Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28088 times)
ProudMiner

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:15:55 PM

I ordered a Jalapeno 7 GH/s in August, I received it a week ago, the unit was hashing at 8,5 GH/s at 50 Celsious.
I removed the stock paste and replaced it with Arctic Silver and I got rid of the surrounding aluminium.
The temp droped at 30-35 Celcious but the PSU died 4 days after.
I tried to find the same PSU but I couldn't find a 13V 6A so I bought a 12V 10A and I am waiting for it to see if the Jalapeno works.
The PSU is garbage, I 've read hundreds of posts for PSUs that died in the first week, it's a shame, 425$ down the drain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NecroBones

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

I ordered a Jalapeno 7 GH/s in August, I received it a week ago, the unit was hashing at 8,5 GH/s at 50 Celsious.
I removed the stock paste and replaced it with Arctic Silver and I got rid of the surrounding aluminium.
I tried to find the same PSU but I couldn't find a 13V 6A so I bought a 12V 10A and I am waiting for it to see if the Jalapeno works.
The PSU is garbage, I 've read hundreds of posts for PSUs that died in the first week, it's a shame, 425$ down the drain.

Anecdotally, I've heard that anything in the 12V-13V ballpark will work with the Jallies, so you should be good to go with the new PSU. So technically the only thing down the drain is the cost of the second PSU, since the first shouldn't have failed on you like that.

Well... that and many months of missed easier difficulties and hashing time.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:36:42 AM

Bickski must not follow the BFL forums, he obviously missed this thread:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/post-sales-customer-service/7579-all-6-our-mining-devices-have-stopped-working-2.html

All 6 of our units have now stopped working. The first unit malfunctioned just 24 hours after arrival, an RMA was requested, approved, but then further communications ceased. All 5 of our remaining units stopped working at 3:46am this morning, RMAs have been requested for these devices. I hope we do not have to wait another 6 months to get replacements shipped, if we do we would rather have our money refund as all 6 units were faulty. We will NEVER order another product from BFL again, such a bad experience from fulfillment through to customer service and product quality.

What I like is the comment from Josh where he posts this picture:

That one has to go into Bickski's hall of shame... a unit that has been abused so much that it's full of crap yet still works after the fan is replaced (I can see the broken blade on the right hand small fan). 

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Yeah, I ran the numbers on Thursday... our RMA rate is 1.27% or thereabouts.  50% of that is like the picture above.  So the real failure rate is somewhere under 1% of delivered units.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Yeah sorry but you get a failing grade on customer service. No phone support? Inconvenient but not a problem and I understand wanting to save some money by not hiring some CSRs. Search the forums for hrs for your specific question and can't find it? Again not a problem because I can email you. Send a couple of emails that take days and sometimes weeks to respond to? Ok now we have a problem. How are you available for questions or concerns?
Like · 7 · November 8, 2013 at 3:08am

I emailed with a specific question about throttling at certain temps, since my 60GH unit never goes about 56GH, and they responded with an uninformative 6 word response, "It seems to be running normally." Great, thanks a lot.
Like · 1 · November 27, 2013 at 3:20am

a quick review: ordered a jalapeno on april. It arrived today, i had to pay 50$ for the shipment, and it's broken. Not bad.
Like · Reply · 22 · November 5, 2013 at 9:13pm

Got my miner int oday after 6 months and it is DOA , who to write other than everyone ?
Like · Reply · December 19, 2013 at 8:02am

https://www.facebook.com/ButterflyLabs

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

Is it even possible to talk to anybody that works for your company? I have received my unit after over a year only to have it fail 2 months into use. I have tried sending numerous emails, no reply. There is no way to talk to a live person through their phone system. This is the last thing I can possibly try to get the attention of your company. This is the worst customer service I have ever had, and I regret the decision of purchasing any products from you. I wish I had known you would take my money then block all communication afterwards before I decided to buy from you.
Like · Reply · 3 · December 5, 2013 at 3:18am

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:55:41 PM

I also received a broken Jalapeño and have no reply from BFL, sent 2 e-mails, 1 voice-mail and it has been 2 weeks.
Like · Reply · 2 · December 9, 2013 at 6:38pm · Edited

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:56:54 PM

Ordered my 25GH/s SC back in May, finally got it yesterday, after plugging in and following all the instructions to the letter, easyminer gets it ramped up to a blazzing 8 GH/s. Waiting to hear back from techsupport. Hoping I don't have bad hardware as well. Just got notification that my 5GH/s Jalepeno shipped today as well. Hopefully that one will run at 5GH/s out of the box. Feeling frustrated.
Like · Reply · November 20, 2013 at 3:01am

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:57:06 PM

Poor Bick Sad  He can't even get hardware out with his "ASIC for dummies" instructions he was given and spends all his time obsessing over BFL. It must really suck to be such a failure, I can't imagine what it's like.  Methinks he might be a bit envious and expresses it through lashing out like at those that can actually produce what he never can.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:05:50 PM

If you ever get a unit doa, dont expect to get a response in any timely fashion. I got a doa unit and its been a week and no response. By the time you get a response and gotten a rma? The difficulty would have risen at least once. Better to buy off ebay where people have them on hand and in working order. Btw i preordered in march and got my order 2 weeks ago. My estimated delivery was august.
Like · Reply · November 30, 2013 at 3:56am

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

Immediate shipping is not immediate shipping - it's been three weeks and my order is not shipped yet.
Like · Reply · December 20, 2013 at 6:12pm

Butterfly Labs is a fraud. They take your money. Do not ship a product and then do not respond to emails.
Like · Reply · December 19, 2013 at 6:16am

don't do it
Like · Reply · December 18, 2013 at 9:49am

still haven't gotten mine, ordered on black friday
Like · Reply · December 17, 2013 at 11:09pm

Sent band wire a week ago, no confirmation has been received, order status has not changed. No response from all email addresses. Please contact me!
Like · Reply · December 6, 2013 at 7:28am

Bought (before the Black Friday thing) because it said immediate shipping. Even paid an astronomical amount for upgraded shipping and yet a week later no shipping. Wish I had read about their unparalleled crappy service before I had ordered.
Like · Reply · December 6, 2013 at 4:30am

You might want to rethink if Inaba or BCP or anyone supporting BFL is really being honest given this sort of blanket negativity just on their Facebook pages. Who can you trust? Not BFL obviously.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:18:22 PM

Can't you find that "mountain" of failing products any more so you have to revert to copying over a month old snippets from failbook, bickfailsky? The best advertorial BFL has here are lunatics like you and Phin Cage. Thanks! Cheesy

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

How are Blackfriday people getting theirs when there is a backlog of others that have yet to receive theirs. Competitors are going stomp BFL in February, I bet I get my BA Prospero before my 3 Jali's...

why you dont have a credit/debit card payment option ?
Like · Reply · November 30, 2013 at 1:09am

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:40:12 AM

Yeah, I ran the numbers on Thursday... our RMA rate is 1.27% or thereabouts.  50% of that is like the picture above.  So the real failure rate is somewhere under 1% of delivered units.

Josh, do you honestly believe anyone actually believes any words you say??

that said some of what is posted here is BS.

anyhow, here is my fail rate:

1 SC25 running stock firmware @ 31 ghs (thanks bfl) would go "zombie" repeatedly and get restarted in the 2 days I actually ran it on the stock PSU. normally runs flawlessly on the computer PSUs, was an an antec 500, now a seasonic 750. had it a month.

1 jally 5 ghs flashed to 8.2 ghs. PSU failed after 6 months. runs on the seasonic now.

bfl single was fine the year I ran it.

so: 33% fail on the PSUs (50% for the SC series PSU), more if you count flaky operation on the SC25 PSU.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:10:05 AM

And the fucked up thing?

He not even bothering to ask anyone how he can help you on your issue or get your order numbers and pass it on to the people under him.

Lets face it, Inaba probably doesn't work for BFL anymore.

====================

If he says he still does....what does that tell you?
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:42:25 AM

Cablez makes modular PSU to BFL plug kits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0

This also attributes to the low reported failure rate bfl boy mentioned.  Most of us never used the cheap chinese fire hazard bricks for fear of our houses and DC's burning down.

Bitconian

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:37:55 AM

My butterfly just stopped working.

It doesn't turn on. The fans are not moving. I don't know if it's the bf mining device per se, or the power unit that comes with it, because it's also quiet.

Any suggestion?  I emailed BFL several times, but they haven't reply me back.  It took a year from my payment to delivery.....and 4 months later, it broke.

Thanks
B.

You can make me smile Smiley
1GEUEBTm6XfRuqAswrR6LbofnMq6VN5A5P
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:43:07 AM

My butterfly just stopped working.

It doesn't turn on. The fans are not moving. I don't know if it's the bf mining device per se, or the power unit that comes with it, because it's also quiet.

Any suggestion?  I emailed BFL several times, but they haven't reply me back.  It took a year from my payment to delivery.....and 4 months later, it broke.

Thanks
B.

98% chance its the power supply

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 04:43:43 AM

98% chance the power supply will fail.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

98% chance the power supply will fail.

Therefore send in the hazmat team. The ones that can blow the psu to kingdom come....just to make it doesn't hurt any innocent customers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: