Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The 94% Con by Jon Montroll  (Read 84940 times)
daCoops

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:08:19 AM

This is turning out to be an interesting, but yet sad, saga to read through. I've only got 0.8 BTC stuck in there (~700USD about) Which is a lot of money to me, but its not life changing. I see people with about 250,000 USD sitting in that list! Christ that's life changing!

Bitcoin has the possibility to carry on going up in value - but it's also got the possibility to crash back down to zero. It's great saying that Ukyo is dealing with it, but is everyone going to be happy if he finally fixes whatever magical automatic process he's working on to process these withdrawals if the price is half or a quarter or a tenth of what it is now?

It's sad to see this happen for those who are the true advocates of the BitCoin community and who really want to make BTC a true global currency. The whole infrastructure of exchanges for a currency is key for it's growth, and without a reliable one, you can't gain trust. WeExchange non withdrawals, large deposits going missing with BTC-E, Vircurex getting hacked, BTC/BitFunder closing, MT-Gox taking 2+months for withdrawals... really unfortunate...

Anyway.... where's my money?
feedthedogs

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:13:11 AM

For the list:

Date   2013-11-20 18:25:04
Transaction ID   dDIq7XPNVfD9e1H85N1IvQ1V9SBO8WwZ
Type   Withdraw
Debit   0.11071564 BTC
Credit   
Fee   0.00000000 BTC
BTC Transaction   
Status   Processing
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:14:06 AM

This is turning out to be an interesting, but yet sad, saga to read through. I've only got 0.8 BTC stuck in there (~700USD about) Which is a lot of money to me, but its not life changing. I see people with about 250,000 USD sitting in that list! Christ that's life changing!

There are people with more than that.

It's sad to see this happen for those who are the true advocates of the BitCoin community and who really want to make BTC a true global currency. The whole infrastructure of exchanges for a currency is key for it's growth, and without a reliable one, you can't gain trust.

+1

For all the talk of lack of regulation, coin taint etc, this is the flip side. No consumer protection at all, and we're now dealing with enormous sums of money.

I need to sleep. Maybe tomorrow everything will be better.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:01:26 AM

Date   2013-11-07 19:28:21
Transaction ID   mJJF19P6QdfeNb6conNxFBtK41xMdc0H
Type   Withdraw
Debit   0.50136641 BTC
Credit   
Fee   0.00000000 BTC
BTC Transaction   
Status   Processing

I have about 1/2 a bitcoin stuck in WeExchange, with no response from a representative.

It seems unlikely for most of us to get our BTC back, especially since BTC prices are so high and I doubt that WeExchange keeps 1000+ BTC on hand.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
krimsonkla

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:16:58 AM

I give up.... Do with this information as you will. Deadlines come, deadlines go, bitcoins lost.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bza0Sx1iSRWqYVRiMkRaLVlrcFE&usp=sharing
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:31:59 AM

I give up.... Do with this information as you will. Deadlines come, deadlines go, bitcoins lost.

Is that possible to delegate a lawyer to helping us get back our BTC?
szmarco

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:37:45 AM

Is that possible to delegate a layer to helping us get back our BTC?

*lawyer*
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:41:20 AM

Is that possible to delegate a layer to helping us get back our BTC?

*lawyer*
Changed.
oxyon

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:42:15 AM

Ukyo already scammed you.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:54:14 AM

I hope I'm not annonying but sorry: called it.

Just try to look at the writing on the wall (this is from someone scammed a few times before).  This is a delay tactic.  Are you guys not ******** pissed that this over 1.5 million and Ukyo can't deem it worthy enough of his time to even spend 20 seconds saying what is going on?

It looks like we got scammed. But let's not get jerked around further, for another month, with complete bullshit like "Oh an update just might come tomorrow if you are lucky! Just hang on, hang on. Yup, can't say what the problem is. You know, it's really unclear. Something odd happened can't put my finger on it. You send your millions of USD in and it just like disappeared somewhere, going to check the backroom hang on, update in 8 4 oh no 10 more days, just can't seem to put my finger on what happened! "

Whoever has more than 10 btc or what not should set a deadline. Like in the next 48hrs. Once passed with no update, bring your recovery to the next stage. Thanks shitfanleaks for not being gullible enough to buy this waiting-for-maybe-an-update-tomorrow waste of time.

You are exactly right.  Just what I have been thinking.

how are those miners coming along?  Your shareholders care about that more than your 50btc locked away on BF.  there is more money at stake over in your thread so get over there

thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:36:48 AM

It looks like NEO&BEE from Cyprus is going to acquire Weex: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348468.msg3732068#msg3732068

moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:46:23 AM

It looks like NEO&BEE from Cyprus is going to acquire Weex: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348468.msg3732068#msg3732068

Thanks for the info, this was really useful. I am immediately selling my NEOBEE shares.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:50:43 AM

Thanks for the info, this was really useful. I am immediately selling my NEOBEE shares.

Not sure where it says they will be acquiring weexchange. Looks more like they will try to get everyones money out and never touch it again.
moribana

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:56:17 AM

Not sure where it says they will be acquiring weexchange. Looks more like they will try to get everyones money out and never touch it again.

It does not matter to me whether they want to acquire it. What matters to me is that NEOBEE is involved in this shady thing. Just read the text. The language is already frightening. It is really something very shady and I want to stay away from that. I thought that NEOBEE was a legit company. But now I do not think so. They are most likely also scammers and gangsters. And you can already tell this from the pompous language this guy uses.

"I will be providing the answer in full, however right now it is impossible for what I would describe as legal reasons, but the answers are coming, that I promise, but cannot give an exact time as to when this information can be made public."

And so on...
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:00:23 AM

It does not matter to me whether they want to acquire it. What matters to me is that NEOBEE is involved in this shady thing. Just read the text. The language is already frightening. It is really something very shady and I want to stay away from that. I thought that NEOBEE was a legit company. But now I do not think so. They are most likely also scammers and gangsters. And you can already tell this from the pompous language this guy uses.

"I will be providing the answer in full, however right now it is impossible for what I would describe as legal reasons, but the answers are coming, that I promise, but cannot give an exact time as to when this information can be made public."

And so on...

Yea I honestly can't think of an explanation for the secrecy that wouldn't make ukyo look bad. I also agree that there is no reason for neo&bee to affiliate with this mess but if they do magically get everyones money back that would definitely be a good thing. I think everyone has lost confidence in ukyo to resolve this on his own.
BigCstyle

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:41:50 AM

In this case I feel any response or workings of a solution is better than no response.
Power to ya Neo&Bee, I and many others will be awaiting some positive movement.
fiktionist

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:30:47 AM

i personally don't think that i will get my 15btc back. But what really makes me sad is the fact, that again someone who got trust from the community fucked everything up.

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:45:13 AM

I don't understand why Ukyo knowing there are problems with weex still happily was receiving funds there.
He did not give a warning to not send funds to weex. That is bad sign.

Another thing is private data collection. He shutdown the exchange, but prior to that weex collected impressive amount of personal data of non-US citizens.

So we have these puzzles:
- withholding withdraws
- collecting personal data
- taking more money in
- outsourcing the problem to neobee
- mystery promise of big weex being transformed to something extraordinary

Maybe this is just drama-show to attract more attention to NeoBee ?!
In early days Polish exchange BitChange was hacked and MtGox stepped in to reimburse all missing coins.
Everybody where happy and mtgox gained broad attention and credibility.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
Spekko

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:15:38 AM

I don't understand why Ukyo knowing there are problems with weex still happily was receiving funds there.

Another thing is private data collection. He shutdown the exchange, but prior to that weex collected impressive amount of personal data of non-US citizens.

- withholding withdraws
- taking more money in

In early days Polish exchange BitChange was hacked and MtGox stepped in to reimburse all missing coins.

this exactly!.

I sent in 0.06 btc to weex so that I could withdraw the little I have. If he knew the problems he was having why the hell allow MORE funds to be added and get lost (i know, to pour some gravy into them pockets) and why not put a message on the site that withdraws are broken.
Im sorry but i dont see any funds comming back from this :/, this is just sad.
keeping people in the dark after every LITTLE bit of contact we get regarding the situation just makes things even worse.

dealing with MILLIONS one would have atlease expected proper communication regarding the issues. these people are just BAD, all i can say to describe them.
moribana

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:22:46 AM

- withholding withdraws
- taking more money in

The fact that he was accepting funds proves that he is a scammer. In fact there is still no sign that WeEx stopped accepting deposits. You can go all the way to the deposit address and there is no warning. I think that you can still deposit there! (To be honest, I haven't tried it  Grin) . To me this is a clear sign that it is a scam.

On the other hand, I do not believe that Neo&Bee wants/can bail out WeEx. We are already talking about $1.5M and this might just be the tip of the iceberg. This Neo&Bee business is something that probably no honest person wants to know about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: