Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason people do not want to invest in crypto  (Read 18898 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:32:02 AM

I doubt that the tax is the problem. I think people dont want to invest in Bitcoin because they do not understand what it is and how it works.
Then I think they are the most stupid persons on the earth. If they don’t know about something, definitely they will not be investing in bitcoins. They must understand the importance and prosperity of bitcoins. They must know how better bitcoins would be giving out the profits to users in short and long term. When they become convinced, they must be learning the how and what of bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:24:08 PM

In a couple of days ago crypto currency market was not good. If you see the previous market condition that was most of the currency show red signal so on that time people very afraid to invest with crypto currency. Too many people think about crypto currency will be end in a short time but after someday later when crypto currency market was growing very faster and show Green Signal then people don't hopeless about crypto currency and some people start again invest with crypto currency.
HolderLoo

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

One of the innate qualities of human beings is that they always desire and endeavor to keep the coins in a safe place or around them to feel secure about it rather than investing their money in one place. Distinctively on the internet (most online wallet is selected). It's like aquaculture in the sea. It's hard to convince and change their habits. Unless, they themselves decide to invest in crypto. Undecided
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:11:35 PM

They are afraid to lose some of their money because we know investing in cryptocurrency is dangerous because they have probability that your money gone or decrease. But take nots all business have risk or chances to lose your capital. The advantage of crypto yes you cn lose but you can get high profit if you choose right altcoin to invest your money. Don't be afraid to start investing in crypto just invest only the extra money..
It is not exactly like investing in crypto currencies is dangerous but investing in a wrong digital coin is dangerous. There are hundreds of options now but with new coins come new threats too. Therefore, a person should do some research first and then choose any potential coin that has been here for years now. Like bitcoin, it has already demonstrated what it is capable of. It is actually my top recommendation too.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:58:05 AM

1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.

Are you the author a Vietnamese with the name Tuan ?

I wish to add 1 more ridiculous reason from Vietnam. Here in my country, media calls cryptocurrencies "virtual money" (tiền ảo)

That cunning word makes people have really bad prejudice about cryptocurrencies and they do not want to learn or to care about blockchain nature of cryptocurrencies anymore. Many of the others hold or join cryptocurrencies just because they are greedy for a super profit.

I have a friend, an older friend. He joined Onecoin, Swisscoin, BEC, Bitkingdom ... all kinds of MLM "virtual money" scam and he does not have even a satoshi in his electronic wallet. He does not want to care Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple ... or anything I introduced. Because he thinks those things are not for sure and "guaranteed" profit. He loves the MLM commission and has no idea about genuine cryptocurrencies for years.

I am also a victim of the cunning media in Vietnam with their super word "virtual money".
In 2010, I began to notice Bitcoin. But I did not have much time to find or read about blockchain. So my initial interest was immediately extinguished after I read some news that called Bitcoin "virtual" money and warned the people about scam.
Just until 2016, I came to read about Bitcoin and blockchain. I knew it was a new era. But it was too late to make millionaire dream come true.

Yes, "virtual money" ! That is the word they call cryptocurrencies in Vietnam. Many of people think "WTH ? Even real money can be lost, how can virtual money be safe ?"
This is the main problem that people do not trust in cryptocurrency. When they do not see their money and they have no control over their wallets and also depends upon internet that’s why they afraid of losing their real money. Those who studied and know the benefits of cryptocurrency have invested their money in it but ordinary people who are unaware of cryptocurrency and do not know anything about this world are not investing in it.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:10:31 AM

I add a little point why they do not want to invest in crypto, because there is no law that regulates the regulation of investment in crypto. So everything is uncertain.
akristofor

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

We have a lot of reasons:
1) People are lazy it is hard for them to learn smth new.
2) People afraid to loose there money, they want to only earn money without any risk of loosing.
3) Gossips. A lot of people loose there money because of there inexperience, scammers and etc. And after that they tell everyone about negative trading and investment.
4) Scammers. If you will deal with scammers and loose there money you will not doing it again.
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:27:46 AM

Fear is the main reason people don't want to invest in cryptocurrency. People like stability and pampering with assurance. Cryptocurrency is not meant for many people since it doesn't entertain some of the traditional sentiment for investment.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:58:06 AM

Many people love stability, avoid stress. Investing in the crypto currency is a total stress. And, of course, you need a certain amount of knowledge, and many do not want to spend time studying information, even for profit.
RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:02:15 AM

NO, the reason why people do not want to invest in crypto is cause they have been fed negative news about crypto currencies from the start and they are just afraid of investing in it thinking if they are going to be doing something illegal or if they could lose their money. Also most of the people just don't understand how crypto currencies work.
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:26:50 AM

maybe the reason they do not want to invest in crypto is because they do not know the correct information about crypto and they do not know how to get the profit and they are afraid to lose money because investment in crypto has a big risk

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:06:16 AM

NO, the reason why people do not want to invest in crypto is cause they have been fed negative news about crypto currencies from the start and they are just afraid of investing in it thinking if they are going to be doing something illegal or if they could lose their money. Also most of the people just don't understand how crypto currencies work.

That's why it's important that people are educated about crypto. Too much negative news overpowers people's awareness of it and it's often seen in a bad light for those that don't know much about it. Scams, hacks, bans, all these fuels people reluctance in investing in crypto which sbouldn't actually be the case if they know more about the market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:56:55 PM

1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.

In my own observation I have two main reasons why they are not investing in cryptocurrency:

1.   They don’t the blockchain technology – they don’t have any clue have this thing works beyond the internet world
2.   They don’t have money – let’s face it only those people who have money can access the trading platform. Even you know how blockchain works but if you don’t have money you can still not able to invest.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
vahidzeal

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:09:22 PM

my view on why people dont want to invest on crypto
i feel most people are scared of loosen thier money
and on the other hand they dont have the knowledge
of the market if they are trained and educated on it
they will eventually do so. the gov't have always stand
against anything that doesn't benefit them it only a matter
of time they will find a solution on how to tax customers
and crypto currency investors they will even support the market
also add some benefactory option only the problem the market
will be flood investors it will be lucrative.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:26:12 PM

I think the risk is always there in every investment wherever it is where the place is always there is always a risk, you must be able to overcome and pass the risks available to be able to get a lot of profits.
money_amount

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

People do not want to invest in crypto. I think the main reason is they do not understand the blockchain technology, if they have a good knowledge of blockchain, I believe they will invest in crypto.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:15:12 PM

The Crypto market is always full of risks, maybe some of them do not master market knowledge as well as computer knowledge of the applications. So they decided not to participate in Crypto which is completely clear.

mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:43:13 AM

The Crypto market is always full of risks, maybe some of them do not master market knowledge as well as computer knowledge of the applications. So they decided not to participate in Crypto which is completely clear.
But if they know the benefits of investing Crypto, they will be interested to try although the Crypto market indeed full of risks, but there we can enjoy the benefits of a consistent if we are able to manage it well.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

They do not want to invest their money simply because they do not believe in something that they cannot have a hard  proof and they cannot have it physically.  Cryptos are digital and it is difficult to persuade some maybe because it is not regulated by the government so they feel that there is no security at all.
Another problem is that crypto is not usable in local market till date and will take a long time, while regular currency can be used anywhere. Mostly people use their money in their local markets and crypto cannot be used in local markets. It is also a big problem for small investors that they do not invest their money in cryptocurrency.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:46:19 PM

Majority of the people still prefer cash than the virtual currency and it will take time before they turn their interest into cryptocurrencies. A lot of people need to be educated first not only using virtual currency but on how they can maximize their internet usage. If every countries has a high internet literacy, they will be able to learn many aspects of cryptocurrency before investing on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: