Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: After a Bad Sell  (Read 3735 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
Probably you are not just too patient or you just do not know when to sell a market. There is no way to deal with it than to find out what you have been doing wrong. As long as you are not losing, then you are good to go anyway. Everyone do have what they look for in the market, while some look out for the longer periods, some look for the short ones and they look for the next market. The thing however, is that you cannot know what to expect from any market at any time.
billyj111

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:53:48 PM

So this happened to me twice this week, first I sold Bitcoin Cash and the next day, it started booming and has not up considerably and still going strong, then I sold Golem and boom it goes too.

What do you do in such situations? When you finally sell for a small profit after a long wait but then you realize that you missed on big profit with you bad timing.
How do you deal with this? Any tips to minimize this or overcome after such bad timing decisions?
I think there is nothing to worry about. You earned your profit and it is good, it's better than seeing huge growth not to sell, and then this coin will be in a big disadvantage.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:46:08 PM

I could suggest you to avoid this situations is to sell partial quantity, and keep some with you, then you can get a chance to sell at higher price
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:57:00 PM

If you have sell when the price has not risen high enough and just to make a small profit, then you can buying it again but look first trend at that time, if the trend will still move up and the market will likely continue to increase then buy is the best. But if you see the trend will fall back, it will be better to wait again.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:58:48 PM

Move on so that you can still focus on other coins,that is the life of a trader,because you wont expect what will happen few days or hour  after you should these coins,the market is too volatile that is why we shouldnt be beating up ourselves with these events,because that is part of being a trader,getting FOMO or selling at panic.

icemanparachuter

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

You should really just have it in your decision making about when you buy where you are willing to sell, and how much you are willing to lose before selling. so if I buy $1k of ETH, i should know if I'm just day trading that if it hits $1200 i'm selling out, and waiting for it to dip back down, and if it goes below $800, then Im also limiting my losses. Then you just keep same strategy for each buy & sell you do, and if you just sold at $1200, don't buy back in when it goes to $1300, it'll dip back down to like that original $1k level. It's all cyclical, can't get caught up in the fomo but instead play the cycle game.
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:18:08 PM

No one can predict the future which is why it is normal to have this kind of situation as a trader you wont know what will happen not unless you are an insider,or a fortume teller or you came back from the future which is impossible.Do not beat up yourself,move on to another investment and enjoy the market's opportunity,never look back once again.

wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:06:50 AM

maybe a lot of people who experience it because the market and prices Altcoin often rise then than that if you want to sell altcoin better you sell altcoin that has a high value and you can sell another altcoin better wait for altcoin stable prices and can benefit
phas129nnn

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:46:30 PM

In trading must have a patient soul and do not panic quickly. When buying or selling token / coin, it is best to do partially, this may reduce disappointment.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:03:33 PM

Cant do anything about it,because you have lost your opportunity you should move one because theres nothing you can do about it,moving on so that you wont lose your guts to trade or to invest to these altcoins,that is completely normal IMO because thats how complicated trading is and you wont know what will happen.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
blood.maple.0401

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:31:18 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 05:23:32 PM by blood.maple.0401

One main rule if you loss a lot or earn a lot do not need to open new position right now to get more profit because you will need a time to decide how to acting better or you will loss profit. Grin
Tiigon

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:34:08 AM

Yes it always happens to a trader because most traders that if already profit at least must direct sell, if you want to minimize any tips that try to sell its not 100% of the coin assets, try to sell it 50% of coin assets or 20% so if the coin goes up again you can still get the benefits Smiley Thanks

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:36:14 AM

What I can suggest you avoid this situation is to sell partial quantity and keep some then you can get a chance to sell at higher if prices go again high.

Also, if you have made already enough profit from your investment then we shouldn't worry about these things because we can't always time the market. Now you need to find other good coins to invest and make more profit.
This is a pretty simple solution! why did I never think of this?! I would definitely try this!

To answer your question, I think if you already sold your coin, don't check the price again -- ever. This'll only make you regret things you've done. Just like what we do with love, do you really look back at the person you actually break up with? The answer is no right? just let them be, same with your coins, just let them be after you've sold it.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:28:20 AM

Back again to the psychological that is in each of us, at first I started trading also do the same always experience Cutloss because of panic and instant price jumped and then I bought back but the price will come back down again, well then I siasati by buying coins then leave it within a few days and make a price alarm according to what we want so now all my trading activities are doing for the long term.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Tengcreneng

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:44:28 AM

Do not rush to make a sale, first understand the coin cycle you have. If possible there is potential to increase again the price, then wait until the price increases. Then you can sell it. If you do not try to study and conduct an investigation, you will repeatedly make the same mistakes. Your sales will always not be on time.
Mercedes1107

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:00:54 AM

In my opinion,  you are selling those coins at a wrong price and you just need to have strategy for buying and selling. Many people that sold their coins out of panic did not have an  investment strategy and one needs to look at  chart to know if the an asset want to revise before selling.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

The only thing you can do is to move on and look for other altcoin that is not yet pumping. If you will focus on those coin that is already pumped up, you will lose the opportunity to get profit on other altcoins.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

You made up a wrong decision mate, thats why you did a panic selling. Just take that as an experience mate. You now know what to do next on the coin you are holding right now. For holders, there are so many waiting rewards mate, thats the reason. If you dont need moneey that much, just dont sell mate.
bamita127

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:25:29 PM

Never happened to me personally, except maybe in the very early days back in 2013. I've just learned to hold, plus I always buy right after crashes.
panovnu

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:42:15 PM

Why are you showing so much impatience. Hold them for years to get decent returns, invest only in top 10 coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: