Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins BETTER than BITCOIN?  (Read 5882 times)
kunis0727 (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

Is it possible to happen? Altcoins crushing bitcoin in terms of price, trading, etc.? I am just curious about all of your thoughts, so don't hesitate to reply and get yourself justified Smiley

This is for all of us to gain knowledge between ALTCOINS and BITCOIN.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rahutomo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

I do not think so.
Because the belief of the world is still focused on bitcoin, not on altcoin.
Let's see..
how much does world trust value to altcoin?
cryptoman512

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:11:22 PM

Is it possible to happen? Altcoins crushing bitcoin in terms of price, trading, etc.? I am just curious about all of your thoughts, so don't hesitate to reply and get yourself justified Smiley

This is possible but it will take a lot of effort. Even if other crypto is already way better than bitcoin in terms of technical functionalities, still bitcoin is most popular and has more people using it. It's all about a network size. If some altcoins beat bitcoin in terms of network size then bitcoin will be soon be replaced by new king in terms of Market cap and trading volume. Please don't base on the price when comparing, look at the trading volume and market cap.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:22:28 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 06:54:01 PM by Robin,Hood

No it is not possible because of emission rate (inflation). The only way to overcome is by some kind of trickery or manipulation of coin supply.
The way Bitcoin is structured is that new coin supply halves every 4 years and next halving is may 2020 and then is already better than fiat.
By 2050 it will have a emission (inflation) rate of 0.05%, with fiat you lose about 2% of your wealth annually.

Use case is totally meaningless, any good street artist painting has real use as it will be bought for some home or office.
Some expansive artwork has no use it just is in some dark room keep out of sunlight-
Golds use case is 90% just to be locked up somewhere.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:25:58 PM

i think this statements is not completely right because all altcoins directly or indirectly depends on bitcoin another statements all token depends on erc-20 based etherum platform. so etherum is better than bitcoin.

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:27:43 PM

if we will just discuss again the price to be higher than bitcoin then this is close! tehre will be no coin like that.
all we can have is just the better percent in income or profit.
less than a dollar coins is goood to hold though
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:42:15 PM

Since your question is in concern with price speculation, I dont think there is altcoin currently that could replace Bitcoin and take the throne. Bitcoin is the king and there were many who claimed they are better but were never to prove the worth.

When it comes to use cases, yes there are a lot many alts which have better use cases rather than Bitcoin, for example EThereum, in terms of usage, Eth is more useful then Bitcoin, however, for the price it still have a long way to go.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:44:42 PM

If you look at what is behind the coin - then of course, almost any altcoin is better than bitcoin, because behind bitcoin itself there is only speculative thirst and nothing more
But if you look in terms of reliability - it's better bitcoin, of course, because they will be traded for a long time by the same speculators

HaddenChapman

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

I don't think because bitcoin is the king of the all altcoins. It's controls the crypto market. It's give us a  reliable.
Brunoaoi007

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:51:44 PM

you think too far in this case, but no matter it is one of your cares.
I think altcoin might affect the bitcoin price, but not to destroy it.
The strong reason altcoin will not be able to destroy the bitcoin price is they still accommodate the exchange with BTC
Plus an analogy like this, BTC is for example Masterplan and Altcoin is the Latest Items, as well as any new product still requires the original Masterplan.
I think that way, please correct me if I am wrong. To increase our knowledge in various threads that exist in this forum
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:52:01 PM

I do not think that can happen anytime soon, maybe after 10-15 years, bitcoin is gonna remain the king for very long time, best strategy is to diversify and hold both the bitcoin and good alts at the same time.

explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:02:04 PM

Well, this is a rather provocative opinion, but rather reasonable. Altcoins are more functional, for example Ethereum platform is being used as a basis for many other projects in different spheres of life.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:07:58 PM

Theoretically yes as these altcoins are created to have more advance technology than bitcoin,or to resolve the shortcomings of bitcoin.But as of now ther wont be any altcoin that could replace bitcoin as bitcoin is being paired to these altcoins,bitcoin will dictate the whole market's faith as it is the main and first cryptocurrency that ever existed.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
mavikapi

Activity: 209
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

if bulls come altcoins rise better than bitcoin. else they move with bitcoin. if bitcoin drops much altcoins drop too much.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:12:08 PM

Ahh! Umm! No!

Actually the thing is bitcoin still stands a chance to overcome the alts. have you ever read or heard about the BTC dominance in the CMC or somewhere? Do you know how much it is ! Its around 37% dominance , and I am sure its earned one not just coming out of imagination.

Thats the best thing that can explain the whole scenario. So I am pretty sure altcoin will be in the second position all the time.

Also altcoin are things, which come and go all the time leaving behind those few which are at the top! But surely they cant take down the BTC at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Ultra_io

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:13:34 PM

Bitcoin is impossible to replicate because of his history, his conception is immaculate. It's not possible to reproduce that type of distribution.
ronaldopazzi7

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:14:19 PM

this situation depends on your expectation from the investment. If you are considering a long term secure investment; btc. If you want short term, the subcoins are more reasonable. you must decide first.
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

Bitcoin is the father of the crypto market . And Altcoins are a kind of children who can become better in the future . But BTC does not stand still ,so we can say they are equal
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:25:52 PM

for now, it is impossible i think for altcoins to be better than bitcoin, until now bitcoin still strong, it is since over than 7 years.
we can't say only about the price. community, technology or even his community, bitcoin is superior to altcoins.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:32:14 PM

That should not happen mate. So far bitcoin is not in the control of anyone so no one can write patent for it or steal the volume and sell it for big profit. But altcoins are not like that. We will find the big market collapse happen if any altcoins take lead over bitcoins.

Don't ever think that should happen mate. Then people believe on the crypto market will loose the money have invested on any coins. I believe no leader after bitcoin and that will come in nightmare dreams as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: