Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:15:45 PM

eMunie will be released, and it will be successful.
- thank you for sharing your thought about eMunie.
And we know your attitude toward Nxt:
I didn't commit to any specific actions when I sent in my BTC back in September - I'm not so much a stakeholder as an investor/gambler. I'm grateful to those users who are actively doing things to support NXT, but was there an agreement we signed? Everyone is following their own self interest.

Yes, that is still my attitude toward NXT! It has turned out to be an excellent investment, and I feel very fortunate to have spotted BCNext's original post when I did. By then I had however, already discovered emunie 6 weeks earlier, and even on the day I sent in my contribution to BCNext's IPO I knew that the NXT big thing in the crypto currency world was going to be a system that tackled price volatility head on. NXT isn't doing that, but emunie is.

It is possible to design a system that can sense network supply and demand signals in real time and adjust the rate of currency creation dynamically. This is the moment in history when human knowledge can use computing power and decentralised networks to do something like this. Elastic supply and price stability is possible, and I believe emunie will achieve this.

It isn't rocket science, but it is digital currency science, and Fuserleer is a pioneer, just like Satoshi, and BCNxt is a pioneer also.

But Fuserleer is real person named Dan Hughes, and I've chatted with him, and got to know him. He's a really good guy. Don't you guys wish you could have a chat with Satoshi or BCNext nearly every day in a shoutbox? But you can't. Nobody can, because those guys have chosen to hide - that's a bit sad, and it's going to make selling crypto currencies to the general public and business a lot harder.

Transparent forging is very clever, and if it works as planned NXT might achieve visa transaction rates. BUT, emunie can achieve visa transaction rates too, and it's 100% anonymous, with a super lightweight blocktree, and it has human understandable addresses like alias names, and messaging, and chat, and will have a p2p exchange very soon too - plus a heap of other stuff that blows my mind. It'll work on a phone too eventually, so it'll be mobile friendly.

I'm not a technical guy, but I know what I've seen testing the beta clients, and my money is on Fuserleer doing exactly what he has said he'll do. He's nearly there, and eventually all the code demons will get to see how he did it. But only a fool would reveal HOW it works before he's launched his product. And he's done so much testing, when it launches it will be ready for wide adoption without bugs and crashes.

A fixed supply does not make a good currency, so I'm an emunie guy, with a solid respect for NXT.

Is he?

did he solve the problem of spamming hatcher and they die like fly's?

you r nothing but a gambler, with no respect to NXT or his creator whatsoever. Hope you already sold out and put your money on emunie.

emunie doenst tackle a goddamned thing, it is cetralized and people like you with big pockets will decide when and how coins will be created after-mining. You also allready decided that the created coins will go to the biggest accounts.

Now go trolling on the emunie forum.

Pin

I have lots or respect for NXT. That's why I took a gamble and invested in it, and yes, I have sold some of my stake but I still have a little left.

As for emunie I don't decide anything, but I am a beta tester, and I have tested the emunie client many times, so I know its potential.

Why so angry? I just answered another users questions regarding emunie in this thread, and then explained why I choose not to be involved with NXT, even though I invested in NXT, when another user mentioned that with a critical tone. Why?Because  I committed to eMunie first and prefer it, but it doesn't mean I can't see NXT as being a good investment. You were beta tester with emunie once too, so that is something we have in common. We are both sniffing around the same water holes. You like NXT, and I like emunie & NXT.

I am far to tame to be a troll

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:16:54 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

On the subject of info getting lost and most of us spending hours after hours on catching up on bitcointalk, nxtcoin.org, forum.nxtcrypto +

I have the time to tie a newsletter together a week - if somebody is willing to help me with info. I don't have the time anymore to trawl all the NXT-threads, but I can gather, sample and send the updates out, if I am feeded a resume from the different sources of information. 

NXTers on the mailing list will then get a chance to focus on their own battleground, while still getting the most important headlines from every other field of the NXT development (with links to the sources). Personally I like being up to date - also in the fields I am not capable of contributing to. And another plus: Important announcements for the community can easier reach everybody via a maillinglist.

We need at least one person from:
- Bitcointalk (main thread + various others) 
- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 
to join this project and "feed" the newsletter resumes.
Info sent directly from developers or marketeers is of course also welcomed.

I don't have a thing (or NXT  Smiley) to give you in return, but contributors will get their acc number on their contributions - and more importantly right now: Help to organize the NXT stream of info.

/apenzl

I had very same thought couple days back. I want to help as well... perhaps we can create mailinglist subscription and start sending weekly news... 3 person can make/collect a reasonable weekly mail and send out interested parties

Great! So now we are 2 already! Smiley

I figured there might be lurkers on every thread who could gather and send a weekly resumé to the newsletter. There more people the marrier. More decentralized, yes. People like smaragda on the source code thread, perhaps? *blink blink*  Roll Eyes (no pressure intended)  Grin

Let's do it. I will contribute. It is nice to have a weekly newsletter which we can scale to something like Bitcoin magazine later.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

To me, it seems a little bit odd to give BTCs as bounty Huh But maybe, it is right...
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:22:28 PM

You can give me some NXT for another NXT press release if you like  Wink

Last one was on Yahoo Finance and over 300 other news outlets.

EDIT: bybitcoin and I had a series of misunderstandings, but I have decided I would still like to promote NXT if possible.

too late, after you wrote:
So at this stage I am not doing any further promotion for NXT.

If anyone wishes to co-ordinate another PR campaign for NXT and has the maturity to come to an actual agreement regarding this, please just let me know.

After I read that, I took the PR campaign and now it is lead in a separate thread. We need only loyal people for this
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:25:01 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 10:31:26 PM by psybits

You can give me some NXT for another NXT press release if you like  Wink

Last one was on Yahoo Finance and over 300 other news outlets.

EDIT: bybitcoin and I had a series of misunderstandings, but I have decided I would still like to promote NXT if possible.

too late, after you wrote:
So at this stage I am not doing any further promotion for NXT.

If anyone wishes to co-ordinate another PR campaign for NXT and has the maturity to come to an actual agreement regarding this, please just let me know.

After I read that, I took the PR campaign and now it is lead in a separate thread. We need only loyal people for this

I have a large stake in NXT and would like to help.
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

On the subject of info getting lost and most of us spending hours after hours on catching up on bitcointalk, nxtcoin.org, forum.nxtcrypto +

I have the time to tie a newsletter together a week - if somebody is willing to help me with info. I don't have the time anymore to trawl all the NXT-threads, but I can gather, sample and send the updates out, if I am feeded a resume from the different sources of information. 

NXTers on the mailing list will then get a chance to focus on their own battleground, while still getting the most important headlines from every other field of the NXT development (with links to the sources). Personally I like being up to date - also in the fields I am not capable of contributing to. And another plus: Important announcements for the community can easier reach everybody via a maillinglist.

- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 

I don't have a thing (or NXT  Smiley) to give you in return, but contributors will get their acc number on their contributions - and more importantly right now: Help to organize the NXT stream of info.

/apenzl

I had very same thought couple days back. I want to help as well... perhaps we can create mailinglist subscription and start sending weekly news... 3 person can make/collect a reasonable weekly mail and send out interested parties

I figured there might be lurkers on every thread who could gather and send a weekly resumé to the newsletter. There more people the marrier. More decentralized, yes. People like smaragda on the source code thread, perhaps? *blink blink*  Roll Eyes (no pressure intended)  Grin

Let's do it. I will contribute. It is nice to have a weekly newsletter which we can scale to something like Bitcoin magazine later.

Yup.

3 is a start. Anybody else? Come oooon, don't be shy.  Cheesy

I'll set up a template. Let's discuss content in the forum.nxtcypto / nextcoin threads.

pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:27:10 PM

I have lots or respect for NXT. That's why I took a gamble and invested in it, and yes, I have sold some of my stake but I still have a little left.

As for emunie I don't decide anything, but I am a beta tester, and I have tested the emunie client many times, so I know its potential.

Why so angry? I just answered another users questions regarding emunie in this thread, and then explained why I choose not to be involved with NXT, even though I invested in NXT, when another user mentioned that with a critical tone. Why?Because  I committed to eMunie first and prefer it, but it doesn't mean I can't see NXT as being a good investment. You were beta tester with emunie once too, so that is something we have in common. We are both sniffing around the same water holes. You like NXT, and I like emunie & NXT.

I am far to tame to be a troll
[/quote]

Yes I was beta tester, I stepped out when they started to talk about PAID foundation that could decide and vote with VETO OF ONE MAN Dan. Then Dan skipped deadline for the 3th time and I called it quit.(meanwhile he postponed release 5 times). I don’t believe emunie gonna live long.

What NXT concerns you have spit in the faces of those who are not big stakeholders (founders) who are working they asses of day in day out to make NXT a succes.

98% are not big stakeholders like you. I am mad becausse you NVER have contributed anything to this communtiy, but now your emunie investment is in danger you seem very commited.

Pin

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:27:54 PM

To me, it seems a little bit odd to give BTCs as bounty Huh But maybe, it is right...

Well, it would definitely pull more numbers of experienced coders in to take a look at the NXT source code. (+curve algo)

NXT: 13095091276527367030
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:32:52 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

- Nextcoin forum
- Forum.nxtcrypto

/apenzl

Yup.

I'll set up a template. Let's discuss content in the forum.nxtcypto / nextcoin threads.

Count me in! As you can see from my signature, I have compiled so many links for you Smiley
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:33:11 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 04:08:18 PM by rickyjames

10K NXT Infographic Bounty

I'll personally pay a 10K NXT bounty to somebody with much better graphics skills than mine who can make an NXT infographic that is directly comparable to this one for bitcoin:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/06Bitcoin-1338412974774.jpg

If a viewer could go back and forth between the two and see similarities and differences between Bitcoin and NXT at similar locations on the infographic, so much the better.  In particular, differences in the bitcoin computer based wallet vs. the nxt brainwallet should be highlighted, along with differences between bitcoin hashing and nxt transparent forging.  I will work with you on text if you would like.

This is something I would like to see get into the NXT whitepaper.  And James, I'm still trying to work on that, slowly...just snowed under by work.

EDITED TO ADD : Salsacz has been commissioned to work on this project, so this bounty is closed for now to other graphic artists.

Initial work by Salsacz:

https://i.imgur.com/9NyS8Bx.jpg
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:34:12 PM

Isildur23 got 5k bounty from me for gathering info about current projects that need support. This is what we already have. Please correct, expand it. I'm going to post polished version in new topic

AliasAccountprojectlinksnotes
Jean-LucHuhNxt wallethttp://download.nxtcrypto.org/
1981468117748016602nxtcrypto.orghttp://nxtcrypto.orgmaintenance and development of this website
yan832499683221427574078BTC/LTC exchangehttp://www.nxt-e.com
abuelau9060914620736248721blockchain explorer and alerts systemhttp://mynxt.infohas already developed blockchain explorer and alerts system
Mac Red4263528265010429437development and marketing for Swedenhttp://nxtcoin-swe.netwebsite is already up and running but needs funding for further development and promotion
OlaHuhpoker apphttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.16960
BaiMangal17464643409289711169Windows NXTManagerhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4418563#msg4418563under development but needs funding
joefox4924387977119245692wiki NXT APIhttp://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_APIformatting work to do to make inputs and outputs more reasonable
allwelder14698193345900192135developing chinese site and moderating chinese section in forumshttp://www.nxts.org
wesleyh8189784314684138350PHP API library to send / receive money programmaticallyhttp://nxtra.org/api/
marcus031758531264253431177NXT Solaris - Windows client including BC Explorerhttps://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2793.0.html https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4435306#msg4435306

Thank you for your work on bringing unfunded projects into the light. At this early stage, it's very important to acknowledge and encourage people who have real skills and motivation to build code for NXT on their free time (clients/specialized websites and so forth).
Personally, if I were the one sitting on the bounty I would send out a small part to everyone who contributes like this to the community. Motivate as many good developers as possible. Anything is better than zero.

Curious, do we have a topic yet for these?
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

Well, it would definitely pull more numbers of experienced coders in to take a look at the NXT source code. (+curve algo)

Yep, we need independent reviewers. Why Anon's paper is a good read, I think we still need some reviews from impartial parties.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
neer.g

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:34:39 PM

A weekly newsletter sounds great!
I set aside 12K donation - 1K will be sent for each newsletter for the first 12 weeks.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:35:18 PM

is it minus 95% or minus 5% from the dgex price?

minus 5%.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:35:23 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 

/apenzl

This is kind of scary, because I wanted to start a daily summary service for this thread on my blog at the Dutch nxtcoins.nl.
I'll probably still do that, as Dutch people need info, too, but it means I'm gathering topics anyway, so I'm available to help, too.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 

/apenzl

Yup.

yep count me in...

Pin

ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:36:30 PM

I recalculated your table to compare it with Btc:

289 million Nxt is owned by: 7 accounts
215 million Nxt is owned by: 14 accounts
248 million Nxt is owned by: 55 accounts
207 million Nxt is owned by: 10.000 accounts
Lost: 5.000.000 Nxt

BTC:
28.9% 47 individuals
21.5% 880 individuals
24.8% 10.000 individuals
20.7% 1 million individuals
Not very representative. I suggest:

Percentage of coins : Percentage of accs : Times vs "too big to give"

Nxt (OK, say, 10076 accs):
28.9%: 0.07%
21.5%: 0.14%  : 2x
24.8%: 0.55%  : 7.9x
20.7%: 99.76% : 1425x

Bitcoin (1010927 accs, well):
28.9%: 0.005%
21.5%: 0.087%  : 17.4x
24.8%: 0.98%    : 196x
20.7%: 98.928% : 19786x
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:39:10 PM

Isildur23 got 5k bounty from me for gathering info about current projects that need support. This is what we already have. Please correct, expand it. I'm going to post polished version in new topic

Thank you for your work on bringing unfunded projects into the light. At this early stage, it's very important to acknowledge and encourage people who have real skills and motivation to build code for NXT on their free time (clients/specialized websites and so forth).
Personally, if I were the one sitting on the bounty I would send out a small part to everyone who contributes like this to the community. Motivate as many good developers as possible. Anything is better than zero.

Curious, do we have a topic yet for these?

We make a list of new parallel threads here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412138.0

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:41:51 PM

where is page 1000 Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:50:32 PM

is it minus 95% or minus 5% from the dgex price?

minus 5%.

DGEX has consistently fallen and fallen just over 5% in last 24h - would you go to "minus 10%" which would give a price of 0.000039?

Pages: « 1 ... 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 [874] 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: