Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:24:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2583 times)
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:39:39 AM

it is better to store bitcoin in the hardware wallet than in the exchanges especially if we have much bitcoin like for example more than 10 bitcoin. we don't know how safe the exchanges and there are no guarantee that we can keep our bitcoin in that place. maybe I will leave only small amount bitcoin and keep the rest of my bitcoin in the hardware wallet.

Good theme for people that are smart and careful with their crypto. One thing if you are working every day in playing on the exchanges and you need to have all the coins there, other if you are holding coins to earn.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
woolm110

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 10:01:47 AM

Offline wallets are the safest option but I personally use the ledger nano s because it allows me to store the private keys for multiple coins, important to remember that if you go down this route then you need to keep your backup codes in a safe place that no one else can access!
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:26:23 AM

the best way to store bitcoin safely are ledger and nano both are hardware wallets investing in hardware wallets are much better rather than online wallets
There is a great way to save your Bitcoin but one thing you should emphasize is the safety of your coins, this should always be a priority all the time. Another popular method is to use a hardware purse but for that you have to buy one that will cost you but you can be safer than using a hot wallet but at the same time you can continue to use the funds in it as often as possible. What you need.
jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:29:43 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Thanks for the information that you have been share to us, you are right save your keys in a safer place, do not share your keys to others especially to the persons that you cant trust. Save your keys many times and in many places so that you are sure that it will not lost.

MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:40:59 AM

There are some great ways to save your Bitcoin but one thing you should emphasize is the security of your coins, this should always be a priority all the time. we all have a preference when choosing the wallet we use. some will be satisfied with the web based MEW because of the fast transaction speed and efficiency. One of the popular methods is the paper wallet for that you do not really need a separate PC, you can always use Linux directly on dvd with your internet disconnected and you can use the tools such as bitaddress.org source code or another Bitcoin wallet that allows you to export your private key. So it is impossible for a stranger to access it.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:47:08 AM

I would rather go for a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nano Ledger S. I am planning to buy it very soon. For now, I am storing it in a hosted wallet. Even if I am confident with it, but not satisfied 100% when it comes to safety and security. I would also like to store Bitcoin in a paper wallet like what I did with Electroneum, but I kinda feel that hardware wallet would always be the best for security purposes.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
ggugoienpai

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:51:50 AM

The best way is to save only the cold wallet, because the hardware wallet is offline, and the hacker has no way to enter your wallet.
Abdullah.dhariwal

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:30:46 AM

i think the best way to store Bitcoin is good hardware wallet. its more secure and give more sense of security. better way to solve the threat from increasing number of hacking exchanges
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:44:19 AM

Best way to store bitcoin is to use hardware wallet, if you don't want to invest then you can use desktop wallet Exodus. It is a multicurrency wallet, you can store many other cryptocurrencies too. It is very easy to use and user-friendly.
'

PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:47:26 AM

Many people say you can used hardware wallet so your coins is safe, I'm using metamask, until now metamask is good for me, I make sure that i visited site is not phishing site, but if you have money to buy hardware wallet go on its good for you, someday i will buy also that hardware wallet.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Filthy1

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

I would recommend a Trezor or Ledger  wallet
beurk

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:42:38 PM

Unless you're a "small" holder (because of the cost of it) : I saw someone storing his wallet on a laser engraved stainless steel plate. I guess it can be a nice way of keeping it secure regarding accident like fire, water, electronic device failure (like a trezor or a ledger wallet). Dogtags is a cool idea imho, isn't it ?
barcelona 94

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:08:19 PM

I go full paper wallet. Stored safely at home AND in a vault at the bank AND somewhere safe else. Printed best quality on both paper and ink (laser)
Naweedhamid

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:37:35 PM

Personally, I used Ledger hardware wallet to store the BTC and all currencies. I think itis very very safe and easy for all of us. Anyone can buy ledger wallet. Personally I bought 2 ledger wallets for me and my wife. we can use ledger for loading tokens, send, and receiving tokens. It is very very similar to MEW. Definitely, I really love to ledger wallet. Kiss Kiss Kiss
Findingnemo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 792

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:43:18 PM

Personally, I used Ledger hardware wallet to store the BTC and all currencies. I think itis very very safe and easy for all of us. Anyone can buy ledger wallet. Personally I bought 2 ledger wallets for me and my wife. we can use ledger for loading tokens, send, and receiving tokens. It is very very similar to MEW. Definitely, I really love to ledger wallet. Kiss Kiss Kiss

The best way to store your bitcoin is hardware wallet unless there are some other good morning while it is also available for us if you had some amount buy some hardware wallet it will help you for your long time then make safer investment will be happy by this device.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
rinkeshkashyap01

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:48:38 PM

Bitcoins but one thing that you must emphasize on is the security of your coins,this should always be given priority at all the time. we all have preferences when it comes to the choice of wallet we use. Web base wallets and Exodus. They store your crypto offline making it impossible for a stranger to access it.
lumpum

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:57:56 PM

I use a hardware wallet, an inexpensive and reliable way to store the crypt, of course not all coins can be held on it, but the most basic can be
roller24

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:05:44 PM

I have very little bitcoin, so I do not worry about security and keep my bitcoins on the exchange binance. This is the safest exchange.
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:20:05 PM

There are stopped various great approaches to store your Bitcoins however one thing that you should stress on is the security of your coins,this ought to dependably be given need at constantly. we as a whole have inclinations with regards to the decision of wallet we utilize. some will agree to electronic MEW as a result of the fast exchange speed and productivity, Bu for appropriate security, I'd make due with Hardware wallets which are not as inclined to hacking as Web base wallets.
DanicaManunson

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:42:58 PM

The best way to store your bitcoin is hardware wallet unless there are some other good morning while it is also available for us if you had some amount buy some hardware wallet it will help you for your long time then make safer investment will be happy by this device.

Hardware wallet is the best wallet where you can store btc, It secured by you and only you can have an access to that, if safety is the main reason why you store your bitcoin that is the way, ledger is also good for convenience of the user, transfer and receiving funds,  also if you want to have profit, I suggest that you store your btc in a profitable exchange in order for you to gain profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: