Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:32:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2579 times)
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:54:04 PM

It does not have much science, just buy a hardware wallet and store almost all your crypto in here, that is the only way in that you are never going to get scammed, trust me.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bristlefront

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:07:02 PM

Hardware wallet and a pc without virus and another extra laptop that is not connected to internet since it is bought. Try also to diverse your bitcoins from different hardware you have. Criminal are being smarter and smarter and you might be the next victim and always be aware on what you've browse online.

@oweljayr

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2018, 04:26:04 PM by @oweljayr

Well for me, the best way to keep your bitcoin safe is to have safe wallet as well.  Safe wallet means, when opening your wallet, you must be vigilant in using any gadgets of rental computers because as we know, hackers are very much knowledgeable in leaving apps in various units, then any one who would use the computers with out any precautions could be a victim.  So we must be careful in using computers from public internet shops.
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:13:55 PM

There are many different ways to store Finance and bitcoins, but their safety and security is your main task and responsibility.Now the majority chooses hardware wallets, and here the choice is yours..

sjuzze

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:17:34 PM

To store the bitcoin safely, you should set up the wallet to store. As far as I know, there are five types of secure bitcoins available today: Ledger Nano S wallet, Exodus Wallet, My Ether Wallet, Wallet TREZOR, Wallet Ethereum on Coinbase
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:41:22 PM

There are not safest way to do it, but you are on the right way. your list it good about 95% the risk is about 5% anyway i think

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:49:17 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
There are numerous ways people can store cryptocurrencies which in this case is bitcoin. For example, there are readily availabke digital wallets everyone can avail at a price where they can store their priced cryptocurrencies in convenience. Anotger way is by hardware wallets which offers the highest amount if security and tge highest amount of risks. Because when the hard disk of your computer is gone, so is your bitcoins.

royal slave01

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:58:59 PM

There are not safest way to do it, but you are on the right way. your list it good about 95% the risk is about 5% anyway i think

I think there's a safe place where you can store bitcoin but it is expensive too because  hardware wallet is maintained by some IT experts  make our bitcoin safe and untouchable by some unauthorize person that may try to stole or hack.
Lx2018

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:59:44 PM

I have to recommend you a better than average, trustworthy wallet for securing bitcoins. I myself have been using this travel bag. It's called Exodus. The wallet is amazingly worthwhile, has a brilliant interface. I amazingly like him. Endeavor it, you may like it too.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:31:28 PM

For me!
5. Save keys in safe place
May be used Mutisig wallet ( bitcoin adress with 3, not 1)
charlenedave

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:52:36 PM

For me, the best way to store your bitcoin is to have a ledger wallet; It was one of the recommendations to me, right away, I buy and use it to secure my coins.

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:54:54 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
There are numerous ways people can store cryptocurrencies which in this case is bitcoin. For example, there are readily availabke digital wallets everyone can avail at a price where they can store their priced cryptocurrencies in convenience. Anotger way is by hardware wallets which offers the highest amount if security and tge highest amount of risks. Because when the hard disk of your computer is gone, so is your bitcoins.
you have to be careful and think wise what are some of the best that you can actually have to do with and you may ever have to know more a lot before you may have to decide on.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

mylove01

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

I think the best way is getting the best application software and set a security and do not expose to anyone
zafaryaqoob

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:14:33 PM

Just Simple Buy the ledger Nano S wallet and then Store your currency Securely.
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:18:25 PM

The best way to store your bitcoin safely is buying hardware wallets. There are many types of bitcoin wallets but the hardware wallets are the most safety and most trusted bitcoin wallet. You can ensure that your bitcoins are safe if you will store your bitcoins in hardware wallets.

hanapertiwi

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

You basically want cold and secure storage You should first study the advantages and disadvantages of each method and then learn how to use it in the safest way.
MNTCorp

Activity: 119

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Cold wallets - is the most safest way to store your btc, if you are going to hold it. But if you want to trade your btc you need to store in exchanges, because you need to have control under your bitcoin, because trading needs rapid decisions. But my advice is don't keep your bitcoin in one box, try to keep your coins in plenty exchanges, and it is the best way to be protected against thefts.  
TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

Actually without having to think long we can save it with a very safe without the need to use a hard way
1. Make your bitcoin wallet (you can use Blockchain.info to create the wallet).
2. Store your wallet keys in a safe place. (If possible, Backup your key in another safe place to avoid loss, forgetfulness or steal).
3. Happy Using!
Cryptocb

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:13:58 PM

They are different way to store bitcoin and is safe with an adequate guide towards it. Tharefore I like using Blockchain technology wallet address, that is Blockchain.info wallet address to secure my bitcoin for a long period.
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:15:58 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
You usually decide if your bitcoin will be stored safely or not, you can always try finding a good and secured wallet, the one that's tested and proven well by many. By doing such you won't have to worry anymore about your bitcoin and start investing more. Just be smart on choosing a wallet and make sure no one is trying to get on it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: