Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:56:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761536 times)
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:30:50 PM

Push. Cheesy

R U working on nxtion? someone here mentioned quite cool list of features.
If nxtion would have them, I believe it could beat both nxtcoin and nxtcrypto forums Wink

Oh, I've found it:

There's a lot that could be done to help with communication. Instead of just a traditional forum (section -> thread -> post), there could additionally be support for the following, e.g.

-instead of giant quote pyramids, there could be slashdot/reddit tree-style threads.
-people like salsa, pin and joefox are making regular aggregator link posts, which is great. Even better if these could be stickied. Better still imo, if the most important links and their description could be displayed directly, instead of having to go into the stickied post to find them. Basically, the more important and/or the more people it involves, the more visible it should be.
-more options to customize what you want to follow than just a watchlist. Maybe a reddit style way of assembling favourite subreddits. Maybe topic tags for threads and posts.
- I've mentioned summary and definitions of technical terms before. Maybe a small, fixed frame/window for summary of the ongoing discussion (update permissions decided by topic starter say?) Mouseover technical terms/acronyms to get definitions (maybe these could be databased in our wiki? What do you think joe?)
- maybe integration of real-time communication tools like gdocs or the old Google Wave, or at least a chatbox.
- personally, I'd love LaTeX support so that I can write math using less English

Lots of possibilities. But most importantly, the site admins and devs need to experiment with ideas like this and interfaces. Find out what works best for most folks.

nxtcrypto, are you guys (or anyone else) up for this? I don't know web coding, so even though I suggest all this, I can't help with the implementation Sad I can do interface mockups though. And the LaTeX support part, if you guys are interested in adding that, I can help. Let me know. Smiley

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:32:11 PM

BCNext has his own website and he is dutch.

http://www.btcnext.nl

nice try, Pin

NemusExMāchinā
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:33:32 PM

There's a phone number you can call him  Grin
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

Please note the source  published supposed to be0.0.6 version

great! minusbalancer, very nice structured and clean code.
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

Could anybody here explain what could be done with a perfectly working asset exchange? Some concrete examples? I still dont get the idea

Selling games for example

how?

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

LIES!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:38:16 PM

Regarding the AM contest.

I have 3 entries for it.

- Sending encrypted messages via AM on NXTarea.com (this will be soon implemented into nxtion.com as a main messaging option, next week)
- AM explorer on NXTarea.com
- nxtion.com, a twitter style tool, which let's you create your own profile with social informations and you can publish shouts (like tweets) (many more features to come, here you can see them)

At the beginning the blockchain scanner for nxtion.com and the AM explorer made a few problems. But they are both running now without any problem since days. Smiley

Encrypted messaging via AM

I coded an encryption tool, which encrypts a message with AES (128, 192 and 256 bit). After the encryption you can send it to the blockchain.

You need to specify a key and an initialization vector. More info you can find on my website and wikipedia. If anyone has an idea how I can make a system where the recipient knows which key and initialization vector he has to use, let me know! Smiley

For the encryption part I used this php version!

To the Msg Encrypter!

I made 2 test encryption messages, they were send from the website directly.

Key: 12345678909876541234567890987654

Initialization Vector: 0987654321234567

Encryption Mode: cbc

Encryption: 256 Bit

Original message:
This is the first encrypted message sent by NXTarea.com! Soon on nxtion.com! Smiley Have fun. Greetings Berzerk.

Encrypted message:
<°þÆÞ¥vgKä”8Aïš™Š]lûŽ·0\¯ù„ðÔFWÆvÖkVöæ¥ÑÄ U€³ÈZí¾*¥êÝVÆ3òk–4ߧóÖ+;ÊYÏ«èaäz»'î ™‡I%Æ

Base64-Encoded Encrypted Message:
PLD+xt6BpXZnS+SUOEHvH5qZil1s+463MFwZr/mE8NQURlcZxnbWEmtW9ual0cQgVYCzyFoQ7b4qperdVsYz8muWPEdIxm8ZsKIS4yjEzwS+6RY+NN+n89YrO8pZzwIDqxfoYeR6uyfuoMKZh0klxg==
Key: 12345678909876541234567890987654

Initialization Vector: 0987654321234567

Encryption Mode: cbc

Encryption: 256 Bit

Original message:
This is the second encrypted message sent by NXTarea.com! I hope you like it. Smiley

Encrypted message:
âROÔƒj^iƒr7]ˆûŒl   Y^·bMm˜ê.Û7yXºHr†sOÏ
_¾€ÄÊúùÐ1u&ü1ge~Þ=¾X;3ÝÞhj5 (4pcˆÏ–±+Æk”¸Í?6jå€M²‹

Base64-Encoded Encrypted Message:
4lJP1INqXo1pg3I3XYj7jGwJFllet2JNbZjqLts3eVi6SHKGc0/PCl++gJ3Eyvr50DF/dSb8MWdlft49vlg7M93eaGo1ICg0cGOIz5axK8ZrlBgRuI3NPzYIauWATbKL

You can also view them on my AM Explorer (IDs: 1100, 1101)

If everything works fine I will implement it into nxtion.com in form of a messaging tool between all users, where the key/init_vect are known (if wanted).

Thank you.

PS: I also participate with this in the AM contest. Smiley

NXTarea.com update - Arbitrary Message Explorer

My next update for today is the Arbitrary Message Explorer. There you find EVERY message which got sent to the network so far. You can also search for specific accounts which sent or received arbitrary messages.

The link: http://nxtarea.com/amexplorer.php

Though this is not the biggest feature I would also like to participate in the AM contest with this script! Smiley

I hope you like it.

nxtion.com - A twitter style arbitrary message tool

I'm proud to announce my newest project! I release it as a contestant for the AM contest. It's still in alpha mode, but basic features already works. But please don't forget the alpha mode.  

Where comes the name from?
nxtion is created from the word "connection" (conn(e)xtion). I want to connect people which are fighting for Nxt success. But what does "connect" means? Please read further..  

What else?
As a user you can create a profile with a few information about yourself. Possible information:

Nickname, Gender, Place, Birthday, E-Mail, Website, BitcoinTalk Username, NxtCrypto Username.

Also you can choose an URL for an avatar. Beside that you can choose your own shortlink. With this shortlink other users are able to go to your profile. Every non existent shortlink will redirect to my own profile on nxtion.com.

Example: http://nxtion.com/profile.php?s=Berzerk (my own one)

If you find bugs, have ideas or feature requests please send me an email to: ALPHA@NXTION.COM

Our alias is: nxtioncom (nxtion is unfortunately already assigned)

Out of my head a few features:
- Delete shouts
- Creating aliases with a few mouseclicks, which points to your profile
- Integrate private encrypted messages to other users
- Integrate whispers, the possibility to post on other users profiles (to prevent spam the owner of the profile could specify a given fee which have to be used)
- A big statistic with information about nxtion (number of shouts, number of users, amount of nxt of all users etc)
- More information possibilites for users (like biography, donation nxt account id, amount of nxt etc)

Please let me know what you think. Because this thread is very confusing I created a new thread on NxtCrypto! Please write everything there! Smiley

To the NxtCrypto thread!

Thank you very much.

I hope you all vote for my projects, I will guarantee that the AM explorer and nxtion.com will develop in the direction you like. Just write me an email or a PM. Smiley

Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:38:30 PM

Swarm Launched:

Team,

Bitcoin Magazine just posted a full article about Nxt!! Please do the following:

1. Read the article

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9826/nxt-proof-stake-new-alternative-altcoin/

2. Open up your Google Docs link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuputZyRQ5-5dGJSMkQ3MUJQYTFSOGlmZWhpVURlSnc&usp=drive_web

3. Make an original post (please give it some thought and share your feelings about Nxt and the community)

4. Up and down votes comments (important!!)

5. Reply (politely) to at least 1 troll comment

PLEASE do not leave links, it looks like replies are blocked that include them.

6. Make sure to reflect this was done in the Google Docs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuputZyRQ5-5dGJSMkQ3MUJQYTFSOGlmZWhpVURlSnc&usp=drive_web

Let's show our respect while getting our point across. Thank you again to Bitcoin Magazine for taking the time to highlight the hard work of everyone here that busts azz in so many different ways day to day.

If you haven't done so, please take part in this.
If you have, you may want to go back and upvote some of the posts there.

The comment section is very good to Nxt Smiley

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:40:32 PM

Alarm: bter just lost 100k nxt of mine with no response in the past 4 hours!

Story: I withdrew 200k, first transaction is sent the second was not, but 200k were substracted, sent and email but no response yet.

Just alarming you guys.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 06:21:23 PM by Zahlen

Thanks for reposting gimre. In fact I may have found one solution to our communications problem.

I've been checking out diaspora*. It's like a (semi-)decentralized Facebook, twitter and forum all rolled into one. The main idea is you make a post (e.g. on your "stream" (wall), or reply to someone somewhere), then you can tag it with twitter-like hashtags, e.g. #nxt, #nxtmarketing, #nxtwhitepaper. The open-source free and brower-based software lets you filter for and follow specific hashtags.

I might not have all the details right, but this is the gist of it. It's difficult to explain in words, and even screenshots. How about we give it a try, see if folks like it and find it helpful? I'm "zahlen" on the network, add/follow me and #nxt, or ask me to add you.

EDIT: Oops, it's not open-source.

EDIT 2: diaspora seems best suited for updates and keeping everyone informed of what's going on, rather than a place to go into details.

EDIT 3: It doesn't support comment editing! Boo! (Maybe I can make a feature request, if we do use diaspora)

NxtChg

Activity: 840

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

Please note the source  published supposed to be0.0.6 version

great! minusbalancer, very nice structured and clean code.

+1

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
tooroth

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:44:41 PM

Alarm: bter just lost 100k nxt of mine with no response in the past 4 hours!

Story: I withdrew 200k, first transaction is sent the second was not, but 200k were substracted, sent and email but no response yet.

Just alarming you guys.

It is not rare in Bter. You must wait and send them more emails.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:44:50 PM

Push. Cheesy

If nxtion would have them, I believe it could beat both nxtcoin and nxtcrypto forums Wink

Oh, I've found it:

There's a lot that could be done to help with communication. Instead of just a traditional forum (section -> thread -> post), there could additionally be support for the following, e.g.

-instead of giant quote pyramids, there could be slashdot/reddit tree-style threads.
-people like salsa, pin and joefox are making regular aggregator link posts, which is great. Even better if these could be stickied. Better still imo, if the most important links and their description could be displayed directly, instead of having to go into the stickied post to find them. Basically, the more important and/or the more people it involves, the more visible it should be.
-more options to customize what you want to follow than just a watchlist. Maybe a reddit style way of assembling favourite subreddits. Maybe topic tags for threads and posts.
- I've mentioned summary and definitions of technical terms before. Maybe a small, fixed frame/window for summary of the ongoing discussion (update permissions decided by topic starter say?) Mouseover technical terms/acronyms to get definitions (maybe these could be databased in our wiki? What do you think joe?)
- maybe integration of real-time communication tools like gdocs or the old Google Wave, or at least a chatbox.
- personally, I'd love LaTeX support so that I can write math using less English

Lots of possibilities. But most importantly, the site admins and devs need to experiment with ideas like this and interfaces. Find out what works best for most folks.

nxtcrypto, are you guys (or anyone else) up for this? I don't know web coding, so even though I suggest all this, I can't help with the implementation Sad I can do interface mockups though. And the LaTeX support part, if you guys are interested in adding that, I can help. Let me know. Smiley

Sorry, I was quite busy today/yesterday and I didn't saw that comment. I will head into the direction of this poll.

I also thought about this:

Can you PM me which features do you want to see the most? Smiley I'm currently thinking about doing a NXT reddit. (with the different discussion areas)

If we can get a specific sum in NXT I could also take a break for a few months and working full-time on this.

Okay. Thanks. You can also write me an email at contact@nxtarea.com

I like the reddit idea more. There you can create subreddits like "economy", "trading", "websites", "services" etc.. I'm not sure about the up and down voting, because this have to be on my database, and not on the blockchain.

For general voting I could also create an extra section for this on nxtion, where you have to vote with your account. The more NXT you send, the more voting points you got for the topic.

My goal is to make an api later, so that everyone can create it's own nxtion clones, but still based on my blockchain data.

Also I am the moderator of /r/NXT now. But there is a problem. The 2. moderator promoted me and left the group. But the oldest one is still inside and I asked him to leave, so I can build this subreddit to something big. I know that I can create a request, so he will be kicked. But I need 500 points in total, and I have about 40 to few.. He wasn't online since a few days, thus he didn't responded to my mails yet.

So if someone has connections to reddit so they can promote me to the only moderator it will be quite good. Or we should think about sth where I can get my latest 40 upvotes so I can request it.

Then we will form a reddit team which will maintain it.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

Push. Cheesy

Oh, I've found it:

Sorry, I was quite busy today/yesterday and I didn't saw that comment. I will head into the direction of this poll.

I also thought about this:

Can you PM me which features do you want to see the most? Smiley I'm currently thinking about doing a NXT reddit. (with the different discussion areas)

If we can get a specific sum in NXT I could also take a break for a few months and working full-time on this.

Okay. Thanks. You can also write me an email at contact@nxtarea.com

I like the reddit idea more. There you can create subreddits like "economy", "trading", "websites", "services" etc.. I'm not sure about the up and down voting, because this have to be on my database, and not on the blockchain.

For general voting I could also create an extra section for this on nxtion, where you have to vote with your account. The more NXT you send, the more voting points you got for the topic.

My goal is to make an api later, so that everyone can create it's own nxtion clones, but still based on my blockchain data.

Also I am the moderator of /r/NXT now. But there is a problem. The 2. moderator promoted me and left the group. But the oldest one is still inside and I asked him to leave, so I can build this subreddit to something big. I know that I can create a request, so he will be kicked. But I need 500 points in total, and I have about 40 to few.. He wasn't online since a few days, thus he didn't responded to my mails yet.

So if someone has connections to reddit so they can promote me to the only moderator it will be quite good. Or we should think about sth where I can get my latest 40 upvotes so I can request it.

Sorry if misunderstanding but can we give you upvotes? We need a link to your profile?
gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

@CfB, @JeanLucPicard:

Server part, should have some configuration option in web.xml,
that would disallow communication with hosts running version lower than required

i.e:
Code:
<init-param>
<param-name>minimumVersion</param-name>
<param-value>0.5.11</param-value>
</init-param>

I still see hosts with 0.5.3, 0.5.5, 0.5.7, 0.5.8, sending or receiving data from <0.5.10 is waste of time

NemusExMāchinā
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:50:53 PM

@CfB, @JeanLucPicard:

Server part, should have some configuration option in web.xml,
that would disallow communication with hosts running version lower than required

i.e:
Code:
<init-param>
<param-name>minimumVersion</param-name>
<param-value>0.5.11</param-value>
</init-param>

I still see hosts with 0.5.3, 0.5.5, 0.5.7, 0.5.8, sending or receiving data from <0.5.10 is waste of time

This won't work when we have more implementations of the core.
marek3ball

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:51:46 PM

NXT - 3D graphics: Update #06

More gold.

All 3d renderings are here:
forums.nxtcrypto.org
nextcoin.org

Jean-Luc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:51:58 PM

I have generated a javadoc as a preview of what the public API of 0.6.0 looks like at the moment:

https://nxt.airdns.org:7875/doc/

This is for Java developers planning to use this API directly instead of the http/json based interface. It is of course subject to change. Private and package-local classes and methods are not included, in case you wonder why so few classes.

Me and CfB decided to start applying the asset exchange related bugfixes and new APIs to the 0.6 branch, and start using that for testing the AE. This means the 0.6 branch may get released even before the database transition, which I will work on in a different branch, depending on when the AE functionality is ready.

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:53:18 PM

Sorry if misunderstanding but can we give you upvotes? We need a link to your profile?
Sure:

http://www.reddit.com/user/MaxLeMilian/

View the moderators here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/NXT/about/moderators/

To my request:
http://www.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/comments/1wmyfo/requesting_rnxt_the_creator_of_this_sub_isnt/

Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:54:26 PM

Can you give us the link to where we need to go?
I've been active in /r/nextcoin and /r/nxtcoin for a few days now and the community there wants them both to merge anyway.

If we upvote you we can just drop these both, so we can lose the "coin" part, too.

I can put up a post in both to direct them to where we need them and make a clean switch.

Edit: thanks, I'll get on it.

Pages: « 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: