Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:57:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2581 times)
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:20:41 AM

Hard wallet is cool but if you cant afford it, just download a wallet you will have access to its private key and the pk should be save offline to avoid any form of phissing or hack..  
I think don't too complicated to use a variety of wallets like hardware wallet or etc, I've been using online wallets for years, but I've
never had a hacking problem, I just added 2fa to every wallet account I have, and I have different passwords for each account

Me also, I've just using online wallet for my bitcoin holdings and seems no problem for me since i'm using this very long time, I think it just depend on the users on how to protect their wallet from hackers or phishing but I can't also guarantee 100% of my holdings in my online wallet safe because they always say that their is no safe in online world.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1778
Merit: 298

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:25:55 AM

seems to make a bitcoin wallet without using the internet can not because it may be hit with the address of the wallet that is on the internet, whereas if you send bitcoin using an offline wallet it seems like it will be at risk.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:29:49 AM

I think the best way to store BTC is through cold storage, its almost impossible to get hacked while i cold storage There are however a number of options to Keep BTC safe,you can use Hardware wallets,These wallets keep your coins off the internet and away from the hackers reach, they also give you complete control of your coins, giving you the ability to confirm all the transaction that goes through your wallet.  You can chose to use Trezor or the Ledger Nano S
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

The first time I store my bitcoin is in blockchain.info which I think is the best online wallet, all the security features are available there and I'm never afraid to save on blockchain because it's proven to be the safest wallet.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:50:01 PM

Thats one way of storing your coins safely but you can also buy a hardware wallet so in case you need to travel and you meed to bring with you those coins, you can just safely store your coins as well and bring it with you wherever you go; like Ledger for instance.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Sabihtikoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:07:12 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
The most secure way to store your Bitcoin is to produce paper wallets from a copy of a website using a browser on an offline computer booted from a secure OS on a CD printing to a wired printer with no internal memory.However, that's only work for long term.I'f your looking for security but usable storage. You can try hardware wallet like a Ledger or Trezor that will very securely store your Bitcoin while still being usable.
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:13:09 PM

seems to make a bitcoin wallet without using the internet can not because it may be hit with the address of the wallet that is on the internet, whereas if you send bitcoin using an offline wallet it seems like it will be at risk.
There are quite a few softwares available for purposing purposes, but I have never used a BTC wallet, but I use the MEW wallet, which is really safe if you install Metamask. So they are safer for us to trade tokens or ETH. Criminals will never be able to know our personal lock.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:18:37 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
There are actually many wallets available that are I think safe and it only matters on the things that you are doing.  You can use hardware wallets but it cost some money but I think it is safe enough. You can also try paper wallet but considering of creating or making it,  it is time consuming.  I think almost all wallets available are safe and it only depends on your carelessness on exploiting your keys.
vypzilla

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:21:53 PM

hardware wallet, trezor or nano ledger. VERY RELIABLE, i wouldn't trust many methods. Paper wallet is not a bad shout, sometimes i feel keeping your information offline is the safest form. If your talking just a few dollars, yeah sure leave it on the exchange.
sssyjmr13

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

hardware wallet would be a good idea. it is more secure than online or desktop wallet. hardware wallets like usb sticks which u can carry around in person. also, there is no personal information linked in it so no need to worry about identifying data getting leaked. and in case u lose your wallet, you will be able to to recover the funds using seed phrase.
player1001101001

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:25:26 PM

Hardware wallet and online wallet both are safe to storing bitcoin. I used it since from last year and I never faced hacking problems. Instead of that, it has kept my bitcoin safe.

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █ Gooreo​ - Decentralized Career Platform!  █ https://t.me/gooreo █
Sigfred Hernadez

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:39:20 PM

The key thing to understand is that no matter what you do, you won’t actually be storing the bitcoin itself. That’s because a bitcoin isn’t an object, it’s an encrypted address on the blockchain. What you own is a unique key that unlocks a specific bitcoin location, and that’s what you need to be protecting at all times by storing it in a wallet.
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:42:30 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

You have to create your own wallet the make sure to download Antivirus and avoid going to unsecured sites.  Hacker now a days can find ways of steeling information,  so be careful. You can also do a balance transfer.
Geoffrey Walker

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:04:48 PM

The easier way to store your bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is in a digital wallet online, or locally on your smartphone or computer. But leaving your bitcoin in public view can open you up to attacks from hackers and phishing scams. That’s why the best option is a hardware wallet that stores your bitcoin offline.
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:11:01 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

This is a good list of having your Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrency safely in a Personal Computer. There are many wallets available on browsers but its up to you if you will trust them with your money. You can also buy a ledger where you can store your Crypto externally from the computer and also the internet. You also need to keep in mind hiding your private keys safely.
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:21:40 PM

Considering how many different types of wallets exist at all, it should be noted that paper wallets are ideal for those who do not trust electronic ones, and for long-term investment this is also a good option, for larger sums it is better to choose desktop (on hard disk). for bitcoin just the desktop version will be more suitable: it's Bitcoin Core.
ListenMiss

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:36:40 PM

In my opinion, the safest way to save is to use a wallet address, and not to tell the key to anyone.
SmileyLadd

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:38:01 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

The best store or wallet that I would recommend you is MyEtherWallet. The best, highly-secured storage, cannot be phished.
Arenaworld88

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

Since I'm just new with bitcoin this thread will be very helpful to me. I will read all the suggestions from the tenure of this industry. I am hoping that my start will be as good and positive.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:50:30 PM

For storing larger amounts of coins, Cold Storage (i.e. Paper or Hardware wallets) are recommended. Small values can be more comfortably stored on Hot Wallets
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: