Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The 94% Con by Jon Montroll  (Read 84936 times)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:38:16 PM

I suspect this might be todo with SEC enquiries - a bunch of people have been getting calls... they might have him in custody or advised him not to do anything... I'm waiting for 0.71 to come out of we-ex.

Seems to be still ongoing for Burnside, so it would be reasonable to assume its the same for Ukyo.... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131891.msg3669151#msg3669151

Ukyo must have big bollocks to ignore the fact, that SEC, FinCen, and others, obviously read this stuff.

--- Hi SEC/FinCen. Enjoyed the testimony  Smiley Loving your work and diligence, but please dont send Ukyo to jail just yet, as there may be a slim chance we will get our funds back. Is just freezing $1m in assets an option, by any chance? Many thanks ---
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hammurabi

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:38:22 PM

"There is some light in the tunnel"

<Ukto> he
<Ukto> he
<Ukto> ... "heh"
<nsa_> hehe?
<Syloq> Ukto, hide, quick.
<nsa_> the "mob" is going to start a witchhunt soon.. what is the status?
<Ukto> i have brought in some other people to help with the situation
<Ukto> and work towards the fastest resolution.
<blastbob> Sounds good Smiley
<nsa_> what is the actual problem with bitcoind?
<Ukto> I am hoping to post some sort of update tonight if possible, but probably a real update Monday/Tuesday when everything can be put together at once
<Ukto> the world.
<Ukto> it was decided to stop handing out small bits of information causing misinformation
<Ukto> until we can give a full an accurate explanation
<the20year1> yay
<Ukto> so please work with me on this for the moment.
<Ukto> I am not dissapearing, and have no intentions to
<Ukto> I have just been very very busy lately trying to work on everything being pushed on me
<Ukto> but, i have to get back to the current crap
<Ukto> i'll be back around a bit later
<the20year1> joy
<Ukto> wish i had better news
<Ukto> but there is some light in the tunnel
<Ukto> afk

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
Sanqianli

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:09:38 PM

<Ukto> he
<Ukto> he
<Ukto> ... "heh"
<nsa_> hehe?
<Ukto> I am hoping to post some sort of update tonight if possible, but probably a real update Monday/Tuesday when everything can be put together at once
<Ukto> the world.
<Ukto> it was decided to stop handing out small bits of information causing misinformation
<the20year1> yay
<Ukto> I have just been very very busy lately trying to work on everything being pushed on me
<the20year1> joy
<Ukto> afk
thank you to share this information
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:14:41 PM

Just got back on-line briefly. I need to address a few things.

Ukyo is not anonymous. Plenty of people know him and all his details. Let me repeat that - he is not anonymous and he could not run away with our funds for all kinds of reasons. He has not disappeared.

Starting a public witch hunt at this point will achieve nothing positive. The only important thing is to work with him to recover our funds. As he has stated, he has brought in help. I've had this confirmed elsewhere but I've been asked not to divulge identities. Yes, I know, it sucks, but not everything can be done in public.

As someone owed a significant amount, and as the person who raised the initial alarm, I can say that I'm happy with the decision to get help.

Please don't run off screaming and shouting to all and sundry. That's my money as well as yours that you're risking if you do. While I understand the anger and frustration - I've had more than one sleepless night this week over this - the only thing we should be focused on is seeing that money back in our own wallets.

I can also confirm he isn't in custody or any such thing!

lophie - please do not go posting personal information. He is not anonymous anyway and is well known to a number of us in the community. If you start a public witch hunt of that kind you're causing trouble rather than helping resolve it. Having people list what they're owed and pushing for answers is fine, but let's not have the pitchforks.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:37:36 PM

Let me repeat that - he is not anonymous and he could not run away with our funds for all kinds of reasons.

Depends on how much money and how far he is willing to run.  Plenty of nice non-extradition countries with sunny beaches where a couple million will last a lifetime.  Maybe he will be willing to "escrow" his passport with John K. Smiley
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:55:39 PM

How long is too long to wait? Maybe we should set a date.  I think some people who are the waiting the longest, have been waiting upwards of 40 days.

How long is too long? 45 days, 50 days?

Could it really take 2 months to fix a technical problem? Again I am not familiar with bitcoind but I never had a technical problem than took me more than a week to work out. I don't think Ukyo is a scammer. But I do hope that his help he found can sort this out, this is really ridiculous, even if/when he gives everyone's money back who will ever want to work with him again.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:18:08 PM

Information we obtained, We now have digital copies of the company's documents. We have the legal name and personal information of Ukyo and Graet (Graet is kinda known to begin with Smiley ). Yet we don't know how to use such information to pursue the retrieval of our money.

any suggestions? I will ask my source if I am allowed to post the info here.

Can you explain how Graet is involved?  Pardon my ignorance.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

Information we obtained, We now have digital copies of the company's documents. We have the legal name and personal information of Ukyo and Graet (Graet is kinda known to begin with Smiley ). Yet we don't know how to use such information to pursue the retrieval of our money.

When I was researching the market a few months back it seemed Graet is the main guy behind Weexchange, while Ukyo was running BitFunder.  Now it seems the roles are a bit intertwined with Ukyo fixing the Weex server issues, but Graeme Tee may also have control over the wallet or systems.  Anyone else know more?   

Also I have some money waiting to be transferred:

Transaction ID   fHpanuUZAS1Vo4mLKRgMZ4cFV8A6iNDm, Debit   0.12080818 BTC
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:01:06 PM

When I was researching the market a few months back it seemed Graet is the main guy behind Weexchange, while Ukyo was running BitFunder.  Now it seems the roles are a bit intertwined with Ukyo fixing the Weex server issues, but Graeme Tee may also have control over the wallet or systems.  Anyone else know more?   

Also I have some money waiting to be transferred:

Transaction ID   fHpanuUZAS1Vo4mLKRgMZ4cFV8A6iNDm, Debit   0.12080818 BTC

I dont know it but since ukyo claimed "it was decided" and implies at least 2 persons decided, that there are at least 2 persons responsible for weexchange. Why those 2 persons can get to the impression that it might be better to not communicate is beyong my understanding. They greatly underestimate circles of doom. This one here already reached speaking about lawsuits.

If you look into the forum... bad things happen all the time. The one with no communication turn out bad, if not very bad for the boss. The others, that keep explaining and communicating move the things into far better waters with this.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:04:30 PM

<Ukto> he
<Ukto> he
<Ukto> ... "heh"
<nsa_> hehe?
<Ukto> the world.
<the20year1> yay
<the20year1> joy
<Ukto> afk
thank you to share this information

What is this Huh UKTO ?? IS THIS A JOKE?
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

Yes, I do know those 2 (out of 4) were mentionned by TF as a reason not to refund everyone 100%.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:08:25 PM

Yes, I do know those 2 (out of 4) were mentionned by TF as a reason not to refund everyone 100%.

Please elaborate, is the inputs.io hack related to this? 
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:11:10 PM

Are they this big investor group that dropped out after Terrahash already had paid for much regarding miner creation leaving him with a big loss?

Kouye

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:11:26 PM

Please elaborate, is the inputs.io hack related to this? 

Maybe not.
But https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.msg3589179#msg3589179

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

Wow... never have seen such a bad Trustrating... but i dont understand this post. Graet and ukyo didnt respond about what? They should pay something to TH or the other way around?

Kouye

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:23:42 PM

Wow... never have seen such a bad Trustrating... but i dont understand this post. Graet and ukyo didnt respond about what? They should pay something to TH or the other way around?

TF claims they have defaulted loans on CL, which does not help refunding, as far as I understand.

krimsonkla

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:12:36 PM

WeExchange is a public company in Australia. There for the articles of incorporation are public knowledge and available to anyone.

Company name, ACN and ABN are posted on the contact us page.
https://www.weexchange.co/?page=helpcontact

A request from ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) produced the following report.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bza0Sx1iSRWqRVlNSm94YUtwSjQ/edit?usp=sharing
Bananery

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:04:07 AM

TF claims they have defaulted loans on CL, which does not help refunding, as far as I understand.

Graet didn't loan anything on CL, but TF had Graet.loan bonds in his hedge fund. Graet hasn't redeemed those bonds, but says he intends to redeem about half of all his bonds by mid 2014.
msm595

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:16:45 AM

Thankfully what little I had in bitfunder was in shares, and they have since been moved to direct shares or other exchanges.

So I am one of the people who transferred IN some btc to go over the .1 limit ... now mine are stuck too. Might as well add it to the list.

2013-11-14 21:37:51     Withdraw     0.15721596 BTC     Processing     TxNjckwrDCXSf4fiubicNKlPFvd1SXJ2

Same here:

2013-11-18 15:33:43   Withdraw   0.10010915 BTC     Processing     kG27FRyzbHfS1MOF8EizgODXJcuRxMrz

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 12:24:31 AM

Graet didn't loan anything on CL, but TF had Graet.loan bonds in his hedge fund. Graet hasn't redeemed those bonds, but says he intends to redeem about half of all his bonds by mid 2014.

So its TH that is in debt? I have read it this way too. If its the case its not a good news anyway because it means ukyo might have lost money there... private money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: