Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 [873] 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:51:06 AM

I don't know if you want to go by fixed price, I will go by 0.00003 paid in 4 business days or I can do 5% off DGEX market price at that point

For accountability reason, if anyone could match my offer, then you could take this too.

Let's do 95% of DGEX price.

wow wait 1 sec. maybe there r more interested in this....

Pin

I'm interested, was thinking about increasing my stake anyways Wink

Not sure how much attention this will attract, but I suppose if we can double-triple-quadruple the amount of people looking for flaws in the source code it'd be a good call.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

Is anyone going to become an NXT/fiat gateway when Asset Exchange is launched? I know about only 1 such case.

We are working on putting a very simple broker type of service were people can buy NXT with EUR.
It will be very very simple and the sole purpose of it is going to be just give "easier" way of buying NXT without going through the hassle of getting btc and then converting.
I hope we will be ready in 1-2 weeks.

Someone in Canada should open USD-NXt gateway, I suppose it would be easier three with RoboCon and everything. Here in States, the NSA scares the shit out of me. But because of NXT cause, I might try to do something. But lol I expect to get a "cease and desist" letter very soon and I have to stop anyway.

Anybody in the United States who opens a USD/NXT gateway has a lot more than the NSA to worry about.  There is a LOT of very specific paperwork to fill out to become a Money Services Institution (not the official title, but there is one.)  Cryptsy is following this path and as soon as they have the applications approved, they are effectively an officially registered US Bank and can start selling cryptos for USD.  Anybody in the US who trys that without clearing it first with the Feds gets this happening to them:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/23/4651926/us-government-seized-5-million-from-bitcoin-behemoth-mt-gox
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:54:48 AM

NXT NEWSLETTER

On the subject of info getting lost and most of us spending hours after hours on catching up on bitcointalk, nxtcoin.org, forum.nxtcrypto +

I have the time to tie a newsletter together a week - if somebody is willing to help me with info. I don't have the time anymore to trawl all the NXT-threads, but I can gather, sample and send the updates out, if I am feeded a resume from the different sources of information. 

NXTers on the mailing list will then get a chance to focus on their own battleground, while still getting the most important headlines from every other field of the NXT development (with links to the sources). Personally I like being up to date - also in the fields I am not capable of contributing to. And another plus: Important announcements for the community can easier reach everybody via a maillinglist.

We need at least one person from:
- Bitcointalk (main thread + various others) 
- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 
to join this project and "feed" the newsletter resumes.
Info sent directly from developers or marketeers is of course also welcomed.

I don't have a thing (or NXT  Smiley) to give you in return, but contributors will get their acc number on their contributions - and more importantly right now: Help to organize the NXT stream of info.

/apenzl

Brainstorm on topics…
- Clients
- Security / interface improvement
- Arbitrary message and mobile app
- Features / source code development
- Promotion and marketing
- Attacks
- Quote of the week
- Bounties (new and ended)
- NXT initiatives / new sites / games / scams Smiley and so on…
- Open discussions (voting system, unclaimed coins, exchanges and so on…)

What this newsletter comes down to is in essence just answering everybody: Where are we now?How can I help? ….. What is NXT? Smiley

PM me if you want to contribute.

I posted this on nextcoin and forum.nxtcrypto too.

https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=562
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,2915.0.html

Please spread the word to other threads that you know of too, if you want this to happen.

Thanks!

pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:55:14 AM

eMunie will be released, and it will be successful.
- thank you for sharing your thought about eMunie.
And we know your attitude toward Nxt:
I didn't commit to any specific actions when I sent in my BTC back in September - I'm not so much a stakeholder as an investor/gambler. I'm grateful to those users who are actively doing things to support NXT, but was there an agreement we signed? Everyone is following their own self interest.

Yes, that is still my attitude toward NXT! It has turned out to be an excellent investment, and I feel very fortunate to have spotted BCNext's original post when I did. By then I had however, already discovered emunie 6 weeks earlier, and even on the day I sent in my contribution to BCNext's IPO I knew that the NXT big thing in the crypto currency world was going to be a system that tackled price volatility head on. NXT isn't doing that, but emunie is.

It is possible to design a system that can sense network supply and demand signals in real time and adjust the rate of currency creation dynamically. This is the moment in history when human knowledge can use computing power and decentralised networks to do something like this. Elastic supply and price stability is possible, and I believe emunie will achieve this.

It isn't rocket science, but it is digital currency science, and Fuserleer is a pioneer, just like Satoshi, and BCNxt is a pioneer also.

But Fuserleer is real person named Dan Hughes, and I've chatted with him, and got to know him. He's a really good guy. Don't you guys wish you could have a chat with Satoshi or BCNext nearly every day in a shoutbox? But you can't. Nobody can, because those guys have chosen to hide - that's a bit sad, and it's going to make selling crypto currencies to the general public and business a lot harder.

Transparent forging is very clever, and if it works as planned NXT might achieve visa transaction rates. BUT, emunie can achieve visa transaction rates too, and it's 100% anonymous, with a super lightweight blocktree, and it has human understandable addresses like alias names, and messaging, and chat, and will have a p2p exchange very soon too - plus a heap of other stuff that blows my mind. It'll work on a phone too eventually, so it'll be mobile friendly.

I'm not a technical guy, but I know what I've seen testing the beta clients, and my money is on Fuserleer doing exactly what he has said he'll do. He's nearly there, and eventually all the code demons will get to see how he did it. But only a fool would reveal HOW it works before he's launched his product. And he's done so much testing, when it launches it will be ready for wide adoption without bugs and crashes.

A fixed supply does not make a good currency, so I'm an emunie guy, with a solid respect for NXT.

Is he?

did he solve the problem of spamming hatcher and they die like fly's?

you r nothing but a gambler, with no respect to NXT or his creator whatsoever. Hope you already sold out and put your money on emunie.

emunie doenst tackle a goddamned thing, it is cetralized and people like you with big pockets will decide when and how coins will be created after-mining. You also allready decided that the created coins will go to the biggest accounts.

Now go trolling on the emunie forum.

Pin

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:55:34 AM

I'll take 1 BTC worth at 0.00003 - and if the BTC helps the NXT project then it's win - win Smiley

My coins are all over the place but I can do the trade later today - or if you want to wait until you have 10 people that's fine too (but then it would be nice if it could be 5% off dgex price if the exchange rate is below 0.00003).

95% of DGEX price.

Would love to help but I think I'll wait and buy on exchange over the next few days (I think NXT is going down for a while before it goes up again).
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:57:13 AM

Is anyone going to become an NXT/fiat gateway when Asset Exchange is launched? I know about only 1 such case.

We are working on putting a very simple broker type of service were people can buy NXT with EUR.
It will be very very simple and the sole purpose of it is going to be just give "easier" way of buying NXT without going through the hassle of getting btc and then converting.
I hope we will be ready in 1-2 weeks.

Someone in Canada should open USD-NXt gateway, I suppose it would be easier three with RoboCon and everything. Here in States, the NSA scares the shit out of me. But because of NXT cause, I might try to do something. But lol I expect to get a "cease and desist" letter very soon and I have to stop anyway.

Anybody in the United States who opens a USD/NXT gateway has a lot more than the NSA to worry about.  There is a LOT of very specific paperwork to fill out to become a Money Services Institution (not the official title, but there is one.)  Cryptsy is following this path and as soon as they have the applications approved, they are effectively an officially registered US Bank and can start selling cryptos for USD.  Anybody in the US who trys that without clearing it first with the Feds gets this happening to them:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/23/4651926/us-government-seized-5-million-from-bitcoin-behemoth-mt-gox

This would be a great project for those not based in the US.

I think I'll add it to my (infinite) to do list.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:58:07 AM

Would love to help but I think I'll wait and buy on exchange over the next few days (I think NXT is going down for a while before it goes up again).

Ok
apenzl

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:58:37 AM

I don't know if you want to go by fixed price, I will go by 0.00003 paid in 4 business days or I can do 5% off DGEX market price at that point

For accountability reason, if anyone could match my offer, then you could take this too.

Let's do 95% of DGEX price.

95% off DGEX price??? I'm in!!!!  Grin

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:59:33 AM

NXT does not have that X-factor. The BCNext disappearing act is enigmatic, but it doesn't inspire loyalty

No, what is enigmatic is that I 1) can't pre-purchase any eMunie or 2) load up a Mac wallet and start hatching. Or find out what the inflation/equilibrium algorithm is or half-a-dozen other questions that remain to be answered.

Coming in here and damning NXT with faint praise just seems... odd.

I can't think of one soul here (that contributes regularly) that impugns eMunie, speaks poorly about the dev/team, etc. All of us are too busy here with our 'no X-factor' enterprise to really give eMunie much notice.

Once I can actually download a client, that may change.

What about this below? This information needs to be challenged. eMunie isn't a scam, and it's definitely not toast. I'm responding, not initiating, but I feel these type of posts need some balance otherwise some new people will believe what they read, and reputations get damaged.

a nice article:
A New Wave of 2nd Generation Cryptocurrencies: NXT, eMunie, SkyCoin, EarthCoin
http://alunacrypto.blogspot.cz/2013/12/a-new-wave-of-2nd-generation.html

Found some distressing news about emunie developer https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5399

Seems he is a known scammer, but it is all third hand, so best if you make your own conclusions. Seems to be very suspicious that the presale was closed based on the reason that trolls took up too much of his time. Huh?

If anybody knows of a serious competitor to NXT, please post about it. Need to know what the competition is up to. At this point, I am putting emunie in the potential competitor category. Until there is an open beta and/or open src, it could all be vaporware for all we know. Has anybody here actually used the beta of emunie?

James

I'm going to conclude that eMunie (scam or not) is toast. Dead. Not happening.
Just read Fuserleers (eMunies lead dev/creator/lord of all creation) post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412118.0

The tl:dr version is that eMunie will not launch on schedule because fuserleer is upset by the trolls.
It's a very bad sign for eMunies credibility that one guy can derail what is potentially a massive project because he's a bit upset by criticism.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:59:57 AM

Well, if someone wants to buy 1 BTC worth NXT then post here Bitcoin address the payment will be made from and ur Nxt account.

I'll respond with Bitcoin address for payment. Price ~95% DGEX market price.
fmiboy

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:01:02 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

On the subject of info getting lost and most of us spending hours after hours on catching up on bitcointalk, nxtcoin.org, forum.nxtcrypto +

I have the time to tie a newsletter together a week - if somebody is willing to help me with info. I don't have the time anymore to trawl all the NXT-threads, but I can gather, sample and send the updates out, if I am feeded a resume from the different sources of information. 

NXTers on the mailing list will then get a chance to focus on their own battleground, while still getting the most important headlines from every other field of the NXT development (with links to the sources). Personally I like being up to date - also in the fields I am not capable of contributing to. And another plus: Important announcements for the community can easier reach everybody via a maillinglist.

- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 

I don't have a thing (or NXT  Smiley) to give you in return, but contributors will get their acc number on their contributions - and more importantly right now: Help to organize the NXT stream of info.

/apenzl

I had very same thought couple days back. I want to help as well... perhaps we can create mailinglist subscription and start sending weekly news... 3 person can make/collect a reasonable weekly mail and send out interested parties
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:01:50 PM

If anyone here wants to sell NXT fast and off the exchange I'm buying at a rate of 10K NXT per 0.3 BTC.

Just send me a pm Wink
Well, I am even going higher! I am buying at 0.000031, just contact me!  Smiley

I will buy NXT at 0.000031, too - I need ~8000 NXT to buy a second slot at my own pool. Grin
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:03:32 PM

Well, if someone wants to buy 1 BTC worth NXT then post here Bitcoin address the payment will be made from and ur Nxt account.

Can you lend me 1 BTC?   Grin

Don't use them, sorry. Smiley
Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:08:24 PM

is it minus 95% or minus 5% from the dgex price?

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:09:44 PM

eMunie will be released, and it will be successful.
- thank you for sharing your thought about eMunie.
And we know your attitude toward Nxt:
I didn't commit to any specific actions when I sent in my BTC back in September - I'm not so much a stakeholder as an investor/gambler. I'm grateful to those users who are actively doing things to support NXT, but was there an agreement we signed? Everyone is following their own self interest.

Yes, that is still my attitude toward NXT! It has turned out to be an excellent investment, and I feel very fortunate to have spotted BCNext's original post when I did. By then I had however, already discovered emunie 6 weeks earlier, and even on the day I sent in my contribution to BCNext's IPO I knew that the NXT big thing in the crypto currency world was going to be a system that tackled price volatility head on. NXT isn't doing that, but emunie is.

It is possible to design a system that can sense network supply and demand signals in real time and adjust the rate of currency creation dynamically. biggest load of bull I have heard This is the moment in history when human knowledge can use computing power and decentralised networks to do something like this. Elastic supply and price stability is possible, and I believe emunie will achieve this.

It isn't rocket science, but it is digital currency science, and Fuserleer is a pioneer, just like Satoshi, and BCNxt is a pioneer also.

But Fuserleer is real person named Dan Hughes, and I've chatted with him, and got to know him. He's a really good guy. Don't you guys wish you could have a chat with Satoshi or BCNext nearly every day in a shoutbox? But you can't. Nobody can, because those guys have chosen to hide - that's a bit sad, and it's going to make selling crypto currencies to the general public and business a lot harder.

Transparent forging is very clever, and if it works as planned NXT might achieve visa transaction rates. BUT, emunie can achieve visa transaction rates too, and it's 100% anonymous, with a super lightweight blocktree, and it has human understandable addresses like alias names, and messaging, and chat, and will have a p2p exchange very soon too - plus a heap of other stuff that blows my mind. It'll work on a phone too eventually, so it'll be mobile friendly.

I'm not a technical guy, but I know what I've seen testing the beta clients, and my money is on Fuserleer doing exactly what he has said he'll do. He's nearly there, and eventually all the code demons will get to see how he did it. But only a fool would reveal HOW it works before he's launched his product. And he's done so much testing, when it launches it will be ready for wide adoption without bugs and crashes.

A fixed supply does not make a good currency, so I'm an emunie guy, with a solid respect for NXT.

I think you should go back to your Emuine home, no one here cares very much about what happen in Emunie land. Here are some of my thought before you go

To me Emuine fails in couple of levels:

1. Economics - I am a professional economist with a pending PhD degree and I have been teaching Money and Banking at university level for the last three years with a strong interest in new forms of asset and currency. I will simply tell you that you can't control money supply and price reliably at the same time. Price is the common signal that every market participants can follow. Quantity is not. Without a price discovery mechanism, the market won't be efficient. Emuine will certainly fail at price stability. I am sure about it as I am sure about the historical lesson that the Bank of England under Thatcher in 80 was not able to control money supply reliably at all when they tries money supply targeting.  

2. Legal aspect - There would be a lot risks involved in any revolutionary venture that aims to replace fiat currency and conventional banking system. It would be very unwise that the only person who can shut down the whole thing is known. U.S has very strict law regarding crowd-funding and financial activities. When Uncle Sam targets Dan, the whole Emunie can collapse. They may not consider Emuine and Dan a big deal though. I am of opinion that Emuine will fail even before someone really care enough to try to sabotage it. But when someone does and rat it out to the tax and fund raising regulatory authority, I don't think he can take it. He can't even take the heat from some trolls lol.

3. I have seen some videos demo of Emuine client. And I think it is quite slick so I give it to Dan on technical levels. But no decentralized network should circle around one single person as it is in Emuine land now.

So that's all. We have other works to do here.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
newsilike

Activity: 630
Merit: 262

This account was hacked. just recently got it back

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:09:47 PM

minus 5%, lol

Why are we not giving it to those who contribute to NXT with projects and stuff?
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:12:13 PM

Can you lend me 1 BTC?   Grin

minus 5%, lol

Why are we not giving it to those who contribute to NXT with projects and stuff?

You can give me some NXT for another NXT press release if you like  Wink

Last one was on Yahoo Finance and over 300 other news outlets.

EDIT: bybitcoin and I had a series of misunderstandings, but I have decided I would still like to promote NXT if possible.
apenzl

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:12:55 PM

NXT NEWSLETTER

- Nextcoin forum 
- Forum.nxtcrypto 

/apenzl

I had very same thought couple days back. I want to help as well... perhaps we can create mailinglist subscription and start sending weekly news... 3 person can make/collect a reasonable weekly mail and send out interested parties

Great! So now we are 2 already! Smiley

I figured there might be lurkers on every thread who could gather and send a weekly resumé to the newsletter. There more people the marrier. More decentralized, yes. People like smaragda on the source code thread, perhaps? *blink blink*  Roll Eyes (no pressure intended)  Grin

Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

minus 5%, lol

+ 1 for bounties ...

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:15:19 PM

minus 5%, lol

+ 1 for bounties ...

you all can discus this here: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=529

Pages: « 1 ... 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 [873] 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: