Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:46:41 AM

does nxt handle 256 character passphase?

I believe the cutoff is 100 characters.  But I dont believe there is anything preventing the use of a wallet.dat type client with 256bit long keys

WTF....  So I could access people's wallet easily anywhere in the world with brute attacks.  Type password, "horsecock111"  Oh look, I found 100,000nxt. Cool!

BCnext, please support 256 characters for security reasons.

Um, WTF? You won't be able to brute force any 30 + character password that uses a mix of special characters, alpha and numerical even with a super computer so...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:47:43 AM

Interesting that the account number 12968364353024827435 sent 100,000 NXT to the account 100000. He is the owner of the domain Gridcoinnetwork.org.
I would like to know if he knows the password for the ID 100000 or did he sent it as a gift for the one who will get the account in the future.  Huh

My bet is that he doesnt know the password to that one  most likely that was a typo when he sent the same amount of coins to the field used for address

I believe the cutoff is 100 characters.  But I dont believe there is anything preventing the use of a wallet.dat type client with 256bit long keys

What is the sence in using a 256 character password on the wallet.dat if you could just bruteforce the first 100 digits passwords on the client directly?

(I know this is all a very theoretical question, as noone can bruteforce a truly random 100 digit password Wink )

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:58:06 AM

Interesting that the account number 12968364353024827435 sent 100,000 NXT to the account 100000. He is the owner of the domain Gridcoinnetwork.org.
I would like to know if he knows the password for the ID 100000 or did he sent it as a gift for the one who will get the account in the future.  Huh

My bet is that he doesnt know the password to that one  most likely that was a typo when he sent the same amount of coins to the field used for address

What is the sence in using a 256 character password on the wallet.dat if you could just bruteforce the first 100 digits passwords on the client directly?

(I know this is all a very theoretical question, as noone can bruteforce a truly random 100 digit password Wink )

As I understand it, the 256 bits are checked on outgoing transactions, so you wouldn't be able to send money.

no, a wallet file would be a client side implemention, and if you found the 100 digit private key, you will be able to send it.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:09:26 AM

I say 3 days until we reach 1000 posts, Arbitrary Messaging will garner a lot of attention and posts in the next two days.

My guess: 17.01.2014, 05:26:44  (GMT)
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:10:48 AM

a nice article:
A New Wave of 2nd Generation Cryptocurrencies: NXT, eMunie, SkyCoin, EarthCoin
http://alunacrypto.blogspot.cz/2013/12/a-new-wave-of-2nd-generation.html

Found some distressing news about emunie developer https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5399

Seems he is a known scammer, but it is all third hand, so best if you make your own conclusions. Seems to be very suspicious that the presale was closed based on the reason that trolls took up too much of his time. Huh?

If anybody knows of a serious competitor to NXT, please post about it. Need to know what the competition is up to. At this point, I am putting emunie in the potential competitor category. Until there is an open beta and/or open src, it could all be vaporware for all we know. Has anybody here actually used the beta of emunie?

James

I'm going to conclude that eMunie (scam or not) is toast. Dead. Not happening.
Just read Fuserleers (eMunies lead dev/creator/lord of all creation) post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412118.0

The tl:dr version is that eMunie will not launch on schedule because fuserleer is upset by the trolls.
It's a very bad sign for eMunies credibility that one guy can derail what is potentially a massive project because he's a bit upset by criticism.
(...)

How you call in english a person who repeat anonimous accusations without checking them?

I understand that it is a real war with big money on stake but seriously how big thoughtless ignorant you should be to repeat such things? You don't get that it is attack on a real person damaging his reputation?

Here is Dan responce: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/36-hi-im-dan/

Internet is part of ppl's real lifes. Recall it yourself next time seeing someone attacking NXT in the same nasty manner...

There is a lot of nasty attacks, blackmails on all altcoins with potential to surpass Bitcoin and change the world. There are real cyberattacks on dgex and NXT infrastructure and reputation too so you should see that this is part of something big is going on here.

If you want all of them to survive and be still free of take over / killing them attempts remember that we all are on the same board! And when one is attacked all of us are damaged and targeted.

Have U actually read Dan/fuserleers post on Bitcointalk?
I did, and what he himself said makes me very doubtful about eMunies future. If one person, in response to some criticism, can shut down a major project, then there is a problem with that project.

Look at the amount of criticism/trolling/hacks/DDoS attacks that NXT has gone thru in the last month. Has it been shut down by BCNext ?

I don't want to spread FUD and I am not going to start now, so just read all of the thread and make your own mind up.

EDIT: U will probably notice that I have made no accusations about Dan one way or another, he seems like a nice enough bloke.
I wish him all the best, but I'm not going to rush to invest in eMunie any time soon.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:20:14 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 01:37:27 AM by EvilDave

Repost from https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=530:

Thinking about vote weighting here:

One of the major issues with a voting system is deciding how to weight the votes.

As examples:

One NXT account = one vote will inevitably lead to the creation of zillions (or lots) of sock-puppet accounts purely for voting. Giving an account with 2 NXT the same voting weight as one with 2,000,000 is also unfair on larger stakeholders who have much more invested in NXT than the smaller accounts.

One NXT = one vote will mean that the largest stakeholder will always win, and that anyone who holds less than a million NXT could just as well not vote at all. Not really fair on the smaller accounts, and as NXT gets more evenly distributed (and the price rises Wink ) there will at a certain point only be a few hundred whale accounts (from investors/early adopters) and zillions (or lots) of smaller accounts, some of which may represent a substantial investment of fiat currency for late adopters.

U cant keep everyone happy all of the time.

My proposal is:

One NXT = one vote, with depreciation of voting weight from a certain point.
This is meant purely as an example, so don't jump on my numbers:

Up to 10,000 NXT : one NXT=one vote.
From 10,000 upwards, reduce the voting weight gradually so that by around the 1,000,000 mark one NXT = 0.01 votes, and so on down until there is almost no difference in the voting power of a 5 megaNXT account and a 10megaNXT account.
This will allow everyone with a substantial NXT holding to have a certain amount of voting power, while reducing the ability of whale accounts to decide the results of all votes.

Only problem I can see is that if a whale does want to unfairly influence voting they could split up his/her/its NXT holdings over multiple smaller accounts. However, this seems like a lot of work and would be visilble in the blockchain, if anyone cared to check.

Thats it, let me know what u think. Like I need to ask.....

If u want to reply to this, get yr ass over to:

https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=530

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:28:58 AM

I find this eMunie thing rather funny. who would start a reasonable cryptocurrency by some nonsense satoshi bashing and then telling his lifestory? his life circled more or less around making the most profit. I won't accuse anyone who's main goal in life is money, but you will find more trustworthy and balanced people than this Dan.

NXT: 5231236538923913892
kunibopl

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:39:18 AM

@EvilDave: you pointed out the flaw in your VS yourself. A 10 million account can easily create 1000 accounts in an automated way.
he even can do so using mixing services (of any cryptocurrency). in an anonymous system there is no other option than 1NXT 1vote.
But I am still quite curious how this VS is implemented. I don't think it's trivial.
Is there allready some deeper explanation on it?

wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:44:36 AM

a nice article:
A New Wave of 2nd Generation Cryptocurrencies: NXT, eMunie, SkyCoin, EarthCoin
http://alunacrypto.blogspot.cz/2013/12/a-new-wave-of-2nd-generation.html

Found some distressing news about emunie developer https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5399

Seems he is a known scammer, but it is all third hand, so best if you make your own conclusions. Seems to be very suspicious that the presale was closed based on the reason that trolls took up too much of his time. Huh?

If anybody knows of a serious competitor to NXT, please post about it. Need to know what the competition is up to. At this point, I am putting emunie in the potential competitor category. Until there is an open beta and/or open src, it could all be vaporware for all we know. Has anybody here actually used the beta of emunie?

James

I'm going to conclude that eMunie (scam or not) is toast. Dead. Not happening.
Just read Fuserleers (eMunies lead dev/creator/lord of all creation) post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412118.0

The tl:dr version is that eMunie will not launch on schedule because fuserleer is upset by the trolls.
It's a very bad sign for eMunies credibility that one guy can derail what is potentially a massive project because he's a bit upset by criticism.
(...)

How you call in english a person who repeat anonimous accusations without checking them?

I understand that it is a real war with big money on stake but seriously how big thoughtless ignorant you should be to repeat such things? You don't get that it is attack on a real person damaging his reputation?

Here is Dan responce: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/36-hi-im-dan/

Internet is part of ppl's real lifes. Recall it yourself next time seeing someone attacking NXT in the same nasty manner...

There is a lot of nasty attacks, blackmails on all altcoins with potential to surpass Bitcoin and change the world. There are real cyberattacks on dgex and NXT infrastructure and reputation too so you should see that this is part of something big is going on here.

If you want all of them to survive and be still free of take over / killing them attempts remember that we all are on the same board! And when one is attacked all of us are damaged and targeted.

Have U actually read Dan/fuserleers post on Bitcointalk?
I did, and what he himself said makes me very doubtful about eMunies future. If one person, in response to some criticism, can shut down a major project, then there is a problem with that project.

Look at the amount of criticism/trolling/hacks/DDoS attacks that NXT has gone thru in the last month. Has it been shut down by BCNext ?

I don't want to spread FUD and I am not going to start now, so just read all of the thread and make your own mind up.

EDIT: U will probably notice that I have made no accusations about Dan one way or another, he seems like a nice enough bloke.
I wish him all the best, but I'm not going to rush to invest in eMunie any time soon.

I have the eMunie beta client running right now. Been in Nxt since the price was still real cheap (.000001 btc/nxt) The download page that is linked by the people trying to FUD eMunie is just 1 of the 2 ways to download the client (for beta testers). Don't care if people think I'm a real person or not like some people have been claiming with others. I've never actually seen the download page before somebody posted it and I don't believe the way I download it (there is a link right above the troll-box on the forum) is included in that amount since we get our link from DropBox and not the forum.

link at the top of the trollbox leads to

and not

can't really back up the rest of Dan's history. But as a beta tester I just put my account in the beta tester thread and left the website. Didn't need to invest anything other than my time to post in the thread Tongue. At the very least, the client does work and one can generate eMunie from 0 eMunie (doesn't rely on POS other than interest which is very small amount .00050 EMU) in each of the new beta clients(which the wallet is wiped clean for each update).

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:49:12 AM

@wakasaki80 How does it works in general ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:01:38 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 02:24:57 AM by allwelder

Some changes to Chinese text:

100% PoS was added to "第一个100%股权证明(100%PoS)的货币" since there is no clear consensus/translation on PoS yet but PoS is understood fairly well.

Also, just throwing this out there -- do we have any Hindi, Gujarati, etc writers here? We've got a whole sub-continent out there who'd probably make great adopters Smiley

jpeg preview:

full-size pdf

我认为:Nxt 这个名字是最好的。
而且:没有所谓的官方论坛,而且目前的论坛主要是:https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
wakasaki808

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:02:18 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 02:12:52 AM by wakasaki808

@wakasaki80 How does it works in general ?

Well I really have a bad understanding of the way it actually works...

eMunie is ran in Java (like Nxt I believe Smiley ), beta testers download a zip named something like "emunie.9.72014.zip" which contains just a 1 single file (emunie.9.72014.jar). Once you click it then unpacks to form a "peer" folder and some other various files. You can then create a "hatcher" by creating a shortcut of the emunie.jar file and adding "-hatcher" to the end of "Target" in Properties(via Windows).

Double-clicking the link leads you to the client which looks like

(old client with some of the old transactions).

Leaving the client open you (with help of the hatcher and one's current holdings) will allow you to generate EMU's. This will gain interest on it the longer you hold it and depending on the demand of EMU(the system behind EMU will increase total supply of EMU if demand grows and stops creating new EMU if the demand stops). I'll try find a link that explains more about the system of eMunie and how it works...I really am bad (was corrected in the forum because of my last post in the other FUD thread.)

hopefully I am allowed to say all this outside of the beta forum...haven't been in a beta before other than some old PC games where I played it more than talked about it  Undecided ...

because Dan closed the open-pre-sale the price will end up being the Unit Value: $0.10 -> 1eMu no different than anybody else paid. The open pre-sale was designed to set up a price for the initial actual release according to Dan, so without this the price will likely be the same as the pre-sale price.

Here's a video that someone posted on the emunie forums (of the new Beta Window's Installer that was just released) didn't try the installer myself yet Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOsvGz5X5OI
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:12:26 AM

people who invest in something that they dont understand the workings of are crazy! you may get lucky once or twice but eventually you will get taken really hard by a snake oil salesman. with that being said i genuinely hope that you get lucky.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
wakasaki808

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:15:12 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 02:36:26 AM by wakasaki808

people who invest in something that they dont understand the workings of are crazy! you may get lucky once or twice but eventually you will get taken really hard by a snake oil salesman. with that being said i genuinely hope that you get lucky.

it's hard to explain and I have a bad time explaining things in general...I do mostly understand eMunie and how it works (just how the eMunie system keeps the price per eMU stable and how it prevents things like pump-and-dumps is where I fall apart on).  I've also been able to test out the client for the last week, off-and-on, since I don't go on my computer much. Didn't invest anything and I would suggest people who are worried just wait till the client actually releases since there shouldn't be any price different per EMU between now and then and one can just set up a hatcher to generate eMU anyways Smiley .

The way I seen the client work simply is

0 eMU (initially) -> "sets up hatcher" -> generate "Earnings" of # EMU after an hour or so -> "Interest" and "Fees" then start forming depending on the demand of eMunie and amount one holds.

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php?/topic/115-newbies-read-me-first/ is pretty much everything one needs to know with regards to eMunie.

NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:21:11 AM

I added my idea: University projects (dissertations, masters, bacheleor thesis). This is a long therm thing, but if we have got here any teachers or even university attendants, it would be wonderful if you write your project based on Nxt.

There is one guy who writes his Phd about some Nxt app... There can be many thesis where you programm some Nxt app/add-on..., but I would like to get to the enomical/ecological areas too. There might be serious works based on the PoS, on Nxt, how it could change the world

I remembered that a Phd or teacher in Israel is studying on PoS and also had a good independent result on the 25% attack after Cornel's publication, and Meni Rosenfeld recommended that guy very much. BTW, I don't know how Meni Rosenfeld think about Nxt.
NxtChoice

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:59:32 AM

We'll see a fork soon, some nodes run old NRS without AM support...

I suggest have the feature ready two or more versions before the upgrade announcement in the future. That's, we can enable AM in version 0.5.3, 0.5.4 and we announce it in 0.5.5. So I think most people have already updated to 0.5.3, so the fork probability will decrease a lot.

opticalcarrier

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:05:42 AM

I suggest have the feature ready two or more versions before the upgrade announcement in the future. That's, we can enable AM in version 0.5.3, 0.5.4 and we announce it in 0.5.5. So I think most people have already updated to 0.5.3, so the fork probability will decrease a lot.

potentially we could write in a feature for the client to periodically check an alias directed to a webpage.  This would enable a method to broadcast messages to people to move off the old client or they will go off on a fork.  Heh.  It could even write some data that causes to crash the client at block 44000/whatever.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:12:02 AM

3]  Stock exchange.  If I got it correctly this is going to be a simplified (for non-pro traders) version of a stock exchange, can be used for crowdfunding

So it is almost like kickstarter...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/25/crowdfunding-better-for-selling-products-than-stock
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-23/sec-to-vote-on-crowdfunding-plan-as-white-advances-jobs-act-1-.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/23/crowdfunding-ipo-sec-jobs-act/3169395/
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:13:28 AM

potentially we could write in a feature for the client to periodically check an alias directed to a webpage.  This would enable a method to broadcast messages to people to move off the old client or they will go off on a fork.  Heh.  It could even write some data that causes to crash the client at block 44000/whatever.

Wuoldn't Google Cloud version of the client solve this?
kunibopl

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:59:01 AM

I will conduct several online chess tournaments on the Free Internet Chess Server, the oldest chessserver on the internet (nearly 20 years old). I will give prizes in NXT for the first place from my own purse.
you can check my account and see, that my NXT is not unlimited (on the contrary). Anyone you wants to contribute is welcome.

I will announce the dates for the tournaments. It's part of our promotion campaign.
Chessplayers are similar to poker players open to new ideas like cryptocurrency.
I also will advertise these tournaments (around 5) on other sites.

If you wanna take part register at http://www.freechess.org/ and maybe download a client like "thief" or "babaschess".
my handle there is "Rivaldo".

Pages: « 1 ... 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 [866] 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: