Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:49:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2588 times)
tebzzz

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

simply getting the job done

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:50:04 AM

I highly suggest you get yourself an online wallet, if you're gonna carry around a huge amount of BTC then I'd suggest you try to keep it at maximum security, store you keys in the most private place you know and lastly keep it on a 2FA authorization to keep it more secured, and its very easy to use and transact. However if you do have enough money to buy a hardware wallet then I'll recommend you to buy yourself a Ledger Nano S wallet, out of all the hardware wallets I do think this is the most affordable wallet out of all hardware wallets out there, though this is definitely the best way to store your bitcoins.
But do not use wallet exchange to keep all your assets, because it is quite dangerous. Quite a lot of hacking exchange cases. So only use wallet exchange when trading, after which you have to secure your assets back in a separate wallet. Well, wallet hardware is a very good suggestion.
indeed now wallet hardware is the best alternative to store bitcoin better, but all also need precision to store bitcoin because of the risk of missing and forgotten also remain.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
muarip

Activity: 591

WATANABE

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:52:52 AM

its the safe way to save your bitcoin using the bitcoin client in your computer, the main key to keep it safe is keep away from any suspicious hardware and keep away from internet, I believe that your bitcoin will safe in that computer for a very long time

Everyone has a variety of ways to save their Bitcoin and our time should be more careful to see how it works.

aryani

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:57:10 AM

I use NANO LEDGER for bitcoin storage I have, and that's the best way for me to store the bitcoin I have.
Stioned1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:59:43 AM

There are stopped various brilliant strategies to shop your Bitcoins but one aspect that you need to pressure on is the safety of your cash,this should dependably accept want at constantly. we as a whole have dispositions as regards to the decision of wallet we make use of. some will comply with digital MEW as a result of the short exchange speed and productiveness, Bu for appropriate protection, i might make due with hardware wallets which are not as inclined to hacking as net base wallets.
tesneut

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:00:28 AM

Thanks for this guide to store my bitcoins safely. Do I need to disconnect internet every time I check the coins in future ?
datnguyen0912

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:09:02 AM

My choice is ledger nano s  Cool
im_not_dazzled

Activity: 325

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:14:51 AM

The best way til now to store your Bitcoin safe is hold them on the cold wallet and unplug all the internet connection to it , that will help you store every coins in safety without any threats from hackers or stuffs like that .
satria2

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:22:44 AM

I use NANO LEDGER for bitcoin storage I have, and that's the best way for me to store the bitcoin I have.

It seems like a good suggestion to try, time to try something new to make things safer.
Nunii

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:17:36 AM

Hardware wallet is the safest. Make sure you wil ne storing tokens which are compatible with the wallet else, you'll lose them.
baby02

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:44:13 AM

In my own opinion the best way to secure your bitcoin is to always back up your data, and make several wallets don't put your bitcoin in just one wallet for security purposes.
NABiT

Activity: 330
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:33:35 AM

In my own opinion the best way to secure your bitcoin is to always back up your data, and make several wallets don't put your bitcoin in just one wallet for security purposes.

That's double edged option...

It does mean if you screw up with one wallet you still have the rest of your bitcoin in your other wallets.

On the other hand several wallets means several sets of security options to record and keep safe.
hogriderr

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

if in my opinion to be able to safely store bitcoin one thinks I make long-term investments and also keep bitcoin safely be sure to bring a wallet that is not connected to the internet.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:16:05 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
I think the safest way to save your bitcoin is by using the bitcoin client in your personal computers. And the the main key to keep all your bitcoins safer is to keep them away from any suspicious hardware and keep away from the use of internet during transactions. With that I believe that your bitcoin will be safe in that computer for a very long period.
Zeronic

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:02:26 PM

the best way to store bitcoin safely is in hard wallet.
hard wallet is the safest wallet because you dont need to write your private key to send your coins

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
lamcouz

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:04:39 PM

Hackers always are are just monitoring our wrong move, as of now to protect our money from frauds and hackers attacks by following these basic steps ,have very strong password,always check before making any transaction ,use the cold storage,double check all the crypto relates web sites you visit
marcosfx

Activity: 303

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:27:17 AM

I have heard also that hardware wallets are safe and secure, I'm going to buy myself one of those, but little bit later, so maybe I can share with you the advantages of it later.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Ashwin Kumar

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:46:46 AM

From last few days, I am just purchasing bitcoin from different resellers and trying to store in my coinbase account even now I am planning to hold for a long time as I think this will be 15k very soon. 
Phinoy

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

Hi again
I just wanted to let you guys that have been recommending the hardware wallets,
I was going to buy the ledger nano s tonight until I read there is security issues with them, Ive just made a post here regarding the Ledger Nano S https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3630923

I think it's better to store bitcoin by investing.more  safely if you do it maybe you will think more without hassle and you can think other thing's  without thinking more to your bitcoin only wait for the market to get high .
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

Actually bitcoin has a strong security protocol system so if to lose bitcoin it is definitely the fault of the users. It looks like the safest way for users is to use a hardware wallet to store bitcoins. Also users must be careful with web phishing and use 2FA as a further security measure.
Wolfgang.Smith11

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

I think the best way to store BTC is through cold storage,But you have to buy one and it may cost you some amount but its worth to spend some money for proper and better security of your funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: