0,000454462
CAT/BTC0,0022007412
DEM/BTC0,0020206710
DGC/BTC0,007155787
FRK/BTC0,0011946154
MNC/BTC0,0012474556
SRC/BTC0,0004976235
TAG/BTC0,0028781349
UNO/BTC0,000834961
WDC/BTC0,0048170740
Total0,02462815354

(started UNO this morning, just 1H ago  Wink )

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: