Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136449 times)
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:50:02 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:37:31 AM by DOGEbubble

I personally think the exchanges are investigating some kind of fraud practices, or as someone said, that pac coin has been hacked and the website has been taken over by unknown people... probably the dev of pac has asked cryptopia to lock down the coin till further things get in control. One exchange can go in maintenance mode for this coin, not two.. there is more to what meets the eye.

It is possible.
When a cryptocoin becomes hot and during the upgrade and swap to a new coin, it might invite  51% attacks, causing a short fall in the exchange overall PAC balances.

Actually Cryptopia's  DOT coin did suffer from such attacks
DOT stopped scrypt-POW mining and was switched to Ubiq platform last year.  

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1822?postId=9084
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
Dotcoin(DOT) Coin Swap
Recently there has been a large uptick in coins being affected by 51% attacks, and unfortunately DOT joined this list earlier in the week. We managed to identify and respond to the attack sooner rather than later though the attacker did manage to make an impact on the market. This is the reason DOT has been in maintenance while we tried to determine the best response to the issue. Due to the amount of hash that can readily and easily be thrown around at small networks these days we had to ask ourselves if it still makes sense for DOT to run on its own network as it is clear to us that we cannot afford secure the network ourselves, and that the demand for DOT is not sufficient enough to attract the amount of distributed computing power required to sufficiently secure the network either. We've decided to perform a swap of the DOT blockchain to a WAVES asset, the use case of DOT is not based around mining or proof of work so we don't think anything is lost in moving DOT to a token platform. A final block height will be defined to allow for a swap period of approximately 90 days before the cut off of new blocks being included in the swap. The new token will be created and swapped 1:1 with the old chain with the new asset matching the coin count of the old chain up to the cutoff block height. Cryptopia will also keep a copy of the old blockchain so that old coins prior to the cutoff block height can continue to be swapped. Cryptopia will allow for a full year before the swap process is closed and swaps of coins on the old chain will no longer be accepted. Cutoff Block: 1,200,000 Total DOT at block 1,200,000: 522,500,000 DOT New DOT Asset Total: 522,500,000 DOT If you already have your DOT on Cryptopia then there's nothing further you need to do everything will be swapped automatically, this included all DOT currently in Term Deposits that will remain uninterrupted. If you do not currently have your DOT on Cryptopia and want the swap to happen automatically then you must deposit your DOT to Cryptopia before block 1,200,000. If you fail to swap your DOT before block 1,200,000 you will have to raise a support ticket to get your swap sorted. Cryptopia has covered the DOT that was lost in the 51% attack from their own DOT reserves, so all users will remain completely unaffected by the attack. The final date for swapping your DOT will be 2018-07-01.

Published by: Hex @ 6/29/2017 3:38:11 AM

perhaps21

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:57:48 AM

Unrelated:
I've just installed the paccoin wallet, am now syncing.. Then i'll try to move my +/- 11,25 million coins to the wallet. Hope it'll come through swiftly.

It can be risky today, Cryptopia and Yobit put their wallets under maintenance

strange. my wallet sync. Grin Grin
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 02:32:06 AM

Minting suspended due to locked wallet? why?

You need to unlock wallet for minting.
See FAQ https://wallets.paccoin.net/#faq

How to unlock the wallet for minting only?
Go to Help > Open Debug Window and there type:
walletpassphrase “your-password” 9999999 true
Please notice that your password is the one you created when the wallet was encrypted.

darkpardss

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:40:34 AM

Minting suspended due to locked wallet? why?

You need to unlock wallet for minting.
See FAQ https://wallets.paccoin.net/#faq

How to unlock the wallet for minting only?
Go to Help > Open Debug Window and there type:
walletpassphrase “your-password” 9999999 true
Please notice that your password is the one you created when the wallet was encrypted.

Thanks for this. Smiley

Begin2018

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:22:44 AM

Help guys, noob here. Never staked before, I DL the wallet and it's not sync yet.  Should I send all my coins from Tradesat to wallet anyways?
yukseljunk

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:27:02 AM

well, cannot login to yobit to transfer pacs from cryptopia to sell in doges .... No email is sent from yobit. Anyone having the same issue?
Yhammy

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:20:36 PM

Could someone please explain to me - it's going ti be coins swap? 1000:1 to?

Mar
Mar 1st 2018 - Public coin redempion begins 1000:1 PAC -> $PAC

Now I storing my coins at cryptopia and as I know there is some issues with local wallet. Should I send coins to my local wallet first for swapping?

Thanks!

I personally cant get my PAC coin out in cryptopia Sad  I hope fix will be done soon. For now i am stuck with my shares to PAC.  Huh Huh
suon199

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:02:51 PM

can admin or support team fix the maintenance issue on both of yobit.net & cryptopia.co.nz market? we can't withdraw our coin. there have no many days  to shift them to pac wallate.
OrzoCoins27

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

Somewhat of a newbie, I have had my PacCoins on the Mirror #2 wallet for about 2/3 weeks now. But everytime my pc restarts i need to extract, load ex file and click on new Icon to load up my Wallet and unlock it again as well as degub it to start staking again. But this time my pc keeps putting it into quarantine and i cannot get to load  it properly anymore. I haven't changed any settings, loading nothing more than the Mega file to try and load all through there from now on. I also always backup the latest file, meaning everytime I reload it after a restart, I update that backup. But what good is that backup as I cannot click on that and load my wallet.

I am not a computer geek, but I'm not a beginner either, just not sure what I am doing wrong or if PAC themselves are preventing me from loading it back up as they are issuing a new wallet soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and GO PAC!
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:01:10 PM

Somewhat of a newbie, I have had my PacCoins on the Mirror #2 wallet for about 2/3 weeks now. But everytime my pc restarts i need to extract, load ex file and click on new Icon to load up my Wallet and unlock it again as well as degub it to start staking again. But this time my pc keeps putting it into quarantine and i cannot get to load  it properly anymore. I haven't changed any settings, loading nothing more than the Mega file to try and load all through there from now on. I also always backup the latest file, meaning everytime I reload it after a restart, I update that backup. But what good is that backup as I cannot click on that and load my wallet.

I am not a computer geek, but I'm not a beginner either, just not sure what I am doing wrong or if PAC themselves are preventing me from loading it back up as they are issuing a new wallet soon.

It is about anti-viral program issues.

You should go to the Antivrus program. Go to place such as setting, history or log files; find the file, click it and ask the antiviral program to restore it and/or put the file under the exception list.

Hope this will work for you.  Cheesy

wmcorless (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:15:00 PM

There are people using modified Paccoin wallets that are causing the syncing problems. Cryptopia and Yobit are down at this time because of this, but Tradesatoshi is up.
The user breakcrypto stated that a modification he supports would fix certain issues. I evaluated it, and decided against his proposal because it causes unlimited forks. This is the reason why the exchanges went down is because somebody is using his code to mine paccoins on a fork, I don't know why they would do this, you cannot send paccoins mined on a fork to the exchanges.
I've noticed my windows wallets are jumping in and out of sync. I am notififying the paccoin community to be wary of the proposed "updates" as they don't fix the coin, but as his name says, they break it.

Bill Corless
The Original Paccoin Developer

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

There are people using modified Paccoin wallets that are causing the syncing problems. Cryptopia and Yobit are down at this time because of this, but Tradesatoshi is up.
The user breakcrypto stated that a modification he supports would fix certain issues. I evaluated it, and decided against his proposal because it causes unlimited forks. This is the reason why the exchanges went down is because somebody is using his code to mine paccoins on a fork, I don't know why they would do this, you cannot send paccoins mined on a fork to the exchanges.
I've noticed my windows wallets are jumping in and out of sync. I am notififying the paccoin community to be wary of the proposed "updates" as they don't fix the coin, but as his name says, they break it.

Bill Corless

Hey Bill, I'm sort of curious about this, because there are no actual field report of missing/lost transaction.

I see the chain could reset, but if actual lost transaction took place, it should create storm amongst the community.

Is there a 3rd party that could verify breakcrypto's claim?   
suon199

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:25:07 PM

Bill Corless

what can we do now? will we miss the upcoming offer? can we withdraw our coin from yobit & cryptopia with in time( before 1st Feb 2018)?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

Hey Bill, I'm sort of curious about this, because there are no actual field report of missing/lost transaction.

I see the chain could reset, but if actual lost transaction took place, it should create storm amongst the community.

Transactions on a valid wallet aren't lost, but sending coins from a wallet on a fork wont get to a valid wallet. It is the forked wallets transactions that are getting lost. A simple test would be to have someone on a forked wallet try to send to a valid wallet. If it doesn't go through, there's your proof.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

what can we do now? will we miss the upcoming offer? can we withdraw our coin from yobit & cryptopia with in time( before 1st Feb 2018)?

To be clear I am not involved with the paccoin redemption offer. My understanding is you can trade your paccoin (PAC) for Paccoin Cash ($PAC) during the redemption period. This is simply you trading your Paccoin for another currency Paccoin Cash. You can keep your Paccoin if you want, the coin will still go on.

As for the timeline, I urge users to be patient while Cryptopia and Yobit get their wallets synced up. It takes several days to rebuild the blockchain as many of you may know when you install your wallet for the first time. This is because there are users that are using an invalid wallet to mine paccoins, and its causing sync errors for the rest of us.

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

Bill Corless

There is nothing that we could do.

I was surprised that the new dev could push patch to the exchange.  I thought only the original dev could make and authorize changes.

Chicken/egg
OrzoCoins27

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

It is about anti-viral program issues.

You should go to the Antivrus program. Go to place such as setting, history or log files; find the file, click it and ask the antiviral program to restore it and/or put the file under the exception list.

Hope this will work for you.  Cheesy

Thanks for the help, I read that in my pop up, I'm actually having issues finding that anti virus or viral program on my pc, its new and until I'm familiar with everything its always difficult for me to find what i need to do. even Microsoft help didn't specify enough for me to get into this firewall or quarantine to have it reloaded and or excepted. But my issue is why is it blocking it now and not before too?
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:33:12 PM

Transactions on a valid wallet aren't lost, but sending coins from a wallet on a fork wont get to a valid wallet. It is the forked wallets transactions that are getting lost. A simple test would be to have someone on a forked wallet try to send to a valid wallet. If it doesn't go through, there's your proof.

I agree with you as I have no lost transaction experience with the existing system.

The only reports that I have seem with my own eyes, is that transactions are frozen to yobit/cryptopia and that's because of the maintenance mode

No field report of lost transaction has been observed.

At this point of time, I believe majority of the paccoin holders could care less about staking.  It's the transaction capability that is in question.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:35:22 PM

There is nothing that we could do.

I was surprised that the new dev could push patch to the exchange.  I thought only the original dev could make and authorize changes.

Chicken/egg

I don't believe tradesatoshi is using a compromised wallet.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

I agree with you as I have no lost transaction experience with the existing system.

The only reports that I have seem with my own eyes, is that transactions are frozen to yobit/cryptopia and that's because of the maintenance mode

No field report of lost transaction has been observed.

At this point of time, I believe majority of the paccoin holders could care less about staking.  It's the transaction capability that is in question.

As I have stated it was breakcrypto's fork that caused the syncing issues with the exchanges. Tell those guys to shut down those wallets, they are impacting financial transactions.

Got Paccoin?
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: