Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and altcoin: Who will take control of the market?  (Read 6933 times)
beezare

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:48:12 PM

I think altcoin is a big market, but if you want to buy altcoin, you have to buy bitcoin and then use the bitcoin to buy altcoin, it's hard to find a place to buy altcoin directly and as long as the system has to buy altcoin using bitcoin, it would be very unlikely altcoin will have a price greater than bitcoin
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:07:36 PM

Without bitcoin there's no Altcoins because you can't buy altcoin without using bitcoin in most cases so I will say bitcoin will always lead in the market. Despite the fact that Ethereum is trying to compete with bitcoin I don't believe it can over come it now but in the nearest future Ethereum will grow.
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:18:27 PM

Usually, if you would such as to buy altcoins, you need to buy bitcoin and after that use that bitcoin in order to buy the alts. Errors in trading with Bitcoins and Altcoins can create you lose your important investment at a really short time
Kingjagat

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:21:40 PM

I do not really agree with you. What I see in the market is normal. I see Bitcoin rising and other coins coming up too. It proves that Bitcoin is still a major coin in the crypto market. If Alt Coin works better than Bitcoin then why when Bitcoin decreases Alt coins also come down ?. Just because a slight increase does not make the Alt coin better than Bitcoin. I think it's still too far to compare Bitcoin with Alt coin. Bitcoin is still the best coin.

I think this is what makes bitcoin and ethereum specifically so great in terms of all altcoin other. during system must buy altcoin using bitcoin / ETH, very impossible altcoin will exceed bitcoin, because there will be a person who enter a lot of money to BTC as they do. this is the opinion of interesting that I doubt many people in this forum share. altcoin generally is just a larger market, but for the most part, bitcoin is a bridge between them. generally, if you want to buy altcoin, you should buy bitcoin and then use bitcoin it to purchase alts. difficult to find a place to buy altcoin directly.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:01:17 PM

Bitcoin leading position seems to be debatable as Altcoins have recorded a stronger rise recently and the market is less affected by Bitcoin. Instead of following the general price trend of bitcoin, many cryptocurrencies also start to follow their own way.
sureblinks

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:08:52 PM

bitcoin will still lead the market considering the technology behind it its one coin you can trust that will pave even more ways in future
Debu

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:16:54 PM

For me still I believe bitcoin is the only one coin versus the thousands of altcoins, so bitcoin still dominates the market. Because if you look at the market, When the price of bitcoin rise then altcoins price also rise and when bitcoin price fall down then the altcoins market goes down as well. May be ,marketcap wise altcoins(approx 60% of the marketcap) dominates bitcoin(37% of the marketcap).
hachimon

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:29:50 PM

In times of volatility and uncertainty, investors tend to favor one particular crypto that has high liquidity and is stable. At the current time, Bitcoin price trend still dominates the market trend.

However, Bitcoin leading position seems to be doubtable as Altcoins have recorded a stronger rise recently and the market is less affected by Bitcoin. Instead of following the general price trend of bitcoin, many cryptocurrencies also start to follow their own “trajectory”.

This week, the altcoin works much better than both Bitcoin and Ethereum. The added value of the ERC20 tokens and the increasing demand for small cryptocurrencies of investors in the global market has proved that Crypto investors are more confident in betting their money on this market.

Saxo Investment Bank from Danish, with its aim to focus on online trading and investment, has announced in a recent report that the capital inflows from organizations to the Crypto market will lead to a rise in prices for most of these currencies.

I really agree with you. bitcoin will still be the coin that controls the market because we need bitcoin to buy altcoin. if the bitcoin price drops then most altcoin will also fall. bitcoin becomes an altcoin reference. but some altcoins such as litecoin already have their own market unaffected bitcoin.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 10:42:13 PM

Having a competition is always been good, it makes a healthier market just like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies but bitcoin will always be declared as winner even there are many altcoins circulating in the market. Bitcoin has always been dominant for past few years up until now, so still bitcoin controls the market after all.

iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:10:37 PM

I think altcoin will not control the crypto market, because this bitcoin is the king of all coins, and altcoin is his warrior so it will not be possible the king is defeated by the warrior, without the bitcoin definitely altcoin never existed, and if we invest in altcoin more at risk than invest in altcoin, so bitcoin still leads the market
kupido14

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:21:41 PM
Merited by android17 (1)

I still believe the the bitcoin itself dominates among other coin so the bitcoin will still take control of the market. Thise alternative coins are still far to be expected to repace bitcoin.

pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:33:47 PM

Bitcoin holds a very huge amount of market capitalization that it consumes the total amount of market cap of cryptos’ top 100. That’s why a very small percent of downtrend of bitcoin will send aftershock to the entire cryptoworld as almost all alt coins’ market price will also shaken.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:50:42 PM

I think altcoin will not control the crypto market, because this bitcoin is the king of all coins, and altcoin is his warrior so it will not be possible the king is defeated by the warrior, without the bitcoin definitely altcoin never existed, and if we invest in altcoin more at risk than invest in altcoin, so bitcoin still leads the market

Altcoins price do only follow on what is the current value of bitcoin. Therfor bitcoin will still the winner if we are going to compare them both. Though alts has a wider range of coins that may seem to be more indemand when comapred to bitcoin because majority of people are into trading  .

But overall , it does not really matter whether alts or bitcoin can take control of the market because more important is there are still crypto that we can use in order to earn a profit and to use for useful porpuses
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2190

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:37:29 AM

I guess, saying about control you mean the dominance of Bitcoin or altcoins on the entire crypto exchange market. In my opinion, this market will be segmented in the future. The currently conducted ICO campaigns will gather an investments and thus they will increase the global capitalization of the crypto exchange markets. We already see how the prices of successful tokens (for example, EOS) are rising rapidly, and how they are decreasing the dominance of Bitcoin.
S.GOMEs

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:32:33 AM

Obviously bitcoin. Most of the altcoins are depending on bitcoin directly or indirectly. When the price of bitcoin rise then altcoins price also rise and when bitcoin price fall down then market goes down.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:36:55 AM

the coin that will control the market is the coin that have more popularity and more demand in the market, because the most sold coin is the popular one and will be the top of the list of the market. so i think there are many factors that make bitcoin or altcoin that will take control in the markets

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:56:18 AM

the coin that will control the market is the coin that have more popularity and more demand in the market, because the most sold coin is the popular one and will be the top of the list of the market. so i think there are many factors that make bitcoin or altcoin that will take control in the markets
That's right whoever gained real popularity will dominate inside this industry, Bitcoin still holding it as from this moment and there's no real competitions, Bitcoin is being used by several well known businesses online so he still be the number one and have many supporters we can't say that it will be there forever only time can tell if there's another project that will be more adopted aside from Bitcoin.
Dr.Nina

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:57:04 AM

The world is full of competition. There is a competition at every sector to make their existence at strong platform. All are trying to take number position. Now, in crypto market we see bitcoin is at number one position. The other coin like altcoin also has a unique characteristics. Altcoin is become popular day by day. But it will be very difficult for altcoin to take number one position shortly. But in long run it may. If it so, we will welcome.
nakamita

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:15:58 AM

Of course bitcoin still controls the market, in recent years Bitcoin still controls the market and now it still happens.
christian1103

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:59:52 AM

These days it seems like altcoins are doing better than bitcoin because pretty much all of their prices are green while bitcoin price is red. But the difference is to little to consider it a threat to bitcoin.Bitcoin dictates the market since it's price movement is usually the basis of it's price increase and vice versa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: