Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2583 times)
darksanya

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

I suppose the best way is don't be jealous and buy a cold wallet like trezor and don't think about safety as you worry when your funds are on the virtual wallet or even on the exchange
mrben77

Activity: 279

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:40:47 PM

there are five methods that significantly reduce the risk of theft: paper wallets, encrypted paper wallets, offline signature of the transactions (without Internet connection), fragmented secret keys, multi-signature wallets, hardware wallets. if you use at least one of these methods, then you should not worry about hacker attacks.
electronus

Activity: 231

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

there are some recommendations that can significantly reduce the risk of hacking and stealing your wallet. for you they will be useful. for example, creating a backup copy of the wallet file, creating a strong password, encrypting secret keys, reliable antivirus and storing crypto currency on cold wallets. they are many, but these are basic. and, of course, do not fall for the tricks.
dhanushilakshani

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:05:35 PM

I recommend you to use hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano s . but i prefer ledger because it compatible with neo and nep5 tokens also. that feature is not in trezor
Kristina_2805

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:08:10 PM

I believe that apart from storing crypto there is a more important issue. Unfortunately, it isn't very liquid these days. Luckily, I've recently heard about Paytomat. Paytomat will streamline the process of accepting the payment in crypto for the merchant, and give an extra incentive for the customer to pay in crypto of their choice with no extra conversion. This will bring liquidity to cryptocurrencies.
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:12:12 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Actually, all of that correct but the easiest way to store your bitcoin is to put in a wallet and do not ever share the password and private key of that wallet. On the other hand, just keep it in a safe place and do not trust anyone because there are lot of scammers.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:26:47 PM

while bitcoin is stored in a purse, and thus the key is only from the owner, the coins are safe. the only thing this platform can not fight with is the risks of the real world: the threat of theft, bullet in the head, fire and floods, as well as threats that emanate from the purse owners themselves. for long-term investors, there will be a lock on time in the wallet. this is one of the reliable ways to guarantee unavailability.

The best way to store your bitcoin is hardware wallet and some online wallets are also available for all types of people but my choice is hardware wallet because no one can access  without you want help from your wallet .

Mary89

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:29:38 PM

There are many variations on how to do this, I recommend still ask the person who has a lot of experience, and with whom you communicate well, if this is not, I recommend to view the information on the Internet.
junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:30:19 PM

the safest way to store crypto currency is on a digital wallet or on an exchanger that has been used by many people and also use the double security provided by google

collision00

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:32:04 PM

There are stopped various great approaches to store your Bitcoins yet one thing that you should accentuate on is the security of your coins,this ought to dependably be given need at constantly. we as a whole have inclinations with regards to the decision of wallet we utilize. some will make due with electronic MEW in view of the quick exchange speed and effectiveness, Bu for appropriate security, I'd make due with Hardware wallets which are not as inclined to hacking as Web base wallets. They store your crypto disconnected making it unthinkable for an outsider to get to it.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:48:46 PM

The safest place to store a bitcoin is a hardware wallet. There are some online wallets as well but they are not so reliable. The security level is lower there though they may be more comfortable and faster in use. So it is for you to decide what is more important - safety or comfort of use.

Roy11

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:59:53 PM

The safest place to store a bitcoin is a hardware wallet. There are some online wallets as well but they are not so reliable. The security level is lower there though they may be more comfortable and faster in use. So it is for you to decide what is more important - safety or comfort of use.
it's true, but the wallet is not enough even though there is a password, we must be more alert, we can give a double security is 2fa
PAES23

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 08:23:09 PM

The best and safest way to store bitcoin is to store it in a Hardwallet. Hackers can’t hack it because they need the hardwallet to get to it. We all know what hackers can do, there are so many phishing sites out there. So, I recommend use hardwallet instead.
DunnDy

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:27:10 PM

The most important thing is to avoid wallets that store your private key because they control your funds. Ideally, if you don't want to spend money, use a software wallet and if someone is ready for an expense, it is worth buying a hardware wallet that works very well. The password should be stored in a place which no one else will have access to, and this is ensured by the hardware wallet.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
rizki90

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:27:33 PM

well i think the most important thing to keep bitcoin assets that we have in bitcoin wallets is of course it depends on each individual owner of bitcoin assets. so I mean the way in which to store bitcoin assets with any wallet would not be safe if the owner of the wallet is careless in his private key storage. so I mean hacking can happen if the other party knows about the private key you have so if someone else needs to know about your wallet, I think you should choose someone who can be trusted to keep the private key from your wallet unknown to others and  that's the right way, but is it dangerous to give your bitcoin to the computer you are using at this time could be exposed to a virus that is encrypted with a thief code so as to make your private key stolen better you store in [Suspicious link removed] after that you print out private key you have
Gerci

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:47:31 PM

How to keep Bitcoin safe The first is you have to save it in Bitcoin wallet. What is meant by Bitcoin wallet is original and made by Bitcoin developer itself.Bitcoin purse can be used as Bitcoin shipment, Bitcoin recipient, shipping address storage and also Bitcoin acceptance address.If you lose the keyword to open the Bitcoin wallet it's a sign that your balance and coins in your Bitcoin wallet will be lost. So that Bitcoin you are safe should have a private key backup.
JackssHarriss

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:20:02 PM

Check out HBUS! It's a super secure marketplace that will be launching soon in the United States. They're partners with Huobi and using similar technology which is great because Huobi has never been hacked. hbus.com
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:23:22 PM

The best way to store bitcoins is, you must have a wallet to store your bitcoin. Create your own wallet and save the file safely, if you can private key so someone does not know.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:29:34 PM

Bitcoin is virtual money and every money will definitely have the tools to keep it (wallet) safely, just like paper money (real money). Definitely have a wallet to keep it safe and not lost. The best way to store bitcoins is, you must have a wallet to store your bitcoin. Create your own wallet and save it securely or attach a private key to secure your bitcoin, to be safe and there is no theft and disappearance.  Smiley
Jin xiou

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:34:09 PM

You need to download the site code on the computer, disconnect from the Internet, then select the desired currency and generate in the program the public and private keys, which then need to be printed on paper. The public key, for getting money, can be freely handed out to all the right and left. Closed to send, of course, you need to hide away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: