Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 05:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] paccoin a new SHA256D coin is being introduced  (Read 136549 times)
OrzoCoins27

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

Somewhat of a newbie, I have had my PacCoins on the Mirror #2 wallet for about 2/3 weeks now. But everytime my pc restarts i need to extract, load ex file and click on new Icon to load up my Wallet and unlock it again as well as degub it to start staking again. But this time my pc keeps putting it into quarantine and i cannot get to load  it properly anymore. I haven't changed any settings, loading nothing more than the Mega file to try and load all through there from now on. I also always backup the latest file, meaning everytime I reload it after a restart, I update that backup. But what good is that backup as I cannot click on that and load my wallet.

I am not a computer geek, but I'm not a beginner either, just not sure what I am doing wrong or if PAC themselves are preventing me from loading it back up as they are issuing a new wallet soon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and GO PAC!
DOGEbubble

Activity: 881
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:01:10 PM

Somewhat of a newbie, I have had my PacCoins on the Mirror #2 wallet for about 2/3 weeks now. But everytime my pc restarts i need to extract, load ex file and click on new Icon to load up my Wallet and unlock it again as well as degub it to start staking again. But this time my pc keeps putting it into quarantine and i cannot get to load  it properly anymore. I haven't changed any settings, loading nothing more than the Mega file to try and load all through there from now on. I also always backup the latest file, meaning everytime I reload it after a restart, I update that backup. But what good is that backup as I cannot click on that and load my wallet.

I am not a computer geek, but I'm not a beginner either, just not sure what I am doing wrong or if PAC themselves are preventing me from loading it back up as they are issuing a new wallet soon.

It is about anti-viral program issues.

You should go to the Antivrus program. Go to place such as setting, history or log files; find the file, click it and ask the antiviral program to restore it and/or put the file under the exception list.

Hope this will work for you.  Cheesy

wmcorless (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:15:00 PM

There are people using modified Paccoin wallets that are causing the syncing problems. Cryptopia and Yobit are down at this time because of this, but Tradesatoshi is up.
The user breakcrypto stated that a modification he supports would fix certain issues. I evaluated it, and decided against his proposal because it causes unlimited forks. This is the reason why the exchanges went down is because somebody is using his code to mine paccoins on a fork, I don't know why they would do this, you cannot send paccoins mined on a fork to the exchanges.
I've noticed my windows wallets are jumping in and out of sync. I am notififying the paccoin community to be wary of the proposed "updates" as they don't fix the coin, but as his name says, they break it.

Bill Corless
The Original Paccoin Developer

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

There are people using modified Paccoin wallets that are causing the syncing problems. Cryptopia and Yobit are down at this time because of this, but Tradesatoshi is up.
The user breakcrypto stated that a modification he supports would fix certain issues. I evaluated it, and decided against his proposal because it causes unlimited forks. This is the reason why the exchanges went down is because somebody is using his code to mine paccoins on a fork, I don't know why they would do this, you cannot send paccoins mined on a fork to the exchanges.
I've noticed my windows wallets are jumping in and out of sync. I am notififying the paccoin community to be wary of the proposed "updates" as they don't fix the coin, but as his name says, they break it.

Bill Corless

Hey Bill, I'm sort of curious about this, because there are no actual field report of missing/lost transaction.

I see the chain could reset, but if actual lost transaction took place, it should create storm amongst the community.

Is there a 3rd party that could verify breakcrypto's claim?   
suon199

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:25:07 PM

Bill Corless

what can we do now? will we miss the upcoming offer? can we withdraw our coin from yobit & cryptopia with in time( before 1st Feb 2018)?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

Hey Bill, I'm sort of curious about this, because there are no actual field report of missing/lost transaction.

I see the chain could reset, but if actual lost transaction took place, it should create storm amongst the community.

Transactions on a valid wallet aren't lost, but sending coins from a wallet on a fork wont get to a valid wallet. It is the forked wallets transactions that are getting lost. A simple test would be to have someone on a forked wallet try to send to a valid wallet. If it doesn't go through, there's your proof.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:28:08 PM

what can we do now? will we miss the upcoming offer? can we withdraw our coin from yobit & cryptopia with in time( before 1st Feb 2018)?

To be clear I am not involved with the paccoin redemption offer. My understanding is you can trade your paccoin (PAC) for Paccoin Cash ($PAC) during the redemption period. This is simply you trading your Paccoin for another currency Paccoin Cash. You can keep your Paccoin if you want, the coin will still go on.

As for the timeline, I urge users to be patient while Cryptopia and Yobit get their wallets synced up. It takes several days to rebuild the blockchain as many of you may know when you install your wallet for the first time. This is because there are users that are using an invalid wallet to mine paccoins, and its causing sync errors for the rest of us.

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

Bill Corless

There is nothing that we could do.

I was surprised that the new dev could push patch to the exchange.  I thought only the original dev could make and authorize changes.

Chicken/egg
OrzoCoins27

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

It is about anti-viral program issues.

You should go to the Antivrus program. Go to place such as setting, history or log files; find the file, click it and ask the antiviral program to restore it and/or put the file under the exception list.

Hope this will work for you.  Cheesy

Thanks for the help, I read that in my pop up, I'm actually having issues finding that anti virus or viral program on my pc, its new and until I'm familiar with everything its always difficult for me to find what i need to do. even Microsoft help didn't specify enough for me to get into this firewall or quarantine to have it reloaded and or excepted. But my issue is why is it blocking it now and not before too?
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:33:12 PM

Transactions on a valid wallet aren't lost, but sending coins from a wallet on a fork wont get to a valid wallet. It is the forked wallets transactions that are getting lost. A simple test would be to have someone on a forked wallet try to send to a valid wallet. If it doesn't go through, there's your proof.

I agree with you as I have no lost transaction experience with the existing system.

The only reports that I have seem with my own eyes, is that transactions are frozen to yobit/cryptopia and that's because of the maintenance mode

No field report of lost transaction has been observed.

At this point of time, I believe majority of the paccoin holders could care less about staking.  It's the transaction capability that is in question.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:35:22 PM

There is nothing that we could do.

I was surprised that the new dev could push patch to the exchange.  I thought only the original dev could make and authorize changes.

Chicken/egg

I don't believe tradesatoshi is using a compromised wallet.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:37:26 PM

I agree with you as I have no lost transaction experience with the existing system.

The only reports that I have seem with my own eyes, is that transactions are frozen to yobit/cryptopia and that's because of the maintenance mode

At this point of time, I believe majority of the paccoin holders could care less about staking.  It's the transaction capability that is in question.

As I have stated it was breakcrypto's fork that caused the syncing issues with the exchanges. Tell those guys to shut down those wallets, they are impacting financial transactions.

Got Paccoin?
mybuddylucifer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

As I have stated it was breakcrypto's fork that caused the syncing issues with the exchanges. Tell those guys to shut down those wallets, they are impacting financial transactions.

I have relayed this message to veternus.

Last question Bill, could the current dev release patch to cryptopia and yobit?  I thought when it comes to the original pac, you have the final say?

Thank you for creating this wonderful coin.
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:45:22 PM

I personally think the exchanges are investigating some kind of fraud practices, or as someone said, that pac coin has been hacked and the website has been taken over by unknown people... probably the dev of pac has asked cryptopia to lock down the coin till further things get in control. One exchange can go in maintenance mode for this coin, not two.. there is more to what meets the eye.
I have suggested that they rebuild their blockchain, I assume cryptopia is doing so and as we know rebuilding takes several days. The reason I suggested this is I noticed my linux wallets were not able to timely resync due to a fork created by some members of the community, however my windows wallets were able to sync faster. It seems the linux wallets are more susceptible and take longer to walk back to the orphaned block in order to start again. Because it was taking so long I decided to rebuild it. But that seems to take forever when you are trying to send some paccoin.

So I urge the community to be patient with Cryptopia and Yobit, as they should be back up soon.

Bill

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

I have relayed this message to veternus.

Last question Bill, could the current dev release patch to cryptopia and yobit?  I thought when it comes to the original pac, you have the final say?

Thank you for creating this wonderful coin.

Thanks for the kind words, and I don't have the final say, the exchange has the final say. I don't think the patch solves anything, unless you want to mine paccoins without getting orphans.
See what these people don't understand is the point of proof of stake. (Read Peercoins whitepaper on this.) The idea of proof of stake makes so much sense.
If you own a lot of paccoin, you have a stake in it. If you don't have paccoin not so much.
Another point is Proof of Work PoW networks are subject to 51% attacks. Proof of stake (PoS) aren't. Their idea is to give miners a way to override proof of stake users. So if you implement their code, you can forget ever getting any proof of stake because the miners will overrule you, and you get nothing but orphans. They're turning paccoin on its head.
Another benefit of the current design is there is less incentive to mine paccoin, and more incentive to buy it on the exchanges. This drives up the value.
Their idea is pump and dump.
My idea is buy and HODL.

I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide which is best.

Got Paccoin?
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:10:51 PM

Minting suspended due to locked wallet? why?
There is a lot of misinformation out there.

I know people are saying to lock the wallet, but if you plan to mine it or gain proof of stake you need to have a wallet that has never been locked.
So if you lock your wallet, I'd suggest you move your coins to a new wallet and use it instead.

If you are concerned about losing your coins make sure that no one has access to your computer, and use virus and malware protection.

Trojans are the most common ways hackers use to gain access to your computer. So use safe computer practices.

Got Paccoin?
derstuka

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:14:21 PM

Mr Corlass - you are a 'POS'.  A thief a crook for taking so many peoples money.  You should take your POS old coin and let it die like it was.  You are a crook.  Go away.  Nobody has trust in your words. 

Is this true:  https://www.reddit.com/r/paccoin/comments/7rzejx/newold_pac_saga/
wmcorless (OP)

paccoin

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 06:16:14 PM

Mr Corlass - you are a 'POS'.  A thief a crook for taking so many peoples money.  You should take your POS old coin and let it die like it was.  You are a crook.  Go away.  Nobody has trust in your words.
This is what I'm talking about. There is a lot of misinformation. Sorry your FUD doesn't work here.

Got Paccoin?
derstuka

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:20:32 PM

WHat is FUD sir?  Are you a crook?   Honestly how many coins have you?  Why such a big worry?
Begin2018

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:23:18 PM

Please someone help guide me, never done a POS as I'm very new to this.  Can I just let my coins sit on tradesatoshi or should I send them all to the pac wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: