Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:03:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28088 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:16:24 PM

I currently have 9 BFL 60GH singles running.  I had 10 but 1 caught fire offsite - pretty much a total loss.

3 of the Singles are now being powered by ATX PSUs because the BFL supplied PSUs have died.  One died 3 days ago - that too caught on fire but extinguished very quickly.

So for 20 components, we have 1 miner failure and 3 PSU failures. 4/20 failures. This is not counting my day 1 original Single which died after 6.5 days of use.  The RMAed unit seems to be doing much better fortunately.  If I include that it's 5/21 failures.

Only reason I keep using the BFL PSUs is because I want to see how many will die in before year end.  I have 3 ATX PSUs sitting idle but I just wanna watch this Hindenburg.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:39:45 PM

Only reason I keep using the BFL PSUs is because I want to see how many will die in before year end.  I have 3 ATX PSUs sitting idle but I just wanna watch this Hindenburg.

Just... Wow. Be safe. I'm sure you are an isolated case.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:50:39 PM

Only reason I keep using the BFL PSUs is because I want to see how many will die in before year end.  I have 3 ATX PSUs sitting idle but I just wanna watch this Hindenburg.

I've seen enough reports of BFL units catching fire to make me very nervous.  I'm wondering if someone could recommend a specific replacement power supply.  I might sleep better at night if I just proactively replaced it before it burns my house down.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:54:44 PM

I've seen enough reports of BFL units catching fire to make me very nervous.  I'm wondering if someone could recommend a specific replacement power supply.  I might sleep better at night if I just proactively replaced it before it burns my house down.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365800.msg3905738#msg3905738 Ask Lightfoot.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:13:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276692.msg3916596#msg3916596

I have received my jalapeno irdered 30/05/2013 yesterday

And it's not working

If one day josh come in public conference, I will try to punch him in the nose. ftfy

Violence is not the answer. Putting them out of biz by not buying their broken products... that is well within our power.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:48:13 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365800.msg3908651#msg3908651

I don't have one of the failed ones here, but I'm not so sure they're failing in a safe way. A power supply that fails in such a way that gets a strong shock through their arm by touching it is extremely dangerous.  BFL needs to stop shipping those supplies, the reports of Jalapenos tripping home circuit breakers is disturbingly numerous.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

I was shocked this morning to finally get a response from BFL support!

Here's my timeline (all dates in 2013):
-- March 7 -- BFL said if I ordered today, they would "likely" ship my unit in June.
-- March 7 -- Placed order with BFL.
-- October 12 -- Unit finally arrived, 3.5 months later than promised.
-- November 12 -- Unit died, just shy of one month in operation.  Sent emails to support, got no response.  Called support, automated phone system hung up on me.  Mailed unit to BFL without an RMA.
-- November 20 -- Received working unit back from BFL.  No paperwork.  I have no idea what they did.
-- December 12 -- Received email response from BFL support asking if my issue had been resolved.  Almost fell off my chair!

My plan is to wait 30 days, then email back thanking them for their prompt response.  ;-)

What timezone are they in, anyway?  Twilight Bozo Zone?

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

3 of the Singles are now being powered by ATX PSUs because the BFL supplied PSUs have died.  One died 3 days ago - that too caught on fire but extinguished very quickly.

You actually dared running your singles from them? I don't even dare storing them unplugged in the house, I felt like I was getting cancer from just unboxing them.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:58:29 PM

You actually dared running your singles from them? I don't even dare storing them unplugged in the house, I felt like I was getting cancer from just unboxing them.

Yeah I'm running them in my wife's office and it's fully insured... but then again insurance doesn't cover neglience and I think everything in the design of these singles in pure negligence.  I've had a couple video cards that ran into the 120C range because the VRMs failed.  Mining is not without risk.

I just made sure to leave the miners away from combustible material on a ceramic floor.

For a while I was going to give BFL props for having the best looking miners that were the easiest to use - that was for the 6 days before my 1st Single blew white smoke.  I still think if you get a cool running unit they make the easiest to setup hardware, but I will never sleep easy until all my singles are dead or sold off.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:33:33 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1swbgk/how_has_your_cointerra_andor_butterfly_labs/ce25x27

Stay away from Butterfly. Pile of cat shit on a white-hot hibachi company. Shit tech support, shit product. I know someone who ordered in April, got the unit in November, and the front tablet panel was busted. Wouldn't mine via command line, had to screw with proprietary drivers because their GUI Easy Miner would hang mercilessly. Imagine building a new 2014 Toyota online; it arrives 6 months later, and it's a 1991 Chevy Cavalier.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:35:50 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1st6fu/bfl_25ghs_asic_hashing_at_15_ghs_bfl_offers/

BFL 25ghs ASIC hashing at 15 GHs; BFL offers replacement. Should I ship it back? (self.BitcoinMining)

I emailed BFL's customer support about a month ago and got a response today. An ASIC I ordered (25 GH/s unit) hashes consistently at 10-15 GH/s, and has done so for the last month or so. They offered to replace it if I shipped it back. Should I do it? I will lose mining time and with difficulty rising fast, I'm concerned the time would be better spent mining with 15 rather than wait for 25.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg4044319#msg4044319

Fucking piece of shit (jalopeno) - exploded power supply, burned himself, burned miner, usb hub and burned laptop. I paid 300$ for laptop killer? Josh bitch, burn in hell, you bastard.
http://cs314222.vk.me/v314222063/674f/VZaGBUCk0ZQ.jpg
http://cs314222.vk.me/v314222063/6758/EZ2X8hxrlMA.jpg

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:57:57 PM

My jally died today after 2 weeks of use and over half year of waiting. What a POS.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

My jally died today after 2 weeks of use and over half year of waiting. What a POS.

Watch what you say - if you get on their bad list you may not be eligible for their 3 week RMA process.  And be happy you got 2 weeks, I got 6 days out of my single.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:51:51 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375541.msg4021383#msg4021383

Hi,

The 50GH unit I have is not working anymore. The lights are on, but no fans are running at all. Also, no response from BFL!! is there an alternative or some kind of universal power adapter ? I see the amps are very high (31A)!!!!

Can two (25GH) adapters work (possibly Xbox adapters....)?

Regards,,,

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:01:23 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375541.msg4021383#msg4021383

Hi,

The 50GH unit I have is not working anymore. The lights are on, but no fans are running at all. Also, no response from BFL!! is there an alternative or some kind of universal power adapter ? I see the amps are very high (31A)!!!!

Can two (25GH) adapters work (possibly Xbox adapters....)?

Regards,,,

Dude,that's only 3 or 4 units out of MILLIONS of units BFL has designed,assembled,tested,packed & shipped.............................................  Cheesy

Figured I beat Josh to the punch line!!!!  Grin

You do know BFL owns 90% of the network hashrate,right Huh

Beat you again Josh!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:12:43 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 09:40:08 AM by Bicknellski

He is too busy to copy paste that all again... and where is SLOK? Did he give up as well now he has been sacrificed and demodded can we expect him to now turn over the darkside with us and be anti-BFL?

There is unfortunately plenty of good evidence to support that BFL has had a significant number of product failures as well as well under-performing units at this point if you have not had the time to read all the available forums and posts regarding this I just hope this little thread does save a few people the hassles of dealing with BFL in 2014 by dissuading them from purchasing anything BFL new or used.

mueslo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:57:23 AM

Got my Little Single 25GH/s nearly a month ago. Started out as 15GH/s. Dropped to 4GH/s after a day. Would not start at all a day after that.

They've ignored all my RMA requests so far. Additionally, I'm in Europe...

Any advice?
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

He is too busy to copy paste that all again... and where is SLOK? Did he give up as well now he has been sacrificed and demodded can we expect him to now turn over the darkside with us and be anti-BFL?
SLok has been sacrificed and demodded? (demodded???) Another pile of made up shit from the Bickfailsky? Facts and fiction, are you so delusional from the butthurt you can't tell one from the other any more? What a joke Bicknell, or is it Don Quichotte?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:58:08 PM

SLok has been sacrificed and demodded? (demodded???) Another pile of made up shit from the Bickfailsky? Facts and fiction, are you so delusional from the butthurt you can't tell one from the other any more? What a joke Bicknell, or is it Don Quichotte?

Honest question: Why are ad-hominem attacks and childish name-calling Standard Operating Procedure for defenders, supporters, and staff of Butterfly Labs ?

Did Josh Zerlan write the customer service handbook for Butterfly Labs ? Is it required reading, so you can all coordinate an immaturely unified public presence and message on these forums ? I note many contextual and behavioral similarities across several supportive accounts that I have observed over time.

Do you recognize that you are taking the low road and turning off potential customers ? Do you even care ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: