Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:38:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
mudra102

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:54:31 AM

I don't understand about HODL strategy, and now I've decided not to stay HODL because these data are past data and we don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I think you should have your own selling plan when the market goes up, especially when you hold a lot of altcoin. It is very necessary to make a plan.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:11:42 AM

I suppose that you just simply have hold the wrong coins, because scince that time there are some coins which perform good!
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:21:23 AM

I don't understand about HODL strategy, and now I've decided not to stay HODL because these data are past data and we don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. I think you should have your own selling plan when the market goes up, especially when you hold a lot of altcoin. It is very necessary to make a plan.
i think for hodl, indeed we need to have a target price, so it will keep us from the greedy nature that would be a boomerang for us. of our planned targets can sometimes be achieved sooner or later

intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:36:24 AM

Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

That is one of the big problem now a days. People are reading and seeing a fake news from adds and in media. That bitcoin is a scam. Bitcoin not totally exist. They are questioning how could you earn through internet? How could you trust crypto? How many percent it is safe?

About also the 900 million pesos scammed in the Philippines through investment the site New G. Many Filipinos are get involve that big scammed.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

many people are just fine if they just doing a cut loss and not holding in so much time and get out when the time was good to sell, they are worse people becuse just making it price even more worser

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:05:34 AM

I agree with that thing but I think it depends on the currency you want to hold even the increase the price of bitcoin and your currency that you hold is not increasing that's the time you should cut it off and if it increase it's price while bitcoin is increasing that's the better time to hold your currency that you holding for the great profit to get in that time.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:41:39 AM

In fact it depends on what price do we bought because if you bought at first quarter of last year and you'll hold you surely gain in any price now but if you bought at peak you're in doubt now and planning to cut loss. People aren't losing their trust in bitcoin but they're just bother with their money to loss but I'm pretty sure when bitcoin surge again they're the one who'll be proud at their investment and saying they made a right decision ever.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:09:19 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

OK, man, if you are not feeling very much optimistic about the price of BTC, let the other people doing it. I believe that Bitcoin can reach 20 thousand again.
ringgo96

Activity: 1554
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:54:20 AM

I still hold agreed. but we must also have a limit to when to hold back to sell it. because we also have to roll back the funds to people. including now. bitcoin down too many hold or sell options

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:00:50 AM

many people are just fine if they just doing a cut loss and not holding in so much time and get out when the time was good to sell, they are worse people becuse just making it price even more worser
Yes with so many traders selling assets under falling prices will automatically cause even worse effects in the future because problems can lead to other traders also experiencing a continuous panic when holding assets does not make them calm.

Yokoyoki

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:25:55 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.

Holding without patience is certainly not actual, because when bitcoin falls so many users are impatient and panicked so the hold strategy for them does not generate profit, and you must have full patience.
CryptoGirl.y

Activity: 625
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

The strategy of the "HODL" will always be relevant, at least in the next ten years exactly.
The popularity of bitcoin falls perhaps because many people use this strategy: they just bought and wait on the sidelines.
yeezycheezy

Activity: 476

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 10:35:10 AM

its depends on you how you hodl it and think a strong strategy to hodl it !

YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

Same thing happened to bitcoin years ago. Price will always go up and down. Those who have HODLed since 2016 or so are reaping the benefits right now and it took them 2 years.
JessicaAshl

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:48:30 AM

The decision to HODL is a personal thing and what the investor really wants to achieve either short or long term. If you are in this industry just to trade and make quick bucks as fast as you can they HODL doesn't apply to you. If you are in this because you believe in a particular project and you want it to succeed, then HODL applies. Investors who take a long term strategy view hold, regardless of the market conditions. And it's true less people HEDL since the start of this year, and that is due to the negative FUD created by the media and the master planners.
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:54:41 AM

I do not agree, I think that you will not sell bitcoin when you bought it for 15k and selling it half as much, it's a bit stupid
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:38:05 PM

I do think that there is no better and more efficient strategy than HODL because it comes from the basic approach that always existed on the market which sounds like Buy and Hold.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:35:52 PM

Hold for a short period or less than a year of course is not actual, if you want to get huge pprofit then I suggest to hold long term or at least 10 years so that makes us get big profit.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:59:42 PM

I think It depends on what you want,  If you want more profits you can choose to hold it in long term invesment. If you are trader , you can trade it in day trading.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

Hold for a short period or less than a year of course is not actual, if you want to get huge pprofit then I suggest to hold long term or at least 10 years so that makes us get big profit.

Agree that we need patience to hold for long term and of course I'll choose hold rather than cut loss, I'm sure that hold for a long time is a good and profitable thing so we immediately get a big profit. and the current trend of bitcoin is declining so buying is a better and more profitable thing than selling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: