Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:07:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2717 times)
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:34:59 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike
it's really true, when we're inside, the position of loss then when we see the btc price that continues to sink will make us crazy and stressed, and to avoid it then I start trying not to look at the price at every time and I try maximally once in week
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:27:53 PM

I do not like looking at the price of bitcoin regularly. This makes me feel insecure. So one day I just searched the market price twice, this made me feel better.
Potatohead

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:32:32 PM

I do not check it from time to time because sometimes checking it might cause stress. There's no sense on checking it if you are not trading, selling, or investing in anything in the moment. Sometimes people commit bad decision because of too much consciousness of the price.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:45:16 PM

I check the btc price daily as the usual normal routine for me. It did not bring me stress checking the btc price weekly because I serve my btc for long term hold. So usually if you are a day trader you can check price everytime so expect the fluctuations is extreme it's movement when you invest.
nara1892

Activity: 1610
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:05:18 PM

Usually I check it every time and when I hold my smartphone, I use bitcoin checker application, so I can see the price any time from some market and install the alarm. So I know when there is pump or dump immediatelly.

To avoid stress, don't think about it, you must be believe if bitcoin can still rise at the end of the year. Be patient.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

I am not always checking it because i don't want to have a wrong move or to panic if bitcoin was dump so my alts too will follow. I let it go down or up and i am only checking the bitcoin 3x a day morning, afternoon and in the evening withoit logging in my exchange account.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:09:22 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike

I think, if you do trading, you should do it every minute. Because, if you miss anything, thats mean is you lose money. Other than that, you can set up alert what price you wonder.
darsiderin

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:33:42 PM

I am not always checking it because i don't want to have a wrong move or to panic if bitcoin was dump so my alts too will follow. I let it go down or up and i am only checking the bitcoin 3x a day morning, afternoon and in the evening withoit logging in my exchange account.
I do not constantly check the price of bitcoin or altcoyin, I just set the alarm clock on the price change in the smartphone. It is very convenient and saves time. Cool

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:37:17 PM

I spend 2 to 3 hrs daily, Stress doesn't matter at all, If you love your work, you can do anytime you want. As long all things youve done makes you happy, I am always excited to check how far does my coin reach, In every fluctuation, Update is very important to anticipate the direction of the coins:)
Those two factors are not mutually exclusive, you can love your job and still be stressed about it, this is especially true for jobs in which you need to use your mind, and trading is a job like that, you may love trading and you may be very good at it and you could be making a fortune and yet you could be stressed all the time because it is an activity that requires to take decisions in seconds and if you take a bad choice you could lose thousands of dollars.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:50:26 PM

I ensure I check on the price of Bitcoin at least thrice a day because I have few Bitcoins and some other Alts in my Wallets. I would not want to miss any moment of the price variations for follow up. Though it amounted to stress of mind and body truly, but I'm very much used to it  because I have my way of distempering my temperature since I believe what's gonna be shall be, so I disallow whatever way down the dump on many occasions especially this moments in question might cause to my health negatively.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:54:27 AM

I'll admit that I still check BTC's price as frequent as when I first got into cryptocurrencies, but I sort of feel "numb" to the volatility. Bitcoin crashes by $5k? Meh. Alright. Time and experience in the blockchain ecosystem made me used to the huge price swings I guess.
Normally, time and experience will always help. Most of us have been there in the past and those who really never had that problem were those who invested when it really does not have much value and no serious fluctuation since there was no market for it anyway and all they had was hope and belief that one day, things would get better. However, if those who are buying now can also have that mindset, they really would not bother about now, and they would rather focus more on the future.

If you have invested your money into bitcoin and that you have a plan of holding those bitcoins for longer term, then there is no such need to check the market value of the bitcoin on daily basis. It is a good thing to know the market value of the coin in which you have invested but there is no point of checking it after few minutes. You just need to stay calm even if the market value is falling.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:09:12 AM

Thanks,
Mike

For me once a day is enough to check what ut happening to yhe price of the cryptocurrency because as long as you check them akmost every hour nothings changed and they might get much falling if you did that and those things will really make you upset. Just wsut for the right time me I never look at the cryptocurrency everyday because I am waiting for the news and when you heard it to the news then go check if that is true and if ut us still falling just stay calm and focus your anger to different things.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:10:31 AM

On my part, I check during my vacant time during my work since I have a regular job and during evening I checked every two hours since I need to analyze which coin would be the best or have a potential to increase. Basically, we experience some stress moment which we have lack of hours to sleep which we need to be aware on the possible downfall on the coins that we have. Eventually, I already adjust on what I have done every time I check on the price of BTC.
Wise words indeed. Our reaction is what really matters. A skilled trader can make profits from pumps and dumps. He can survive under hardest circumstances with the help of his knowledge. People are afraid of dips. Whenever the market goes red, they behave like it was not even in their minds. Time never remains the same.  Simple as that so what is the use or logic of panicking out?
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:09:31 AM

Actually it depends on your perspective. If you're a trader, you have to check the price action every once in a while, so you would know the proper timing when to buy and sell. On the other hand, investor use the "buy and forget" method. They just buy regularly at any price levels hoping to average down, so when the market suddenly wakes up, they have somewhat lower price average and can sell it high. But  mind you guys that this only works if you got unlimited resources/money and time. Because who knows when the bearish sentiment can turn around? No one. We're just dealing with probabilities.
For making profits and getting rich earlier than others, one should adopt bitcoin trading and this is not my opinion but what I have learnt after watching the market for years now. Bitcoin trading appears to be difficult while it is not. The only form that can trouble a trader is day trading and that too if the person has tried to come to the top of ladder directly. BTC is a volatile coin and should be checked at least twice daily.
If you have this much of the knowledge regarding the things related to that of the trading as well as the crypto currencies that you think you will then be able to make some good earning in trading, only then go for it as trading is the most difficult thing to do and that it has a lot of risk involved in it. You need not to check the market value of the bitcoin on daily basis if you are holding your coins.
tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:08:56 PM

I checked the price bitcoin 2 times a day in the morning and evening before going to bed, but I was not too worried about its price. Since I have divided the investment into many different coin, all the altcoin I hold are determined to hold long term, so I do not mind too much bitcoin,
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:10:45 AM

In my opinion, the best way to deal with stress is not to check the price of BTC for a long time. If you have decided to invest and hold the BTC should loose the body and should not see the BTC regularly.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:19:46 PM

I ensure I check on the price of Bitcoin at least thrice a day because I have few Bitcoins and some other Alts in my Wallets. I would not want to miss any moment of the price variations for follow up. Though it amounted to stress of mind and body truly, but I'm very much used to it  because I have my way of distempering my temperature since I believe what's gonna be shall be, so I disallow whatever way down the dump on many occasions especially this moments in question might cause to my health negatively.
You're not checking the price that much if you are a day trader, but if you are a long term trader you need to lose that feeling of urgency when you're looking at the variations of the price of bitcoin, I know it can be very difficult especially if you have invested an amount money that is important for you, but if you want to retain your sanity you will have to find a way to do it.
Jhomzky23

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:28:16 PM

Thanks,
Mike
Based on your post, it seems that you bought high, and now hoping the price to recover, am I right? If I were you, I will study first technical analysis. Look if it's worth holding your position or it's better for your wallet and your psyche to sell it now before things get worse. Being a technician gives you all the signals to buy or sell even before any news comes out of nowhere. You just have to master your own craft. Take time to read and study charts. You will thank yourself in the future if you do so. 😊
WINiota

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 10:36:15 PM

it really depends on why you´re in the market. If you are hodling then no need to check much. Days or weeks can go by without checking. You only loose money if you sell..
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:52:59 PM

I check many times throughout the day, slightly addicted to blockfolio as I have a few altcoins and you can't really leave them for a month as they can change overnight, but I do think I check far too often perhaps I have developed an addiction to blockfolio just scrolling up and down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: