Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:27:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:52:44 PM

I am sure that the HODL strategy is the most winning! During last year everyone got used to the phenomenal growth of bitcoin and is waiting for the same results now. There will be growth, but not immediately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:15:32 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

I think you should believe in something that can benefit you. And if you choose better inveatasi hold in the long run. But if you feel holding just gives you a little profit, you can try a trade that gives you a better profit, but you should also look at the risks that you will face.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:24:10 PM

HODL Strategy sometimes wasting your chance and time. You keep the tokens until the price come as you like
But, when it already reach the Peak and never come again, in that time you will know HODL sucks.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:02:25 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
For me holding cryptocurrencies is my strategy and.I know I have a future with this.im just waiting for the right time to sell my tokens I know that I will succeed in this strategy no matter what.maybe its wrong to say hold is not actually strategy cause many people will done that for years
Same as you I am really going to hold my bitcoin as it is good and main thing that we will have to do with our bitcoin, if we will hold with patience price will rise to give us profit and this way we even get chance to buy some more bitcoin, so buy now and don’t wait sell your bitcoin as now price is on increasing mode and it will not stop increasing till the end of 2018 so I have plan for now to hold till end of 2018 to get fast and good profit.
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:04:48 AM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.

Holding is not bad because it only means that you are patience enough to wait for you to earn more profit, there are a lot of traders in the market or not earning a huge amount of profit because they are eager to sell their coins immediately even if the price is not yet that high.

If you do not have a very large trading capital, your capital will be stuck at a very high price and not too much profit because it is no longer trading capital. I think restraining detention strategies is only done by people who have very large trading capital
Lightsource

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:10:08 AM

Holding was a great strategy a few years back, when the markets were a small fraction of what it is now. Now it's risky. Might not see a 100x.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:35:19 AM

For me holding cryptocurrencies is my strategy and.I know I have a future with this.im just waiting for the right time to sell my tokens I know that I will succeed in this strategy no matter what.maybe its wrong to say hold is not actually strategy cause many people will done that for years
Same as you I am really going to hold my bitcoin as it is good and main thing that we will have to do with our bitcoin, if we will hold with patience price will rise to give us profit and this way we even get chance to buy some more bitcoin, so buy now and don’t wait sell your bitcoin as now price is on increasing mode and it will not stop increasing till the end of 2018 so I have plan for now to hold till end of 2018 to get fast and good profit.
It depends on you if you don't want more risks for your bitcoin then you will just hold it for long term but if you want to explore more opportunities then you can just get into the internet and search for the possible ways of growing your bitcoin like trading and investing and that can help you to gain more bitcoins in the future which can give you a higher profit if the price reaches all time highs.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:36:56 AM

People using the word hodl or bitcoin is not a determining factor or yardstick to measure the rate at which new investors or existing investors are investing in bitcoin. From all indication awareness of bitcoin is spreading on daily basis.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:54:43 AM

For a person who doesn't have much experience in the market, long-term investing is a good choice for them.

But I still believe that the HOLD strategy will continue to be a trend that will never disappear.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:59:28 AM

Wait... Is the article saying that the iterations of the word HODL is used less and less over in the internet? Maybe the word used is HOLD? I'm confused, becausse it doesn't mean that the word HODL is used or searched in the internet lesser means that the strategy actually fails. But then again, maybe I'm wrong.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 12:04:00 PM

I would suggest holding for those who do not feel comfortable enough with trading because all you need for holding is some coin and constant observation of the market. Your goal is to wait for that coin to reach a higher value.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:57:21 PM

For a person who doesn't have much experience in the market, long-term investing is a good choice for them.

But I still believe that the HOLD strategy will continue to be a trend that will never disappear.

Technically, the HODL strategy will continue to be practiced as long as investors are inclined to their goals depending on the time frame they give to their investments. Generally, the HODL strategy works for long-term perspective plans as they view it as something that will benefit them in the future, compared to other strategies. But the ideal practice should depend on the market outcome- which makes the investors' methods and techniques versatile and flexible. Most investors that are new to the game will be inclined into practicing this method until they are exposed to different types as such.

I've been trading for almost four years, and it's not always such a great time to hold. For me it's currently the only option, BTC and ETH price are low, so no one want to sell their funds for +10% of profit

The strategies that we utilize will depend on the market outcome. The HODL strategy is not the perfect strategy as if it was considered as such, then all people would continue to do it. Our experience dictate what strategy will we utilize depending on the market supply and demand- that is why most people are invested into observing the market supply and demand.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:00:20 AM

The HODL strategy is not actual

But in fact HODL is the only strategy that makes sense for most crypto investors. Ultimately, it's just a variation of the classical BUY and HOLD approach.
For us the HODL strategy is the single most successful strategy, HODL combined with rebalancing the portfolio will help counter volatility and improve your profits even better.
kyucryp

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:29:16 AM

everyone has a different strategy to invest in cryptocurrency. for people who are good at trading cryptocurrency hodl strategy is not good because the profit generated a little. but for the beginner hodl is a good strategy because it avoids the loss. so in my opinion it depends on bitcoin account user.

xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

Of course HOLD Strategy will never stop because a lot of people use this when they bought their coins on TOP these are people who FOMO and the only choice they have is to HOLD.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:04:22 AM

Of course HOLD Strategy will never stop because a lot of people use this when they bought their coins on TOP these are people who FOMO and the only choice they have is to HOLD.
Exactly, they don't have any choice unless they will risk and cut their loses and try to play with the red market, the hold strategy will be there as long as there's still people who still believe and continue to invest with crypto, people should assess and be wise to think of their strategy, if they feel that they already gain much better plans then playing with day trade will follow and be played as well.
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:31:15 AM

It seems so, sometimes hold strategy looks ineffective and if we hold and continue to be patient then everything becomes clear and we will get big profit.
Elrozaq

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:22:00 AM

It depends in what you can, If you are profesional and have  alot time to do it, you can try day trading. I personally prefer long term investment.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:23:11 AM

The retention of bitcoins and, in general, crypto-currencies is only relevant when they are constantly growing in price. If they go up and down, the strategy of just keeping is really meaningless, because after a long period of time, the rate of the crypto currency may be the same as it was before. Therefore, along with retention, it makes sense to periodically trade coins in the market at large price ups and downs.
anad98

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:36:31 AM

For crypto market, HODL is definitely not a good option because every coin gets influenced by market. So its always better to trade on stop loss and book your losses and reenter whenever you get right trends in the market. Though holding good coin will not incur big losses and you will be able to recover your money but it may take long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: